VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 27th, 2006 #1
Action Alert

Action Alert
Thumbs up Richard Scarry-Eurocentric kids books

Any guy who draws a cat wearing Leiderhosen is okay by me!
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/au...ichard-scarry/
Quote:
Racial issues began to surface when Random House re-released Busy, Busy World. This picture book had been a pinnacle of achievement for Scarry when he was at Golden Books. It was a labor of love, incorporating his fondness for travel and appreciation for other cultures. But changing times and buckets of hate mail at Random House suggested that characters like Manuel of Mexico (with a pot of refried beans stuck on his head), Ah-Choo the near-sighted panda bear from Hong Kong, and Angus the Scottish bagpiper were no longer acceptable role models for children. Random House quietly subtracted some of Scarry's best stories from future distribution, including the much-loved vignette of Patrick Pig, who shouts "UP THE IRISH" after kissing the Blarney stone. That story can be found in earlier copies of Golden Book's Busy Busy World, in the remainder bin of your local thrift store.

Scarry never received a single award. None of his drawings were ever selected by the New York Times as among the best of the year, and he never won a Caldecott Honor. It was widely considered among awards committees that not only was he too popular, he sold too many books. The millions of dollars he earned were considered his "reward" - his great success disqualifying him from being eligible.

Old March 28th, 2006 #2
LUX
Genetically Wealthy

LUX

I was 7 years old when my older sister who had just graduated from college gave me a Richard Scary book.

When this book was written around 1970 America around 87.4% White.
10 years later 83.1%, in 1980.
The Reagan/Bush years led us to 75.6% by 1990.
Bill Clinton was on the clock while Whites fell to 69.1% in 2000.

Whites are projected to make up around 63% of the population by the next census.

Richard Scary's America was murdered because our parents were bedazzled by the jewish lie machine, the television.

Old March 28th, 2006 #3
dianedeutsch
Absolutely Evil

dianedeutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronza
Goodness, but you are bringing back memories for me! Scarry's books are the best children's books in our household; they are just ragged from use.
Same here. I got all of my Scarry books from my cousin, who had gotten them from his older siblings. I had them read to me/read them for years, then passed them down to my kids. At this point, there's too many layers of tape to count holding those books together. 8 different kids learned to love to read because of a single author and the same 2 books passed amongst each other.
and which bridge to burn.

Old March 28th, 2006 #4
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Frank Toliver

Richard Scarry books were pure genius, I remember so fondly reading them with my mother, and learning so much. My mother even made me a lowly the worm stuffed animal. Only worm who wore a german cap.

Great memories.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old March 28th, 2006 #5
Action Alert

Action Alert

Howbout some of Dora's fellow border jumpers, Maya & Miguel?

Old March 28th, 2006 #6
dianedeutsch
Absolutely Evil

dianedeutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Alert
Howbout some of Dora's fellow border jumpers, Maya & Miguel?
How about not? :box:

BTW, Nice Sportacus avatar!
and which bridge to burn.

Old March 28th, 2006 #7
Action Alert

Action Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedeutsch
BTW, Nice Sportacus avatar!
Sportacus, fighting for fitness and a jew-free world!

Old March 28th, 2006 #8
Action Alert

Action Alert

Here's the popular Dora the Reconquista...

and Diego "Go Diego Go"(that looks a little too clean to be the Rio Grande)...

I always found these guys more believable...

Old March 29th, 2006 #9
LUX
Genetically Wealthy

LUX

My daughter's potty seat happens to be a Dora the Explorer model given as a baby shower gift.

I tell her, "Go poop on Dora." or "Go pee on Dora."

The jews aren't the only ones allowed to do subliminal programming.

Old March 30th, 2006 #10
Itz_molecular
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUX
My daughter's potty seat happens to be a Dora the Explorer model given as a baby shower gift.

I tell her, "Go poop on Dora." or "Go pee on Dora."

The jews aren't the only ones allowed to do subliminal programming.
HEHEHE, that is GREAT !

Reminds me of the 'Chamber Pots' that the Confederates had , with famous Union Generals and Lincoln's picture at the bottom . A double relief

Old April 1st, 2006 #11
Xuxalina Rihhia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz_molecular
HEHEHE, that is GREAT !

Reminds me of the 'Chamber Pots' that the Confederates had, with famous Union Generals and Lincoln's picture at the bottom. A double relief
I gotta get me one of those...how about a chamberpot with Jewboy bin Bush's face on it?:cheers:

Thread