Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Traci Gets New Headache

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Murder-for-...102465234.html

Murder for hire plot takes another complicated turn

by KREM.com
NWCN.com
Posted on September 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A murder for hire plot in North Idaho became more complicated on Tuesday. The suspected hit man is now taking a plea deal.
Court documents show Larry Fairfax was also an FBI informant on the case. He spent the afternoon in court. It was suppose to be relatively simple. Larry Fairfax takes a plea deal, admits he put pipe bombs under Edgar Steele and his wife’s cars and helps the prosecution. But then, this complicated case became even more complicated.

First of all, Fairfax’s plea agreement hearing is being continued until Thursday. The judge said he was concerned about some of the wording in the agreement, and whether it matches with what actually happened. But that’s only a hiccup compared to the strange filings earlier Tuesday morning.
Cyndi Steele and her mother, the two victims in the murder for hire case, have filed affidavits saying their civil rights have been violated. Those affidavits are still sealed, but discussion in open court suggests the women allege the prosecutors are not allowing them to be in court.

U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan and Fairfax’s attorney John Miller called the documents just speculation. Whelan even questions if the women wrote the affidavit in the first place. She says Cyndi Steele has said clearly she wants nothing to do with the U.S. Government or its prosecution.
Fairfax is pleading guilty to two counts, one for having an unregistered firearm, and one for making a firearm. He could face up to 20 years in prison, though his cooperation is expected to cut his sentence considerably.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1182
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan and Fairfax’s attorney John Miller called the documents just speculation. Whelan even questions if the women wrote the affidavit in the first place. She says Cyndi Steele has said clearly she wants nothing to do with the U.S. Government or its prosecution.
Well, DUH!
It most likely was written up by her attorney.
The proper wording of an affidavit citing applicable law is one of the myriad reasons a layman would engage a professional lawyer.
Nothing neferious about that.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1183
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Soon the MSM will be referring to Cyndi Steele as the "woman with ties to White supremacist organization".

Don't be surprised if she is caught hiring Fairfax's wife to sneak a loaf of bread, with a file baked inside, to Edgar so he can escape from prison.

Cyndi now has no hope getting a book deal like Kevin Alfred Strom's first wife. The book is ranked at 2,267,441 at Amazon. Maybe people just aren't interested in reading about the horrors of listening Mozart.
The Bondage of Self The Bondage of Self

And of course Cyndi will not be hooking-up with "law" "enforcement" officers who were setting her husband up like Strom's second wife.

Last edited by Tintin; September 12th, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1184
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Well, DUH!
It most likely was written up by her attorney.
The proper wording of an affidavit citing applicable law is one of the myriad reasons a layman would engage a professional lawyer.
Nothing neferious about that.
An affidavit doesn't cite law. It's only purpose is to provide testimony under oath by an affiant as to what he or she saw in relation to a given event. An affidavit can support a motion with the latter document citing any applicable law or rules that would be applicable to a given controversy. An affidavit concerns itself with factual observations of an affiant.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1185
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
An affidavit doesn't cite law. It's only purpose is to provide testimony under oath by an affiant as to what he or she saw in relation to a given event. An affidavit can support a motion with the latter document citing any applicable law or rules that would be applicable to a given controversy. An affidavit concerns itself with factual observations of an affiant.
My point is that the affidavit in question was undoubtedly not written by Mrs. Steele who I presume to have little if any formal legal training and instead was written up in the first person for her signature by her lawyer couching the document in proper law French.
Happens every day that's what lawyers are for.
It's ridiculous for the US Attorney to be making a BFD about it.
Quote:
The rights I am asserting are specified in 18 USC 1512 pursuant to the Congressional findings and purposes, and the law requires that these rights shall be accorded to me before a plea agreement is entered into between the U.S. Government and Larry Fairfax, including:

a. The right to be informed of my role as a victim of the crimes of Larry Fairfax as his case moves through the criminal justice process because the policy established by Congress is that the U.S. Department of Justice shall protect crime victims and enhance the role of crime victims in the criminal justice process and to “ensure that the Federal Government does all that is possible within limits of available resources to assist victims and witnesses of crime without infringing on the constitutional rights of the defendant.”

b. I have the right to be consulted by the “Attorney for the Government” in order to obtain my views about the disposition of the case against Larry Fairfax before a plea bargain is agreed upon, including my views concerning:

i) a dismissal of all, or a portion of the case;

ii) the release, or potential for release, of Larry Fairfax from custody;

iii) plea negotiations and other options available in this case; and

iv) the binding effect that a plea to lesser charges that would allow for his earlier release when the defendant has admitted committing more serious crimes (such as, where Fairfax admitted that he manufactured an explosive device to be used in connection with a crime of violence and attached the same to the underside of my vehicle, then traveled interstate, from Idaho to Oregon with an unnamed accomplice to confirm that said device was in still in place).

c. The right, as a victim or witness, to be advised as to the protection available from the U.S. Government to protect me and my family from harm and/or intimidation that may be inflicted as a result of the criminal conduct of Larry Fairfax and one or more of his unnamed accomplices who are still at large, as follows:

i) To obtain the identity and whereabouts of such unnamed accomplices;

ii) To know whether such unnamed accomplices are still at large or have been incarcerated;

iii) To learn the types of threat such unnamed accomplices have made in the past that would cause the FBI to inform me that these unnamed accomplices who are still at large and want to harm me and my family;

iv) To learn the type of harm these unnamed accomplices could cause to me and my family;

v) To learn the type of government services available to me and my family to guarantee our protection from the dangers presented by these unnamed accomplices; and

vi) The methods by which I should protect myself and my family from these dangers.

d. The right to be notified of the proceedings against and the possible punishments of Larry Fairfax, including the right to be informed in advance of any proposed plea of guilty, possible sentence, details as to incarceration, potential release date, parole options and the actual release date when it becomes known;

e. The right to be informed as to the effect of a plea bargain on other more serious offenses which have not been charged;

f. The right to protection as a victim/witness from harassment, intimidation and harm from Larry Fairfax and/or his unnamed accomplices;

g. The right to be notified as to any scheduling changes in the criminal process.

h. The right to have my property, stolen by Larry Fairfax, promptly returned to me.

i. The right to have the U.S. Government contact my creditors, when I am under serious financial strain, and communicate to them the reasons related to this case for such financial strain.

None of the rights described in paragraph 6 above have been honored by the U.S. Attorney General or the U.S. Department of Justice or its law enforcement agencies as required by law, with the exception of a single letter dated August 24, 2010 stating that the government has already entered into a plea agreement (without my input) with Larry Fairfax and that such
agreement will to be presented to the Court on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.

The government’s letter of August 24, 2010 states that I may call the Assistant U.S. Attorney in charge of this case, Ms. Traci Whelan, and obtain more information.
I seriously doubt that that is Cyndi Steele's normal and natural writing style.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1186
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
With the generous help of a forum member with Optical Character Recognition, here is the complete text of Cyndi's affidavit. If you see any errors, leave me a visitor message on my page.

How about Cyndi's mother's affidavit?

In it, she makes references to her deteriorating health, which was the reason that Cyndi was visiting her mother in the first place.

So what could have possibly been Steele's motive to have his mother-in-law killed if her health was deteriorating?

And the fact that the mother-in-law submitted the affidavit demonstrates there was unlikely a history of conflict between her and Steele.

Old September 12th, 2010 #1187
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Cyndi's Mother's Affidavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post

In it, she makes references to her deteriorating health, which was the reason that Cyndi was visiting her mother in the first place.

So what could have possibly been Steele's motive to have his mother-in-law killed if her health was deteriorating?

And the fact that the mother-in-law submitted the affidavit demonstrates there was unlikely a history of conflict between her and Steele.
Let me see what I can do. My assistant is recovering her strength from her last efforts.

Old September 13th, 2010 #1188
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Cyndi Has Been Interviewed by CDA Press

This link was posted before by Antiochus Epiphanes but the article should have been posted in full. Her lawyer is also named. This is the first time that Cyndi Steele has agreed to an interview by the Judenpresse.
========
http://cdapress.com/news/local_news/...0f74f22a1.html

Alleged hitman doesn't plead

Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:00 am | Updated: 2:50 pm, Mon Sep 13, 2010.
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer | 1 comment

COEUR d'ALENE - Sagle resident Larry Fairfax on Tuesday didn't plead guilty to firearms charges in U.S. District Court here, though that's exactly what he was scheduled to do after he signed a plea agreement last month.
Fairfax, 49, was to plead guilty to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm, and one count of making a firearm in violation of the National Firearms Act. Fairfax was allegedly hired by prominent North Idaho attorney Edgar J. Steele to kill Steele's wife Cyndi Steele. Steele, 65, has been charged with murder-for-hire and has pleaded not guilty.

The firearm in Fairfax's case was a large metal pipe bomb, which was found under Cyndi Steele's vehicle during an oil change in June. Court documents and testimony in the case allege that Fairfax placed the pipe bomb under her vehicle as part of the murder for hire plot.

Fairfax, who appeared before U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill, didn't acknowledge the pipe bomb placed beneath the vehicle could have gone off. And that's why the plea deal wasn't completed Tuesday.
Fairfax told the court the pipe bomb wouldn't have exploded without an ignition source.

Fairfax, wearing yellow prison garb from Bonner County jail and sporting a new beard, said the fuse was broken at multiple points and tape would have stopped a burning fuse from reaching the explosive powder inside the metal pipe.

Fairfax, though, did admit to manufacturing the bomb and attaching it to her vehicle. That wasn't good enough for Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci J. Whelan, who expected him as part of the agreement to admit in open court that the bomb could have exploded while it was in place. Fairfax didn't do that.

Cyndi Steele, 54, signed a "victim's objection to proceeding with the plea agreement," which was filed in court Tuesday and sealed.
A copy of the affidavit from Cyndi Steele was given to the Coeur d'Alene Press and Bonner County Daily Bee. The authenticity was confirmed by her attorney, Wesley W. Hoyt, in Grangeville, Idaho.

Cyndi Steele also confirmed the authenticity Tuesday night. A similar affidavit was filed by her mother, Jacquanette Kunzman, of Oregon City, Ore. Federal prosecutors say Edgar Steele also wanted her killed. "I don't understand why he (Fairfax) is getting a plea agreement," Cyndi Steele said in an interview. "He is getting off softly." She said Fairfax should have been charged with something more serious.

The copy of the 16-page affidavit provided to the newspapers said: "In preparing and filing this objection, I make no statements regarding the pending charges against my loving husband, Edgar Steele, and the allegations against him, because my interest here is focused on the safety of my family from the threat posed by Larry Fairfax and his accomplices who are, to my knowledge, still at large at the time of making this affidavit."

In the document, she said a plea agreement would make finding those accomplices more difficult. In the interview she said she was told by the FBI that multiple people were coming after her. Also, she said she stands by her husband and believes he's innocent.

Whelan said Cyndi Steele will not talk with the government.
"She doesn't wish to be bothered by us," Whelan told the court Tuesday.
Cyndi Steele said that's not true.

Tuesday's change of plea hearing for Fairfax was continued to Thursday morning. In testimony during a detention hearing for Fairfax in June, it was revealed that Fairfax was the alleged hitman, and that he had cooperated as an informant who told authorities about Edgar Steele's alleged murder-for-hire plot. Testimony revealed that Fairfax wore a hidden recording device in meetings with Steele.

The 14-page plea agreement document says that if the case against Fairfax proceeded to trial, prosecutors and Fairfax agree he would be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Fairfax and his defense attorney, John Miller, signed the plea agreement.

Steele will be tried in November. Steele was arrested June 11, and was indicted by a grand jury on June 15.

Old September 14th, 2010 #1190
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

FBI-Fairfax Steele setup conspiracy agreement document

Quote:
page 3

Fairfax made the destructive devises at his own home, brought them to Steel's home and affixed them to the cars?
How did Fairfax obtain the skills need to build large pipe bombs?
Does Fairfax have a history of building pipe bombs?
Is Fairfax able fit under and car?
If not, who really attached the pipe bombs to the cars?
Is there any indication a pipe bombs was every attached to Edgar's car?
There should have been some disturbance of the dirt where the pipe bomb had been attached.
The pipe bomb was attached to the cars on May 27. When was the pipe attached to Edgar's car removed?
Did Edgar drive drive his car during this period of time?
Would somebody drive their car if they knew a pipe bomb was attached to it?

Quote:
page 4

The device did not explode and Steele demanded and explanation from Fairfax as to why the plan did not work. Fairfax drove to Oregon on May 31, 2010, to check whether the destructive device was still on Steele's wife's car. Another individual went with Fairfax to check the car and did not see the destructive device. Based upon this observation, Fairfax believed the it had fallen off and he returned to Idaho. At Edgar Steele's demand, Fairfax removed the destructive from Steele's vehicle and dismantled it.
Why did Fairfax need to go to Oregon to determine why the pipe bomb did not detonated?
Fairfax claimed that the pipe bomb was designed not to detonate so he would have know why.
Why did Fairfax need an accomplice to check for a pipe bomb that was constructed not to detonate?
Did Fairfax check for the pipe bomb or did the accomplice?
Could the accomplice fit under the car?
How was Steele going to detonate the pipe bomb under his car?

If, as it is claimed, Steele wanted to have his mother-in-law killed, why would the pipe bomb have been attached to Cyndi's car in Idaho before her trip to Oregon? If the pipe bomb had detonated on the trip to Oregon Steele's mother-in-law would not have been in the car.

Why doe's anybody believe what Fairfax is claiming?
Isn't it jus as likely that Fairfax drove to Oregon and attached the pipe bomb there?

Fairfax should be compelled to testify as to how he obtained the expertise to build large pipe bombs. This is something that he is not very likely going to be able or willing to explain. It would seem that then it could be claimed the real pipe bomb builder is still on the loose and that Cyndi's life is still in danger and the FBI has not done its job. Therefore creating more then enough reasonable.

Old September 14th, 2010 #1191
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Cyndi's Mother's Affidavit Posted

Quote:

This post was made possible by the generous help of another forum member with Optical Character Recognition. If you see any errors in it, leave me a visitor message on my page.

The following by Mrs Kunzman is the most damaging statement to the government's case:

Quote:
I make no statements regarding the pending charges against my son-in-law, Edgar Steele, who has provided me with so much care and support in the past few years as my health has been failing, and has saved me from a foreclosure on my home.
=========
VICTIMS OBJECTION TO PROCEEDING WITH PLEA AGREEMENT

Received 09:43 September 7, 2010

ELIZABETH A. SMITH
CLERK, DISTRICT of IDAHO

SEP 7, 2010 IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF IDAHO

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff,
v.
LARRY FAIRFAX, Defendant.

Case No. CR-10-183-BLW

AFFIDAVIT OF JACQUANETTE KUNZMAN

STATE OF OREGON

COUNTY OF CLACKAMAS

The undersigned, Jacquanette Kunzman, upon oath, deposes and states, as follows:

1.My name is Jacquanette Kunzman. I reside at 18273 So. Laurisa Lane, Oregon City, OR 97045.

2.I am over the age of 18 years, competent to testify and make this Affidavit based on my own personal knowledge.

3.I am lodging this objection to the proposed plea agreement with Defendant, Larry Fairfax because I was not consulted as to its contents and effect as required by Congress and because FBI agents, as representatives of the U.S. Department of Justice, have stated to me that there are accomplices of Fairfax who are at large that have not been charged or arrested and who desire to kill me and members of my family; and it is my concern as a victim that by giving up the leverage presented by this pending case when entering into the proposed plea bargain, without apprehending the Fairfax accomplices, may reduce the government's ability to locate and incarcerate these accomplices who present a clear and present danger to me and my family
according to the FBI.

4.I am presenting this Objection as a victim of the crimes committed by Defendant, Larry Fairfax and his accomplices who are still at large, As a victim of the defendant's crimes, I am vested with the legal due process rights of a victim of a crime, especially with respect to the proposed plea agreement to be presented to this Court between the U.S. Government and the accused; especially so that I might have input as to this plea bargain as contemplated by Congress.

5.In preparing and filing this Objection, I make no statements regarding the pending charges against my son-in-law, Edgar Steele, who has provided me with so much care and support in the past few years as my health has been failing, and has saved me from a foreclosure on my home. This Affidavit is not about him, rather it is focused on the safety of my family from the threat posed by Larry Fairfax and his accomplices who are, to my knowledge, still at large at the time of making this Affidavit.

6.The rights I am asserting are specified in 18 USC 1512 pursuant to the Congressional findings and purposes, and the law requires that these rights shall be accorded to me before a plea agreement is entered into between the. U.S. Government and Larry Fairfax, including:

a.The right to be informed of my role as a victim of the crimes of Larry Fairfax as his case moves through the criminal justice process because the policy established by Congress is that the U.S. Department of Justice shall protect crime victims and enhance the role of crime victims in the criminal justice process and to "ensure that the Federal Government does all that is possible within limits of available resources to assist victims and witnesses of crime without infringing on the constitutional rights of the defendant."

b.I have the right to.be consulted by the "Attorney for the Government" in order to obtain my views about the disposition of

the case against Larry Fairfax before a plea bargain is agreed upon, including my views concerning:

i)a dismissal of all, or a portion of the case;

ii)the release, or potential for release, of Larry Fairfax from custody;

iii)plea negotiations and other options available in this case; and

iv)the binding effect that a plea to lesser charges that would allow for his earlier release when the defendant has admitted committing more serious crimes (such as, where Fairfax admitted that he manufactured an explosive device to be used in connection with a crime of violence and attached the same to the underside of my vehicle, then traveled interstate, from Idaho to Oregon with an unnamed accomplice to confirm that said device was in still in place).

c. The right, as a victim or witness, to be advised as to the protection available from the U.S. Government to protect me and my family from harm and/or intimidation that may be inflicted as a result of the criminal conduct of Larry Fairfax and one or more of his unnamed accomplices who are still at large, as follows:

i)To obtain the identity and whereabouts of such unnamed accomplices;

ii)To know whether such unnamed accomplices are still at large or have been incarcerated;

iii) To learn the types of threat such unnamed accomplices have made in the past that would cause the FBI to inform me that these unnamed accomplices, who are still at large and want to harm me and my family, are dangerous;

iv) To learn the type of harm these unnamed accomplices could cause to me and my family;

v) To learn the type of government services available to me and my family to guarantee our protection from the dangers presented by these unnamed accomplices; and

vi) The methods by which I should protect myself and my family from these dangers.

d.The right to be notified of the proceedings against and the possible punishments for Larry Fairfax, including the right to be informed in advance of any proposed plea of guilty, possible sentence, details as to incarceration, potential release date, parole options and the actual release date when it becomes known;

e.The right to be informed as to the effect of a plea bargain on other more serious offenses which have not been charged;

f.The right to protection as a victim/witness from harassment, intimidation and harm from Larry Fairfax and/or his unnamed accomplices;

g.The right to be notified as to any scheduling changes in the criminal process.

h.The right to have the U.S. Government contact my creditors, when I am under serious financial strain, and communicate to them the reasons related to this case for such financial strain.

7.None of the rights described in paragraph 6 above have been honored by the U.S. Attorney General or the U.S. Department of Justice or its law enforcement agencies as required by law, with the exception of a single letter dated August 24, 2010 stating that the government has already entered into a plea agreement (without my input) with Larry Fairfax and that such agreement will to be presented to the Court on Tuesday, September 7,2010 at 4:00 p.m.

8.The government's letter of August 24,2010 states that I may call the Assistant U.S. Attorney in charge of this case, Ms Traci Whelan, and obtain more information.

9. On August 26, 2010, immediately upon receipt of this letter, when I was visiting at my daughter's house in Idaho, my daughter called Ms. Whelan and was informed she was out of the office until the time of the hearing and that she would not be able to get back to me. Thus, neither my daughter nor I were consulted before the plea was agreed upon by the government with
the defendant, none of my views as a victim regarding the criminal conduct of Larry Fairfax, his charges, plea and sentence were considered and none of my questions regarding his unnamed accomplices, who are still at large, were answered or even considered by the very officials that Congress intended to consider them; which is a denial of my due process rights as a victim of the Fairfax crimes.

10.I have learned more from news media accounts of said plea agreement than from the U.S. government officials who have the responsibility to provide that information to me.

11.None of the victim's rights I am asserting in this objection would infringe upon the rights of the accused, Larry Fairfax.

12.At or about the time of Larry Fairfax's arrest (my daughter, who also is a victim of the crimes of Larry Fairfax) and I were told by agents of the FBI that there were additional persons at large who were accomplices of Larry Fairfax, who intended to do harm to us or to members of our family. As a result, both my daughter and I have been fearful to come forward and make any statements or do anything that might attract the attention of these unnamed accomplices in order to keep from being harmed by them, based on the statements of these FBI agents who led us to believe that the U.S. Government was working to arrest them and bring them to justice; but, now we believe the Government is not.

13. My daughter and I believe that it is now crucial that we come forward in order to demand enforcement of our rights as victims because we can see that the Government is ignoring the unnamed accomplices of Larry Fairfax whom these FBI agents said existed. Now we realize that a unique opportunity is about to be lost. We believe that the only time that the U.S. Government would have enough leverage against Fairfax to obtain the crucial information as to identity, whereabouts, plans and motives of these unnamed accomplices necessary to apprehend them and to determine their plans to do further harm to my family is before a plea agreement is confirmed by an order of this Court. Obtaining this information would increase our ability to protect ourselves from these unnamed accomplices who are at large. It is apparent to us that once such a plea bargain is approved by the Court, the incentive for Larry Fairfax to disclose needed information regarding these unnamed accomplices and thus, assist my family in protecting itself, would be lost.

14.I object to holding the proceeding to approve the proposed plea agreement on September 7, 2010 at 4:00 p.m. for the following reasons:

a.I have not been consulted by the "Attorney for the Government" as required by law and thus, have not been able to provide my input into the plea agreement and I, as one of the victims, have significant input to provide to the prosecutor in reference to any proposed plea agreement before it is agreed to by the U.S. Government or approved by the Court. Since the
U.S. Government is the entity that is supposed to be protecting my rights as a victim of the crimes of Larry Fairfax, it should be listening to me and answering my questions before it agrees to a plea bargain with him;

b.I am extremely fearful of an attack on me and/or members of my family by the unnamed accomplices of Larry Fairfax whom I believe, based on FBI information, are still at large, and who formed a conspiracy with Fairfax to harm my family. Thus, I believe that the plea agreement is premature since these unnamed accomplices of Larry Fairfax have not been identified, apprehended, indicted or detained; it is my belief that as the system of justice proceeds toward the trial of Larry Fairfax, that the information will be developed as to who these unnamed accomplice are and what other crimes they have committed or are about to commit against me and my family, which information will help protect me and my family from future harm; and

c. Since Larry Fairfax has not been charged with the crime of conspiracy to commit murder or attempted murder and since the FBI knows of the existence of these unnamed accomplices who have been working with Fairfax to murder members of my family, then, before a plea bargain is approved by the Court that will allow Fairfax to be released into the society, he should be charged with criminal conspiracy to commit murder, attempted murder and other appropriate charges, such as manufacture and possession of an explosive device with the intent to commit a crime of violence. Allowing Fairfax to plead guilty to lesser charges regarding the same incident when he has admitted being a part of a conspiracy that has performed multiple affirmative acts toward the commission of such crimes, would be like letting Charles Manson off with a traffic ticket, because double jeopardy will attach and Fairfax cannot later be charged with these horrible crimes. It seems to my family that the U.S. Attorney's office is deliberately ignoring the more serious crimes and is rushing to gain court approval of lesser crimes in order to let Fairfax, the self-admitted criminal, off the hook, when he would receive a harsh prison sentence of 30 years mandatory time on top of other punishments if he was found guilty of the charge of possession of an explosive device to be used in a crime of violence.

15.I object to the U.S. Government proceeding with the proposed plea agreement until my due process rights, as a victim, have been fully and completely honored by those individuals who have been charged by Congress to protect them.

16. The factual basis upon which this objection is made is as follows:

a.In the proposed plea agreement, Fairfax has admitted that he manufactured and attached a pipe bomb to the underside of my daughter's vehicle in late May or early June 2010;

b.On June 15, 2010, my daughter discovered an object attached to the underside of her vehicle that had the appearance of a bomb, during the time that her vehicle was up in the air on a service lift-rack at an oil change garage after the automotive technician pointed it out to her;

c.According to news reports of the plea agreement, by his own admission to the U.S. Government, some time before June 11, 2010, Larry Fairfax, while in the company of at least one of his unnamed accomplices, drove from Northern Idaho to Oregon and inspected (without my daughter's consent or knowledge) the underside of her vehicle looking for the bomb he says he placed there. In an attempt to mitigate his own culpability, he claims that he and his accomplice did not see the bomb under my vehicle at that time and thus, he claims he and his accomplice were convinced that it must have fallen off. A few days later, said device was found under my daughter's vehicle in Idaho at sin oil change garage.

d.Part of the reason I was so fearful on June 15th when the bomb was discovered is that my family members have all received death threats whenever my son-in-law would take political positions on various issues. Death threats occurred quite often when my son-in-law was acting as a First Amendment defense lawyer protecting the individual's right to freedom of speech. These were death threats made against my son-in-law, my daughter and other members of her immediate family (including one death threat made directly to my granddaughter, who at that time was only nine years old). Some of these death threats were made by persons affiliated with the Anti-Defamation League, an organization that has professed a strong dislike for my son-in-law's political positions. When these past death threats were coupled with the apparent bomb under my daughter's vehicle on June 15th, it was as if the threats had become real. I became very fearful and had trouble functioning. Since I have learned that the bomb was placed under my daughter's vehicle by Larry Fairfax, I believed that said bomb had the potential to kill not only me and anyone in my daughter's vehicle, but had it exploded, it could have killed anyone outside my vehicle, such as innocent passersby in a populated area;

e.What made me even more fearful were the statements by the FBI agents who told my daughter and me that Larry Fairfax had unnamed "accomplices" who were "out there" and that they wanted to kill us. These were the same FBI agents who on June 11, 2010 were fully aware that Larry Fairfax had planted a pipe bomb under my daughter's vehicle but did absolutely nothing about it. These were the same FBI agents who came to my house on June 11, 2010 in Oregon where my daughter was visiting and where her vehicle was parked out in front of my house in plain sight. These FBI agents arrived in front of my barn below my house and stayed for two hours unannounced, which makes it appear they were conducting some type of surveillance or waiting for a signal before they approached the house. Then, they notified me and my daughter that my son-in-law had been plotting to kill us according to a confidential informant, which sent us into immediate emotional shock. What was equally shocking is that I later learned that these same FBI agents, who knew about the pipe bomb under my daughter's vehicle, did not warn either me or my daughter that there was a pipe bomb under her vehicle, nor did they say they had reason to suspect that there was a pipe bomb under her vehicle, nor did they make any effort to check to see if there was a pipe bomb under her vehicle nor make any effort to remove the pipe bomb from underneath her vehicle while they were at my house or to impound my daughter's vehicle so that it could be inspected to see if there was a pipe bomb on the undercarriage; in fact, the FBI was absolutely silent about the existence of a pipe bomb or what should have been a reasonable suspicion of a pipe bomb under my daughter's vehicle. My daughter was permitted by these FBI agents to drive some 450 miles back to her home in Idaho without ever being told by them that a pipe bomb was suspected to be underneath her vehicle. It was June 13 when she arrived in Idaho from Oregon, having driven through populated areas and she continued to drive her vehicle through populated areas in Idaho for the next two days, carrying various friends and family members, including my 2 year old great granddaughter, until the 15th day of June.

Finally, she took her vehicle to the above mentioned oil change garage on June 15 where an object or a device that looked like a bomb was discovered. The police were immediately called and a bomb squad took possession of that object or device from underneath her car;

f.Because I have been victimized by the criminal acts of Larry Fairfax when he planted a pipe bomb under my daughter's vehicle and because he has been working with another unnamed person or several other unnamed people as his accomplice(s), (which unnamed accomplices are, or may be, at large), and because of prior death threats against my family, my entire family is extremely fearful of another attempt to murder us.

g.Whether wittingly or unwittingly, I do not know which, but the FBI agents who have been assigned to this case have demonstrated incompetence, gross indifference or been deliberately deceptive with me and my daughter about the dangers, risks and hazards we, as victims, face from Fairfax and his unnamed accomplices and I am fearful that unless new FBI agents, who are not influenced by Larry Fairfax, are assigned to this case, that my daughter and I will have no meaningful protection from such unnamed accomplices who are known to the U.S. Government, but whose names have not yet been revealed to us, who are, or could be, extremely dangerous to my family.

h. In addition, I believe that the Assistant U.S. Attorney, Traci Whelan, by ignoring my rights as listed in paragraph 6 above, and by grossly undercharging Larry Fairfax and failing to empanel a grand jury to indict him, has failed to serve my family as victims of these horrible crimes committed by Fairfax and his unnamed accomplices. I believe that she is guilty of dereliction of her duty in properly prosecuting this case by agreeing to a plea bargain that will allow Fairfax, an admitted co-conspirator who performed overt acts in an attempted murder (which easily could have ended up being a mass murder) plead to relatively minor offenses before the unnamed accomplices of Fairfax (still at large) have been identified, arrested, detained and indicted. We, my family and I, the victims of these crimes, demand that the US Department of Justice replace Traci Whelan as the Assistant U.S. Attorney on the case with someone who is not influenced by Larry Fairfax and who will not
allow his unnamed accomplices to elude prosecution.

17. There is at least one unnamed accomplice who we believe is known to the U.S. government without question, and that is the person described in the proposed plea agreement (as reported in the article by David Cole, in the August 31, 2010 issue of the Bonner Bee). It is reported about said plea agreement as follows:

"Fairfax and another individual, not identified in the documents, drove to Oregon to check whether the pipe bomb was still on her vehicle. They didn't see it and returned to Idaho assuming it had fallen off."

18. That same article states that Larry Fairfax was the "hitman" and that he cooperated with the authorities before the arrest of my son-in-law, Edgar Steele. If that was the case, then this statement shows that the FBI knew of the pipe bomb under my daughter's vehicle prior to June 11,2010 and was derelict in their duty toward me and my daughter in failing to inform us of the existence of a suspected pipe bomb.

19. The U.S. government has made a significant effort to demonize my son-in-law in various statements that have been released to the news media. However, the Government has failed to provide the public with the truth regarding the details of the Larry Fairfax case, which now appears to have elements of fraud, dereliction of duty and/or gross indifference toward the victims of his crimes by the government.

20. As far as the U.S. Attorney's office in Idaho is concerned, it is significant that no grand jury was empanelled to indict Larry Fairfax, which indicates that the U.S. Government did not want to have a record of testimony against Fairfax that, could be used to impeach government witnesses later because of the inconsistencies in the government's story about this case.

It is also significant that the charges to which Larry Fairfax is supposed to plead guilty under the plea agreement do not include a charge for possession of an explosive device in connection with a crime of violence, a mandatory 30-year prison sentence, when he is the one who admitted making the bomb and he is the one who admitted attaching the bomb under my daughter's vehicle. It appears that the Assistant U.S. Attorney, acting in concert with, the FBI agents are acting in collusion with Larry Fairfax in order to give him a "soft" deal that will allow him to get out of prison early even though he admits to being the perpetrator of this violent crime against me, my family and humanity; which crime really comes under the heading of terrorism, i.e., to put an explosive device on a vehicle where the perpetrator knows that if it explodes in a populated area it would cause significant collateral damage to innocent people. I shudder to think that if my daughter had hit a pot hole, or other obstruction on the road surface and this device had gone off, the damage that could have been done to my family and others would be similar to what has happened so many times in the Middle East.

21. One of my questions is: What was the Assistant U.S. Attorney thinking when she made this plea bargain deal with Larry Fairfax without consulting me as a victim as required by law?

22. Another question is: Why hasn't the other individual been charged who accompanied Larry Fairfax and "...drove to Oregon to check on whether the pipe bomb was still on her vehicle. They [Fairfax and the other individual] didn't see it and returned to Idaho assuming it had fallen off" What kind of an assumption is that? Since Larry Fairfax put the bomb under my daughter's vehicle, shouldn't he have known where to look? Did he assume that this explosive device was in the middle of the road somewhere between Idaho and Oregon, ready to explode? The U.S. Government knows who this individual is. If this other individual was not involved in the scheme to murder, why was he/she checking, on the pipe bomb? It says: "They didn't see it...." which means: that the other person also looked for the pipe bomb, so that "they," the other individual and Fairfax, were fully aware of the murder plot and the other individual is a co-conspirator and should be brought to justice. If not
brought to justice, the other individual is a danger to me and my family! So, what was Traci Whelan thinking when she did not indict this other individual whom the FBI and the U.S. Government has full and complete information about, even though the U.S. Government has not as yet identified such person according to the article by David Cole. In fact, I must ask: Why is the
U.S. Government protecting the identity of a co-conspirator who has complete knowledge of the entire scenario and was physically present when a very important part of the crime was being committed; isn't the definition of a co-conspirator, one who offers assistance, such as helping Fairfax check on the bomb? And that person, according to the article, helped in formulating the assumption that the pipe bomb had fallen off, which means that person was a participant in the decision making process of the conspiracy to murder me and my family. So, I must ask, why isn't my family, and the public, being protected from this individual by both the FBI and Traci Whelan? What does it take to get them to do their job?

23. Another question is: What were the FBI agents thinking when they allowed my daughter to travel over 450 miles through populated areas without even mentioning the pipe bomb under her vehicle?

24. A more compelling question is: Why is the Assistant U.S. Attomey being so soft on Larry Fairfax who manufactured the pipe bomb and attached it as an explosive device to my daughter's vehicle, with all the potential repercussions that could have occurred if it had gone off? Is the U.S. Attorney Office in Idaho soft on terrorism?

25. If this Court proceeds with the plea agreement as contemplated by the U.S. Attorney, then I am informing the Court that such plea agreement will be adopted without the input from the crime victims as required by Congress because neither me nor my daughter have been consulted and neither of us will be physically able to attend said hearing on Tuesday, September 7,2010.

26. While I was given notice of the hearing on September 7,2010 in the letter dated August 24th, I will be unable to attend this hearing to consider the plea agreement with Larry Fairfax as scheduled on September 7th and I am asking that said hearing be postponed so that I can be present and attend said hearing. The specifics of the reasons I cannot attend are:

a. The first reason I cannot attend the hearing next Tuesday is based on my health, which is declining. I have had multiple surgeries to correct a series of very serious health conditions and I have just undergone another CT scan on September 2,2010 to determine if I must have emergency surgery in the next few days;

b.The second reason I cannot attend the hearing next Tuesday is that I must attend a doctor's appointment in Oregon on Tuesday, September 7,2010, over 400 miles from the Federal Courthouse as I am facing what could be life and death health care decisions; and

c.The third reason I cannot attend the hearing next Tuesday is that my rights as a victim have not been protected by Traci Whelan, the Assistant U.S. Attorney, who is the individual acting in the capacity of the "Attorney for the Government" as mentioned in 18 USC 1512, congressional findings and purposes, and thus I have not been able to express my views regarding
the proposed plea bargain for Larry Fairfax as contemplated by Congress. Therefore, I must conclude that my participation as a victim is apparently not considered necessary by the very government officials who are charged with the responsibility of protecting my crime victim rights.

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT. Respectfully submitted this 4th day of September, 2010

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN-Before me this 4th day of September, 2010 by Jacquanette Kunzman known or identified to me to be the
affiant named herein.

OFFICIAL SEAL VICTOR VICTOR E. ALVARADO

NOTARY PUBLIC- OREGON Commission Number 438450

MY COMMISSION EXPIRES April 15.2013

NOTARY PUBLIC FOR THE STATE OF OREGON Residing at Oregon City, Oregon

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; September 14th, 2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: format

Old September 15th, 2010 #1192
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
This post was made possible by the generous help of another forum member with Optical Character Recognition. If you see any errors in it, leave me a visitor message on my page.

Thanks you and the "confidential" optical scanner for your effort. Of course the FBI will not like this.

Of course the government can have "confidential informant" hitmen who work with unidentified "individual" accomplices and that is acceptable.

Old September 15th, 2010 #1193
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

If this was a real crime, like the government is claiming, wouldn't it make more sense for the government to be offering a deal to Steele in order to keep Fairfax in jail?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the government, and in the publics best interest, to get the hitman, pipe bomb builder, interstate assassin, and his accomplices off the street and behind bars?

How is the public better served by the government making every effort to keep Steele in jail and let Fairfax and his gang members go free?

The absurdity of the Assistant U.S. Attorney Ms Traci Whelan making a big deal about Steele talking to his wife on the phone and claiming Steele sent his wife a birthday card, and at the same time, down playing Fairfax's pipe bomb building, attaching it to vehicle, and interstate stalking of Cyndi.

Old September 15th, 2010 #1194
8Man
"moderate" radical

From what I've read, I thought the 'unnamed' co-conspirator with Larry Fairfax could be his 26-year-old son Andrew, who testified on behalf of his father. Somewhere I got the impression that Larry's son went with him to Oregon to check on the 'missing' pipe bomb.

But this theory is contradicted by the claim
Quote:
Fairfax's wife and son testified in federal court Monday. Both said they "somewhat feared for their family's safety" and that Fairfax never mentioned any part of the plan.
So it's not just Cyndi Steele and her family, but also Larry Fairfax and his family that fear for their family's safety.

Larry's sweetheart of a neighbor, retired Judge James R. Michaud, also testified in his favor. Is it likely Judge Michaud still has contacts at the court house where Traci Whelan works?

Old September 15th, 2010 #1195
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post
From what I've read, I thought the 'unnamed' co-conspirator with Larry Fairfax could be his 26-year-old son Andrew, who testified on behalf of his father. Somewhere I got the impression that Larry's son went with him to Oregon to check on the 'missing' pipe bomb.

But this theory is contradicted by the claim

So it's not just Cyndi Steele and her family, but also Larry Fairfax and his family that fear for their family's safety.

Larry's sweetheart of a neighbor, retired Judge James R. Michaud, also testified in his favor. Is it likely Judge Michaud still has contacts at the court house where Traci Whelan works?

Other MSM sources reported that that Fairfax told his wife that he was going to Oregon to spy on Steele's wife because Steele thought she was having an affair.

The only reference to Fairfax son that I'm aware is a poster at a MSM website that speculated Fairfax was too fat to fit under a car and it would have been his son that attached the bomb.

Old September 15th, 2010 #1196
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Federal Case Angle

This entire Federal case reminds me of a Junior High School girl who is trying to convince her teacher that her dog ate her homework. The next question is when was the last time that dog was fed. This is going to be embarrassing.

Old September 15th, 2010 #1197
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Missing Point

Quote:
If this was a real crime, like the government is claiming, wouldn't it make more sense for the government to be offering a deal to Steele in order to keep Fairfax in jail?
The absurdity of the Assistant U.S. Attorney Ms Traci Whelan making a big deal about Steele talking to his wife on the phone and claiming Steele sent his wife a birthday card, and at the same time, down playing Fairfax's pipe bomb building, attaching it to vehicle, and interstate stalking of Cyndi.
Tintin missed an important point. Both affidavits mention that the FBI had NO interest in the previous death threats against all members of the Steele family which supposedly came from the Anti-Defamation League. The ADL must be a revered American institution like mother and apple pie. A few years back they lost a $10 million libel judgement for defaming a White couple in Denver.

Old September 16th, 2010 #1198
8Man
"moderate" radical

Default HAC comments on latest developments

You might find Harold Covingtons latest Radio Free Northwest #34 worth a listen. He spends the first 15 min. discussing the most recent deveopments with Edgar Steele case.

Old September 16th, 2010 #1199
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Not a blackpowder pipe bomb but dynamite...

A VERY good narrative:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post
You might find Harold Covingtons latest Radio Free Northwest #34 worth a listen. He spends the first 15 min. discussing the most recent developments with Edgar Steele case.

Old September 17th, 2010 #1200
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Default I just received this in my email

(Sent on behalf of Mrs. Steele by the Free Edgar Steele support team, website [HERE] )

September 17, 2010

Cyndi G. Steele
P.O. Box 1255
Sagle, ID 83860

Dear Friends of Edgar Steele:

Edgar J. Steele has been entrapped by a legal system that presumes his guilt in the face of false charges. Ed has been in jail and solitary confinement for three months in Spokane, WA because of false allegations that he masterminded a murder-for-hire plot to kill me and my mother. I have never believed that Ed was involved in such a plot! Ed has defended the politically incorrect for years;* people who, were it not for him, never would have had representation. Those who oppose Ed hate the truth and have threatened to harm Ed, me and our family in the past. Clearly, he is a political prisoner of the USA and quite literally, he is fighting for his life. There is a growing number of people who are banding together to make it possible for Ed to have the defense he needs against bogus government charges. We are asking you to join us.

Here is the bottom line:* without experts to prove that false government tape recordings are only imitations of Ed’s speech patterns (using voice cloning technology), and without experts to present the truth about alleged explosives, Ed will be “sent to the gallows” for something he didn’t do. We have an opportunity to prevent this great injustice. This is not the first time the government has made false criminal allegations against innocent people. Thus, it is our choice whether we want to be a part of the movement to stop this kind of government-sponsored insanity. Let me tell you, we sincerely need your help.

I humbly ask for your assistance, as I am financially strapped and unable to raise the amount of money necessary to provide a proper defense for my husband. Any financial gift you can make will go directly to the Ed Steele Defense Fund, to be placed in an attorney’s trust account and to be used exclusively for Ed’s defense. Contributions of $50.00 and $100.00 will be greatly appreciated as we try to make our goal of $250,000.00 needed to pay both attorney fees and the legal costs of this case. Time is critical as we need to have a new attorney on board soon who will work for Ed.

Edgar needs an attorney who is willing to challenge the FBI’s conduct and show that the government is wrong. Edgar can’t move forward without your help in funding his defense. Your kind financial assistance will help us to engage a qualified attorney (who has already been contacted) who believes in Ed’s innocence and will work vigorously to protect Ed’s rights and confront the government.

These are tough financial times. But, please give a moment to think about my husband, sitting in a jail cell, day after day, with no hope, not even able to help in his own defense. I can’t visit him with him to give him hope or moral support, because the judge has entered a very unfair “no-contact” order.

Even the smallest donation will go a long way to help win this case and expose the corruption behind the false charges. It may even help others who also face false accusations by the government.

Please make your contribution check / money order payable to:

The Edgar Steele Defense Fund
P.O. Box 1255
Sagle, Idaho 83860

(Funds will be held in an attorney’s trust account.)* Or, go online and donate by credit card and through PayPal at:

[CLICK HERE FOR PAGE]

My sincerest and most heartfelt thanks for your time in considering this plea for help,

Cyndi G. Steele
ConspiracyPenPal | Modify Your Subscription | Unsubscribe Now

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread