Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 28th, 2006 #1
Briseis

Question GF download times slow-ish?

I have DSL but have been experiencing slow downloads for the last few weeks (OK DLs from other sites, its not me).. I know there is some crap about bandwidth allotments and such. Is someone messing with GF's bandwidth (setting bots to endlessly download? I dont know, Im not so tech savvy I could say what maliciousness was at work here) Just wanted to know if others were affected..
(as always so great , and rare to hear someone who is and sounds like they are from CA with WN views)..
My kids school didnt even get a real "hollow-crust survivor" they only got one my moms age or thereabouts (60's) who was in hiding..
Damn low rent public schools! I can just see , in the future,
"my great grandfather's best friends sister survived..." as the next installation of the endless wailing (don't they have a wall for that?)..

Old February 28th, 2006 #2
Stan Sikorski
Returned

There was a DOS attack yesterday shortly after the release of GoyFire #29 that lasted for 3.5 hours. That would have slowed transfer of a download. If the problem persists, please PM me with details of what file and time of download.
:cheers:

Old March 1st, 2006 #3
Briseis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sikorski
There was a DOS attack yesterday shortly after the release of GoyFire #29 that lasted for 3.5 hours. That would have slowed transfer of a download. If the problem persists, please PM me with details of what file and time of download.
:cheers:
Thanks SS,
I thought Dos rendered a site completely useless. huh. Live and learn I suppose. After I saw everyone and their brother (neighbors)were on my wireless network (I used some software called network magic) I unhooked the wireless. I dont know how many people are unaware of the security risk these wireless networks pose if not properly configured. So I unhooked that for now, one PC is an old OS, one is XP, not good according to wireless gurus. anyway, I need a PC geek when I get my new PC, I have tried to get the idea of WN business directories/ or a "wanted-services" thing going somewhere else, but it was pretty much ignored. Wouldnt you rather hire a WN than give money to the hook and crook crowd..? I sure would.
I've been trying to get the names placed with the voices on GF(so I can say "so and so said this"..), there's the softspoken guy, the animated guy, and the other guy, whom I call Devil's advocate because he plays that role quite a bit..So when you do your show, introduce yourselves at some point or address each other by name, if you would be so kind. Just makes it easier if the listener wants to address a point one of you made..
Was listening to I believe #25 today, and one of you was on a rant abotu how no one wants the Jew, and it reminded me of http://www.seussville.com/games/lb_sam_i_am.html
that old kids book
"I do not like green eggs and ham..I do not want them in a box, I do not want them with my socks, I do not want them anywhere....etc etc"..and I dont mean that as a 'cut'.. it just struck me as funny..

Thread