Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 10th, 2007 #1
Seanathan

Default Most Rap Music Is Simply Abominable

The show is nearing its close and the mood is one of easy candor. It has been a good show. The topic has been music, at length rap music. A caller eloquently describes a local artist who "really captures the feeling of this 'hood" with a song composed of a single measure of canned drum beats, and a monotonous synthesizer melody. The rest is only the angry shouting of some black man, which is difficult to parse into separate words, save for the "motherfuckers" and "niggas" that are spread liberally throughout, particularly 3/4 of the way through. I'm asked in passing whether I like rap music. "I hate it," I say casually.

This seems to be politely ignored at first, but shortly thereafter I'm referred to as one who "dislikes" rap music when they talk about how its content and profanity may make this artist's music "not for everybody".

"I don't want to say I dislike it," I say. Of course. A palpable sigh of relief can be felt from the others: to admit a dislike of rap music is to brand oneself a racist, and generally an asshole. The caller amiably begins saying something, "his conditions couldn't provide him the recording facili-tease to more better put down his...", but I interrupt him:

"I fucking hate rap music".

Why? They ask. I say that there's no beauty and no skill to it. My disdain for rap artists seems to infuriate the caller, who replies "I grew up in hell, mister! All my life i've been in this shit, i'm from the streets!"

I mock him. "When I was a little kid I worked my fucking fingers bloody picking radioactive broccoli crowns on the planet Sh'tBabu! I was abducted by aliens when I was eighteen months old".

This naturally infuriates the caller even more and is about to pummel me with obscenities, when the show's host gently re-states the guy's point: "i think what he means, Tommy, is that this music represents for him the difficulties faced by those in the inner city". I really don't think the caller understood what the host said, but that he only readily assumed it was right because he heard "inner city" and used "big words" like "represent" and "difficulty". i hear him bleat "yeah yeah" on the phone.

I say "that's irrelevant", a bit foolishly. I doubt anyone there besides the host knew what that word meant, and I was interrupted in consequence by one of the other guests: "yeah, an' it's great ta hear someone representin' your home town, y'know what I'm sayin?".

"Exactly. Exactly," the caller said. "People go through hell in the hood, and--"

"I don't care," I say loudly. "No one cares where and how you grew up. It's no excuse for making bad music".

They trot out the predictable army of injustices against minorities and the poor. I remind them that we're talking about music, and compare their situation to that of the Jews who survived the Holocaust. Would Anne Frank's diary have been as important if it was grammatically horrendous, and mostly about how she fucks the young man that's hiding with her family? "an den hiz dik he pulld outta my pridddy Joowish Snatch cos da Gestapo dey dey be nokkin at da dough".

"no one likes to say they dislike rap music because they're afraid of the vicious assholes who love it", I say. "that alone is enough to hate it, since it's like a law that you must like rap music. But it's much worse. The rap I hate is the crap that celebrates allowing yourself to become a sub-human piece of shit. hugely excessive drinkin', smokin' "blunts", really stupid displays of wealth, gross ignorance, and an unquestioning reverence for fucking and status as the ultimate goal of life.

"you say that you suffered so much because of the place you had to grow up in, and that really does suck, bro," I say to the livid guy on the phone. "But now, when I assume you have the freedom to move the hell out of there, you love music that rejoices in the shit that made your neighborhood such an awful place to live in the first place?" To my surprise, there is a pause. He really understood what I said.

What we've got are a bunch of crazy assholes who blame their problems on everyone and everything, except themselves. There's never been a shortage of this, but these rap fans are a breed of exquisitely distilled lunacy in that they're not only emotional toddlers, but are also violent and incredibly stupid. I don't want to live in a world with niggers, which is what these people are: not necessarily black, but selfish, stupid, lazy, and fucking worthless.

I'd rather listen to a war prisoner get tortured to death, than to a "song" by 50 cent or Ludakris. It's the anthem for barbarians, and for their reclaiming of the world; of course never mind that after they kill so many people, they can no longer enjoy many of the comforts provided by technology because they're god-damned retarded. I think inner-city programs constructed to change behavior through environment are a misguided waste of time. These people don't want to change, cannot change; they lack the brain power. Someone should bomb the areas where they coagulate, like toadstools in a disused cellar corner.

I went too far with the bombing thing, I knew. I didn't control myself. It's what I really think, anyway. but instead of a wary accusation of being "sick", they actually pursue the argument further: "you would saturation-bomb entire neighborhoods because of their taste in music?"

"no," i say. "it's not like how we bombed Afghanistan. it's more like fumigating a house infested with termites". I'm bored and upset, pre-emptively steeling myself for the waves of condemnation which certainly do come immediately afterward: "Nazi", "Hitler", "crazy honky muthafucka", "fukkin grand wizard bitch", "rich white bitch", "goan fuck you in your tiny white ass, little cracka", "Kramer", ad nauseum.

"But I don't want to destroy these people because they're black. I want to destroy them because they're human garbage who think nothing of acts lower than the most wretched creature on the planet. Any innocents accidentally killed would be well worth a successful extermination".

Old January 11th, 2007 #2
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
"But now, when I assume you have the freedom to move the hell out of there, you love music that rejoices in the shit that made your neighborhood such an awful place to live in the first place?"
*clap*clap*

Old January 11th, 2007 #3
Oy Ze Hate
We're the Good Guys

"Me not that kind of orc."

http://www.amren.com/rap/rap1.htm

Thread