VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 27th, 2019 #81
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Eiffel 65 is an Italian music group consisting of Jeffrey Jey, Maurizio Lobina and Gabry Ponte. They gained global popularity with their hit singles "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" and "Move Your Body", from their 1999 studio album Europop. The singles reached number one in many countries, while the album peaked at number four on the Billboard 200 chart.
(...)
Over the course of their career, the group won a World Music Award in 2000 for the World Best Selling Italian Group, and a B.M.I U.S.A in Los Angeles, rewarding the most-broadcast song on radio in the United States. They were also nominated at the Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for "Blue (Da Ba Dee)".[1] Europop was crowned as the greatest album of the 1990s by Channel 4.[2]

Eiffel 65 also composed remixes of numerous popular songs, and they recorded "One Goal", one of the official songs of the UEFA Euro 2000, and "Living In My City", for the 2006 Winter Olympics. With more than 20 million copies sold[3] and many gold, platinum and diamond records, Eiffel 65 is one of Italy's most popular electronic groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_65

Quote:
"Blue (Da Ba Dee)" is a song by Italian music group Eiffel 65. It was first released in October 1998 in Italy by Bliss Corporation and became internationally successful the following year.[1] It is the lead single of their debut album Europop. The song is the group's most popular single, reaching number one in many countries such as Ireland, the United Kingdom,[3] the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Switzerland, New Zealand, Finland, Norway, Australia, Germany and Hungary, as well as reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States in January 2000.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(Da_Ba_Dee)

Old June 29th, 2019 #82
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Here's a new version of the fantastic dance/trance/techno song Dr Feelgood:

I have to say, though, that the original is much better.

Old June 29th, 2019 #83
Man of the road

Man of the road

90's Eurodance had edgy beats but it was laced with cult-Marx filth from top to bottom, from the multi-culti messages to the WF/BM pairings:

Captain Hollywood Project
2 Brothers on the 13th Floor
Cool James & Black Teacher
Loft

I am sure there are more I forgot about at the moment. I will say that DJ Bobo was/is the best rapper I have ever heard. He hits like a machine gun- starts at 0:54 mark:

While not the same genre Scooter is a good group with a more or less neutral tenor, just like E-Type. I saw them live the two times they came to Chicago.

Tyranny is disguised as compassion.

Old June 30th, 2019 #84
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of the road View Post
90's Eurodance had edgy beats but it was laced with cult-Marx filth from top to bottom, from the multi-culti messages to the WF/BM pairings:

Captain Hollywood Project
2 Brothers on the 13th Floor
Cool James & Black Teacher
Loft

I am sure there are more I forgot about at the moment.
Well, there are some Eurodance groups/acts that are racially mixed (although I guess I should say were, since we're talking about the early and mid-1990s). Some of them consist(ed) of a female white singer and a black rapper, and yes, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't change the fact that Eurodance music is fantastic.

Regarding the songs' lyrics, I would say that most of the ones that I've heard are apolitical. Some have a message that could be considered mildly pro-multicultural, like Ice MC's amazing hit song Think About the Way, although it doesn't actually promote race-mixing, it's more like: there are many peoples/races in the world, they're all equal and should live in peace.

Quote:
I will say that DJ Bobo was/is the best rapper I have ever heard. He hits like a machine gun- starts at 0:54 mark:
https://youtu.be/_9f3dmWsjWQ
Let The Dream Come True is a great Eurodance song, and I'm glad that ColdFire posted it in his OP. People need to see this.

Quote:
While not the same genre Scooter is a good group with a more or less neutral tenor, just like E-Type.
Ah yes, E-Type. I used to listen to him when I was a teenager, and I posted some of his hit songs in this thread. Scooter is pretty good too.

Quote:
I saw them live the two times they came to Chicago.
That's amazing.

Old July 3rd, 2019 #85
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Since we're talking about Eurodance, I have to post Around the World (La La La La La) by the talented ATC:

Ah, the memories...

Quote:
"Around the World (La La La La La)" is the debut single by German Eurodance group ATC (also known as A Touch of Class). The song is a cover of the Russian hit "Pesenka" by Ruki Vverh! and uses the song's melody with additional English lyrics. Both songs feature the phrase "la la la la la" in a call and response format.

The song is ATC's most successful single, reaching the top 20 in most countries where it was released.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Around...a_La_La_La_La)

Old July 4th, 2019 #87
Man of the road

Man of the road

I have been listening to some mid 2000's stuff lately along with the remixed versions. Reminds of the MP3 CD days.

Old July 6th, 2019 #88
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Here's another good Eurodance song by E-Type:

Old July 9th, 2019 #89
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Here's an extended version of Earthbound's fantastic trance song One Nation, Trance Nation:

Yeah, the original is better, but still...

Old July 10th, 2019 #90
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Here's the excellent Nightcore version of the Austrian dance act Fantasy Project's song Dam Dadi Doo:

Dam Dadi Doo - Nightcore Single Mix

Fantasy Project

Dam dadi doo dam dam didoodi dam (4)

When the morning come come
I'm dancing like a dumb dumb
And when the groove is high
when dummies jump to sky

if you feel the groove groove
the dummies have to move move
can you feel the beat the beat the beat

You never tell me what is wrong
'cause now it's time to be alone
let me love you everyday
so long you let the dummies play

dance to the beat dance dance to the beat (2)

Dam dadi doo dam dam didoodidam (4)

Dance dance to the beat

They tell me let's come home home
The party going on on
We only have to dance
Do dummies fall in trance

If you feel the groove groove
The dummies have to move move
Can you feel the beat the beat the beat

You never tell me what is wrong
'cause now it's time to be alone
Let me love you everyday
So long you let the dummies play

Dance to the beat dance dance to the beat (2)

Dam dadi doo dam dam didoodidam (8)

Never tell me what is wrong
Let me love you everyday

Dam dadi doo dam dam didoodidam (4)

Last edited by Stewart Meadows; July 15th, 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Old July 10th, 2019 #91
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Here's the excellent Nightcore version of the Austrian dance act Fantasy Project's song Dam Dadi Doo:
The Nightcore version is even better than the original, in my opinion.

Old July 12th, 2019 #92
Man of the road

Man of the road

I just discovered this when listening to a Euro Nation mix.

EN is from Toronto. It reminds me of Dance Factory that plays or at least used to play in Chicago every night from 9PM to 5AM on 92.7 and 99.9.

Old July 13th, 2019 #93
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Thank you for posting those great Eurodance songs, Man of the road.

Quote:
Here's the original version:

Old 3 Weeks Ago #96
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
André Tanneberger (German pronunciation: [ʔanˈdʁeː ˈtanəbɛʁɡɐ];[2] born 26 February 1973),[3] better known by his stage name ATB, is a German DJ, musician, and producer of electronic dance music and trance. According to the official world DJ rankings governed by DJ Magazine, ATB was ranked #11 in 2009[4] and 2010, and #15 in 2011.[5] In 2011, he was ranked as world number 1 according to "The DJ List".[6] He is best known for his 1999 single "9 PM (Till I Come)" which was a number one single in the United Kingdom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATB

Old 3 Weeks Ago #97
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

That last song brings back good memories from the late 1990s...

Thread