VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 17th, 2021 #1
VanguardNewsNetwork
News Bot

Woodpecker Our Burden, Christianity

(Above: Jesus)

A top scientist once said (paraphrasing): “there have been more insane things done, or good things not done, in the name of Christianity than in any other thing.” Yep. Like a White family in America adopting 10 Black children from Haiti! Yes, it has happened! “Jesus told us to!” If he did, then shame on him.

It has been said that, had Christianity not been invented and spread by Jews (The Old Testament), White Western man would be far more advanced today than he is [1][2][3]. Christianity set Western man back at least 500 years and likely closer to 1100 years (e.g., look what happened to Galileo). Christianity severely retarded the White man’s progress. But that’s the Jew: wrecking or impeding the White nations since time immemorial. The Jew sets little traps for the White man at every turn, little “land mines” that delay the White man’s progress again and again.

[Article].

[1] the famous Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei (1564-1642) was threatened with torture and sentenced to permanent house arrest (for 9 years, from 1633 until his death) because his scientific discoveries were at odds with the teachings of the Catholic Church.

[2] the apostle Paul (who was a Jew, and whose real name was Saul) was the foremost spreader of Christianity to non-Jews in the Biblical era (i.e., the 1st century AD). He was “a missionary to the Gentiles.” Without Paul, Christianity would have gotten nowhere. Paul is now known as St. Paul.

[3] It’s likely that Christianity held Western man back 1100 years: from about 313 AD (the major spreading of Christianity) to about 1450 AD (the invention of the movable-type printing press, which changed the world by spreading knowledge quickly and widely)

Read more at Vanguard News Network Blog...

Old July 17th, 2021 #2
Fico

Just imagine how important is power of religion. Whites in USA had laws who allow vote only for White man without womans. But,when you have Christianity inside your mind or "solomon temple" better to say because Rabbi Jesus said that he is new temple,all racial laws do not worth. Only solution is replace multiracial religion with racial religion.

Old July 17th, 2021 #3
brutus

Christianity has indeed been the soft underbelly of the White race. However, it is a weakness simply because the jew has made it a weakness.
Any religion can either be a weakness or a strength of the race/nation which adopts it. It all depends upon the 'spin' or emphasis placed on the creed.
For example: Jesus can either be a soft weak hippy-like cheek-turner and in every sense a masochist...or Jesus can be a strong ass-kicker chucking jews out of the temple and blowing-up degenerate people to kingdom come.
It is the jew that put the white race destroying spin on Christianity.
Similar to the way the jew slapped a bronze plaque on the Statue of Liberty thus forever changing it's symbolism.
Religion has always been at the heart of every great civilization and history has repeatedly shown how the jew infiltrated and undermined that driving force and stability in nearly every powerful nation for at least two millennia. The first historic account being chronicled in the Bible whereby Moses pulled-out the under-pinnings from dynastic Egypt's centuries old belief system and thus ending that great civilization.
We see the controlling nature of religion. And it's been with humanity since the dawn of time. It can either be the inner strength that binds together a people as the ultimate survival of the species mechanism.....or it can be a suicidal idea that dooms a racial nation to oblivion.

Last edited by brutus; July 17th, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

Old July 17th, 2021 #4
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Christianity has indeed been the soft underbelly of the White race. However, it is a weakness simply because the jew has made it a weakness.
Any religion can either be a weakness or a strength of the race which adopts it. It all depends upon the 'spin' or emphasis placed on the creed.
For example: Jesus can either be a soft weak hippy-like cheek-turner and in every sense a masochist...or Jesus can be a strong ass-kicker chucking jews out of the temple and blowing-up degenerate people to kingdom come.
Similar to the way the jew slapped a bronze plaque on the Statue of Liberty thus forever changing it's symbolism.
Religion has always been at the heart of every great civilization and history has repeatedly shown how the jew infiltrated and undermined that driving force and stability in nearly every powerful nation for at least two millennia. The first historic account being chronicled in the Bible whereby Moses pulled-out the under-pinnings from dynastic Egypt's centuries old belief system and thus ending that great civilization.
We see the controlling nature of religion. And it's been with humanity since the dawn of time. It can either be the inner strength that binds together a people as the ultimate survival of the species mechanism.....or it can be a suicidal idea that dooms a racial nation to oblivion.

Interesting point.

By the way, do you have any new cartoons, Brutus?

----------------

Old July 17th, 2021 #5
brutus

Hi Franco. For the past several years I've been using tablets or phones to post. These devices can't be used for the type of drawings I like to do. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get another computer and start drawing again. Be well, my friend.

Old July 17th, 2021 #6
Franco

Quote:
Hi Franco. For the past several years I've been using tablets or phones to post. These devices can't be used for the type of drawings I like to do. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get another computer and start drawing again. Be well, my friend.

I would be very interested in learning the art of making cartoons on a PC. In fact, I had a deal all set up with a guy in Finland. He would draw the cartoons, and I would caption them. But suddenly, he pulled out of the agreement, for unknown reasons. But I would love to make my own drawings, but I don't know where to begin. My PC skills are limited.

-----------------

Old July 19th, 2021 #7
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Any religion can either be a weakness or a strength of the race/nation which adopts it. It all depends upon the 'spin' or emphasis placed on the creed.

Old July 19th, 2021 #8
John Robertson

The bottom line on Christianity is that it is anti-White. What more does a White man need to know?
www.dailystormer.in

Old July 20th, 2021 #9
Lutador Branco

Racial Conscience and Anti-Racial Miscegenation in the Church is the truth, despite the lies propagated by the Left faction infiltrated into the Church.

Don't let the Left fool you.

My greetings.

It is necessary to contextualize the origin and classification of races according to the Bible (in Arianist bias): Noah had three children: Cam, Sem and Japheth.

Cam (Canaan) - The father of blacks (Negroid)
“Cursed be Canaan; servant of the servants be to his brothers. ”Genesis 9:25”

Sem - The father of whites (Caucasoid)
Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and let Canaan be his servant. "Genesis 9:26"

Japheth - The father of the Orientals (Mongoloid)
Extend God to Japheth, and dwell in Shem's tents; and let Canaan be his servant. "Genesis 9:27"

Jews and Arabs would be mixed race of Negroids with Caucasians.

The Jewish mestizos founded their own Kingdom of Judah, and stole the original Israelite religion for them, and corrupted it, and later stole the name of Israel, for this present State of Israel.

The original pure Israelites stayed with the Kingdom of Israel, where Galilee originated.

Genesis 24: 1-4 - And Abraham was old and advanced in age, and the Lord had blessed Abraham in everything. And Abraham said to his servant, the eldest of the household, who had the government over everything he owned: Now put your hand under my thigh, that I may make you swear by the LORD God of heaven and God of the earth, that you shall not take for my son a wife of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell. But that you will go to my land and my kindred, and from there you will take a wife for my son Isaac.

Genesis 28: 1 - And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and commanded him, and said to him, Do not take a wife from among the daughters of Canaan;

Ezra 9: 2 - For they have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons. Thus the holy seed has mixed itself with the peoples of the lands, and in this faithlessness the officials and leaders have led the way.’

Matthew 15:21-30 - Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment. Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.

Note
Canaanites: Taking the point of view of Aryan Christian identity, Canaanites would be considered a racial group of blacks, while the original Israelites were white.

Compendium OF THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

https://www.vatican.va/archive/compe...um-ccc_en.html

412. On what is human equality based?

1934-1935

All persons enjoy equal dignity and fundamental rights insofar as they are created in the image of the one God, are endowed with the same rational soul, have the same nature and origin, and are called in Christ, the one and only Savior, to the same divine beatitude.

413. How are we to view social inequalities?

1936-1938
1946-1947

There are sinful social and economic inequalities which affect millions of human beings. These inequalities are in open contradiction to the Gospel and are contrary to justice, to the dignity of persons, and to peace.There are, however, differences among people caused by various factors which enter into the plan of God. Indeed, God wills that each might receive what he or she needs from others and that those endowed with particular talents should share them with others. Such differences encourage and often oblige people to the practice of generosity, kindness and the sharing of goods. They also foster the mutual enrichment of cultures.

Old July 20th, 2021 #10
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutador Branco View Post
Jesus kicking some Sanhedrin ass.

I hope none of the animals were harmed in the filming of that scene.

Old July 20th, 2021 #11
brutus

Religion is all about how it's spun......

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdGuEfTc/

EDIT 7/20 ....bitches deleted it..

It was an hysterical rant by a minister in the pulpit calling "all homos pedophiles" etc.

Last edited by brutus; July 20th, 2021 at 10:34 PM.

Old July 20th, 2021 #12
Longbaugh

Quote:
Racial Conscience and Anti-Racial Miscegenation in the Church is the truth, despite the lies propagated by the Left faction infiltrated into the Church.

My greetings.

It is necessary to contextualize the origin and classification of races according to the Bible (in Arianist bias): Noah had three children: Cam, Sem and Japheth.

Cam (Canaan) - The father of blacks (Negroid)
“Cursed be Canaan; servant of the servants be to his brothers. ”Genesis 9:25”

Sem - The father of whites (Caucasoid)
Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and let Canaan be his servant. "Genesis 9:26"

Japheth - The father of the Orientals (Mongoloid)
Extend God to Japheth, and dwell in Shem's tents; and let Canaan be his servant. "Genesis 9:27"

Jews and Arabs would be mixed race of Negroids with Caucasians.

The Jewish mestizos founded their own Kingdom of Judah, and stole the original Israelite religion for them, and corrupted it, and later stole the name of Israel, for this present State of Israel.

The original pure Israelites stayed with the Kingdom of Israel, where Galilee originated.

Genesis 24: 1-4 - And Abraham was old and advanced in age, and the Lord had blessed Abraham in everything. And Abraham said to his servant, the eldest of the household, who had the government over everything he owned: Now put your hand under my thigh, that I may make you swear by the LORD God of heaven and God of the earth, that you shall not take for my son a wife of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell. But that you will go to my land and my kindred, and from there you will take a wife for my son Isaac.

Genesis 28: 1 - And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and commanded him, and said to him, Do not take a wife from among the daughters of Canaan;

Ezra 9: 2 - For they have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons. Thus the holy seed has mixed itself with the peoples of the lands, and in this faithlessness the officials and leaders have led the way.’

Matthew 15:21-30 - Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment. Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.

Note
Canaanites: Taking the point of view of Aryan Christian identity, Canaanites would be considered a racial group of blacks, while the original Israelites were white.

Compendium OF THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

https://www.vatican.va/archive/compe...um-ccc_en.html

412. On what is human equality based?

1934-1935

All persons enjoy equal dignity and fundamental rights insofar as they are created in the image of the one God, are endowed with the same rational soul, have the same nature and origin, and are called in Christ, the one and only Savior, to the same divine beatitude.

413. How are we to view social inequalities?

1936-1938
1946-1947

There are sinful social and economic inequalities which affect millions of human beings. These inequalities are in open contradiction to the Gospel and are contrary to justice, to the dignity of persons, and to peace.There are, however, differences among people caused by various factors which enter into the plan of God. Indeed, God wills that each might receive what he or she needs from others and that those endowed with particular talents should share them with others. Such differences encourage and often oblige people to the practice of generosity, kindness and the sharing of goods. They also foster the mutual enrichment of cultures.
None of this has any basis in fact.

Shut the fuck up, christard.

Old July 20th, 2021 #13
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbaugh View Post
None of this has any basis in fact.

Shut the fuck up, christard.

For Longbaugh and the like-minded:

Luke 23:34

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...34&version=NIV

Last edited by Lutador Branco; July 21st, 2021 at 01:49 AM.

Old July 21st, 2021 #14
Longbaugh

A quote by a fictional, Jewish character, from a book of fiction written by lying Jews...

What's it like, going through life with absolutely no critical thinking skills?

Old July 21st, 2021 #15
Lutador Branco

Quote:
For Longbaugh and the like-minded:

Luke 23:34

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...34&version=NIV

I hope Longbaugh and those who think like Longbaugh break free from the leftist version.

Study and you will understand...

After I have told the truth, I say goodbye to this thread.

Last edited by Lutador Branco; July 21st, 2021 at 08:31 AM.

Old July 21st, 2021 #16
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Quote:

Fuck off retard. The church is constantly marrying niggers to white women. You like every christian faggot are living in your 'But one day...' daydream.

The last time I went near a church was to see if I wanted to go back to the catholic church, they were holding a wedding ceremony for a nigger marrying a white woman. You are fucked, and a liar. Get lost.

Your church doesn't have any standards, most churches are now pushing black lives matter and love is love evil. Go fuck yourself, You and your bullshit is not wanted and racial integrity cannot exist in some universal everyone is equal slave religion which waits on some bearded hippy jew to save them all.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old July 21st, 2021 #17
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Toliver View Post
Fuck off retard. The church is constantly marrying niggers to white women. You like every christian faggot are living in your 'But one day...' daydream.

The last time I went near a church was to see if I wanted to go back to the catholic church, they were holding a wedding ceremony for a nigger marrying a white woman. You are fucked, and a liar. Get lost.

Your church doesn't have any standards, most churches are now pushing black lives matter and love is love evil. Go fuck yourself, You and your bullshit is not wanted and racial integrity cannot exist in some universal everyone is equal slave religion which waits on some bearded hippy jew to save them all.

That's it, in this thread.

My greetings.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS A VISIBLE WHITE-POWER FACTION

Once persecuted by the Ku Klux Klan, some Catholics now embrace the most extreme forms of racial hatred.

https://sojo.net/magazine/august-202...-power-faction

BY ERIC MARTIN

AUGUST 2020

Editors’ Note: As a matter of editorial policy, Sojourners does not grant take-down requests from outside parties. In the case of "Harboring A Culture of Hate" by Eric Martin, Sojourners then-editor-in-chief and then-president Jim Wallis felt the correction below called into question the entire substance of the article and made the decision on July 28 to take down the article from Sojourners website. You can read past statements on that decision here. Sojourners believes that the significant conversation this article has generated, along with the decision to remove the article, should be conducted as part of an open and transparent public conversation. For that reason, on Aug. 14, Sojourners reinstated the article with the correction below.

Aug. 14, 2020, 5:02 p.m. Correction: An earlier version of this article claimed that the writers of the document Open Wide Our Hearts: The Enduring Call to Love - A Pastoral Letter Against Racism, developed by the Committee on Cultural Diversity in the Church of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), were silent on three extreme symbols of racism: swastikas, Confederate flags, and nooses. This is not true. The final language of Open Wide Our Hearts includes the sentence “The re-appearance of symbols of hatred, such as nooses and swastikas in public spaces, is a tragic indicator of rising racial and ethnic animus.” The document did not condemn these symbols, but did address them. The final document does not address Confederate flags. We apologize for this error and thank readers at the U.S. Catholic Bishops Conference and Catholic Charities USA for pointing it out.

WHEN THE U.S. Catholic bishops gathered to draft a document on race in the wake of the 2017 white terrorist rally in Charlottesville, Va., Bishop Anthony Taylor of Little Rock, Ark., submitted an amendment to condemn the imagery of swastikas, Confederate flags, and nooses. The U.S. bishops deliberated and voted to reject it.

The document, “Open Wide Our Hearts,” was billed as “a pastoral letter against racism,” making its writers’ inability to adopt the amendment condemning three famously extreme symbols of racism a curious one. The bishops explained themselves by arguing that swastikas and nooses were already “widely recognized signs of hatred,” which would seem to make them all the easier to condemn. (Interestingly, they eschewed this logic when issuing their only condemnation, against violence toward police.) As for the Confederate flag, “some still claim it as a sign of heritage,” they argued.

While this logic indefensibly hand-waves the history of slavery, murderous opposition to civil rights, and violence such as the 2015 shooting at a Black church in Charleston, S.C., as a vaguely benign “heritage,” it also fails to account for the flag’s use among those with no ties to the Confederacy. Take, for example, U.S. Rep. Steve King. While most widely known for asking what’s so wrong with white supremacy and white nationalism, King, who is Catholic, has also displayed a Confederate flag on his congressional desk. The quite obvious meaning of the flag’s presence on the desk of King, who represents a district in Iowa until January, is apparently lost on the bishops, given their claims about “Southern” heritage.

The decision to avoid condemning swastikas, nooses, and Confederate flags would be troubling under any circumstances. But this moral failure is compounded by the fact that Catholics are among the most integral groups that rally behind these symbols. From the highest reaches of government to the lowest depths of social media, many members of hate groups and politicians who model their talking points are part of the bishops’ flock. Catholics not only contributed to the platform for the so-called alt-righters who terrorized Charlottesville and killed Heather Heyer but are leaders and even founders of the most dangerous neo-Nazi groups in existence.

The Catholic Church, once persecuted by the Ku Klux Klan, today has a visible white-power faction. As long as the bishops actively refuse to condemn its banners, they give white supremacists space to embrace their anti-Black and anti-Semitic work free of religious dissonance.

“No cultural Christians allowed”

WHILE THE PROBLEM starts at the top, it is impossible to ignore how it has manifested on the streets. In 2017, an alliance of the KKK, neo-Nazis, and the alt-right did much of their planning for the Unite the Right rally in chat rooms that have since been made public by the media outlet Unicorn Riot. One of the more popular chat rooms was designated specifically for Catholics to explore the connections between their church and the rally. “No cultural Christians allowed,” its heading read. It was reserved for “dedicated” Catholics only and named after Nicholas J. Fuentes, a Catholic member of the neo-Nazi group Identity Evropa. Fuentes is an online influencer with 90,000 followers on social media; he was present at Charlottesville. Across all servers, more than 14,000 posts related to Catholicism were released in the aftermath of the event, and an early post captures their spirit: “I’m baptized Catholic [and] ready for a crusade.”

Here Catholics discussed everything from their favorite saints to their thoughts on Pope Urban II. They talked of “how to defend proper Catholicism” and shared links to the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. They saluted “Sieg heil!” to each other. They went from joking about the murder of Heather Heyer, the anti-racist activist who was run over in Charlottesville by a neo-Nazi, to singing “Ave Maria” together. They discussed the merits of Mein Kampf, identified themselves as “Charles Coughlin Roman Catholics” (after the 1930s Catholic radio demagogue), encouraged genocide against Jews, advertised the anti-Semitic podcast The Daily Shoah, and confessed their allegiance to what they call the “14 words”: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”

Augustus Sol Invictus grew up Catholic. Matthew Heimbach was raised in a Catholic family and eventually switched to the Orthodox Church. Both have been identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “major players from the ‘Unite the Right’ rally.” Faith Goldy—a Catholic who wrote for The Catholic Register and was banned from Facebook for participating in a neo-Nazi podcast on the most prominent Nazi website, recited the “14 words” online, and advocated white secession from the U.S.—reported on the rally from the ground. Fuentes posted on Facebook, “What an incredible rally here in Charlottesville,” and added that “a tidal wave of white identity is coming,” “the fire rises,” and “you will not replace us,” echoing the anti-Jewish chants in the torchlit rally from the night before, in which attendees stood behind the very symbols the bishops refused to condemn, posting pictures of nooses online and brandishing swastikas and Confederate flags on the streets.

“The most hard-core collection”

AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE, CATHOLICS have continued to be in the vanguard of neo-Nazi violence. In 2018, Rinaldo Nazarro formed a terrorist training group, modeled after al Qaeda, called The Base. Nazarro, who has fled to Russia, was raised in a family of dedicated Catholics, attended an elite Catholic prep school in New Jersey and Villanova University, and continued donating to his Catholic high school 25 years after graduating. The inaugural online post for Nazarro’s group read, “Führer, you were only the beginning. We will finish what you started,” and he told an infiltrator that “This will be the most hard-core collection of pro-white individuals in the world.” The Base calls for a race war and an all-white Pacific Northwest homeland, plans violence against Jews and Black people, organizes military training camps, builds explosive devices, and pushes for “accelerationist” tactics that seek to usher in catastrophic societal collapse.

Another of the most extreme neo-Nazi organizations today is Atomwaffen Division, whose logo is from the infamous German SS paramilitary. The group’s influences include Adolf Hitler and Charles Manson, and its aim is the violent overthrow of the government by guerrilla tactics. Atomwaffen’s most well-known murder occurred in January 2018. Samuel Woodward, who came “from a devoutly Catholic family” and as a student drew Confederate flags in art class, was charged with stabbing a 19-year-old gay, Jewish college student, Blaze Bernstein, 20 times and hiding Bernstein’s body in an Orange County, Calif. park. Woodward had traveled with an Atomwaffen division leader for a summer, helped organize members in Southern California, trained in weaponry and outdoor survival skills, and posed with other Atomwaffen members while making Nazi salutes. He spoke openly about his Catholic faith on social media and attended Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church in Newport Beach, including after the murder. When police arrested him, they found more than 100 pieces of Nazi, anti-gay, and hate group content on his phone. Judging by other Atomwaffen members, including former Catholic Devon Arthurs, charged with two murders, and the Telegram user who goes by “Catholicwaffen,” Woodward is not alone in representing both his church and perhaps the most lethal neo-Nazi group in the country.

Well-dressed Catholic nationalism

THE PROBLEM IS not just in shadowy corners of the internet or terrorist attacks; it appears more respectably in business suits and government appointments. One of the alt-right’s biggest political influences is former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, communications director under Ronald Reagan. He and fellow Catholic Joe Sobran served as inspiration for a blog referred to as “the alt-right’s favorite philosophy instructor,” and his comments on immigration and questioning the Holocaust are the type of kinder, gentler white nationalism that provides oxygen for the more obvious forms. Buchanan has claimed that Jews hold the “real power” in the U.S., that not as many died in the Holocaust as reported, and that “this has been a country built, basically, by white folks.” When an interviewer suggested that white people had held power in the U.S. for years, Buchanan bristled. “I don’t know where you grew up,” he retorted. “I grew up in a Catholic ghetto.”

Before the alt-right showed its colors in Charlottesville, the two most prominent writers for the movement’s unofficial website, Breitbart News, were both Catholic. In 2016, Breitbart’s former executive chair Steve Bannon called the site “a platform for the alt-right.” Bannon takes his religion seriously, according to those close to him, and when he listed the six books that most influenced him, the list included the classicsThe Imitation of Christ and The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. He has also aligned himself with American Renaissance, a eugenicist think tank expounding the scientific inferiority of Black people, and helped fellow Catholic Katie McHugh get “deeper and deeper into the world of white nationalism,” as she put it. After she retweeted an American Nazi Party member multiple times and posted, “Let’s make Mecca into a strip mall!” Bannon not only shielded her from punishment but later made her producer of his radio show.

Bannon oversaw the rise of his most well-known writer at Breitbart, the Catholic Milo Yiannopoulos, who would become famous for leading a harassment campaign against Black actress Leslie Jones that included unprintable slurs. Yiannopoulos has worked closely with American Renaissance, compared Black Lives Matter participants to “petulant children,” and was filmed singing karaoke with friends giving Nazi salutes. He also calls himself a “Catholic theocrat” and claims that Catholicism is the very basis of a good and true society. “Catholicism is the idea, the West is the practice,” he told an interviewer. Making his thinly veiled racist language explicit, he bragged of white people, “We invented all the good shit.”

Donald Trump hired Bannon to be his chief strategist, welcoming the alt-right movement into the highest circles of power. He tapped another Catholic, Kellyanne Conway, to be his campaign manager and later his presidential counselor. Conway calls Catholicism the “bedrock” of her life, and she cited her religion as she defended Trump’s policy of separating immigrant children from their mothers in detention. “As a mother, as a Catholic ... I will tell you that nobody likes this policy,” Conway said on Meet the Press, but she said family separation was justified because “it is a crime to enter this country illegally.” Conway sought to use her Catholicism as a shield against criticism while stripping Central American children from their families.

The cost of refusing to speak

THE THREAT IS not that white nationalists will take over the Catholic Church. The threat is that the Catholic Church harbors a culture sufficiently friendly to white nationalism that people can comfortably embrace both the faith and the most extreme forms of racial hatred. As long as Catholics can be found in neo-Nazi groups, as long as Atomwaffen members can dub themselves Catholicwaffen or receive Communion after murdering Jewish people, something in the church itself poses a concrete danger to Jews and people of color.

But more serious than foot soldiers are the Kellyanne Conways of the world, who help shape communal thought in ways that make radical white supremacy so pervasive as to turn invisible. Conway, in particular, models the kind of vapid anti-logic based on, in her own words, “alternative facts” that closely mirrors the taunting disdain of the alt-right when they deflect threats as attempts at humor and shed every argument or principle standing in the way of white power.

And yet, there will be more Kellyanne Conways and Steve Bannons as long as the U.S. bishops leave religious space open for them. They did just that by refusing to approve the amendment that clearly condemned swastikas, Confederate flags, and nooses, the three most potent symbols of white terrorism in the U.S. In doing so, neo-Nazis have more leeway to believe their white supremacist actions are done not in spite of Catholicism but in harmony with it.

Thankfully, Catholic social teaching springs up elsewhere. The faithful can read theologians such as M. Shawn Copeland and Bryan Massingale or follow the Black Catholic Theological Symposium. They can turn to Catholic activists among the civil rights and Black Power movements such as Father George Clements and the Black Unity Masses he sparked, as well as Diane Nash, who led the second wave of the Freedom Rides after the first was bombed by whites and began a two-year jail sentence for her witness while pregnant. They might even look across the 2017 Unite the Right rally’s police barricades to see Dr. Jalane Schmidt, founder of the Charlottesville Black Lives Matter chapter and public historian, who since the rally has given public lectures about the real history behind Confederate imagery. Until the bishops join one of her downtown walking tours, it is in Schmidt and people like her that Catholics can find their anti-racist leaders.

Old July 21st, 2021 #20
Crowe

Quote:
That's it, in this thread.

My greetings.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS A VISIBLE WHITE-POWER FACTION

Once persecuted by the Ku Klux Klan, some Catholics now embrace the most extreme forms of racial hatred.

https://sojo.net/magazine/august-202...-power-faction

That's Matt Heimbach, and he turn coated and joined the enemy. Yet another christian ended up being the enemy.

http://www.renegadetribune.com/matt-...more-vaccines/

Thread