VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 6th, 2010 #21
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Default Jewish reference group questioned

Plans for the Jewish Community Council of Victoria (JCCV) to set up a GLBT Reference group have been met with scepticism from GLBT Jewish group, Aleph.

In a press release, JCCV president John Searle stated that on December 16 members of the Jewish GLBT community had agreed to setting up the group to “bring disconnected Jews back to [the Jewish] community”.

Michael Barnett of Aleph Melbourne accused Searle of being disingenuous.

“The decision to set up a reference group was taken at a meeting to which Aleph wasn’t even invited,” Barnett told MCV. “We had a meeting on December 3 which turned out pretty horribly. Subsequently Searle emailed me and said he didn’t want to deal with me any more.”

In the email – seen by MCV – Searle accused Barnett of continuing to “criticise, undermine and discredit the JCCV”.

“At our meeting Searle plainly stated that the Jewish religion had one specific viewpoint on homosexuality – it doesn’t condone it,” Barnett said. “That completely ignores the diversity of opinion among conservative and progressive Jews.”

Barnett said he believed Searle was in an “unfortunate situation”.

“[Searle] is trying to do his best by everyone, it seems, but really he’s trying to do his best by the orthodox community, which is where most of the funding comes from.”

Barnett said until the issue of orthodox intolerance was addressed things would not improve for GLBT Jews.

“It’s not about bringing people back into the fold, it’s not about being nice to us,” Barnett said. “It’s about tackling a huge issue [intolerance].”

http://mcv.e-p.net.au/news/jewish-re...oned-6785.html

Old August 13th, 2012 #22
Alex Linder
Administrator

Australia to deport boat asylum seekers to Pacific islands

Julia Gillard's government accepts experts' recommendations to reopen processing camps on Nauru and Manus Island

Alison Rourke in Sydney
13 August 2012

Asylum seekers who try to arrive by boat in Australia will be deported to remote islands in the Pacific under tough new proposals to deter refugees from reaching the country by sea.

In a significant U-turn for the ruling Labor party, Julia Gillard said her government had accepted the recommendations of a panel of experts to reopen processing camps on Nauru and Papua New Guinea's Manus Island.

Legislation to enable deportation of asylum seekers would be introduced when parliament resumed on Tuesday, the prime minister said.

The decision came after months of political wrangling which came to a head in June when two boats carrying refugees capsized north of Christmas Island within a week of each other, killing at least 90 people.

Gillard, like the opposition Conservative party, argued that refugees should be processed offshore, but the two main parties differed over exactly where. Without a majority in parliament – and without the support of the Greens (who hold the balance of power and oppose offshore processing), Gillard was unable to get legislation through parliament.

On Monday Gillard said her government had accepted the recommendations of the expert panel convened six weeks ago to find a political solution. "What this report is calling on parliamentarians to do is to compromise and to act. This report is telling us not to stay in our fixed positions but to act and get things done," she said. "When our nation looks at what is happening at sea, too many lives have been lost."

The announcement drew immediate condemnation from human rights groups, who say it would be a breach of Australia's international obligations.

Pamela Curr, of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, described the report as "a comprehensive package of harm".

"People will still drown. What this [report] is making sure is that people drown elsewhere and don't drown right in front of us," she said.

More than 600 refugees have drowned in the past three years.

The panel recommended refugees be sent to Nauru and Manus Island for processing as a disincentive to others considering undertaking the dangerous voyage to Australia.

"We recommend a policy approach that is hard-headed but not hard-hearted. That is realistic not idealistic. That is driven by a sense of humanity as well as fairness," said the panel's chair, retired Air Chief Marshall Angus Houston.

The panel recommended that the changes to asylum policy should be part of a comprehensive regional framework that could later include Malaysia, provided safeguards and accountability measures governing the current agreement with Kuala Lumpur could be strengthened.

It said the government should apply the principle of "no advantage" to ensure no benefit was gained through "circumventing regular migration arrangements".

Gillard said: "You need to equalise treatment for asylum seekers so you don't get a better deal if you get on a boat."

The panel also recommended increasing Australia's humanitarian intake from 13,750 a year to 20,000, rising to 27,000 over five years, as an incentive for refugees to apply through regular immigration channels. Turning back asylum boats to where they came from was not a safe option at the moment, it said.

Human rights groups said the recommendations were in breach of Australia's international legal obligations.

"Penalising people based on their mode of arrival is clearly in breach of our obligations," Graham Thom, of Amnesty International, told ABC television. "We are only talking about people who come by boat, we're not talking about the thousands of people who come by plane and seek asylum in this country. What we are doing is penalising one particular group and actually taking them to a very remote place where we know they've been damaged in the past and holding them hostage to stop other people from coming."

The UNHCR said it would need to study in more detail the proposals for offshore processing. "However, the efficacy and integrity of such proposals will need to be assessed against their ability to deliver effective protection outcomes to refugees identified as needing protection under international law, not least through the 1951 refugee convention to which Australia is a party," it said in a statement.

The Conservative opposition spokesman on immigration, Scott Morrison, said the panel's findings amounted to an endorsement of his party's policies and gave the government "the opportunity to fix the mess they've made" by resuming the previous Conservative government's policy of offshore processing.

The Greens, who hold the balance of power in parliament, welcomed the recommendation of increasing the number of humanitarian places for refugees, but condemned offshore processing. "This is about a policy that strips out legal protections in Australian law," said the party's leader, Christine Milne. The Greens would not be party to something that was "cruel to people" and "sets up a chain of detention centres right across the Pacific", she said.

This month 650 refugees have been picked up trying to reach Australia by boat. The annual number of arrivals by boat represents about 2% of Australia's total migration.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...acific-islands

Old August 13th, 2012 #23
Dakota Dave

"We recommend a policy approach that is hard-headed but not hard-hearted. That is realistic not idealistic. That is driven by a sense of humanity as well as fairness,"

I recommend ill tempered sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Old August 18th, 2012 #24
Alex Linder
Administrator

Nazi suspect in Australia wins extradition fight

By REUTERS, JPOST.COM STAFF
LAST UPDATED: 08/15/2012 17:55

Canberra's highest court blocks extradition on technicality that "war crimes" weren't codified at time of alleged murders.

CANBERRA - An alleged Nazi war criminal living in Australia won on Wednesday a long battle against the government's attempts to extradite him to Hungary to stand trial for the murder of a Jewish teenager.

Charles Zentai, now 90, was accused by Hungarian authorities of beating to death a Jewish teenager, Peter Balazs, in Budapest in 1944.
Related:

Australia's highest court ruled that Zentai could not be extradited to the country of his birth because the offense "war crime" did not exist in Hungarian law at the time the murder was alleged to have been committed.

Zentai, who migrated to Australia in 1950 and became an Australian citizen, has maintained his innocence throughout his legal challenge.

Zentai, a 23-year-old warrant officer in the pro-Nazi Hungarian military at the time of Balazs' death, said he was not in Budapest when the attack took place.

A spokesperson for Jason Clare, Australian Minister for Home Affairs, confirmed that Zentai would not be surrendered to Hungary.

A retired mental health nurse, Zentai was arrested by Australian police in 2005 after Hungary requested his extradition. Australia ordered in 2009 that Zentai be sent to Hungary, but the Federal Court overturned that ruling in 2011.

The government contested that decision, but Wednesday's court ruling threw out its appeal and leaves the government with no further challenges.

Zentai's family welcomed the ruling, but told Australian radio that they wanted the Australian government to apologize.

"As a soldier I just had to carry out orders ... but none of those orders I was given had anything to do with rounding up Jews or torturing them or anything like that," Zentai told Australian television in 2008.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center "harshly criticized" the Australian High Court's decision and questioned the basis for the rejection of the Hungarian extradition request.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center director and Nazi hunter Dr. Efraim Zuroff noted that "numerous Nazi war criminals had been extradited from countries of refuge to stand trial in Germany for crimes which had not yet been categorized as such when they were committed."

“Today’s unfortunate decision to refuse the Hungarian extradition request appears to ignore numerous legal precedents which in the past facilitated the prosecution of the leaders of the Third Reich and additional Nazi war criminals. In practical terms, it signals a dismal conclusion to Australia’s totally unsuccessful efforts to bring to justice any of the numerous Nazi war criminals who found refuge in the country. Today is a sad day for Australia, and for justice, but most of all for the Nazis’ victims, their families and those who empathize with their suffering," Zuroff stated.

On behalf of the The Simon Wiesenthal Center, Zuroff extended his sympathies to the family, "who tried to see justice achieved in this case, but were thwarted by the Australian authorities.”

http://www.jpost.com/International/A...aspx?id=281290

Old October 13th, 2012 #25
Bruce Howard
Banned

Default Article From The Age Newspaper, October 13,2012

We may be getting smarter but more animals are under threat

By Marc Moncrief Data Editor October 13, 2012 The Age Newspaper

Fitter, smarter but less productive and living in a less pristine environment, this is Australia in 2012, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

A 10 year compilation of statistics related to the quality of life in Australia shows we are living longer and making better money, and more of us are finishing our diplomas and degrees. "Today's figures show Australia is doing well in areas of the economy and society, but there are some areas where we've regressed," the ABS director of social and progress reporting, Sue Taylor said. Life expectancy has increased by 2.9 years for boys and two years for girls ( to 79.5 years and 84 respectively). The proportion of people with a bachelor degree or above has increased from 20 percent to 28 percent. Meanwhile, a measure of national income per capita, which has stagnated since 2008, last year leapt back in line with its pre-financial crisis trend.

This suggests a significant improvement in financial health, which CommSec economist Craig James reasoned was probably due to wages rising faster than prices. The nation has added nearly 3 million people in the past 10 years. Our numbers have swollen by 15 percent. Despite a record year for the number of applicants for citizenship in 2011-2012, a smaller proportion of residents born overseas are now Australian citizens than was the case 10 years ago. " The current residency requirement for citizenship is four years' residency in Australia immediately before applying," a spokesperson for Immigration Minister Chris Bowen said." So, though the number of migrants has been increasing steadily in the past few years, many are not yet eligible to apply for citizenship."

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...217-1axoj.html

On another measure of diversity-biodiversity-the nation is diminished. The number of threatened animal species has grown from 353 in 2001 to 439. For plants, the number has increased nearly 20 percent to 1344. World Wildlife Fund conservation scientists Dr Martin Taylor said the biodiversity figures were shameful, and probably understated. " There are tremendous lags," he said.

" There are many species that are threatened now but are not close to being on the list. That probably was the number 10 years ago."

And White IQ scores among students, has dropped by 2 points{ the mean}in 2008, since 1980 according to Professor James Flynn, of the University of Otago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...years-ago.html

Objective and direct evidence of 'dysgenic' decline in genetic 'g' (IQ)

http://iqpersonalitygenius.blogspot....idence-of.html

Old January 30th, 2013 #26
Alex Linder
Administrator

Australian multiculturalists are ashamed of Australia's British heritage. So they want to drop the Union Jack from their flag, and replace it with a hideous-looking South African-style rainbow flag. According to the Daily Mail, here's their proposed replacement:

http://whitereference.blogspot.com/2...s-want-to.html

Final of the Australian Open: classic Aryan Victoria Azarenka vs Chinese Na Li. Guess which one the white Australians cheered for?

Old September 9th, 2013 #27
Cora McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
When this antifa pyscho was arrested in Bulgaria the loonies over at FDB claimed him as one of their own.
Well, soon they will be able to send him fan mail . . . for the rest of his life.
Look at the facial structure and the eyes in the pix at the end of the link.
The face looks like that of a cave man and the eyes are clearly those of a psychotic.

http://indymedia.org.au/2011/03/30/c...-17th-of-april

Quote:
Three cheers for the Bulgarian authorities

Submitted by Sean (not verified) on Sun, 03/04/2011 - 10:13am.
He should get the death penalty for carrying and using a knife one more guttless scum bag off the streets three cheers for the Bulgarian authorities there is no reason to carry a knife only to stab somebody.Hopefully he wont make it out of jail alive an eye for a eye.

This thug stabbed two people in Australia in 2004

Submitted by Dean S (not verified) on Sun, 03/04/2011 - 10:35am.
Right on Sean this thug stabbed two people in Australia in 2004.
Why people are sticking up for scum who use knives has got me beat.
The person he killed in Bulgaria was stabbed in the back keep the dog locked up
If you cant fight with your fists dont fight at all

Old September 9th, 2013 #28
Cora McGuire

Old April 26th, 2014 #29
Alex Linder
Administrator

THIS GUY HAS BEEN TROLLING NEO-NAZIS FOR NEARLY A DECADE

By Nelson Groom
Apr 23 2014

Last month, an extreme right-wing party called Australia First posted details online of the man they believed to be behind the pseudonym Andy Fleming. For the past decade, "Fleming" has been aggravating local neo-Nazis. They aren’t particularly pleased. He’s received countless threats and racial abuse from them, which warrants his efforts to remain anonymous.

Studies show that racism is a mounting concern in Australia, and Fleming is a natural protagonist to rise against it. He decided to take a stand after seeing the racist underbelly of the punk scene in his hometown of Melbourne. In order to evade a curb stomp, he needed to veil his identity. Fleming resolved to use Anonymous-esque tactics to infiltrate these circles and disseminate his findings on his radio show and blog. In doing so, he has garnered quite a following (the latter has received more than 2.75 million views)—and Fleming is showing no signs of stopping any time soon.

I managed to speak with the man behind the alias to find out more about battling white supremacists down under.

VICE: How did you respond when you first saw the leak?
Andy Fleming: It’s not the first time these groups have misidentified me. There was one profile on my blog's Facebook page that was repeatedly making hostile comments. I kicked them off the page, and then the leak was uploaded on the Australia First website.

I received an email from the misidentified man, who told me he was receiving some ominous calls and messages. I invited him onto my radio show to clarify things, but many of them still aren’t buying it.

How did you become involved in challenging these groups?
I sort of fell into the role from the recommendation of others. I opened my blog, SlackBastard, around 2005, as a means of channeling my political opinions. Things sort of sprouted from there.

I understand you were broadcasting information about the groups on your radio show. What was the fallout from this?
There have been a number of threats towards the station. It’s a pre-recorded show, so if the groups were to come into the station, the DJ working at the time could be identified as me. This is obviously very precarious, but the station is supportive. We are in discussions at the moment about how we can work around it.

How does the punk scene relate to neo-Nazis?
There's an element of punk culture that is attractive to the extreme right wing. This peaked with the neo-Nazi movements in the late 80s, and there was a lot of conflicts at the gigs. But I like to think most punks uphold the Dead Kennedys slogan: “Nazi Punks Fuck Off.”

What sort of tactics have you used to protect yourself?
I sometimes disguise my IP address, and I never reveal my name or traceable details. A number of people I knew who have written about the far right have received a lot of resulting intimidation.

What is the worst threat you have received?
There have been lots of death threats. I published a compilation of these on my blog recently. There’s also a lot of abuse arising from my presumed status of being Jewish.

What is your biggest goal in doing this?
Promoting anti-fascism and anarchism. My own politics are deeply antithetical to fascism—we exist on opposite ends of the political spectrum—so promoting my views is very important to me.

How does the extreme white in Australia compare with groups in other Western countries, like the US or the UK?
Nazis are marginal in Western society. This is not the case in countries like Greece and Hungary. They're on the extreme end of the spectrum, and there are a number of similar parties popping up. This has been a growth in the likes of the Tea Party in America, UKIP in Britain, and in the past One Nation in Australia. These parties express similar concerns to fascism, without being as far right.

It could be mentioned that in the West, anti-semitism amongst neo-Nazis has been largely replaced by anti-Muslim sentiment, which has been informed by the War on Terror.

What are neo-Nazis orchestrating online?
Many of them are very active on social media—the biggest community being StormFront. Many of these groups organize events, meet-ups, and occasionally arrange to gate-crash far-left gatherings.

How often would you say bashings—like that of Vietnamese man Minh Duong—are occurring?
There have definitely been others incidents of migrant bashings in Melbourne, but it’s sometimes difficult to confirm the motives. It’s difficult to distinguish them from, say, a random beating. What’s really concerning is the popularization of the belief that these attacks are legitimized by the victims being non-white and non-Australian.

Recent studies expose that racism is the biggest concern of migrants living in Australia. In general, do you think racism is getting worse there?
I do. If you look at politics and the media, race is being deployed in a way that’s becoming increasingly vulgar and open. There’s a large rhetoric on protecting Australia’s borders, which invokes a lot of paranoia.

How would this be impacted by Prime Minister Tony Abbott's plan to amend the Racial Discrimination Act?

I think these changes would encourage those who had been reluctant to do so to more forcefully present racism, as it will be understood to be acceptable. It would make matters a lot worse.

I understand there is a distinction between skinheads and boneheads?
Skinheads developed in the UK in the late 60s and early 70s. Boneheads were the right-wing infiltration of the scene. It’s largely contradictory that white supremacism should be a part of the skinhead ideology, because it drew largely upon Jamaican culture in terms of fashion and music. Bonehead is a term for the skinheads who had betrayed the roots of the culture.

How should ethnic Australians go about avoiding these groups?
Swastikas are an obvious hint—but the reality is that it’s sometimes not apparent. In many places, neo-Nazis have adopted the fashions of the far left. It’s definitely not that easy to identify them.

They do have gatherings and concerts, so it’s obvious that you should avoid these like the plague. The group mentality always promotes violence.

http://www.vice.com/read/this-guy-ha...early-a-decade

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 26th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Old August 3rd, 2014 #30
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default Couple hires Thai surrogate mother of twins and leaves her & taxpayer with the Downertard:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...is-sister.html

Quote:
..."They told me to have an abortion but I didn't agree because I am afraid of sin," Mrs Pattharamon told Fairfax Media. She said abortion was against her Buddhist beliefs...

Old August 6th, 2014 #31
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

With millions of overseas workers expected to flood the labour market in the next five years, experts are concerned this will threaten the job prospects of Australians.

The Fair Work Ombudsman says an estimated 2.5 to 3.5 million foreigners will seek employment on Australian shores.

It comes as the workplace watchdog launches an investigation into allegations that overseas workers are being exploited by employers.

According to ombudsman Natalie James, it is believed local businesses are using the requirement that 417 visa holders must undertake 88 days of work to attract free labour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39abFL2Ee

Old September 23rd, 2014 #32
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

A DOZEN police had to keep anti mosque protesters and supporters apart at an emotion-charged rally on the Sunshine Coast today.

More than 500 people - about 80% of them against the Islamic mosque, converged on land near the Stella Maris Catholic Church to protest the mosque plan.

Supporters of the mosque sang iconic Australian tunes, prompting outrage from a few of the anti mosque movement.

Streets around the protest were blocked off by police while plain clothes and uniform police had to repeatedly warn anti-mosque protesters to tone their comments and anger down.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...osque/2393825/

Old November 15th, 2014 #33
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has caused an explosion of anger online after stating that before colonization in 1788, the country was “nothing except the bushes” – apparently forgetting about the country’s indigenous peoples.

“As we look around this glorious city, as we see the extraordinary development, it’s hard to think that back in 1788 it was nothing but bush and that marines and convicts and sailors…must have thought they’d come almost to the Moon,” he said at a breakfast meeting with British Prime Minister David Cameron in Sydney.

“Everything would have seemed so extraordinarily basic and raw,” he said.

On Friday, Aboriginal G20 protesters collected together to protest Aboriginal fatalities in police custody.

One protestor told Buzzfeed: “He’s kidding right, doesn’t he realize how much that offends us?”

“Abbott’s attitudes are the kind of crap that lead to the situation we’ve got at the moment. You’ve just seen why we are here today,” another said.

Social media expressed disbelief at his apparent ability to forget the country’s aboriginal history. “Wow just wow,” one Twitter user wrote.

“Tony Abbott's ‘nothing but bush’ comments appear illustrative of the value he places both on Indigenous rights & on the environment,” another wrote.

“Our Prime Minister just wrote rewrote Australian history,” said a third.

This is not the first time that Abbott has made such comments. In August, while launching a project on the 100 Defining Moments in Australian History at the National Museum of Australia, Abbott stated that “the arrival of the First Fleet was the defining moment in the history of this continent.”

“It was the moment this continent became part of the modern world,” Abbott said.

In response to Abbott's comment, the chair of the PM’s advisory panel, Warren Mundine, said at the time: “It was also a disastrous defining moment for Indigenous people.”

Since 1788, there has been a severe population decline. The forcible removal of Aboriginal children from their parents at various points has since led to the coining of the term “Stolen Generations.”

The fate of the Aboriginal population in Australia has prompted scholars such as Dirk Moses to explore the topic within the framework of genocide studies.

http://rt.com/news/205687-abbott-ind...s-people-bush/

Old November 16th, 2014 #34
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

The annual Report on Anti-Semitic Incidents in Australia, presented Sunday at the Executive Council of Australian Jewry’s annual general meeting, logged 312 incidents between October 2013 and September 2014, about a 35 percent increase from 231 incidents the previous year.

Much of the increase in incidents was triggered by Israel’s operation against Hamas in Gaza, and encouraged by the hostile media it generated, according to the report.

Of great concern was that the number of physical assaults tripled, according to the report’s author, Julie Nathan.

Among the most serious incidents was an attack on a group of five Orthodox Jews in Bondi as they were walking home from Shabbat dinner. In Melbourne, a 28-year-old man wearing a T-shirt with Hebrew on it was assaulted and called in Arabic a “Jewish dog.” In Perth, a visiting rabbi was confronted by a gang who threatened him and surrounded his car. And in Sydney, young school students were threatened on a bus by a gang of drunken youths.

The report also cited un-moderated comments on the ABC’s website following the screening of “Stone Cold Justice,” a documentary that claims some Palestinian children were being physically abused by Israeli soldiers, forced into false confessions and targeted in order to gather intelligence on Palestinian activists. The comments were not removed for weeks until numerous complaints were made by the council, the report claims.

The report also cited an anti-Semitic cartoon published by the Sydney Morning Herald that provoked outrage from Jewish leaders and a threatened lawsuit, before Fairfax Media published an apology.

“When major media outlets, including the national broadcaster, are prepared to publish or host unsubstantiated claims and irrational bias that is combined with outright demonizing of Jews, a signal is sent that anti-Semitism is acceptable and even respectable,” Nathan wrote.

The Executive Council of Australian Jewry has produced the annual report since 1989. In 2009, it logged a record 962 anti-Semitic incidents.

http://forward.com/articles/209010/a...tism-rises-by-

Old December 2nd, 2014 #35
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

A nine-year-old Australian girl who was sent overseas might have been forced into a child marriage in the Middle East, the country’s women health service said. The government is currently checking the report.

The Immigrant Women's Health Service started suspecting that a girl from Sydney could be forced into marriage after she said she was flying out abroad and "wasn't coming back."

One of the health service workers was “trying talk to her about schooling and how it's important for her life,” according to the organization’s chief executive, Dr Eman Sharobeem.

But the girl, whose nationality has not been revealed, said, “No, my parents told me it's better to go there and stay there and I'm going to be happier there."

“I'm going to go to my country and I'm going to stay there, I'm not going to come back to school. I hate school,” the girl told the service’s workers.

After the conversation, the official from the service headed to the girl’s house where she was told that the 9-year-old had left Australia on Monday to travel to a Middle East country.

The girl’s mother, who spoke limited English, didn’t specifically say that her daughter would be forced into marriage. However Sharobeem told The Sydney Morning Herald that she feared for the girl’s safety.

"I have fears for her safety. I have fears for her wellbeing. If the suspicion came and we didn't attend to it, then it's our fault,” said Sharobeem, adding that the service was not able to have a conversation with her about the girl’s “suspected comments.”

http://rt.com/news/210591-australia-...ride-marriage/

Old August 31st, 2022 #38
alex revision

Accused supporter of Adelaide neo-Nazi movement Cameron Brodie-Hall applies for home detention bail

A South Australian member of a far-right nationalist socialist group placed a banner over a bridge that read "conquered not stolen" and used the Nazi salute during an Australia Day rally, a court has heard.

Cameron Brodie-Hall, 20, has applied for home detention bail in the Adelaide Magistrates Court to live with his parents after being charged with possessing extremist material in April 2021.

He is yet to enter a plea to the charges.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-...bail/101388046

Old September 7th, 2022 #39
alex revision

Name change for popular Aussie beer company after racism row

Sep7, 2022

An Australian brewery has changed its name after years of pressure amid claims it “glorifies and glamorises the colonial process”.

An independent Australian brewery has rebranded, changing its name after years of pressure from anti-racism activists.

Colonial Brewing Company, now CBCo Brewing, was brought into the spotlight in 2020 when liquor chain Blackhearts & Sparrows pulled the beverages from its shelves.

The chain dropped the beer company after a lengthy campaign from Melbourne journalist Shaad D’Souza, who said the “stupid and degrading” name “glorifies and glamorises the colonial process that destroyed cultures and countries across the globe”.

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/busine...4240a9d410a160

Thread