Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 21st, 2008 #1
Joe_J.
Radio active

Default No Meat=Feel Better.

When a chicken goes from chick to eating in two weeks, something is wrong.

I switched to vegetables with very little meat and I feel 100x better. I started with local grown stuff. This year I did a garden and most of what I am eating comes from the backyard. Not that much work involved. I recommend it to anyone, even apartment dwellers can grow stuff.

Old October 21st, 2008 #2
psychologicalshock
Banned

You wont feel better when you start needing intravenous B12 injections on a weekly basis . Quit before you kill yourself, humans are omnivores and being a herbivore is suicidal. If it was good for you then why would you need to take supplements to become one? Eat 2 servings of meat for every 6 of veggies/fruit or you'll permanently damage your body.

Old October 21st, 2008 #3
Justin Lee
Ιuστην Λεε

I feel weak when I don't eat meat.
Drift gently into mental illness

Old October 21st, 2008 #4
colleen

a meat-less diet and home/locally grown veggies & fruits will always revitalize ones system. Cleanse your system of all the grocery store and mass marketed meats.

Old October 21st, 2008 #5
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

I've been a raw vegan for over 6 years. These folks are vegans as well.

http://www.supervegans.org/articles/list.html?id=18

Old October 21st, 2008 #6
Art Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtozog View Post

I switched to vegetables with very little meat and I feel 100x better. I started with local grown stuff. This year I did a garden and most of what I am eating comes from the backyard. Not that much work involved. I recommend it to anyone, even apartment dwellers can grow stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologicalshock View Post
You wont feel better when you start needing intravenous B12 injections on a weekly basis . Quit before you kill yourself, humans are omnivores and being a herbivore is suicidal. If it was good for you then why would you need to take supplements to become one? Eat 2 servings of meat for every 6 of veggies/fruit or you'll permanently damage your body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Lee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofitall View Post
a meat-less diet and home/locally grown veggies & fruits will always revitalize ones system. Cleanse your system of all the grocery store and mass marketed meats.
I can eat an almost 90 % meat diet for months on end,usually consisting primarily of deer,ducks,grouse,moose,bear,trout,salmon and burbot in varying combinations and never get sick,all the while feeling energetic and full of strength.Add whatever wild berries and garden veggies I can find and I feel great! The problems start when the wild and home raised food runs out and I have to buy the crap from the stores.It only takes a couple of days to lose the edge and a further couple weeks of digestive problems before my system adjusts somewhat.

Old October 21st, 2008 #7
Art Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mazzone of Palatine View Post
I've been a raw vegan for over 6 years. These folks are vegans as well.

http://www.supervegans.org/articles/list.html?id=18
It'll catch up to you,eventually.

Old October 21st, 2008 #8
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reltih145 View Post
It'll catch up to you,eventually.
None of the other sorters at work can keep up with me.

Old October 21st, 2008 #9
Art Cast

Quote:
Eventually

It takes time for the full effects of veganism,vegetarianism or any other improper diet to be felt.It's at about 40 years old that vegan/vegetarians start having health problems (or at least on a physically demanding job).Any vegan can walk a couple of miles down a skid trail,followed by a thousand yard hike down to the bottom of the hill packing a power saw.By the time they reach their late thirties or so,however,none of them are really up to the return trip.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #10
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Lee View Post
Natural reaction to a loss of health. Those who ignore the signs eventually pay the price.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #11
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Eventually

It takes time for the full effects of veganism,vegetarianism or any other improper diet to be felt.It's at about 40 years old that vegan/vegetarians start having health problems (or at least on a physically demanding job).Any vegan can walk a couple of miles down a skid trail,followed by a thousand yard hike down to the bottom of the hill packing a power saw.By the time they reach their late thirties or so,however,none of them are really up to the return trip.
Eventually we all die too. I had way more health problems before I became a vegan. I'll be bicycling to work and back all winter as well, regardless of how cold or snowy. I've done it before, I'll be able to do it when I'm 100.

I recently read this book called "Water and Salt: The Essence of Life". It shows that the quality and quantity of water and salt you consume has a greater impact on health than diet.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #12
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
This is why I stick to Fedex, who knows what you might do to my parcel?

Old October 22nd, 2008 #13
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologicalshock View Post
This is why I stick to Fedex, who knows what you might do to my parcel?

Old October 22nd, 2008 #14
Jett Rink
Banned

Quote:
I can eat an almost 90 % meat diet for months on end,usually consisting primarily of deer,ducks,grouse,moose,bear,trout,salmon and burbot in varying combinations and never get sick,all the while feeling energetic and full of strength.Add whatever wild berries and garden veggies I can find and I feel great! The problems start when the wild and home raised food runs out and I have to buy the crap from the stores.It only takes a couple of days to lose the edge and a further couple weeks of digestive problems before my system adjusts somewhat.
I assume you are just eating the muscle meat of these animals.

Animals in the wild will skip the muscle meats and go straight for the organs that contain all the minerals and vitamins.

Muscle meats are nutritionally empty.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #15
Art Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
I assume you are just eating the muscle meat of these animals.

Animals in the wild will skip the muscle meats and go straight for the organs that contain all the minerals and vitamins.

Muscle meats are nutritionally empty.
Nope.I always eat the liver,heart,gizzard(where applicable)and occasionally the kidneys.I love the liver from a large fish and I also carve the cheeks out of the head if it's big enough.I won't eat any internal organs from an animal that has any of them discoloured.I also won't eat organs from bears or cats(cougar meat is good but very dry).For the record the liver from a large moose is so big I usually get tired of eating it before the liver runs out.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #16
Art Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtozog View Post

Mass produced chickens are junk.Firstly they're butchered too quickly before they reach their proper flavour and nutritional potential.Secondly they never get enough protein.If you want a proper chicken (flavour and nutrition wise)you have to let it forage for a a few months.Grasshoppers and earthworms really add something to them.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #17
Summer
WN Mother

Ugh I hate vegetarians. They are so stupid and they say bs like "I feel better" yet they all look like sickly shit.

And a guy being a vegetarian?!?!?!? Gay?

Old October 22nd, 2008 #18
colleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer View Post
Ugh I hate vegetarians. They are so stupid and they say bs like "I feel better" yet they all look like sickly shit.
Um. Not true. I know many people, myself included who lead vegetarian lives and aren't walking sicklings. And where can you connect stupidity to a meat-free diet?

Old October 22nd, 2008 #19
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:

On the contrary.

Old October 22nd, 2008 #20
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:

I dunno. I'm 6'1/235 and not a fatass. Have a wife and two children.

I actually do feel better. I don't think it is the meat but the type of meats that are sold that is the problem. It has been well documented that puberty comes earlier to girls now and is blamed on hormone-laden meats. Also, like I said; a chicken that goes from a peep (bitty) to the slaughterhouse within two weeks tells you that something is wrong.

Quote:
psychologicalshock You wont feel better when you start needing intravenous B12 injections on a weekly basis . Quit before you kill yourself, humans are omnivores and being a herbivore is suicidal. If it was good for you then why would you need to take supplements to become one? Eat 2 servings of meat for every 6 of veggies/fruit or you'll permanently damage your body.
I don't take supplements, other than flax seed oil. I eat lots of garlic for immune enhancing properties.

My wife is big on the 'blood type diet'. We both have the western european A+ blood and the diet recommends small amounts of meat. No lean red meats at all and poultry up to 3x per week. It mentions that Type As "have low stomach acid content-an adaptation of their ancestors who survived on an agrarian diet.", stating that Type As store meat as fat. It also states that dairy products in As can provoke insulin reactions. I can say that for me milk is a non-issue. I just cant drink it. It makes me sick.

You may or may not agree with that but I do recommend the book. Eat Right For Your Type by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo.

FWIW, I actually crave vegetables. I never 'crave' meat, though I do eat it sometimes. I buy organic chicken and salmon (good on the grill!), sometimes beef, as well.

There is also no argument that the current meats available to us today are responsible for the lard ass nation the Kwa has become. Type II diabetes rates in children are especially alarming. The congealed shit in the bottom of a can of Spam is better for you than the stuff coming out of a drive thru window or even a 'sit down' restaurant.

I am not a militant vegetarian. I don't give a crap what anyone else eats, I just know what works for me. Also, the garden I have is good stress relief and I don't have to wonder if some mexican took a shit on my food. No chemicals or pesticides. If I ever get room to raise chickens, I will do that, too.

Thread