Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 9th, 2005 #1
Sean Martin

Default 101 ways to kill pigeons

Ok I know this thread is messed up, but I wanted to avoid the possibility of a napalm for pigeons thread so I thought I would get the jump on ridding gardens of these pests. SDM

Die, Pigeon, Die!
A new how-to book for bringing down those rats in the sky.

By Corrie Pikul

Pigeons are certainly a nuisance, but do they really deserve to die—even facetiously? Joel Barnard, a 34-year-old advertising copywriter, seems to think so. In fact, he decided to publish a book about how best to kill them, called Canceled Flight.

The result: a collection of illustrations, paintings, and photographs that depict 101 ways to kill pigeons, along with recipes for doing so (like “The Aboriginal Assassination: 20–30 blowgun darts, 1 blowgun, some poison”).

Although Barnard recruited various artists and designers to contribute to it, including Dalek and Ryan McGinness, it was, he says, actually edited by one A. V. Jones, whom he describes as president of People for the Unethical Treatment of Pigeons—but who probably doesn’t exist.

Bird lovers are not amused. Zelda Penzel, president of People for Ending Animal Cruelty and Exploitation (PEACE), says she’s exchanged e-mails with the book’s distributor, powerHouse, and Barnes & Noble executives, noting that such joke books “only serve to reinforce disrespect and ultimately ‘justifiable’ violence towards the hated object.”

But she doesn’t care to give Barnard the satisfaction of a fight. In fact, after powerHouse asked if it could quote her in a press release, Penzel decided she didn’t want to talk about the book anymore at all. “This pigeon is dead in the water,” she says. “Activists have better things to do with their time.”

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/...968/index.html

Old May 9th, 2005 #2
Rob Roy MacGregor

Default Oooohhhh....

The Birdman's gonna git cha for that post Sean!

http://www.thebirdman.org/

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Old May 9th, 2005 #3
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R MacDonald
The Birdman's gonna git cha for that post Sean!

http://www.thebirdman.org/
I would simply tell him I am a pacifist that doesn’t believe in harming a living thing.

Old May 10th, 2005 #4
Copperhead_King

A BB GUN WITH A SCOPE
I actuly have started putting notches on the stock of my pellet rifle to keep count they are nothing more then filthy flying rats

Old May 10th, 2005 #5
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

Quote:
Joel Barnard
Jew, probably. Note the name and itz propensity for cruelty to animals.

Old August 21st, 2009 #6
Olaf W.

Angry Pigeons Can Be Killed With Rice

I've heard they can be controlled with rice. They don't explode. Too bad that would be an added bonus! They're a pest a flying rat.
We have a problem here with them. The neighbors here are disgusting low life that feed them, an old Mexican woman and an old nigra dude think its just great to feed the birds and they love doing it because it irritates me.
Filthy people make me sick.
Our apartment is full of bird lice bugs and mites and ticks and I must constantly use sprays and poison and all because of the pigeons!
Our park could be much nicer but those people invite disease and filth.
Mexicans and Nigras love filthiness!
I'll be feeding the birds too. Rice! God I hope and pray it works.
The BB gun didn't work so good mostly because its too small and I never can hit them with it. Its fun anyway, and I hope to one day hit one and kill it. They do get scared away but they always come back.
I was hoping when I saw this thread there would be more.
I think radiator fluid may work.
God I hope the rice kills them.
If rice alone doesn't do it might try soaking the rice in it and feeding it to 'em.
I heard they banned rice in Jew York because it killed too many pigeons and they city didn't want to clean it up.
Probably the filthy Jews behind it all really they love filthy dirty birds that spread disease.
I hear some people love to eat them too and thats why they like having the birds around. Disgusting!

Old August 21st, 2009 #7
Olaf W.

A shot gun is probably the only sure thing.
Rice.
I keep using my pellet gun it seems to do nothing but temporarily scare them, but maybe I haven't hit one yet.

Thread