Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 12th, 2010 #81
Alex Linder
Administrator

Cops get angry and arrest a citizen because he saves somebody before they can get their Super Dupers lined up.

Raft guide arrested after helping stranded rafter on Clear Creek
By Jason Blevins
The Denver Post

06/11/2010

Clear Creek sheriff's deputies on Thursday arrested a rafting guide for swimming to a stranded young rafter who had tumbled from his boat on Clear Creek.

Ryan Daniel Snodgrass, a 28-year-old guide with Arkansas Valley Adventures rafting company, was charged with "obstructing government operations," said Clear Creek Sheriff Don Krueger.

"He was told not to go in the water, and he jumped in and swam over to the victim and jeopardized the rescue operation," said Krueger, noting that his office was deciding whether to file similar charges against another guide who was at the scene just downstream of Kermitts Roadhouse on U.S. 6.

Duke Bradford, owner of Arkansas Valley Adventures, said Snodgrass did the right thing by contacting the 13-year-old Texas girl immediately and not waiting for the county's search and rescue team to assemble ropes, rafts and rescuers.

"When you have someone in sight who has taken a long swim, you need to make contact immediately," said Bradford, a 15-year rafting guide and ski patroller from Summit County. "This is just silly. Ryan Snodgrass acted entirely appropriately. These guys came to the scene late and there was a rescue in progress. They came in and took over an existing rescue. To leave a patient on the side of a river while you get your gear out of the car and set up a rescue system you read about in a book is simply not good policy."

Snodgrass' raft flipped on the runoff-swelled Clear Creek around noon Thursday and the girl swam from the raft. Krueger said the girl was missing for 30 to 45 minutes while Snodgrass searched for her. He said she swam a half mile from the spot where the raft capsized.

Since it had been so long, Krueger said, it was no longer the rafting company's rescue.

"They should involve themselves up to a point. They lost contact. Whether they want to say they were trying to rescue their customer, when they had lost visual contact and had no idea where their customer has been for 30 to 45 minutes, then it becomes our issue."

Bradford said he would expect his guides to do the same thing again. His guides are professionals, he said, trained and certified in swiftwater rescue.

"To jump into water and navigate a river in a swiftwater rescue is common. You get into the river and swim. You have to do it," Branford said. "The fact these guys don't understand that is disturbing. Making contact immediately with your victim is essential. It's not about who is in charge. It's about the safety of a 13-year-old girl. You are going to do everything in your power to insure the safety of your guest, and if that means in Idaho Springs you get arrested, well I guess we'll just get arrested."

Jason Blevins: 303-954-1374 or [email protected]

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15278256

Old June 13th, 2010 #82
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Cops get angry and arrest a citizen because he saves somebody before they can get their Super Dupers lined up.

Raft guide arrested after helping stranded rafter on Clear Creek
By Jason Blevins
The Denver Post

06/11/2010

Clear Creek sheriff's deputies on Thursday arrested a rafting guide for swimming to a stranded young rafter who had tumbled from his boat on Clear Creek.

Ryan Daniel Snodgrass, a 28-year-old guide with Arkansas Valley Adventures rafting company, was charged with "obstructing government operations," said Clear Creek Sheriff Don Krueger.

"He was told not to go in the water, and he jumped in and swam over to the victim and jeopardized the rescue operation," said Krueger, noting that his office was deciding whether to file similar charges against another guide who was at the scene just downstream of Kermitts Roadhouse on U.S. 6.
Translation of Sheriff Krueger's statement: "He was told not to rescue the girl, and he jumped in and rescued the girl, making obvious what spineless, incompetent trash that we in the sheriff's department are. Also, I'm too stupid to realize that pulling this stunt of treating the rescuer as a criminal makes even clearer what a dumbass I am."

Old June 19th, 2010 #83
Joe_J.
Radio active

Default Police: Cop who fired off gun in Dallas squad car too drunk to interview

Quote:
A Dallas police officer is on administrative leave after authorities said she fired off her gun while off-duty in a squad car with at least one on-duty officer. The call came in at around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night, which was when police rushed to the scene at Abrams Road and Gaston Avenue and found three officers at the scene.
Police said the incident happened after Kelly Beemer, an off-duty officer who police said had a few drinks, had gotten into a squad car of an on-duty police officer. Beemer allegedly pulled out her service weapon from her holster and fired the gun into the floorboard. Sources said she was belligerent at the time. Part of the incident was captured on audio tape from a dash cam camera.
"You need to stop this [expletive] now," Beemer can be heard saying on the tape before a gun fires.
"Oh [expletive], Kelly please drop the gun," an officer in the car said. "Kelly, drop the gun."
Prior to the incident, video from the dash cam showed two officers holding a stumbling Beemer up by her arms as they walked her towards the squad car. Throughout the drive, authorities said Beemer cried and acted belligerent, believing she was under arrest.
Sources said the on-duty officer driving the squad car was originally called to the bar where Beemer and other officers had been drinking. Prior to being picked up, Beemer was allegedly offered rides from other officers at the bar, and at one point ran and hid from officers, sources said.
Commanders were called to the scene, but did not arrest Beemer at the time, saying she was too drunk to be interviewed. It wasn't until they viewed the tape that they decided to arrest and charge Beemer.
"We are disappointed in her behavior there," said First Asst. Chief Charles Cato, Dallas Police Department. "I know I receive calls from friends, relatives who had a little too much to drink and needed a ride home, and all the people I've dealt with in that situation were just grateful that someone was willing to come out and pick them up. And so, in Officer Beemer's conduct, that was certainly a discredit to herself and to the people that were trying to help her. She put them in a really bad situation."
No officers were injured in the incident.
Beemer was arrested Thursday and charged with firing a weapon inside the city limits. If convicted, Beemer will lose her peace officer's license. Meanwhile, she has been stripped of her weapon and badge until the investigation is complete. Two other officers are on restrictive duty as police investigate their role in the incident.
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...-96725239.html

Old June 21st, 2010 #84
Ty Grant

It is good to hear good pigs acting in a god pig fashion... In a way then, we know that this behavior of jews is far reaching. Evidently the cop, at the moments when life is at hand got all excited and wanted to make a big spectacle.
The cop wants not to be bothered by the lonely ingrate civilians mulling about and has made the situation into whos dick is bigger. wanted to get all the logistical and operations center all up and running when all the BItch Badge Fag had to do was jump in and save the individual. Many police units are filled with them... It is kind of like were I work. The lonley selfish cop wannabe believes that any and all cop training is good. The idea that laws and cops are for everyone and not for the free range niggers and wet backs because, in their words "Blacks are not bad people I know a black person..." is all the argument leads too. When good dumbed down people make good dumbed down decisions this is exactly what happens. NOTHING.
I have not been able though to find what happened about that Lake Worth FL. Jew who slammed into the 21 year old college grad and tried to flee the scene... it is this behavior why we need cops... Im sorry, Badge Fags...

Old June 25th, 2010 #85
Nick Apleece

Default Non-White NY cop stalks 11 year old girl

A veteran NYPD detective was arrested in Albany for stalking an 11-year-old girl on her way to school and asking her three times if she wanted to make money, police said.

Detective Deodhram Singh, 38, followed the young girl Tuesday in his pickup truck, causing her to grow more frightened eachtime he pulled alongside her and barked out sleazy questions, authorities said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...f_girl_11.html

Old June 28th, 2010 #86
Hayden
Banned

A gun, a badge, a free car/gas and a low salary.........

I can't imagine they are having a hard time finding good people.

That reads like a want ad for criminals.

Old June 29th, 2010 #87
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
A gun, a badge, a free car/gas and a low salary.........

I can't imagine they are having a hard time finding good people.

That reads like a want ad for criminals.
It is, especially when a nigger or a mud is given that kind of a gig. The White ones are bad enough-worse, I think. They really believe all of the "kill em all" stuff and ADL classwork they get. The nigger kwaps stick to stealing and rape.

Old July 19th, 2010 #88
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Thumbs down NH State Police “Drug” Dog Attacks Innocent 13-Year Old

NH State Police “Drug” Dog Attacks Innocent 13-Year Old
July 11, 2010 by Bradley Jardis
Filed under: News, Question
http://freekeene.com/2010/07/11/nh-s...t-13-year-old/

Ahhh the use of dogs in forever failed government “War on Drugs.” It seems that in Concord, NH a state police K9 got loose from it’s handler, ran across the street, viciously attacked another dog, and then viciously attacked the 13-year old girl/owner who was trying to protect her dog from being attacked:

“The girl, attempting to protect her dog, was bitten several times on her left arm and hand. (A NH State Police official) said the incident is under investigation by the department and that State Police have been in touch with the victim’s family.”

Clearly the state police will conduct a full, fair, and evenhanded investigation of themselves. Had this dog attack had been completely reversed in sequence and involved a dog charging the state trooper… I think we’d probably have another dead dog.

An interesting comment by a Union Leader reader:

The only question here is obvious….Why was the officer not in control of the dog?….I guessing that the drug dog broke free of the officers grip on the leash…but that doesn’t relieve the officer of responsibility…
- unwind, NH

Yes, that indeed is correct. The law on this type of thing reads:

466:31 Dogs a Menace, a Nuisance or Vicious

II. Under this section, a dog is considered to be a nuisance, a menace, or vicious to persons or to property under any or all but not limited to the following conditions:

(e) If it growls, snaps at, runs after, or chases any person or persons not on the premises of the owner or keeper;

(g) If, whether alone or in a pack with other dogs, it bites, attacks, or preys on game animals, domestic animals, fowl or human beings.

Since this clearly is a violation of this law… the state trooper will be facing charges, right? Isn’t that only fair considering if it were you or I who lost control of our respective dog and it did what the trooper’s dog did, we’d be facing charges?

With all the “authority” granted to a public official such as this, shouldn’t they be held to a higher standard?
Comments
18 Comments on NH State Police “Drug” Dog Attacks Innocent 13-Year Old

WOODBUTCHER on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 12:11 pm

This Dog needs to be put down TODAY not after a hearing or investigation . This dog is not controllable and has to be removed from the dept imeadiatly and the officer in charge of the dog should be removed from the K-9 unit he is obviuosly not able to handle this type of work.maybe there is another type of work the dept can use him for .If it had been a citizens dog who attacked the cop and his dog then they would insist that it that it be put down abd charges be brought against the owner . The law has to apply to EVERYONE if it does not then it means nothing at all and the people of this town need to take the law into their own hands until such a time that the law will be applied equaly between LEO’s and the public.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 12:20 pm

The law has to apply to EVERYONE if it does not then it means nothing at all and the people of this town need to take the law into their own hands until such a time that the law will be applied equaly between LEO’s and the public.

I completely agree with the above statement. Sadly, it is not how it works.

“Public servants” generally are above the law. They are held to a different standard in that many of the laws that apply to the lowly “citizen” do not apply to them.

No way in hell will this trooper face charges.
Bob on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 1:20 pm

HMMMM………I wonder what would have happened if someone had shot the dog then and there? Just like the police have been doing lately. Without a doubt charges would have been brought against that person just trying to protect an innocent girl.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 1:27 pm

That’s a good question Bob. There would be two conflicting statues at play:

644:8-d Maiming or Causing the Death of or Willful Interference With Police Dogs or Horses. –
I. Whoever willfully tortures, beats, kicks, strikes, mutilates, injures, disables, or otherwise mistreats, or whoever willfully causes the death of a dog or horse owned or employed by or on behalf of a law enforcement agency and whoever knows that such dog or horse is owned or employed by or on behalf of a law enforcement agency shall be guilty of a class B felony.
II. Whoever willfully interferes or attempts to interfere with the lawful performance of a dog or horse owned or employed by or on behalf of a law enforcement agency and whoever knows that such dog or horse is owned or employed by or on behalf of a law enforcement agency shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

And

466:28 Killing Dogs Legalized. – Any person may kill a dog that suddenly assaults the person while such person is peaceably walking or riding without the enclosure of its owner or keeper; and any person may kill a dog that is found out of the enclosure or immediate care of its owner or keeper worrying, wounding, or killing sheep, lambs, fowl, or other domestic animals.

In my semi-expert opinion, no charges would be filed if a police dog was killed in this particular set of circumstances.
Dan on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 1:30 pm

At least in some states, police dogs are sworn and considered “officers.” This allows for extremely harsh penalties to anyone defending themselves against one.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 1:36 pm

At least in some states, police dogs are sworn and considered “officers.” This allows for extremely harsh penalties to anyone defending themselves against one.

A dog sworn to uphold the Constitution’eh? Raise your paw and repeat after me….

Not surprising. The dog’s understanding and knowledge of the Constitution would probably be on par with the person on the other end of the leash.
WOODBUTCHER on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 1:45 pm

Not surprising. The dog’s understanding and knowledge of the Constitution would probably be on par with the person on the other end of the leash

unfortunatly you are right .
& I bet that the dog never got his lunch money stolen from him in obedience school either
Freiheit on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 2:22 pm

I have only one question: Will the 13 year old girl be charged with resisting arrest and obstruction?
kevin on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 2:44 pm

Wishful thinking, I know, but I would expect/hope/pray that the officer be held to the same (not higher) standard as the rest of us. Though the loss of control wasn’t willful or malicious, it certainly was negligent.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 2:50 pm

Though the loss of control wasn’t willful or malicious, it certainly was negligent.

Kevin,

This statue I referenced regarding dogs is a violation level offense… not a crime. As it is only a violation it does not require a “mens rea” or criminal intent.

Like someone who is speeding… the simple fact that the law was broken is sufficient to convict someone of violating it. “Crimes” (more than a civil infraction) require the state prove a “mens rea” …

The four different criminal intents are: purposely, knowingly, recklessly, and negligently.

Some “offenses” (not crimes) require the state to prove a “mens rea.” This is a requirement added by the legislature into the statutory language of the law. A good example is the statue prohibiting someone to allow an improper person to operate a vehicle. The law only being a “violation” does not require the state to prove intent… but the legislature added this into the language of the statue.

Do I make sense?
kevin on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks Brad. That does make sense and my argument above is moot.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 3:07 pm

I don’t think it is moot at all, sir.

I think it enhances the argument that the trooper should face charges.
Bradley Jardis on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 3:10 pm

263:1-a Allowing an Improper Person. – No person shall >>knowingly<< permit a motor vehicle owned or controlled by him to be driven by a person who is not properly licensed or otherwise entitled to drive. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a violation, and if the license or driving privilege of the person allowed to drive is under suspension or revocation, the owner or person in control of the vehicle, notwithstanding title LXII, shall be fined not less than $100.

^^— this is the example I spoke of.

Also, it is worth mentioning that there are a select few crimes that do not require a "mens rea." A good example would be driving under the influence of liquor/drugs.

You don't need to do it with any state of mind…… you just need to do it.
bil on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 3:47 pm

Somehow my earlier post didn’t show up.Oh,well.
I think this is a case of police being given weapons they are not able to operate or control.In severity,I would not compare it to the Oakland case.But there are similarities.If this officer had used his tazer on the girl and her dog without ncause,there would be a major outcry.Rightfully so.If the officer had drawn his pistol and begun firing wildly hitting the girl and her dog,the same.Both cases of wanton disregard for the safety of others.Yet by letting the dog out of the car withoutn proper control can be compared to there actions.He drew his weapon-the dog- and used it without control.What should happen and what will happen are two differant things.The usual outcome: The police protect their own,the police union makes sure the cop gets paid during any suspention,the dog will be sent for ‘re-training’,and the girls family will spend time and money in court.The taxpayers will cover defense costs,and if the girl wins a judgement,taxpayers pay again through the states insurance company.The officer will be reprimanded,and continue on the job,and the girl will spend years wondering what is going to happen whenever she sees a cop car pass,or hears a sudden barking dog.
In many states and municipalities,any action against a police dog is considered assault on an officer.Even if the dog is chewing on your leg and you kick him,you have just kicked a police officer.The definition has been stretched.To stretch it into this instance-if you attack a police dog/officer,it is a crime.What is it if an officer/dog attacks an innocent child,unprovoked?How can you have something be a dog in one instance,and the same thing be a police officer in another? Either it is or it isn’t.Hopefully the girl and her dog weren’t badly hurt,she is a brave girl to protect her dog against a (poorly) trained police dog. —bil
kevin on Sun, 11th Jul 2010 4:46 pm

You raise a great point, Bil. Are K-9s working for police “officers” or “weapons?” Can’t be both.
Sunde on Tue, 13th Jul 2010 3:57 pm

Every year I attend the Tow Association’s Tow Show in Hampton on the beach. State Police K-9 units come out from both Massachusetts and New Hampshire State Police. I always watch the demonstration with the dogs as I have trained my German Shepherd in Shutzhund which is pretty much the same format. Every year I tell my boyfriend that the dogs are too untrained to be doing work already. The dogs I’ve worked next to in Shutzhund have better control and discipline than these officers have. I don’t think they are working the obedience hard enough, and working the bite work too much. Dogs who do not have there handlers orders in mind 100% of the time are not ready to do the work. At the Tow Show in 2009 the NH Officers dog who was 9 months old during, bite work demo,had bit his own handler. His dog still needed a lot of training. I don’t think the dog needs to be put down, he needs more training. The officer doesn’t need charges brought up on him its his partner not his pet, think of the dog as his rookie. The rookie needs to be suspended and retrained. This is not a simple dog/human incident.
Paul on Tue, 13th Jul 2010 6:58 pm

It is a dog, not a person. At the least, the department should make full restitution for all damages. Whether it should be the department paying or the individual cop is up to them.
kevin on Wed, 14th Jul 2010 8:50 pm

Reckless endangerment.

Tell me what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Name (required)

Email Address (required)

Website

Anti-spam math answer: (Required)*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the answer to the math equation shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the equation.
Click to hear an audio file of the anti-spam equation

Speak your mind

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Subscribe without commenting
E-Mail:

Old July 30th, 2010 #89
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Las Vegas Scumbag Cop

http://www.lvrj.com/news/arrest-warr...-99636759.html

Arrest warrant issued for unlicensed process server

By JEFF GERMAN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Joe Bonaventure signed a warrant this morning for the arrest of former police officer Maurice Carroll, an unlicensed process server, on 35 felony charges stemming from a scheme to submit false affidavits in court.

Bonaventure set bail at $105,000, as intelligence detectives looked to take Carroll into custody.

Carroll, 41, who records show was fired from the Las Vegas police department in 2000 after 10 years on the job, is facing 17 counts of perjury, 17 counts of offering false instruments for filing or record and one count of obtaining money under false pretenses.

All of the alleged illegal conduct took place on two days, May 13 and June 13, according to the 12-page criminal complaint.

Detectives are investigating allegations that Carroll's process serving company, On Scene Mediations, submitted false affidavits in justice courts around the valley, potentially disrupting the lives and finances of thousands of civil case defendants.

On Scene Mediations is alleged to have filed affidavits swearing that it served defendants with copies of lawsuits, but in many cases the lawsuits were not served, police said. That resulted in judgments of default against some defendants because they failed to respond to the lawsuits in a timely manner.

The company's clients include widely known payday loan and debt collecting firms.

Court officials said they don't know the scope of the problems On Scene Mediations created for Southern Nevada's courts, but police estimated thousands of cases could be affected. Records show that Carroll's company, which was run out of his North Las Vegas home, was doing about $50,000 in business a month, police said.

Most of the cases involving the alleged fraudulent affidavits are in Las Vegas Justice Court, but detectives also have found cases in the North Las Vegas and Henderson justice courts, police said.

Las Vegas Justices of the Peace Melissa Saragosa and Diana Sullivan, who dealt primarily with civil cases, uncovered the alleged scam.

Contact Jeff German at [email protected] or 702-380-8135 or read more courts coverage at lvlegalnews.com.

Old August 16th, 2010 #90
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Narcs Shoot 95 Year Old Grandmother

I rise in support of this Negress. The scum sucking cops will do the same thing just as quick to a White grandmother. It is a tragedy that the grandmother didn't kill every one of the cops. After the seizure of power, all of the country's cops will be dangling from lampposts.
==========
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/16/...ex.html?hpt=T1

Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9 million
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 16, 2010 6:19 p.m. EDT

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- The city of Atlanta will pay $4.9 million to the family of Kathryn Johnston, a 92-year-old woman killed in a botched November 2006 drug raid, Mayor Kasim Reed's office announced Monday.

Johnston was shot to death by narcotics officers conducting a "no-knock" warrant. Investigators later determined the raid was based on falsified paperwork stating that illegal drugs were present in the home.

The incident prompted a major overhaul of the Atlanta police drug unit, and three former police officers were sentenced to prison terms for a cover-up that ensued.
Johnston's family will receive $2.9 million sometime in fiscal 2011, the city said, with the remaining $2 million to be paid in fiscal 2012, on or before August 15, 2011.

The payment represents the settlement of a lawsuit filed against the city by Sarah Dozier, Johnston's niece, Reed's office said in a statement. Initially filed in state court, the suit was moved to federal court, where a judge ordered the parties to mediation.

As the search warrant was being executed November 21, 2006, at Johnston's home, she fired at officers with an old pistol, apparently believing her home was being broken into. Six officers returned fire. Johnston's one shot went through her front door and over the officers' heads. They responded with 39 shots, hitting the elderly woman five times.

"The resolution of this case is an important step in the healing process for the city and its residents," Reed said in the statement. "As a result of the incident, several police officers were indicted in federal and state court on charges and were later convicted and sentenced for their actions. In addition, the narcotics unit of the Atlanta Police Department was completely reorganized, which included changes in policy and personnel."

Last year, former officer Jason Smith was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison, while former officers Greg Junnier and Arthur Tesler were sentenced to six and five years, respectively.

All three men pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to violate civil rights resulting in death. Smith and Junnier also pleaded guilty to state charges of voluntary manslaughter and making false statements, and Smith admitted to planting bags of marijuana in Johnston's home after her death.

U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes ordered the three to split Johnston's funeral costs of $8,180, and to serve three years of supervised release after they complete their prison terms.
"I pray daily for Ms. Johnston," Smith said at the sentencing hearing, according to CNN affiliate WXIA-TV. "I also pray other officers in Atlanta will have the moral fortitude I didn't have."

Tesler was convicted on one state count of making false statements after filling out an affidavit saying that an informant had purchased crack cocaine at Johnston's home, in a crime-plagued neighborhood near downtown Atlanta.

The informant, however, denied ever having been to Johnston's home, leading to probes by federal and state authorities as well as the breakup and reorganization of the narcotics unit.
Tesler's state conviction was reversed on appeal. According to their plea agreements, Junnier and Smith will serve their state sentences concurrently with the federal sentence.

Shortly after the probe began, Junnier began cooperating with authorities, providing "valuable assistance in the investigation and prosecution of Smith and Tesler," according to a statement issued last year by federal prosecutors. Smith also cooperated to a lesser extent, and both men's sentences were reduced in exchange for their cooperation.

Prosecutors have said that officers regularly presented false information to obtain warrants and that they cut corners to make more time for lucrative side jobs providing additional security to businesses, often while on duty, and receiving cash payments.

The investigation into the botched raid also led to guilty pleas from the police sergeant in charge of the narcotics unit and another officer who admitted to extortion, authorities said.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	negress.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	6796  

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; August 16th, 2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: article clean up

Old October 11th, 2010 #91
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Anchor Baby Cop Steals Cash at Wedding

Here is a typical anchor baby for you. Stealing from his employer when he is also a cop.
========
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_16309793

Working off-duty, cop accused of stealing wedding couple's cash

By Maggie Ybarra / El Paso Times
Posted: 10/11/2010 10:58:39 AM MDT

An El Paso police officer of 18 years has been arrested on suspicion of robbing people while working off-duty security at a wedding reception. Alberto Madrid, 42, was arrested about 10:30 a.m. Sunday, according to jail records.

Police accused Madrid of stealing a gift box with money in it and then trying to flee in a vehicle when people at the reception attempted to confront him. Madrid is suspected of taking the gift box between 11 p.m. and midnight on Saturday, police said.

One man was injured by Madrid while he tried to flee, police said. That man was thrown from the hood of the vehicle Madrid was driving after he jumped on to it to avoid being run over, police said.

The man was treated at a hospital, but was not seriously injured, police said.
Madrid was booked into the El Paso County Jail on a $5,000 bond where he remains, according to county jail records.

Criminal and administrative investigations are under way, police said.
Detective Mike Baranyay, a police spokesman, said police took Madrid's credentials and badge on Sunday but Madrid has not been put on administrative leave. "At this point he's still in jail so they haven't been able to formally put him on administrative leave or terminate him," Baranyay said. Madrid was working as an off-duty officer at the time of the suspected theft, Baranyay said.

Old November 26th, 2010 #92
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
LIBERTY BOROUGH (KDKA) -The 4-year-old son of a local police officer died after shooting himself with his father’s gun Friday.
The incident happened in Port Vue on F Street around noon. Police said Gavin Thompson, 4, was playing with his father’s police issued weapon and accidentally shot himself in the face.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/...berty-borough/

Old November 26th, 2010 #93
Joe_J.
Radio active

Default Corrupt LAPD spic officer

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles police officer resigned after being accused of using a law enforcement database to find witnesses in the trial of a gang member whose sister he was dating.

Officer Gabriel Morales, 25, resigned on Sept. 2, the same day that investigators from Internal Affairs searched his house and found computer printouts with information on two witnesses in the murder trial of Matthew Turner, according to court records obtained by the Los Angeles Times.

Turner, 18, had been convicted in August of killing a man in a drive-by shooting in Highland Park, and records said that two days later investigators listening in on a phone call heard his father Wayne Turner say Morales was going to seek information on the witnesses.

"I have Gabriel running their names," Wayne Turner said, according to a transcript of the Aug. 8 call.

"He supposed to bring me their names today, where their locations at, so we can get a hold of them."

The same day, according to the documents, Morales accessed the police database, which includes people's personal information including home addresses.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,703954.story

Old November 26th, 2010 #94
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Santa Fe County Sheriff Greg Solano sent out a public statement Wednesday admitting to behavior he refers to as “wrong, illegal, unethical and dishonest.”

Solano admits to taking items from the sheriff’s office and selling them online.

According to the statement, Solano began taking old protective body vests turned in by officers to sell online after he read an article about families of soldiers buying these vests online to send to their loved ones oversees.

In addition to vests Solano says he took other items to sell online such as cell phones, flashlights, police belts and holsters.

Solano goes on to perhaps defend his actions by explaining that he was caught up “like many Americans” in a high mortgage rate with high interest rates and general economic strife.

New Mexico State Police spokesperson, Eric Garcia, tells KOB Eyewitness News 4 that investigators have been looking into allegations of embezzlement by Solano for several months now.

According to Solano’s statement, he turned himself in to state police Monday, however Garcia tells KOB that the department caught Solano after looking into his E-bay account. Apparently the sheriff made thousands of dollars selling department items.

Solano claims to have turned over all evidence to state police and promised to fully cooperate with investigators.
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500

Old December 10th, 2010 #95
Joe_J.
Radio active

[Nigger kills two White police officers. Nigger homicide detective (lol) screws up investigation with plagiarism in reports resulting in lesser sentence for the nigger perp.]

Affirmative action detective

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police have suspended without pay a detective who they say botched paperwork three years ago during the investigation into the murders of two Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers.
The Demeatrius Montgomery trial ended with a guilty verdict in October. Montgomery received two life sentences for killing police officers Sean Clark and Jeff Shelton in 2007.
Montgomery, however, could have gotten the death penalty, but it was removed by Judge Forrest Bridges after Arvin K. Fant, a homicide detective with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, admitted to plagiarizing part of his statement.
On Thursday, CMPD said Fant was "...cited for termination and is currently suspended without pay pending a hearing before the Civil Service Board."
During the opening days of the Montgomery trial, Fant's investigation into the murder of the two officers was called into question.
Fant testified in court that his notes from an interview with Montgomery were destroyed, but later in court, it was revealed that Fant's papers were missing and later turned up.
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13645202

Last edited by Joe_J.; December 10th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Old February 26th, 2011 #97
8Man
"moderate" radical

Default Cop with new mistress robs bank where he worked

Stupid cop with expensive new mistress robs bank where he worked part-time as security guard when off-duty. Not surprisingly he wasn't that hard to identify. His local cop buddies couldn't bring themselves to arrest him, so they had to call in the FBI to do it.

see: FBI arrests veteran police officer in bank robbery

Old March 4th, 2012 #98
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Arkansas Constable Gets His Due

This is a rare example of a cop getting what he deserved. Gettting a misdemeanor for no handgun permit beats being dead. The constable did indeed commit a crime, assault with a deadly weapon. That justified use of deadly force by the victim.

Quote:
http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/...able-justified

Prosecutor: Shooting of Ark. constable justified

By Associated Press
Associated Press
Posted Mar 02, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

PINE BLUFF, Ark. —

A man accused in the January shooting death of a Jefferson County constable won't face felony charges after investigators determined that the shooting was justified, a prosecutor said Thursday. Prosecutor Kyle Hunter said Constable Tommy Holcomb pulled his weapon first when he was shot by Edward Blundell, 29, in the parking lot of a gas station. Hunter said in a news release that after an exhaustive investigation, "I have concluded that Edward Blundell was justified in his action under Arkansas law in that he was reasonable in believing that deadly force was about to be used against him."

Authorities said a car driven by Blundell's wife nearly collided with Holcomb's car in the parking lot of a gas station, and the men got into an argument. Hunter said Holcomb drew his weapon first and Blundell shot him. Holcomb also fired at Blundell, but the bullet did not penetrate Blundell's chest. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://is.gd/W5Zzpi ) Blundell will face a misdemeanor charge for not having a gun permit. Hunter said Holcomb did not commit any crimes but that he should have shown his constable badge when he pulled his weapon.

Holcomb's brother, Jefferson County Judge Mike Holcomb, said Thursday that he didn't want to comment on the prosecutor's findings and instead focused on his family's loss. "It was a horrible thing that happened to our family," he said. "We are just hurting. That's about all I want to say."

Hunter called Holcomb's death a tragedy. "It is a horrible loss," Hunter said. "Not only to his family, but to the entire community. We in law enforcement are thankful for his many years of service."

Copyright 2012 Stuttgart Daily Leader. Some rights reserved

Old May 15th, 2012 #99
Alex Linder
Administrator

Officer Larry Bates: The Face of Highway Robbery in Tennessee
Posted by William Grigg on May 14, 2012 08:31 PM

Officer Larry Bates: Highway robber, impenitent perjurer

In the State of Tennessee, highway robbery in the name of "asset forfeiture" is commonplace — and Monterey PD Officer Larry Bates, who stole $22,000 from New Jersey businessman George Raby, is the embodiment of this unfathomably corrupt practice.

Reby, an insurance adjuster, was stopped for speeding by Bates on Interstate 40. Like too many honest and innocent people, Reby made the mistake of answering questions posed by the armed stranger who materialized at the driver's side door.

Bates asked if Reby was carrying any large amounts of cash.

"I said, `Around $20,000," Reby recalled in a television interview with the Nashville CBS affiliate. "Then, at that point, he said, `Do you mind if I search your vehicle?' I said, `No, I don't mind.' I certainly didn't feel I was doing anything wrong. It was my money."

In fact, the ingenuous businessman actually handed the money to the officer.

What Reby didn't understand is that through the practice of "civil asset forfeiture," every traffic stop is a potential highway robbery — and police everywhere are encouraged to view cash and other valuables as subject to confiscation on the pretext that they are "proceeds" of narcotics trafficking. All that is necessary is for the officer to cobble together what he considers a plausible statement justifying his suspicion — however emancipated from the facts of the case — that the money or valuables is connected to actual or potential narcotics commerce.

Bates didn't arrest Reby. He did, however, steal his money, later insisting that this was proper because the businessman "couldn't prove it was legitimate." In the work of fiction he filed later as an official affidavit, Bates invoked his "training" to justify the seizure, insisting that "common people do not carry this much currency."

"On the street, a thousand-dollar bundle could approximately buy two ounces of cocaine," Bates told a news reporter for Channel 5, as if this crashing non sequitur ended the discussion.

Reby explained — and documented — that he had an active eBay bid on a car. Pressed by the reporter, Bates admitted that Reby had said as much during the traffic stop.

"But you did not include that in your report," the TV reporter pointed out in his interview with Bates.

"If it's not in there, I didn't put it in there," simpered the officer — offering an evasive answer of the sort that comes readily to a practiced liar and thief.

Asked why he hadn't mentioned this germane fact in his report, Bates took refuge in sullen silence before replying: "I don't know."

Bates had told the judge that Reby had hidden the money inside "a tool bag underneath trash to [deter] law enforcement from finding it."

While it is indeed a good idea to conceal your money from armed robbers in government-issued costumes, Reby had done nothing of the kind: "That's inaccurate; I pulled out the bag and gave it to him," he told the reporter.

Making use of access to a computerized database, Bates learned that Reby had been arrested on suspicion of cocaine use twenty years ago, but never convicted. It's quite likely that the same is true of at least some of the people who work alongside Officer Bates.

In Tennessee, forfeiture proceedings are conducted ex parte, which means that the judge only heard the thief's side of the story. Reby didn't learn about the hearing until well after the fact — and if he hadn't gone to the media, it's likely he would have lost his money permanently. He had to travel back to Tennessee in order to get a check that was reluctantly written by a police department that refused to apologize for robbing him at gunpoint.

Spectacles of this kind are common on Interstate 40 in Tennessee, where officers from two drug task forces prowl the highway in search of cash they can seize through civil asset forfeiture.

Kim Helper, District Attorney for Tennessee's 21st Judicial District, insists that the highway robbery scheme is "a way for us to continue to fund our operations so that we can put an end to drug trafficking and the drug trade within this district." Of course, those two objectives — "continued funding" and "an end to drug trafficking" — are mutually incompatible.

Officers assigned to the task force often ignore actual narcotics shipments, choosing instead to focus almost exclusively on seizing money. This means concentrating on the westbound side of the highway, where the cash is believed to be found, rather than the eastbound lane, which is supposedly used to shuttle drugs in from Mexico.

As Nashville's CBS affiliate reported last year, the salaries paid to the officers involved in this highway robbery ring are paid directly out of the cash and other assets seized by them; this means that police often find themselves competing to stop and shake down the same cars, sometimes nearly coming to blows in the process.

Larry Bates is an appropriate poster child for the Highway Robbers in uniform who haunt Interstate 40.

(Originally posted here.)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ml#more-112098

Old May 15th, 2012 #100
Alex Linder
Administrator

God, that cop just has that fucking look that makes the rest of the world look at Tennessee and just shake its head.

Thread