VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 5th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Organic Food

[By implying, but not proving, their foods are more wholesome, morally produced, or less poisonous, companies are able to charge higher prices for their goods than they are actually worth.]

Because of the balance of global wealth and power, there is a general assumption that white people are pretty shrewd. And for the most part, history has proven this to be true. But white people have one great weakness: organic food.

As seen by the image on the left - when faced with eating food that has been processed and loaded with nitrates, sodium and saturated fat, or organic rat poison, 10/10 they will take the rat poison.

Just like with farmers markets, white people believe that organic food is grown by farmers who wear overalls, drive tractors, and don’t use pesticide. In spite of the fact that most organic food is made by major agribusiness, and they just use it as an excuse to jack up prices, white people will always lose their mind for organic anything. Never mind the fact that if the world were to switch to 100% organic food tomorow, half the earth would die of starvation.

But white people don’t care, just so long as they aren’t eating pesticides they are pretty sure they can live forever.

It’s almost guaranteed that if some Columbian drug lord can start offering “organic” cocaine, he’ll be the richest guy ever.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpres...-organic-food/

Old March 9th, 2008 #2
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Well, look at the pharmaceutical industry...

We had that crud that's going around-- 60 to 90-day viral upper & lower respiratory slime and my wife got antibiotics for a secondary bacterial infection. The prescription said "Retail $99.89, you saved _______." So, I went online and found West Coast Drugs or some such business name. Turns out they are in India and have drugs shipped overnight from a warehouse in the U.S. with stock from the usual manufacturers. People have been going to Canada and Mexico for years, where prices are lower than in the U.S. for the same drugs. I'm now convinced that going to the corner drug store is paying a stupid tax. Why we permit cartels to control essentials and prey on our people, I'll never know.

It stands to reason that, if we can save health insurance from being ripped-off by the pharmaceutical industry, insurance costs SHOULD go down. But maybe their profits will just go up.

I'm going to try it next time and insist on some samples from the doc to tide me over for a day or so. Antibiotics every few years are about all I've ever used but when you need 'em you need 'em.

By the way, I was able to use grapefruit seed extract, which is very nasty but I think did the trick, along with colloidal silver-- made with a silver dollar and a 9-Volt battery, just for good measure, when I had what I think would have been a fatal case of salmonella and was where I was unable to get antibiotics. I was literally losing consciousness, I was so weak, and it turned around overnight by the time I was able to marshal help to get to a doctor.

Last edited by -JC; March 9th, 2008 at 09:02 PM.

Old April 22nd, 2008 #3
A.S.
Diligence

Default How about 'supplements'?

Supplement scams could fill up this entire board. Coral calcium, protein powders, etc. etc.

Old April 22nd, 2008 #4
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltSoldier88 View Post
Supplement scams could fill up this entire board. Coral calcium, protein powders, etc. etc.
Nothing wrong with taking supplements. I take several, including protein powder (whey only; not soy).

The scam takes hold when the hucksters try and convince you that their supplement is a cure-all for whatever ails you, and the price is magnified accordingly (as in coral calcium).

Old September 19th, 2008 #5
Mr.X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltSoldier88 View Post
I love the bodybuilders with their favorite supplement in the mags. Wouldn't you love to see a drug test given at the same time of the photo shoot with the phony supplement? Gee. mr. o won the contest thanks to so and so supplement. Even though the sup was just released a few months before.

Old October 18th, 2008 #6
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
I love the bodybuilders with their favorite supplement in the mags. Wouldn't you love to see a drug test given at the same time of the photo shoot with the phony supplement? Gee. mr. o won the contest thanks to so and so supplement. Even though the sup was just released a few months before.
Over 99% of fitness product models have had liposuction.

Old June 3rd, 2012 #7
McKinley
coast to coast WN

People that think they are so smart get suckered by this scam every day.

I asked google if the organic system was a fraud and got all of these links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mC57Gs_M&mvs=0

This article is pretty telling.
http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery...s/organic.html

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old June 3rd, 2012 #8
Squarehead Chris

I knew a guy named John in the 80's.
He once owned a "health food" store in San Francisco in the early 70's.
He said that nobody would buy any produce or fruit that looked "too good".
He said that they we're certian it was "government pesticide garbage".
So as a result, he would go down the street to the local Safeway and collect the produce/fruits they had thrown out for his "store".
He said the people (hippies) ate it up.
He also said he would go down to that same Safeway and buy a large plastic package of brown rice, and take it back to his store, and package it in one pound brown paper lunch bags as "Organic brown rice", and sell it for ten times the price!

Stupid fucking hippies!

P.S. Hipsters are just as stupid.

Old July 28th, 2014 #9
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Don't waste your money on organic food: Government says frozen vegetables are just as nutritious

Quote:
  • Struggling shoppers told they are better off buying more fruit and veg
  • Government says conventional crops are in no way 'nutritionally inferior'
  • Calls for Defra to end £20million in subsidies to organic industry
  • Lib Dem Lord Taverne says industry ‘owes more to myth than evidence

Thread