Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 1st, 2009 #1
Sven Ivory

Default John Gotti Jr, 'the Teflon Son,' escapes conviction for the fourth time

John Gotti Jr, the heir to New York’s biggest crime family, beat his father’s record today when he escaped conviction at a fourth successive trial.

A jury trying the mob scion announced it was deadlock tonight, forcing the judge to declare the fourth mistrial in five years.

“Junior,” as he is known, is the son of late mafia chieftain John Gotti, known as the “Teflon Don” for beating prosecutors at three trials before he was finally jailed for life at the fourth attempt in 1992.

Junior has now earned himself a reputation as the “Teflon Son.”

The younger Gotti, who took over the Gambino crime family from his father, claimed he quit the mob in 1999 - so that the Statute of Limitations had expired.

Prosecutors accused Mr Gotti, 45, of racketeering, including two drug-related murders, calling him “a violent street thug.”

He faced testimony from his former best friend and self-proclaimed “rat” John Alite, an Albanian-American mobster who claimed he had bedded Mr Gotti’s married sister Victoria.

Mr Alite described Mr Gotti as “spoiled,” saying: “He’s just a kid whose father’s a gangster. In a courtroom outburst, Mr Gotti called Mr Alite a “punk” and a “dog.”

Arguments also erupted in the jury room, with one juror complaining that a female postal worker on the panel was planning to write a book about the case. The two feuding jurors were removed from the trial.

The jury deliberated for longer than in the first three trials.

But jurors finally announced they were deadlocked on its 11th day of deliberations after returning from the long Thanksgiving Day holiday weekend.

Not even the Judge Kevin Castel’s effort to encourage them by giving jurors strawberry-flavoured liquorice twirls could coax them to a verdict.

Mr Gotti, who would have faced life in prison if convicted, wept as the mistrial was declared. His family applauded and his defense counsel, Charles Carnesi, put his hand on Mr Gotti’s back

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6939913.ece

John A. (Junior) Gotti released after Judge declares mistrail; 4th mistrial in 5 years

Junior beat the rap - again - and now he's going home.

Second-generation mob boss John A. (Junior) Gotti was released on $2 million bail Tuesday after his racketeering trial ended with a deadlocked jury and his fourth mistrial in five years.

The jury, in its 11th fruitless day of deliberations, sent out a second note announcing it was at a stalemate on all three charges against the now-Teflon Son.

Judge Kevin Castel then declared a mistrial in the 11-week old case, another stinging defeat for the government in its relentless pursuit of the second-generation mob boss.

Gotti inhaled deeply, his face flushed, and his family applauded as the dramatic decision was announced. Defense lawyer Charles Carnesi put his hand on Gotti's back.

Gotti walked out of court following his bail hearing - his first taste of freedom since August 2008, when he was arrested on the latest indictment.

The former Gambino boss faced life in prison if convicted - and could still face a fifth trial.

"Damn it, let it go," said his sister, Victoria, as the family celebrated its latest courtroom triumph. "It's the same thing over and over and over again.

"We're no organized crime family. We're just a family."

U.S Attorney Preet Bharara said his office was evaluating another Gotti prosecution, and would announce its decision "in the near future."

Asked about a fifth trial, the beleaguered Gotti replied, "I hope to God not."

The Gotti clan was planning a belated Thanksgiving celebration with Gotti, his wife and their six kids, said brother-in-law Louis Albano.

At Gotti's Oyster Bay, L.I., mansion, a catering truck arrived shortly after the jury came back - and 50 yellow balloons were tethered to the front gate.

The panel announced it was hung after returning from a five-day Thanksgiving weekend vacation.

One juror said the panel was divided 6-5 for conviction on racketeering, with one undecided; 7-5 for acquittal on one murder charge; and 6-5 for acquittal with one undecided on the second murder count.

"It was a long trial and we were split down the middle on almost everything," said juror Paul Peragine. "People shifted their vote back and forth, but it has to be over now.

"If they try him again it'll be an abuse of prosecution. Their case wasn't credible. Their witnesses weren't credible."

It marked the fourth failed prosecution of Gotti in five years, all ending with hung juries and mistrials.

This jury deliberated longer than the first three, but ultimately reached the same conclusion.

The mistrial boosted Junior Gotti - who spent six years in prison on an earlier conviction - past his dad in courtroom successes.

John (Dapper Don) Gotti beat three cases before he was convicted and jailed for life on murder and racketeering charges.

The divided jury sent out its first deadlock note Nov. 19, prompting the judge to give them a three-day weekend.
They returned Nov. 23, but found itself split again a day later.

Castel read the jury an "Allen charge," a last-ditch legal effort to urge a jury verdict before a mistrial.

Gotti, 45, used the same defense that worked in three prior cases: He quit the mob in 1999. The retirement defense split the three prior panels, and the fourth time proved a charm, too.

Gotti's fourth racketeering trial in five years began Sept. 21, with the anonymous jurors listening to a pair of familiar refrains.

Prosecutors described him as a ruthless mob boss responsible for murders, mayhem and drug dealing.

The defense, as it did successfully three previous times, insisted Gotti retired from "The Life" a decade ago.

Emotions ran high through the trial, which made as much news through courtroom theatrics as testimony. There were angry outbursts by Gotti and his mother, along with ugly backbiting among the jurors.

Junior exploded at his former buddy John Alite, a drug dealer turned mob informer who spent more than a week testifying against Gotti.

"You got something to say to me?" the star government witness barked at Gotti as he left the witness stand last month.

"You fag!" Gotti shouted back. "Did I kill little girls? You're a punk. You're a dog. You're a dog. You always were a dog your whole life, you punk dog."

Alite described his former best man as hot-tempered, violent and responsible for eight murders - including one where he gutted the victim with a knife inside a Queens bar.

He also infuriated the Gottis by repeating his claim of a romance with Junior's sister Victoria, claiming she turned to him after beatings inflicted by her ex-husband.

As the defense wrapped up its case, mob matriarch Victoria Gotti unleashed a vulgar tirade at Federal Judge Kevin Castel over his decision to cut loose a pair of feuding jurors.

One of the two, Juror 7, was widely seen as favoring the defense.

"F----- animals!" the seething mother screamed. " ... "The f------ gangsters! You son of a bitches! Put your own sons in there. You bastards!"

Gotti's mother was not in court Tuesday.

The jury's infighting - including an anonymous letter of complaint sent by one juror to the judge - became a recurring theme during the trial.

Castel, trying to calm the divided panel, at one point offered the jury a sweet treat: A plastic jar filled with 105 individually-wrapped pieces of strawberry licorice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...declares_.html

Old September 20th, 2010 #2
Sven Ivory

Default Gotti’s 'adopted son' who ratted on the mob sentenced to time served

Gambino crime family rat, Lewis Kasman, who Dapper Don John Gotti once called his “adopted son” scurried out of Brooklyn federal court with a no jail sentence as a reward for 15 years of cooperation with the government.

Kasman pleaded guilty in September of 2007 to obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI, after his own wire tape recorded him tipping off a fellow mobster to a federal investigation.

In 2008, while still cooperating with the government, he was charged again with robbing $90,000 after ripping off another Gambino crime member.

In his defense, Assistant U.S. Attorney Evan Norris, cited his contribution to the government’s uneven record prosecuting the Gottis.

“What Mr. Kasman achieved by recording the highest echelons of the Gambino crime family cannot be underestimated,” said Norris.

It wasn’t all good news for Kasman, 53, who was squealing on the mob even as he delivered the eulogy at the Gotti’s funeral.

“He can no longer live the dual life he once lived where he partied with the bad boys and then reported to the good guys,” said his lawyer Michael Gold, who claimed his client was on food stamps living with his parents.

“What a piece of sh-t,” said Angel Gotti, the Teflon Don’s oldest daughter, who was at the sentencing. “My father went to Marion for 10 years because of him.”

His lawyer asked the judge to consider his difficulty growing up without a father, his bitter divorce with his wife and his estrangement from the Gambino crime family before handing down his sentence.

“There is constant fear of retaliation and acts of violence against him and his loved ones,” said Gold.

It isn’t just his crime family that’s out to get him, his ex-wife would also like to see him dead, said Gold.

“It’s one thing for a couple to separate after many years, it’s another thing for the wife to side with the people who wanted to kill him,” he said.

Although Kasman was feeding information to the feds since 1995, according to his lawyer, it wasn’t until after he was busted in 2005 that he agreed to wear a wire for a whopping $12,000 a month.

“The man was two-faced, and that’s being charitable,” said Charles Carnesi, who represented Junior Gotti in the last racketeering trial in Manhattan federal court.

He was expected to testify against his mob brother Junior Gotti, but was deemed too unreliable to take the stand.

Wearing a rumpled grey blazer, black slacks, a white shirt and no tie, Kasman, buried his head in his and and sighed deeply throughout the proceeding.

“I do accept responsibility for my actions,” he told the judge. “They were serious crimes. “I did envy the bad guys. I’m not going to tell you that I did not. It’s a hard lesson to learn to live a clean and healthy life. I hope you have the compassion to do what’s right by me.”

Judge Nicholas Garaufis acknowledged Kasman contribution helping the FBI prosecute mobsters which he called the “cesspool of society” and the cost that it has on his life.

“Incarcerated or not, [Kasman] will never be free,” said the judge.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/g...-rss&FEEDNAME=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lewis Kasman.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	6852  

Old September 20th, 2010 #3
Johnny James

This guy could pass for a mulatto:

Old September 20th, 2010 #4
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Even worse is Gotti's Grandson:

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/28/gotti-...mugs-for-cops/

I tell myself that these aren't the Italian people, and that these are misrepresentations and degenerates highlighted by Jew culture, and that the best of those who inhabited Italy - and represent it's "culture" - stretched from Ancient Rome to the Renaissance, to even what in Modern Italy looks to be very far from this "American-Italian Guinea" B.S. I see.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm bullshitting myself just to appease my 3/4ths Italian background.

Least the other quarter is German.

I think I'll take a trip to Italy in the near future just to reassure, though I've heard Rome is full of rude dirtballs on the streets and even dirtier subway systems.

Old September 21st, 2010 #5
Axel Faaborg

How pathetic is New York that they still put up with this shit?

Why hasn't someone just gunned the fuckers down? I thought you New Yawkers were all steel balls n'sheeit.

Old September 21st, 2010 #6
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Faaborg View Post
How pathetic is New York that they still put up with this shit?

Why hasn't someone just gunned the fuckers down? I thought you New Yawkers were all steel balls n'sheeit.
All those Dago greaseballs, ("w/ their shiny suits and oily hair."), should have been deported long before they ever had a chance to be romanticized by the kikes.

Old September 21st, 2010 #7
Hugh
Holorep survivor

Old September 21st, 2010 #8
Marty Macaluso

John Gotti JR is a Jew, his mother is a Russian Jew. I give the father some credit though, he was against the US government when most Americans were flag waving patriots. In Sammy the Bulls book he says John Gotti the father was rooting for Iraqis to kill American soldiers during the first Gulf War, anyone who does that can't be that bad.

Old September 21st, 2010 #9
Metal Warrior
Leaving a bruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Macaluso View Post
John Gotti JR is a Jew, his mother is a Russian Jew. I give the father some credit though, he was against the US government when most Americans were flag waving patriots. In Sammy the Bulls book he says John Gotti the father was rooting for Iraqis to kill American soldiers during the first Gulf War, anyone who does that can't be that bad.
I'd never heard that Victoria DiGiorgio was a jewess.

Anyway, Gotti had no love for Afreakin' hominids :
John_Gotti John_Gotti
:

Quote:
Gotti, during a prison visit with his family was recorded saying: "Being a nigger is an embarrassment."

Old October 12th, 2010 #10
Sven Ivory

John Gotti, Jr. talks to Steve Kroft in his first extended television interview about growing up with an infamous father, convicted mafia boss John Gotti.

I downloaded it from The Pirate Bay. It's the complete version of the 60 MINUTES interview with superb audio and picture quality:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5491...1.HDTV.XviD-YT

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|888...-YT.avi|366706

http://hotfile.com/dl/37527549/cd1df...id-yt.avi.html

http://d01.megashares.com/index.php?d01=SNrHnal

Incomplete versions of this interview can be found on YouTube:

Old October 12th, 2010 #11
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
I'd never heard that Victoria DiGiorgio was a jewess.
Yeah. The "Kike Fucking Don".

Quote:
Marriage and Career

Around 1960, when he was twenty, Gotti met and fell in love with Victoria DiGiorgio. The petite, raven-haired beauty was born to a Jewish father. Her parents divorced when she was still an infant and she later took the last name of her stepfather.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/g.../career_3.html

Thread