Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 22nd, 2019 #1
VanguardNewsNetwork
News Bot

Woodpecker Pinochet: a Documentary Film (2012)

A 2012 film by Corporacion 11 de Septiembre. There are many political lessons here. Chile’s prior leader Allende was a vile Marxist posing as a democrat. There are lots of politicians like Allende, all over the world. They will always come to power posing as democrats. This video can be downloaded, before it disappears down the memory hole. For English captions, click “cc” on the bottom right of the video. [Video, captioned, duration is 2 hours].

Read more at Vanguard News Network Blog...

Old August 23rd, 2019 #2
steven clark

Default Pinochet: a Documentary Film (2012)

When I grew up in the 70's, Pinochet was seen as a monster and villain, destroying the good Allende. Latin American (radicals) especially trumpeted this, and all you heard was CIA. And Nixon was blamed, as he was for anything then.
My first exposure to a counter view was in Paul Johnson's Modern Times, where he analyzed how Allende was a communist, had tried to get elected four times,
and how much of Chile's problems were economic due to chronic inflation: going to 163 percent in 1972.

Johnson pointed out Allende had no majority: 62 percent of the people voted against him.
Allende organized nationalization of Chile's economy, scaring neighbors, and farms and factories were seized by gangs crying out 'People's Power.' Johnson said the crisis was similar to the Spanish civil war in the 30's, Allende being forced by revolutionaries in his party to go further. Also, a lot of foreigners streamed in to help this revolution.
Allende also appointed Pinochet to his post, and the military was very reluctant to intervene, but as I recall, the country was simply falling apart.
In 1971, Allende declared Chile was bankrupt. Also, the reds had more guns then the army, and the military struck.

Johnson maintained the USSR kept Allende's myth of a noble leader alive because he was more useful to them dead then alive, and Pinochet led Chile to a gradual recovery, and Chile's economy improved. As Johnson noted, Pinochet was actually fairly popular, but once the economy became solid, a majority of people favored extending Pinochet's eight-year term, but then once people became comfortable, the human rights issues increased.

I think rough as Pinochet might have been, the British trying to arrest him when he was there for medical treatment was repulsive and shows how low Britain has become...just a leftist dump.

Old August 23rd, 2019 #3
Ray Allan

Default Where is the American Pinochet?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old August 23rd, 2019 #4
Joe from OH

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/....0._UX679_.png

I might order myself one of these!

Old August 24th, 2019 #5
Rasen
Banned

I wonder who most users support here? CIA supported "Fascist" Pinochet or his soviet-baked rivals led by Salvador Allende?

Last edited by Rasen; August 24th, 2019 at 01:28 AM.

Thread