VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 5th, 2012 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default Choudary and mob performing in London right now

British values goes to hell" "Cameron you will pay, the Muslims are on their way" - Choudary outside #RCJ

Anjem Choudary speaking outside #RCJ in support of #AbuHamza @Blottr pic.twitter.com/xCdzoDJG

Approx 20 protesters outside #RCJ holding placards reading 'British Justice for British Citizens' #BabarAhmad

from

https://twitter.com/KatyBlottr

Old October 5th, 2012 #2
Bev
drinking tea

I think Abu Hamza's extradition case is yet again in the Royal Courts of Justice today, so that is probably what this is about.

Old October 5th, 2012 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Supporters of Abu Hamza, including Anjem Choudary, protesting outside High Court. Placards include 'We love Abu Hamza'

Old October 5th, 2012 #4
Bev
drinking tea

Judgment due at 2.30.
Quote:
I reckon about 100 pro-Hamza/Ahmad protestors here. Cops seeking reinforcements. Demo noisy but peaceful
from a BBC guy. Typical BBC spin - if it's peaceful, why are the reinforcements needed?

Quote:
@skynewsniall

A lone placard supporting Hamza's extradition
Quote:
Chaotic & noisy scenes outside Royal Courts of Justice as pro-Abu Hamza & Babar Ahmad campaigners compete for space with a "Hamza Out" demo

Quote:
The slogan on this sign says Sling his Hamza hook out. Priceless

Quote:
Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar

If Hamaz is ill put him on plane with doctor,let yanks sort his health care. Lawyers will find uk doctor who will always say he is still ill

Is this Joke or what Hamaz has won a court injunction to stop him being extradited due to poor health.Are we mad in this country or what ?

Old October 5th, 2012 #5
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
this is like the best day ever, an islamist tried to take the anti-hamza sign and a policement jumped on him to arrest him for theft lol

Quote:
Hostility outside High Court. Anti-Hamza protestor gets amid anti-extradition demo
this pic and tweet from 5 news

Old October 5th, 2012 #6
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Abu Hamza ruling due at 2.30pm and judge says that Theresa May can act instantly if decision goes against him. START THE PLANE
from twitter

Old October 5th, 2012 #7
Bev
drinking tea

In bad taste, but accurate tweet.

Quote:
Abu Hamza wants an MRI scan. The US say they offer a different type of full body scan known as a post mortem.

Old October 5th, 2012 #8
Bev
drinking tea

British justice for British citizens?

Since when the f**k was he a British citizen?

Old October 5th, 2012 #9
Bev
drinking tea

video on link

http://www.blottr.com/breaking-news/anti-extradition-protests-outside-royal-courts-justice-photos-video

Quote:
Protesters gathered in front of the Royal Courts of Justice on Friday afternoon to express support for Abu Hamza al-Masri, Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Adel Abdul Bary and Khaled al-Fawwaz ahead of their extradition verdict expected at 2.30pm.

Anjem Choudary and his supporters stood on the left of the court building holding banners and chanting "Free free Abu Hamza", "Democracy, hypocrisy", and "Cameron you will pay, the Muslims are on their way", amongst others.

A smaller group of female demonstrators stood next to Choudary, holding banners and repeating the chants of the male group.

On the other side of the court, a demonstration was held also in support of those facing extradition. This group spoke of the need for the UK to distance itself from the US and ensure the legal system in Britain is not influenced by the US, notably the extradition treaty.

The verdict is expected later this afternoon, and the very vocal demonstrations are set to continue until then.

Another tweeter has just said lots more police arrived. Hopefully this means the ruling has gone against him and 2.30pm will see him on his way to Heathrow, with the police being drafted in to contain his glee club.

Old October 5th, 2012 #10
Bev
drinking tea

Ruling due any time.

Scene right now.

The judge must be bearing in mind that even the Queen has bitched about him still being here. (funny how she can go political when it suits)

What a boost for the Tory conference, eh, if he is on the nest plane back to the States today?

Old October 5th, 2012 #11
Bev
drinking tea

Media camped outside.

Old October 5th, 2012 #12
Bev
drinking tea

And the next US bound plane out of here with an empty seat will find Hamza on board.

NO APPEAL. He's going today.

Old October 5th, 2012 #13
Bev
drinking tea

ITV News ‏@itvnews

Judges rule Abu Hamza can be sent to the US h

Old October 5th, 2012 #14
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
High Court rejects applications from Abu Hamza, Babar Ahmad and three others for injunctions preventing their removal to US
The whole lot are going.

Now stand by for protests....

Old October 5th, 2012 #15
Bev
drinking tea

BBC profile:

Quote:
ABU HAMZA AND HAROON RASHID ASWAT

Cleric Abu Hamza is the most well-known of all the men facing extradition to the US. He has already been convicted of soliciting to murder and stirring up racial hatred and jailed in the UK for seven years. He remains in prison.

The US indictment against Abu Hamza has 11 allegations. He is accused of a conspiracy to take hostages and hostage-taking in Yemen in 1998, in an incident that led to the death of four people.
Abu Hamza Abu Hamza is well known in the UK for his sermons held in and around Finsbury Park mosque in London

He is further accused of planning to establish a training camp in Bly, Oregon, a remote part of north-west United States. There are further allegations that he plotted to provide material support to terrorists in Afghanistan and that he provided goods and services to the Taliban.

Abu Hamza was first suspect arrested at the request of the US in May 2004 - but the extradition was halted when the UK decided to try him on the allegations relating to his sermons. He was convicted in 2006.

In 2008, his appeal against extradition went to the European Court. In April 2012 the European Court of Human Rights ruled that his extradition was lawful, and his appeal against that ruling was rejected in September.

Abu Hamza had already been granted an interim injunction preventing his removal pending Tuesday's hearing.

Haroon Aswat, Abu Hamza's co-accused, was allegedly involved in the plot to establish a training camp in Oregon. He was arrested in August 2005 and his case went to Europe in the summer of 2007.

The men appealed their extraditions on similar human rights grounds to Babar Ahmad and Talha Ahsan. The European Court of Human Rights has "adjourned its examination" of Haroon Aswat's claim because it requires further details about his mental health problems.
BABAR AHMAD AND SYED TALHA AHSAN

Babar Ahmad is a 37-year-old man from Tooting in south London. He was first arrested in December 2003, in a major Scotland Yard counter-terrorism operation.

Days later, he was released without charge - accusing the arrest team of assault.

The Metropolitan Police later admitted that he was severely assaulted during that arrest and paid him £60,000 compensation. Four officers involved in that allegation were later acquitted.

In August 2004, he was arrested again, pending extradition. This time he was wanted by the US. He has been in prison ever since, setting what appears to be a record for the longest time that a British national has been detained without trial in modern times.

The US authorities accused Mr Ahmad of running an important pro-jihad website called Azzam.com. During the 1990s and early 2000s the English-language website played a key role in encouraging young Muslims in the West to support Mujahideen causes in Bosnia, Chechnya and Afghanistan.
Babar Ahmad Babar Ahmad wants to be tried in the UK and says he is fighting for his life

The US accuses him of providing material support to terrorists, money laundering through the website and plotting with US nationals. He is accused of receiving classified US naval plans. The first UK judge who examined the case said it was a "difficult and troubling case" because the alleged crimes all took place on websites allegedly run in London, not the US.

But the US says the websites were technically hosted by a company based in the US state of Connecticut, giving them jurisdiction.

The Crown Prosecution Service separately concluded that Babar Ahmad could not be prosecuted. Mr Ahmad has had a long-standing campaign behind him, involving Muslims across the UK who say that he has been unfairly treated. He has always denied any links to al-Qaeda.

Syed Talha Ahsan is Babar Ahmad's co-accused. Born in 1979, he was arrested in September 2006 on a US extradition warrant. He faces the same allegations as Babar Ahmad, including providing material support to terrorists and conspiracy to kill, kidnap, maim or injure people by receiving classified US naval plans.

In both cases, lawyers for the men have argued that they have been denied justice in the UK because there was an alleged failure by the police and the Crown Prosecution Service to properly consider whether they could be tried in London.

Both men argue that if they were convicted, they would be held at a special "supermax" prison in the United States called ADX Florence. They say that conditions there, including solitary confinement, amount to torture, and inhuman and degrading treatment. The European Court has been considering whether the US Constitution provides human rights safeguards which are as good as those in Europe.
ADEL ABDUL BARY AND KHALED AL-FAWWAZ

Saudi Arabian-born Khaled al-Fawwaz and Egyptian Adel Abdul Bary are accused of being key aides to Osama bin Laden in London.
Adel Abdul Bary Adel Abdul Bary is one of the longest-held detainees without trial in the UK

They are accused of promoting violent jihad against the West and the massive indictment accuses them of playing a role in the 1998 US embassy bombings in East Africa, in which more than 200 people were killed and thousands injured.

Both men were arrested the same year and have been held ever since.

Again, the appeals against extradition related to the conditions they would face in the United States.

The men allege that they could be taken to Guantanamo Bay or even rendered to another country. They also say they cannot get a fair trial because they have already been designated as international terrorists by the US administration.

Khaled al-Fawwaz had also been granted an interim injunction preventing his removal, prior to the forthcoming hearing.

Adel Abdul Bary's application to stop his extradition is being considered by a single judge.

Old October 5th, 2012 #16
Bev
drinking tea

The Home Office ‏@ukhomeoffice

We welcome the High Court decision on Abu Hamza & others. We are now working to extradite these men as quickly as possible

Old October 5th, 2012 #17
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
As for #babarahmed running a website is not Terrorist
Tell Sheppard and Whittle that one.

Old October 5th, 2012 #18
Bev
drinking tea

I see Ginger is there. I thought he was supposed to be remanded?

Is this andy's mate Lampost getting clubbed?

Old October 5th, 2012 #19
Bev
drinking tea

.pdf of the judgment

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resource...y-05102012.pdf

Old October 6th, 2012 #20
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kill em already. They've got some real nerve and get more and more by the day. They smile in your face at first, until they get enough of themselves in there...

Tags
abu hamza, choudary, extradition, london, royal courts justice

Thread