Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 12th, 2013 #41
Fred
Commie Killer

I am certainly not starving myself. I just cut out the carbs and watch the calories. I do eat some carbs. I eat fresh fruit. I do cheat too. Today I had a 4 piece original KFC meal. That was about the worst thing I could have eaten. It was good though.

Still dropping the pounds. Nothing fits me. I need all new clothes. I only have about 40lbs more to go and then I am done. Then I will take up heavier exercising.

When I was young and active I was always big and strong. As I got older and sat behind a desk all day, I got big. Too big. Now I am getting thin.

Went to the Docs for a physical. Everything is much better compared to a year ago. BP, cholesterol, and blood sugar.

The fundamentals are following the Atkins diet. That's all and it is working.

Last edited by Fred; March 12th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Old March 12th, 2013 #42
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

One of the reasons that you clowns are jealous of black people must be the fact that they are over represented in sports and fitness, whereas you are morbidly obese and generally useless to society.

Old March 12th, 2013 #43
Dan_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
One of the reasons that you clowns are jealous of black people must be the fact that they are over represented in sports and fitness, whereas you are morbidly obese and generally useless to society.
I'm 6'2", 245 lbs., 12% bf, and my max bench press is 385. I'm not jealous.

Old March 13th, 2013 #44
Armstrong
Banned

Milk has some other aspects to be considered though. Think of how milk cows are made to produce milk now.

The cow has a calf, and at a certain point, the calf if taken away from the mother, perhaps before the mother wishes the calf to stop nursing. If it's a male, it likely it's taken off to be fed and fattened ans slaughtered for meat.

Then the cow is constantly milked to make it produce milk, artificially keeping the cow producing milk beyond what it might in normal life if the purpose of it's milk was for it's calf. Sometimes hormones are given to the cows to make them produce more milk than they would normally. Hormones that pass through into the milk and into our bodies.

So couple the hormones with the anxiety of the cow about the well being of it's offspring. It seems to me the cow would be putting off a rather toxic mix.

In the past I've loved ice cream, butter, whole nonhomogenized milk, and cheese. I love Hagen Daz, a pint will make me gain five pounds, but how tasty it is. A second on the lips, eternity on the belly. Belly fat is indicative of high estrogen, maybe from the cow.

I'm thinking a bit differently about food since I've started on a vegan path. Not sure how far I'll go with it, but right now I'm eating more fresh veggies, lots of fruit, beans, grains, but not wheat, salad, nuts, avacado etc. I'm really enjoying this adventure. I started by eating more apples, then more raw carrots and celery etc. I'm experiencing many what I consider to be, positive effects.

Old March 13th, 2013 #45
Armstrong
Banned

I've been following this developing issue about an additive that's being considered to be added to milk....this just came in....,

Quote:
Do You Drink Milk? It May Soon Be Laced With This Toxic Substance
Several months from now, a glass of milk could contain an ingredient that acts like a Trojan horse, invading susceptible tissues in your body, like your brain and bone marrow, and wreaking havoc on your DNA. Side effects may include headaches, vision problems, and memory lapses...

Old March 13th, 2013 #46
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post
Milk has some other aspects to be considered though. Think of how milk cows are made to produce milk now.

The cow has a calf, and at a certain point, the calf if taken away from the mother, perhaps before the mother wishes the calf to stop nursing. If it's a male, it likely it's taken off to be fed and fattened ans slaughtered for meat.

Then the cow is constantly milked to make it produce milk, artificially keeping the cow producing milk beyond what it might in normal life if the purpose of it's milk was for it's calf. Sometimes hormones are given to the cows to make them produce more milk than they would normally. Hormones that pass through into the milk and into our bodies.

So couple the hormones with the anxiety of the cow about the well being of it's offspring. It seems to me the cow would be putting off a rather toxic mix.

In the past I've loved ice cream, butter, whole nonhomogenized milk, and cheese. I love Hagen Daz, a pint will make me gain five pounds, but how tasty it is. A second on the lips, eternity on the belly. Belly fat is indicative of high estrogen, maybe from the cow.

I'm thinking a bit differently about food since I've started on a vegan path. Not sure how far I'll go with it, but right now I'm eating more fresh veggies, lots of fruit, beans, grains, but not wheat, salad, nuts, avacado etc. I'm really enjoying this adventure. I started by eating more apples, then more raw carrots and celery etc. I'm experiencing many what I consider to be, positive effects.
You should try to get the milk from as good of a supplier as possible, granted, preferably a local farmer (and maybe I'm spoiled as a Swede with our good supermarket quality), but I'd say that milk is usually still a pretty good food to include even if you're in a pinch and don't have access to any of real high quality, given the alternatives.

But the quality has fallen drasticly overall, as it has also in the rest of the food supply, there's no arguing that, and if you only have access to the shittiest, frankenkwan milk -loaded with hormones - you'll indeed probably be better opting for some other foods.

But it should be for that reason - not because it's full of "bad" saturated fat, "bad" cholesterol, calcium "that calcifies your tissue" or other nonsense usually spouted (not citing you), but rather despite containing all these things that in actuality are good for you (and add to that complete, easily assimilable, high quality protein& fat soluble vitamins A,D,E,K, etc.)

If you put on pounds at an abnormal rate I'd recommend checking your thyroid function, and eat foods that facilitate good thyroid function; opting for saturated fat for your fat intake, good quality protein (both of which you get conveniently by consuming milk) and fruit, and avoid the foods that disturb it; first and foremost, the polyunsaturated fats, which means avoiding all liquid vegetable/nut oils (except for the super-saturated, more animal-fat-like coconut-oil, but it's solid at room-temp, so usually no risk mistaking it for a "liquid" oil) .

GL with whatever you end up sending down to the digestive machinery. A word of caution though as regards going very hard at the raw, hard to digest, heavy plant matter-diet - especially if it tends towards the very low calorie side; the "high" that many feel at the beginning can sometimes be the adrenals working overtime pumping out massive amounts of adrenaline to deal with the shock of a very low energy intake, and that often means a not to pleasant return to reality (below base-line) when you later come "crashing down".

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; March 13th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Old March 13th, 2013 #47
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
... avoid the foods that disturb it; first and foremost, the polyunsaturated fats, which means avoiding all liquid vegetable/nut oils (except for the super-saturated, more animal-fat-like coconut-oil, but it's solid at room-temp, so usually no risk mistaking it for a "liquid" oil) .
I'm hooked up with a good dairy farmer from whom I purchase Jersey cow's milk during the winter months and goat milk in the warmer months. I also eat plenty of cheese.

On the other end of the fat spectrum, I have come into a surplus of
Lovaza Lovaza
, and because I'm too cheap to throw anything away, I take it at half the prescribed dose.

Will my greedy heart drag down my lively thyroid?

Old March 13th, 2013 #48
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post

Its not the vegetables that are making you feel better, its the fact you have stopped eating refined carbs in huge amounts. You could eat handfuls of clay and stopped eating carbs and then conclude that a dirt-eating lifestyle is "healthy". Vegetables have low carbs and lots of indigestible carbs called "Fiber" that fills your stomach up and tells your brain to stop eating, you could eat clay and fill your belly up too.

Old March 13th, 2013 #49
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I'm hooked up with a good dairy farmer from whom I purchase Jersey cow's milk during the winter months and goat milk in the warmer months. I also eat plenty of cheese.

On the other end of the fat spectrum, I have come into a surplus of Lovaza, and because I'm too cheap to throw anything away, I take it at half the prescribed dose.

Will my greedy heart drag down my lively thyroid?
Your greedy heart might very well be doing itself in with that masochistic oxidized, rancid oil consumption.

No, it's most likely not a big deal at all, especially if it's on the lower dose of the spectra. Shrugged shoulders benign - but I'd still recommend against it, of course.

Old March 14th, 2013 #50
Ghetto-Blaster
Banned

Default Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Today I had a 4 piece original KFC meal. That was about the worst thing I could have eaten. It was good though.
Any white person that eats fast food should be tarred and feathered and DNA tested for abnormalities leading to or caused by fast food addiction. Not to mention you're probably a quintroon.

Old March 14th, 2013 #51
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

If you want to lose weight weight here is an easy way:

Go back to the thread started by the idiot Akins on his diet/drug use. You know which one. I don't need to lose weight, so I'm not going to look it up.

Read the idiot Akins's posts. You will lose weight.

1. Reading the idiot Akins's posts will make you puke. - bulimics tend to be thin.
2. Eat and drink nothing the idiot Akins ate/drank.
3. Eat and drink foods/liquids that the idiot Akins found distasteful.

That's it. You'll be thin, and after you get over the puking, healthy.

Mike

Late edit: Forming the possessive of words ending in s.

Strunk and White in Elements of Style write -- always write s's.
Others recommend that based on how the word is pronounced, you may end the word with s' -- no terminating s. Although I didn't write Akins possessive as Akins', I agree with this punctuation. Akins's, as I wrote above, would tend to be pronounced, "Akenz-ez." I don't like that. I would pronounce the word, "Akenz," non-possessive, or possessive. Aside from my preference, I chose above to use the more common.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Mike

Even later edit: Trite popular phrases.

These little popular sayings come, last too long, and go. For instance above, "I just threw up in my mouth." Very clever, very funny...or at least it was for a while. Its use is waning, and good riddance. My use of the phrase above marks the last acceptable use. After me, the deluge.

Mike

Last edited by Mike in Denver; March 14th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Old March 16th, 2013 #52
M.N. Dalvez

If a word ends in S, the possessive should be shown with a ' - for example, Akins' rancid lifestyle is an excellent negative example to us all. It's just more elegant.

Old March 19th, 2013 #53
Crowe

Quote:
I'm surprised you didn't give any suggestions like laying off the frijoles, tortillas and burritos. Its no wonder most of your spic women are 5' 3" and 3' wide. How do you even go about breeding that?

Old March 19th, 2013 #54
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I'm surprised you didn't give any suggestions like laying off the frijoles, tortillas and burritos. Its no wonder most of your spic women are 5' 3" and 3' wide. How do you even go about breeding that?
Spic women? I didn't know we were in Spain.

Old March 19th, 2013 #55
Crowe

Quote:
You know who I'm referring to dumbass.

Old March 20th, 2013 #56
Squarehead Chris

Valdez is like that one puppy in the litter that refuses to quit pissing in the house.

You really want to be mad at him, but you just can't bring yourself to do so.

Old March 21st, 2013 #57
Breanna
Eternal Glory

I think I'm going to try the Dukan diet because I read that Candace Swanepoel is on this diet. I have tried a bunch of different diets in my life but I have never been able to get thin through anything except extreme calorie restriction. Nothing else has ever worked. On the Dukan diet you don't have to count calories which would make me very happy.

Old March 21st, 2013 #58
Dan Smith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
I think I'm going to try the Dukan diet because I read that Candace Swanepoel is on this diet. I have tried a bunch of different diets in my life but I have never been able to get thin through anything except extreme calorie restriction. Nothing else has ever worked. On the Dukan diet you don't have to count calories which would make me very happy.

Candice follows the "toss your cookies diet". Nobody who eats at the finest city restaurants can have 10% bodyfat like her and be not eating anything more than protein shakes and chicken breasts.

Old March 21st, 2013 #59
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
You're so fucking stupid. Spic as in hispanic, like sue madre.

Old March 21st, 2013 #60
Armstrong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
Its not the vegetables that are making you feel better, its the fact you have stopped eating refined carbs in huge amounts. You could eat handfuls of clay and stopped eating carbs and then conclude that a dirt-eating lifestyle is "healthy". Vegetables have low carbs and lots of indigestible carbs called "Fiber" that fills your stomach up and tells your brain to stop eating, you could eat clay and fill your belly up too.
Could be, though I'm not big on eating dirt....I do see people in wretched places making mud pies and eating them. That has to be rough.

Am down 5lbs now, and feeling very good. Very very, good.

Thread