VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 17th, 2013 #2221
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
The first time I met Tommy Robinson I told him to fuck off. The English Defence League (EDL) had just formed and Robinson came up to me after a public interview I was doing in London. Without knowing anything much about them, I am afraid I assumed (white, working-class, Cross of St George at demos) that the EDL were a British National Party front. Which was why I ended up advising him of the procreative way in which to travel. He took it very politely, said he understood that I didn’t know their views and then said, ‘We’re not racists — we’re just working-class guys who are losing our country and can’t bear it.’

Last week, four-and-a-half-years on, we met again. Several days earlier Robinson had announced he was leaving the movement he had formed, saying — to some guffawing — that he was no longer able to control the genuine far-right elements who sought to hijack his movement. He was aided by the Quilliam Foundation, an anti-extremism think tank, and it was a close Muslim friend of mine who had been guiding Robinson through some of this who called me up to ask if I would hear Robinson out. I agreed.

How has the reaction been since leaving? ‘Difficult,’ he says. ‘People saying I’ve been bought out.’ It’s not just some former friends in the EDL who have it in for him. While walking through his home town of Luton, accompanied by a film crew, he was attacked by a gang of Muslims who punched him to the ground. ‘I went flying back on my arse,’ he says. ‘Another three came over and said, “We’re going to decapitate you.” It’s all on camera: “You need to be decapitated.” I’m sat there thinking, this is what the world needs to see, this is what middle England needs to see. But then at the same time I said, “Am I going to hate every Muslim for that?” It’s been a difficult week.’ But, he adds, ‘For me it [leaving the EDL] was the right thing to do.’

Robinson had been thinking about leaving since a stint in jail earlier this year. Sent down for travelling on a friend’s passport, he was put in solitary confinement to protect him from Muslim gangs in the jail. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to him. ‘Before I went to jail I was a mess. I was a complete mess — drinking and just sessioning. I was put on solitary confinement for 18 weeks and it was like a break. But that’s then the first time that I started questioning where it was going. Because there is violence. I don’t believe it’s been English Defence League committing it, mainly it’s been provoked. There is racism. I call Muslim leaders apologists all the time. If I don’t admit the problems — which I haven’t done really for four years, I’ve made excuses for a lot of it — then I’m an apologist myself.’

EDL March In Woolwich

So was the organisation far-right? ‘It’s not a far-right organisation. We’ve been battling from the inside of this movement for four and a half years to be all-inclusive. To not be far-right at all.’ They have had problems. To hear him describe some of the groups which circled around to get onto the EDL’s bandwagon is to glimpse a very dark corner of our society. But Robinson says that the politicians and press did not help. He claims that by calling the EDL ‘far-right’, politicians and the media have actually sent such elements their way. ‘It’s like they want it to be a far-right bunch of lunatics, instead of a bunch of ordinary normal people.’ Why would they want that? ‘So they don’t have to have the debate. So the issues that we’re raising don’t have to be spoken about.’

And there certainly are issues. Robinson was in Luton town centre in 2009 when the Royal Anglian Regiment’s homecoming parade was barracked by the radicals of Al-Muhajiroun. In a disastrous policing decision Al-Muhajiroun were protected by the police and angry locals threatened with arrest. Any politicians or opinion formers who think there is not a problem in places like Luton have never been there.

Robinson boasts of the diverse racial and religious background in which he grew up and in which he appears genuinely comfortable. It wasn’t the diversity but the double-standards that, he says, provoked the EDL. When he and his friends organised a protest to oppose the Islamists, they were prevented from getting to the Town Hall through which Al-Muhajiroun had previously walked. And while Al-Muhajiroun had flyered mosques for their protest with impunity, Robinson says he and his friends were stopped by police from handing out leaflets. ‘They knew it had a potential,’ says Robinson. ‘They put their hands in our pockets, cameras in our faces, made people take their shoes off. I was like, “You didn’t do this to them. What are you doing this to us for? Why are you treating us like this when you didn’t treat them like this?” ’

BRITAIN-PROTEST-EDL

He now acknowledges, however, that the EDL’s professed message — opposition to Islamic extremism — was lost almost from the outset. Some of this, including some disastrous generalising about Muslims, Robinson now admits to be his fault. Other problems, including the opposition which formed against them, were not. Supporters of Unite Against Fascism often got involved in serious violence when they turned up to ‘oppose’ the EDL. But UAF receive significant political support, whereas from the beginning the EDL were pariahs whom no one in power could dream of supporting. Robinson and his friends see some of this as a class issue and perhaps they are right in part. Certainly there is a disenfranchisement issue. Robinson says he does not know anyone who votes, and Luton borough council, which talks to Islamic extremists, said it would ‘never’ sit down to hear -Robinson out.

He does have a litany of charges against him. Robinson is currently awaiting trial after a tax investigation carried out by the police and says all his immediate family have had their finances examined by the police in recent years. He says his own bank account and all assets have been frozen for four years and his businesses run into the ground. He is apparently allowed access to only a small sum of cash each week.

There is a video of Robinson being arrested while attempting to walk through Tower Hamlets and he tells me that he was arrested for incitement after (by his account) one EDL demonstration went three minutes over its allotted 30-minute running time.

Then there are the ‘constant, constant death threats’. When somebody posted his mother’s address online and promised to ‘chop up’ Robinson’s kids he finally went to the police. He says they told him they could do nothing about it. He began retweeting Twitter threats, but says he was told by police that if he continued doing so he could face arrest himself.

He has been repeatedly attacked. On one occasion, when set upon by a Muslim gang in Luton, the police handcuffed and arrested him. On another, the perpetrator was caught on camera but has still not been arrested. He says he’s given up on the police: ‘They’re scared.’ April this year saw the trial and conviction of six Muslims from the West Midlands who planned to carry out a terrorist attack at an EDL demonstration in Dewsbury last June. They missed the demo by minutes but while returning their car was stopped by police and found to contain nail bombs, knives, sawn-off shotguns and a -message to ‘To the EDL. O enemies of Allah!’

Robinson tells me that he has spent four and a half years being called a racist while fighting to keep actual racists out of his movement. But now he has given up that struggle. There will be those who will rejoice at that. Most of us will breathe a sigh of relief if the EDL’s brawling protests now cease. But even if it does go away, our authorities would be very unwise to keep ignoring the issues that gave rise to this reactive -movement.

As we say goodbye, I cannot help reflecting that our society would never have heard of Tommy Robinson if it had dealt with Islamic extremists with anything like the severity it has meted out to him.
h t t p://w w w.spectator.co.uk/features/9055961/extreme-measures-2/

Old October 17th, 2013 #2222
andy

Seemingly unconnected but all part of the system strategy, to disarm native Aryans and empower the aliens

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ice-protection

"....The video appears to have been made before the attack on the Westgate shopping centre in Nairobi, Kenya, as there is only one brief mention of the "suffering of Muslims in Kenya."

Ansar, 39, who has four young children living with him at his home said police were now regularly patrolling his residence and were making contact by phone every hour.

The filmmaker, who has made a documentary about the former EDL leader Tommy Robinson that will air later this month on BBC2
, became a prominent figure after condemning Rigby's murder the day after his death but says he has never been the subject of an explicit threat before.

Ansar said he was alerted to the video before a plain clothes inspector and a uniformed officer arrived at his home in the small hours. "If they [jihadists] are going to start targeting British Muslims and set fanatical extremists against them then that is a frightening new dimension," he said...."

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 18th, 2013 #2223
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:

The English Defence League is likely to splinter into smaller regional units with some supporters shifting to more extreme movements in the wake of the leadership's resignation, according to a former member of the police unit that spent years covertly monitoring and seeking to infiltrate the group.

Even before last week's shock decision by Tommy Robinson and Kevin Carroll to abandon the anti-Islamic street movement they formed in 2009 - saying they no longer wished to be associated with the far-right extremists that came to their rallies - there were signs that the group was splintering and losing support.

"The EDL is likely to wither and die now. I can't think of anyone left with [Robinson's] standing," said a recently retired officer with the National Domestic Extremism Unit. He agreed to speak on condition of anonymity as a result of the sensitive - and sometimes controversial - work carried out by the unit, which uses surveillance techniques to gather information on far-right organisations, as well as left-wing and environmental groups.

"The EDL may survive as separate regional organisations. Most of its activity was at a local level anyway. But prior to the murder of Lee Rigby, it was already seeing a marked decline. One of the reasons was the personal antipathy of regional leaders towards Tommy Robinson - he was not terribly well liked but was accepted as the best leader because he had a certain amount of charisma and cunning."

Local EDL leaders held a Skype conference on 9 October in which they agreed to establish a new committee of regional organisers. They chose a new chairman, Tony Ablitt, a former organiser with the British Freedom Party, a short-lived political front for the EDL. They are due to hold a meeting on 26 October to discuss the group's future strategy.

Appearing at court this week, Tommy Robinson - real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - said he had received a number of death threats since resigning and was now "the most wanted man on either side".

"The people who the death threats are coming from are the people who I was opposing anyway - they were the elements that were always on the outside of the English Defence League, they were around it always wanting to hijack it," he told Woolwich Magistrates Court.

As the national party weakens, disgruntled supporters may find themselves drifting towards more extreme organisations, such as the Northeast Infidels and English Volunteer Force, which are more open in their racist and anti-immigrant views.

"The legacy of the EDL is a few thousand young, working class men who have been radicalised and handed a warped view of British Muslims and their beliefs," said Matthew Goodwin, associate professor at the University of Nottingham. "It is unlikely that now, with the resignations, those men are simply going to abandon those views."

The Domestic Extremism officer could not discuss operational details of his former unit but said they "collate and assess intelligence" on these individuals and "directed out tasks to Special Branch and the police Counter Terrorism network to gather that information".

He said their work often led to paranoia among extreme far-right groups. "There is a huge amount of distrust around the level of state penetration. New individuals are not trusted; there are multiple fallings out with each other. They do our work for us."

He defended the unit's covert surveillance activities - which he accepted were controversial. The unit, which has around 100 staff, has been criticised in the past for employing agent provocateur tactics, including the use of an undercover officer who had a string of sexual relations with environmental activists.

"Some people will never be reassured, but the proportionality test is applied to everything we do covertly or overtly," the officer said.

One of his main reasons for talking to the press, the officer said, is to discourage left-wing activists who show up to protest against EDL rallies.

"Left-wing counter-demonstration are actually feeding the EDL - they're feeding the excitement. The EDL are politicised football hooligans so they respond to having an opposing team. If they held their counter-demonstration five miles away or on a different day, a lot of the EDL supporters would get bored and think 'I don't want spend this amount of money every other Saturday to travel around the country for nothing.'"

Unite Against Fascism, which has spearheaded many of the demos, defended its actions saying they had helped precipitate the EDL's decline by showing the scale of opposition it faced from ordinary people.

"The EDL were growing exponentially until they were met by a greater force," said Weyman Bennett, joint secretary of UAF. "They would come with a few hundred and we would have a few thousand who didn't want them in their town, and they didn't know what to do."

The UAF also argues that by liaising with local mosques and community groups, they were able to prevent people taking matters into their own hands.

"The police want people to go indoors and have a cup of tea and ignore the racists on their streets. But people don't operate that way - they want to confront racism, and we provide an organised response."

For the Domestic Extremism Unit, the priority was often individuals rather than the EDL itself.

"People bring their own ideology to EDL marches. It's a supporter-based organisation rather than membership-based. Some of the attacks on mosques may have been carried out by people with links to the EDL but I'm not aware of any link between those attacks and the leadership."

He added that there is a "risk of terrorism" but that it's limited to individuals or very small groups "that are not terribly sophisticated".

"There have been about 15-18 arrests of people with terrorist paraphernalia and the wherewithal to put them together. Often they have bought the components, but haven't actually put them together. They see the race war as a matter of time, and want to be prepared."

As for Tommy Robinson, he has yet to make a clear statement on his future plans since resigning. He told a press conference last week: ""I have a passion to combat Islamist ideology and I want to lead a revolution against that ideology, but I don't want to lead a revolution against Muslims."

His half-hearted apologies to the Muslim community over the past week and his refusal to denounce his past Islamophobic statements have angered many.

"There's no evidence that his views towards Muslims have changed at all," said Matthew Collins, a reformed member of the right-wing gang Combat 18 who now works with Hope Not Hate. "He's still ranting on about the burqa and other nonsense - still a narrow-minded nationalist. All he's done is exonerate himself for the extremism in the EDL - not even admit that he's a former extremist."

Matthew Goodwin, from the University of Nottingham, agreed that it would be hard for Mr Robinson to change.

"He comes from a section of society that is already likely to feel left behind by the economic transformation of Britain and under threat from immigration and seemingly 'new' groups in society, like Muslims," said Matthew Goodwin. "Those views were forged during his younger years, so it is distinctly unlikely that he will fundamentally overhaul his beliefs. Once we are hard-wired in this way, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to move in a radically different direction."
h t t p://w w w.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/is-the-party-over-for-the-edl-8889961.html

Old October 19th, 2013 #2224
john-connor
Banned

Question Who is the real Tommy Robinson?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-Robinson.html The former leader of the English Defence League, the organisation he founded in 2009, is a man of multiple identities, finds Matt Rowland Hill “Going to prison was the best thing that ever happened to me,” declares Tommy Robinson. I am sitting in a hotel bar in Luton town centre, listening to him explain why he has quit the English Defence League. Before his imprisonment he had been receiving death threats from Islamists, and neo-Nazis were threatening to take over the EDL. As a result, he says, he was “drinking alcohol, going out three times a week, neglecting my wife. I thought I was dealing with the pressures of the English Defence League, but I was pretty much just bingeing my way through it.”

Short and stocky, like a welterweight grown pudgy between bouts, Robinson speaks with an understated manner that belies the intensity of his words. In January he was jailed for travelling to meet American EDL supporters in New York using somebody else’s passport, and spent eighteen weeks in solitary confinement after running into trouble with Muslim gangs on the inside. Those long hours in his cell were, he says, his first opportunity since 2009 to take stock. “And that’s when I started to question, where’s the EDL going? Because, you know, we march up and down this country, but what is it we want to get out of it? And how do we succeed?”

Multiple identities are a theme of Robinson’s career to date. His real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon; he adopted the alias “Tommy Robinson” in the early days of the EDL as protection, he says, against reprisals from Muslims. To many, he is little more than a cut-price demagogue in designer clobber who has spent four-and-a-half years inciting hatred against Muslims with his menacing and often violent rallies. To others, he is a misunderstood liberal unafraid of trampling cultural sensitivities while speaking up for “British values”. He now says he wants to become an advocate for moderation and dialogue by working with Quilliam, an anti-extremism think tank. If he does so, it will be his most audacious transformation yet.

In order to understand how Tommy Robinson came to this point, you need to understand Luton, the town where he was born in 1982, where he went to school and where later he formed the EDL. His father was English, his mother Irish. “Everyone in Luton is the son of immigrants,” he says. “Whether it be Irish, West Indian, Ghanaian, everyone I know.” He grew up with his mother, who worked in a bakery, and his adoptive father, who worked at the local Vauxhall car plant. At Putteridge High School, Robinson scored 11 A-Cs at GCSE. “Got an A in Maths, too,” he boasts. “I never studied and I still breezed the exams.” But outside the classroom there were, he says, “problems”.

What does he mean?
Related Articles

With Tommy Robinson gone, has the British far Right been crushed for good?
11 Oct 2013

EDL Leaders quit over concern about far-right extremism
08 Oct 2013

EDL leaders bailed after attempted march to Woolwich
30 Jun 2013

'I am not a Nazi', says EDL leader Tommy Robinson
16 Jun 2013

“There were problems with . . . ”, Robinson begins, and then checks himself. “Look, when I was at school, Imran and Kamran, two identical twins, were some of my best mates. But there were problems with Muslim gangs, and there were fights between the English lads and the Muslims. Whenever you get in a problem at school, it’s flooded with Muslim men. They always seemed to be waiting for trouble.”

Despite his academic ability, nobody encouraged Robinson to stay on for sixth form, so he left school at 16. Around the same time, his father received his redundancy notice from Vauxhall. Robinson speaks with obvious pride of the way in which the man he came to see as his real father “used to go all over the world doing specialist pipe fitting” for Vauxhall. The company had been building cars in Luton since 1903 and was for many years the town’s biggest employer. It was Luton's reputation as an industrial hub that had once made it attractive to immigrants, including Muslims from Pakistan and Bangladesh. When Vauxhall's assembly lines closed in 2000 – the rock-bottom of the town's long industrial decline – Muslims comprised 15% of its population. Today they are 25%, and Luton is one of a few British towns where white Britons are an ethnic minority.

One of the few institutions that provided a sense of continuity for locals was Luton Town Football Club, where Robinson was taken to matches from a young age. “It’s a community,” says Robinson. “Most of the friends I’ve got now, I’ve met through going to Luton Town.” But on match days Robinson encountered the same tensions between Muslims and non-Musliims he had found at school. Luton’s stadium, he explains, is “slap bang in the middle of Bury Park”, the town’s main Muslim area. Robinson recalls being involved in confrontations between football fans and local Muslims where he soon learnt, he says, “you either back down or get your head kicked in”.

And yet Robinson almost sounds envious when he talks about the sense of community among Muslims in Luton. “The mentality they have, I realised it when I went to the World Cup,” he says. “When an Englishman out there gets in trouble, every other Englishman defends him. It’s the mindset, you’re away from home and he’s your brother. And that’s the brotherhood they have every day. You get in trouble outside a nightclub here, they’ll get out of their taxis, their chicken shops, they’ll come from everywhere. They don’t need to know each other. Just cos they’re a Muslim and you’re not.”

Tommy Robinson speaks to supporters of the EDL near Downing Street. (GETTY IMAGES)

After he left school, Robinson applied to study aircraft engineering at Luton Airport, one of the few remaining providers of skilled blue-collar jobs in the town. “I got an apprenticeship six hundred people applied for, and they took four people on,” he says. He qualified in 2003 after studying for five years, but almost immediately his life was turned upside-down when a criminal conviction – during a drunken argument he assaulted a man who turned out to be an off-duty police officer – meant he lost his job. Robinson explains that, as a result of tightened security measures after September 11, his criminal record meant he was blacklisted from working at airports.

It was during this time, bitter at the loss of his career and labouring on a building site, that Robinson read in a newspaper about a group of local Islamists who were attempting to recruit men to fight for the Taliban in Afghanistan. “They were doing it outside Don Miller's,” he says. “And I was like, they can’t do that! In working class communities, we all know somebody in the armed forces. I’ve got a mate who lost his legs. And these lot were sending people to kill our boys.”

At this point, Robinson knew little about Islam as a religion. But now he began to look back on the tension between Muslims and non-Muslims at school and at the football in a new light. “I always knew there was a hostility coming from that community, and I never really knew what it was. I didn’t know anything about the religion. It’s only when I looked into the religion that I thought, this is what it is. It’s got to do with Islam.” As Robinson now began to see things, the Clash of Civilisations had been happening all along at the gates of Putteridge High School.

So Robinson set up a group called Ban the Luton Taliban. “We had a demonstration, and it worked!” he says. “I stood up and I said, look, when we were at war with the IRA, would we let the Irish stand in the middle of the town and recruit for the IRA? No we f------ wouldn’t! So why are we letting these? And after that, for the first time on a Saturday, the police didn’t let them go there. It worked!”

In 2009, when another Islamist group, Anjem Choudary’s Al Muhajiroun, burned poppies at a homecoming parade for British soldiers who had died in Afghanistan, he repeated the formula. The next protest snowballed, and soon the newly formed English Defence League was making headlines with a series of unruly protests up and down the country. At 26 years old Robinson was thrust into the national spotlight as the most controversial – and the most hated – far-right figure in Britain.

Robinson claims his goal was not to terrorise individual Muslims but to raise awareness of the dangers of Islamic extremism. “But in jail I realised that the way we done it, it’s never going to happen,” he says. “With ‘Allah Allah Allah, who the f--- is Allah?’” – a notorious chant heard at EDL demos – “it’s never going to happen. And I realised that the only way to succeed is to have reformists, moderate Islamic voices with you.”

An English Defence League supporter. (GETTY IMAGES)

I must look surprised at this – Robinson, after all, has previously described Islam as a “disease” and a “threat to our way of life” – because he immediately starts telling me about his friendship with Maajid Nawaz of Quilliam, whom he met while filming a BBC documentary last month. Nawaz told Robinson how he had turned his back on extremism during his own spell in prison in Egypt, where he was tortured for his involvement with the Islamist group Hizb-ut-Tahrir. “He said to me, ‘Tommy, if you ever think about leaving the EDL, and you want to chat, I’m here for you.’”

As he’s talking, Robinson notices that he’s still wearing a rubber English Defence League wristband on his left arm. "From now on," he says, "I don't want anyone else to represent me. I want to be representing myself." He takes the wristband off, looks at it, and casually tosses it across the table to me. “You can have that,” he says. “That’s over now.”

Robinson now says he is sorry for provoking fear among British Muslims, for fostering an atmosphere of “us and them” and for blaming “every single Muslim” for “getting away” with the July 7 bombings. But at times he seems unsure whether to accept responsibility for his former behaviour or to defend it. Some have portrayed him as a media-savvy Machiavelli disguising race hate with liberal rhetoric, but there is a naivety about the way he believed he could brand EDL protests “peaceful” and then simply disown the “minority” who, inflamed by his speeches, turned violent. Does he understand why he has been criticised?

“Yeah, I do. I’m not an angel, you know?” he says, looking down at the table. “I was a young lad when I started this, and I was leading one of the biggest street protest movements there’s ever been.”

But does he retract his previous views on Islam, which he has called a “violent” and “fascist” religion, and which he has declared the root of all kinds of evil, from terrorism to paedophile grooming gangs? Does he understand that, by failing to make a distinction between Islam as a religion and the actions of certain Muslims, he has stigmatised a whole section of the British public?

He shifts a little uncomfortably in his seat. “Yeah, it’s the seventh century interpretation of Islam,” he says. “Political Islam, Salafism, Wahabbism. I don’t care if they want to practice their religion. It’s when they’re not integrating, and asking for special treatment.”

When I press him on whether he still advocates banning the building of new mosques, as he has done in the past, he begins, for the first time in our conversation, to falter. “I want to see . . . Look, there’s a problem with extremism, yeah? And how are we going to work together to get it solved? Well, I don’t think it’s by allowing Saudi Arabia and Qatar and Iran to fund multi-million pound mosques and manipulate which form of Islam is being taught in them. So we can stop the foreign funding to all religious institutions, and until they’re regulated and moderated in a similar way that Ofsted does with schools . . .” He shrugs. “So that’s where I stand on mosques. When the problem’s solved, crack on.”

Does he have any interest in changing the minds of people who have criticised him over the years?

This time his gaze does not waver for a second. “I know I’ll change their mind,” he says firmly. Robinson tells me he has “changed as a person" in the eight months since he was released from prison. He has stopped drinking – making a single exception on St George’s Day – and says he has a new sense of clarity and focus. Of those who refuse to believe in his change of heart, he says: “They don’t say that to Maajid Nawaz today. He was in Hizb-ut-Tahrir, he did six years [in prison] in Egypt for terrorism. You know, and I find stories like that inspiring."

“Do you know what would have really wound up the Islamists?” he says. “This will have really, really p------ them off. Because they hate Quilliam, because Quilliam are exposing them. So by us sitting together, it’s p----- them off and p----- the far right off.”

Robinson admits he is nervous about running into EDL supporters on Luton’s working class estates following his decision to quit. “Cos, you know, I love Luton, man. It’s chiselled me into the person I am.” Then he adds: “And I think, what choice did we have? Because you wouldn’t even think about coming to Luton and talking to us if it weren’t for the English Defence League.”

Robinson stares out of the window for a moment, and Luton town centre glares back at him. “What does David Cameron know about growing up in Luton? All these people sitting on TV, all these experts, they don’t have a clue about a town like this.” He turns and meets my eye again. “Well they don’t, do they?”

Old October 19th, 2013 #2225
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth At Last View Post

Not stopped him getting an 'Osman' warning from the police , apparently some Somali terror group has put him on their list . VNN posters from the US might be amazed that even when police know a serious and credible threat has been made against an individual here in the UK it's still against the law to get arms to defend yourself and family
And compare and contrast:

Quote:

Moderate British Muslims have been warned by police that their lives are in danger after speaking out against extremists.

Several prominent Muslims were named in a hate video posted by al-Shabab militants, the terror faction which massacred unarmed shoppers in Kenya, as targets for fundamentalists.

At least one commentator, Mohammed Ansar, is now under police protection following the threat to murder him for condemning the killing of soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich, London, on May22.

Threats against the British Muslims were made in an hour-long video called The Woolwich Attack: An Eye for an Eye which praises the death of Drummer Rigby and calls for more such attacks. It included footage of critics who condemned the attack.

In the film the narrator, speaking with a British accent and his face covered by a mask, urged viewers: “If you can’t afford to get hold of [a gun] then certainly a simple knife from your local B&Q will do the job.”

The narrator attempted to justify his call by claiming that “Western crusaders” were responsible for “the invasion of Muslim lands, and the slaughter of hundreds of innocent Muslims”. Another speaker featured in the broadcast urged viewers to “cut the necks of the disbelievers”, and moderate British Muslims were said to have “mutilated the teachings of Islam”.

Scotland Yard was reluctant to comment on the contents of the footage or the action is is taking but confirmed: “We are aware of the video and are assessing its contents and looking into it.”

But Mr Ansar, who provoked the ire of extremists by describing the killing of Drummer Rigby as “sickening and heinous”, said he had been contacted by police and offered protection. There are now frequent patrols of his home and he is in hourly contact with police.

He said that the threat to those Muslims who speak out against extremism is “a frightening new dimension” to the terror tactics employed by jihadists.

Ajmal Masroor, a broadcaster and imam, is among those who have been visited by police to tell them of the threat and to offer advice.

He issued a defiant promise to continue speaking out and said on his Facebook page: “I shall continue doing what I believe is right and true despite threats and I shall speak out loud and clearly against extremism and terrorism no matter how many threats I receive.

“Ultimately the extremists would run out of steam and the terrorists would fizzle out, but moderation, fairness and truth will always prevail.”

Another person threatened in the video was Usama Hasan who is a senior researcher with the anti-extremist Quilliam Foundation which recently persuaded Tommy Robinson to resign from his leadership and membership of the English Defence League.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-offer-protection-to-prominent-british-muslims-put-at-risk-by-alshabaab-hate-video-8890286.html

Old October 19th, 2013 #2226
andy

Is this an improvement from the EDL ? The billy boys of Heritage and Destiny,to me they look like depraved weak and feeble scum but i 'spose to British Nationalists they are the cutting edge of the race

Last edited by andy; November 15th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

Old October 19th, 2013 #2227
NordicBerber123
Banned

Thumbs down

England NEEDS the edl, end of story.
by 2030 islam will be the most popular religion in london and what then?

Old October 19th, 2013 #2228
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBerber123 View Post
England NEEDS the edl, end of story.
....for what, exactly?

Old October 19th, 2013 #2229
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBerber123 View Post
by 2030 islam will be the most popular religion in london and what then?
At present, I doubt if more than 200 devotees exist anywhere at all.

Old October 19th, 2013 #2230
NordicBerber123
Banned

because some areas of london are strictly muslim areas, mosque's are being built every other week (by anonymous saudi arabians I might add), every month terrorist plots are being foiled by the police, acid attacks,.....the list goes on and on

Old October 19th, 2013 #2231
NordicBerber123
Banned

you know what i meant m8 -__-

Old October 19th, 2013 #2232
andy

Great store is set by "the movement" at the appearance of jew flags at EDL demos. Yet the appearance of flags supporting the staunchly anti nazi pro zionist UVF at Bnp demonstrations are welcomed

Old October 20th, 2013 #2233
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

Quote:
The Domestic Extremism officer could not discuss operational details of his former unit but said they "collate and assess intelligence" on these individuals and "directed out tasks to Special Branch and the police Counter Terrorism network to gather that information".
The police infiltrate all nationalist groups.

Quote:
He said their work often led to paranoia among extreme far-right groups. "There is a huge amount of distrust around the level of state penetration. New individuals are not trusted; there are multiple fallings out with each other. They do our work for us."
Just like what happened to Bradford BNP in many ways. Although the multiple fallings out in Bradford had nothing to do with paranoia over police infiltration, rather it was all centered on Paul Cromie and his bombastic personality.

Quote:
They do our work for us."
So the role of the police infiltrating 'far-right' groups is to get nationalists falling out with each other.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; October 20th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.

Old October 21st, 2013 #2234
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Murray View Post
I agree. The BNP could recover with a new, charismatic and above all, honest leader.
I don't think a charismatic leader would be as effective as a steady hardworking one.

Old October 26th, 2013 #2235
john-connor
Banned

Default 'Muslims first victims of Islamism' - former EDL leader

His a disgrace i would say by his own words his a police informer

Old October 26th, 2013 #2236
Cora McGuire

lol, he sounds to me like he doesn't even believe his own bullshit really.

Says the useful idiot: (segment in relation to his own hometown's demographics, and by extension all of Europe's, starts @ 17:08)
Quote:
Quote:
"Yes, White Britons are a minority in Luton, but that really doesn't bother me"
How can anyone talk about the ramifications of the European turd-world/Muslim invasion whilst avoiding the glaring racial realities this nightmare only serves to highlight?

He really is a confused fruitcake, and would be demolished in a fair debate with a WN.

Old October 26th, 2013 #2237
Bev
drinking tea

I will not link to this site or give links to their pictures of the tweets because I do not know who owns it. Interested parties can google for loo nw atc h or isla moph obia blogs or te ll ma ma site if they want to see screenshots of the tweets concerned.

Quote:
How Quilliam joined former EDL leader in spreading false rumour about cheap ‘Muslim only’ football tickets

The harassment and abuse of Muslim spectators at a West Ham United football match last Saturday, during which they were subjected to shouts of “fucking Pakis, go home” and “E, E, EDL”, has been widely reported.

Fuel was subsequently thrown on the fire of anti-Muslim bigotry by claims that the men were at the ground because the club had offered tickets at a specially reduced price for Muslims. As Steve Rose has written in an article posted on the Tell Mama website:

Social media soon became a hotbed of conspiracy theories about West Ham trying to ‘Islamify’ their support by offering heavily discounted tickets to Muslims. There was genuine anger from many over this ‘two-tier’ ticketing.

However, this is untrue. West Ham sells discounted tickets for British soldiers and periodically offers ‘kids for a quid’ specials. There was no special ‘Muslim’ discount. Such anger might be indicative of an underlying Islamophobia in some supporters.

These tickets are routinely offered to local community groups and are available to all. Not everyone who purchased these £5 tickets was Muslim. It was merely a reflection of that community (for example, some were Eastern European and non-Muslim Asian). There was no conspiracy. West Ham was simply making football more affordable.

Rose has rightly condemned those who pushed the inflammatory story about “Muslim-only” tickets:

Predictably, one of the people who played an active part in spreading this rumour was former English Defence League leader (and supposed ex-extremist) Stephen Lennon, aka “Tommy Robinson”, who took to Twitter to try and stir things up:

To back up this story, Lennon tweeted a photo of one of the reduced-price tickets supposedly sold exclusively to Muslims. The photo was then used by the popular (unofficial) West Ham News Twitter account as evidence that “People from the local mosque get tickets for £5, whereas we have to pay up to £52″.

Such behaviour is par for the course with Lennon. When he led the EDL he regularly used social media to spread baseless rumours about Muslims. In May he claimed that a 7-year-old girl had been gang-raped in a Luton school toilet by Muslims. In June, he accused Muslims of having launched a “violent attack on innocent English boys and girls” in Ashton-Under-Lyne. In July Lennon was at it again, accusing the Barnsley Chronicle of covering up the fact that an assault on a serving soldier was carried out by Muslims. Needless to say, all of these rumours turned out to be false.

So how did Lennon’s NBF, Maajid Nawaz of Quilliam, respond to his protégé’s irresponsible tweeting? Did he perhaps pull “Tommy” up on it and warn him against falling back into his old ways? Not a bit of it. As Steve Rose has pointed out, Nawaz immediately jumped in to support Lennon, accusing West Ham of “discrimination” against non-Muslims:

All this just reinforces the argument that Lennon hasn’t changed his opinions and methods at all. He remains the same anti-Muslim provocateur that he was when he led the EDL. As for Quilliam, they have justified their alliance with Lennon on the basis that under their influence he will gradually be won away from his former extremist views. What really seems to be happening is the reverse – far from Quilliam influencing Lennon, it’s Lennon who’s now influencing Quilliam.
See also:

Quote:
The "beautiful game" wasn't so beautiful at the West Ham stadium last Saturday.

A group of Muslim West Ham supporters were harassed by fellow fans of the football team as they took a moment to observe afternoon prayers in the concourse area of the stadium, ten minutes before halftime. A video shows the disturbing attack, which ironically occurred after West Ham invited local groups to watch the game with discounted tickets through West Ham United Community Sports Trust, which focuses on community outreach.

The video shows a small group of Muslims gathered for prayer in corner under the stands, when their worship sparked the anger of fellow fans.

"Are you f***ing serious?" shouted one man. "What is this? Hey! What is that?" Though some of the worshippers turned their heads to look, they didn't respond to the provocation, and continued praying. In response, the man filming started a chant of "Irons! Irons," the club's nickname, ostensibly to disrupt the prayer.

Aamir (last name not provided) told anti-Muslim hatred hotline Tell Mama that the angry fans got even more aggressive afterwards, shouting, "F***ing p*kis, go home!" and chanting "E..., E..., EDL," which stands for the English Defense League, a far-right group that is notoriously against immigrants and Muslims. He said that the incident got physical, as the abusive fans roughly broke up prayer lines and pushed people into corners.

In the wake of the incident an EDL Facebook post defended the actions of the aggressive fans, declaring, "A football club's religion is football, not Islam."

Security, who had allowed the small group of Muslims to conduct brief prayers there in the first place, had to radio for support as police and additional staff arrived.

As the video was shared online, social media flared up with conspiracy theories, claiming that the reason the prayers took place was because West Ham had offered specially discounted tickets to Muslims at only £5 versus the usual going rate of about £52.

A post on an EDL Facebook page claimed, "They charged their fans over £50+ to attend as always. For the first time however they decided to give 500 tickets to locally based Muslims at £5 a person and sold them via local mosques and Islamic centres without telling West Ham fans. Seems West Ham want to build up a Muslim support before moving to the 60,000 capacity Olympic Stadium up the road in a couple of years time."

In fact, West Ham has a well-established and highly commended foundation, the West Ham United Community Sports Trust, which offers discounted tickets to many groups as part of its 'Football for All" initiative. BBC reports, "Amir was among hundreds of organizations in East London who were offered discounted tickets to the match by West Ham. The club's been working really hard to make the game more inclusive, and to invite the local community to enjoy the games."

In response to the incident, local member of Parliament Jim Fitzpatrick called on Premier League clubs to invest in prayer rooms for fans, to better accommodate religious practices. A longtime fan of West Ham, he said, "“It’s pretty disturbing that people who were observing their religion appear to have been intimidated. It would be great for anybody who wishes to observe their religion to have somewhere to go so they’re not at risk of hugely insensitive behavior or worse.”

Newcastle United announced earlier this year that it was building a prayer room for its Muslim players, and Bayern Munich, reigning Champions League winner, has decided to build a mosque at its headquarters, reports Express.

"I would also love to sit down with those responsible, have a civil chat, and explain that I was there to support West Ham and did not expect any favors because I am Muslim," said Amir. "Dialogue is important. I hope it brings understanding."
h t t p://w w w.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/25/west-ham-muslim-prayer_n_4163567.html

Old October 26th, 2013 #2238
Cora McGuire

Quote:
anti-Muslim hatred hotline Tell Mama
"tell Mama", really?

Old October 28th, 2013 #2239
john-connor
Banned

Default New row between LSE and BBC as ex-EDL leader Tommy Robinson turns up to film lecture

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8907467.html

A new dispute has erupted between the London School of Economics (LSE) and the BBC, after former English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson turned up unannounced to a lecture on human rights in the Muslim world with a cameraman making a documentary for the corporation.

Mr Robinson’s presence at last Wednesday’s talk by Karima Bennoune, an Algerian-American professor in international law, was criticised by the head of the LSE’s human rights centre, who said it had “risked causing public disruption around a highly controversial figure at an event aimed at opposing violence and extremism”.

The BBC was at odds with the LSE earlier this year when the university accused Panorama journalists of putting its students in danger by filming undercover during a study trip to North Korea.

Chetan Bhatt, the director of the LSE’s Centre for the Study of Human Rights, said he had consented to a request from a film crew he understood was working for the BBC to attend the lecture as part of a documentary on Maajid Nawaz, the chairman of the Quilliam Foundation, a counter-extremism think-tank which choreographed Mr Robinson’s surprise departure from the EDL earlier this month.

“I agreed on condition that they would focus the filming on Nawaz and not obstruct the audience or stewards. At no point was I or any of my colleagues informed that Tommy Robinson was part of this documentary and would be in attendance,” said Professor Bhatt.

Jonathan Russell, Quilliam’s political liaison officer, who attended the lecture, said he understood Mr Robinson’s attendance had been cleared with organisers by Coelus Media, the independent company behind the documentary.

The BBC confirmed Coelus Media and Aaqil Ahmed, the corporation’s head of religion and ethics, had discussed a possible documentary about Mr Nawaz and Mr Robinson, the subject of another BBC programme charting his split with the EDL.

It said: “This project is in the very early stages of development by an independent production company, and there was never intention to mislead. If the programme is commissioned, any footage filmed at the LSE on 23 October will not be used.”

Coelus Media said it was talking to the BBC and was not prepared to comment.

Mr Robinson, who sat the back of the lecture theatre alongside Kevin Carroll, his cousin and EDL co-founder, told The Independent afterwards: “I’ve just come along to listen. I wanted to hear first-hand what Muslim women are experiencing. It’s interesting to hear how much Muslims are suffering because I’ve always been focused on us.”

Ms Bennoune is a former legal adviser to Amnesty International whose book, Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here, tells the stories of ordinary people taking a stand against Islamist fundamentalism.

“I didn’t know that he was there until afterwards and the EDL and the far right are utterly repugnant to me. I would prefer the story is about the people in my book because he has absolutely nothing to do with them whatsoever,” she said.

Old October 28th, 2013 #2240
Henry.

Quote:
The BBC confirmed Coelus Media and Aaqil Ahmed, the corporation’s head of religion and ethics, had discussed a possible documentary about Mr Nawaz and Mr Robinson, the subject of another BBC programme charting his split with the EDL.
British soldiers giving the fascist salute in front of City of London flags in Afghanistan; meanwhile immigrant Muslims are cutting the heads off their comrades on London streets and controlling the religious and ethical programming of the nation....

This fucking nightmare is like some miserable Jewish sitcom that drags on for year after year after year after....

Tags
#1, 9/11, 9/11 memorial, birmingham, choudary, edl, english defence league, halal, islam, kev carroll, kosher, london, mac, protest, state, tommy robinson, uaf, us embassy, woolwich

Thread