VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old August 28th, 2012 #1
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Default Kalispell man run over by two female teen drivers while faking Bigfoot sighting.

You just can't make this stuff up....

Quote:
Man killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting

KALISPELL, Mont. (AP) — A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake (http://bit.ly/PWJvA5) on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV (http://bit.ly/PkdWMO ).

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-killed-whi...011359520.html

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; August 28th, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

Old August 28th, 2012 #2
Sam Fisher
Banned

RIP Mjodr

Old August 28th, 2012 #3
The Bobster
Banned

Quote:
Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV .
Another Darwin Award winner.

Old August 28th, 2012 #4
Hayden
Banned

Where was his spotter?

Old August 28th, 2012 #5
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Fisher View Post
RIP Mjodr

OMF! I said the same thing to my wife when she got up this morning.

I helped make one of those things. Their are fucking miserable to hand make.

Old August 28th, 2012 #6
Steven L. Akins
Banned

I'm just waiting for one of the resident tin-foilers to pipe up with the latest conspiracy theory and claim that he was killed by psyops or some other government agency.

Old August 28th, 2012 #7
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Default April Gaede's Daughters Mistake Mjodr for Big Foot and Run Him Over.

The irony and hillarity are just too much to take. I wish the thread title could be changed to: April Gaede's Daughters Mistake Mjodr for Big Foot and Run Him Over.

Sorry, but that's just funny as hell.

Old August 28th, 2012 #8
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Better Headline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
The irony and hillarity are just too much to take. I wish the thread title could be changed to: April Gaede's Daughters Mistake Mjodr for Big Foot and Run Him Over.

Try this one on for size.

Quote:
Nazi Twins Suspected in Racist Killing of Bigfoot

Old August 28th, 2012 #9
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Try this one on for size.

Nazi Twins Suspected in Racist Killing of Bigfoot
Sounds like an AP headline from the MSM!

Last edited by Mr A.Anderson; August 28th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Old August 28th, 2012 #10
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Sas-squashed, as it were.

Old August 28th, 2012 #11
Sam Fisher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Sas-squashed, as it were.
Aha! I knew the British SAS were in on this! Damn black ops. What's the world coming to when women can't swim under docks, thrust themselves into fast-flowing rivers, and now a man can't dress as an oversized manbearpig without being offed by TPTB

Old August 28th, 2012 #12
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
aha! I knew the british sas were in on this! Damn black ops. What's the world coming to when women can't swim under docks, thrust themselves into fast-flowing rivers, and now a man can't dress as an oversized manbearpig without being offed by tptb
ahhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahah!

Old August 28th, 2012 #13
keifer

Quote:
OMF! I said the same thing to my wife when she got up this morning.

I helped make one of those things. Their are fucking miserable to hand make.
I never tried one, but it seems like where a person would gain visual concealment with those things, they would fail badly with noise concealment when every time that person moves the suit would snag on everything breaking twigs, dragging leaves and what not.

Old August 28th, 2012 #14
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
I never tried one, but it seems like where a person would gain visual concealment with those things, they would fail badly with noise concealment when every time that person moves the suit would snag on everything breaking twigs, dragging leaves and what not.
Not really, believe it or not. Most ghillies that are hand made (US Army Spec Ops) use individual string fibers or small solid strips of fabric. They won't catch on anything. The movement rate of an actual sniper is INCREDIBLY slow, along the lines of a few inches to a foot a minute. The most difficult part of being a Spec Ops sniper is not the shooting, it's the concealment, movement, and sheer amount of patience and endurance.

The aftermarket suits you see (and that I admittedly pictured) use strips of fabric, to include some that look like netted material. They "look cool", but are not as functional as the real deal.

Old August 28th, 2012 #15
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Not really, believe it or not. Most ghillies that are hand made (US Army Spec Ops) use individual string fibers or small solid strips of fabric. They won't catch on anything. The movement rate of an actual sniper is INCREDIBLY slow, along the lines of a few inches to a foot a minute. The most difficult part of being a Spec Ops sniper is not the shooting, it's the concealment, movement, and sheer amount of patience and endurance.

The aftermarket suits you see (and that I admittedly pictured) use strips of fabric, to include some that look like netted material. They "look cool", but are not as functional as the real deal.
Ghillie suits are a Scottish invention, having been developed and named for the ghillies (servants) who accompanied hunters on deerstalking and game hunting expeditions. They were introduced into the military during the second Boer War by the Lovat Scouts, a Scottish military regiment who went on to become a sniper unit in the British military.

Old August 28th, 2012 #16
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Ghillie suits are a Scottish invention, having been developed and named for the ghillies (servants) who accompanied hunters on deerstalking and game hunting expeditions. They were introduced into the military during the second Boer War by the Lovat Scouts, a Scottish military regiment who went on to become a sniper unit in the British military.
I DID not know that.

Old August 28th, 2012 #17
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
I DID not know that.
The idea of "Bigfoot" may have been brought over to America by colonists from the British Isles and Europe, where harry wild men known as Woodwoses were thought to inhabit the forests during the Middle Ages:

Old August 28th, 2012 #18
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile History of Bigfoot

While there indeed have been many hoaxes on Bigfoot, I have an open mind on the subject. Tales of the Yeti in Nepal are similar. Check out http://www.bigfootencounters.com , but specifically http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/classics.htm . This seems to be a scholarly website.

Old August 28th, 2012 #19
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
While there indeed have been many hoaxes on Bigfoot, I have an open mind on the subject. Tales of the Yeti in Nepal are similar. Check out http://www.bigfootencounters.com , but specifically http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/classics.htm . This seems to be a scholarly website.
Something very like a Bigfoot or Woodwose was described in Konungs skuggsjá (Speculum Regale or "the King's Mirror"), written in Norway around 1250:

Quote:
"It once happened in that country (and this seems indeed strange) that a living creature was caught in the forest as to which no one could say definitely whether it was a man or some other animal; for no one could get a word from it or be sure that it understood human speech. It had the human shape, however, in every detail, both as to hands and face and feet; but the entire body was covered with hair as the beasts are, and down the back it had a long coarse mane like that of a horse, which fell to both sides and trailed along the ground when the creature stooped in walking."

Old August 28th, 2012 #20
Frank Inrajb.

Quote:

ROFL, this thread is priceless.

Also, what a goddamn moron. "Hmm, I think that dressing up in camouflage and standing on the highway will be a GOOD plan".

Which makes me think... where is Dresden?

Thread