Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 7th, 2018 #5601
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Unlike Mozart, Beethoven lacked a keen understanding of women. He wanted to marry a woman who was his equal, and, since he considered himself the greatest composer ever, only sought out women of the highest class. He simply didn't understand that women want to marry up. If he had lowered his sights a notch, he could have easily found a wife. Sadly, he never married.

His opera Fidelio reflects his lack of understanding of women. In the opera, the heroine rescues her husband who is being held in a dungeon. But the opera falls flat because the man is supposed to rescue the woman, not the other way around.

Here is "O Gott! Welch ein Augenblick!" from Beethoven's opera Fidelio. Notice how the heroine is emotionally overwhelmed after rescuing her husband. Even though she rescued him, he still has to comfort her.

Old February 9th, 2018 #5603
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

To what lengths will a woman go to protect her lover? In this scene from Puccini's Girl of the Golden West, Minnie's lover Dick Johnson has been shot and is wanted by the Sheriff. Sheriff Jack Rance agrees to let him go if she beats him at a poker game, but if he wins, she must marry Sheriff Rance.

Here is the Poker Scene from Puccini's Girl of the Golden West:

And, yes, her lover's name really was Dick Johnson. Did the playwright David Belasco, upon whose play the opera was based, understand the modern connotations of those names, or was it a mere coincidence?

Last edited by Nikola Bijeliti; February 9th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Old February 11th, 2018 #5604
Karl Lueger

MEGADETH- Dystopia

just saw a vid where Dave talks about guitar always being primary to Megadeth music and lyrics come second,
makes sense since he such a great guitar player..

Rambo, John J.

Old February 13th, 2018 #5605
Alex Him

Smile

Vyacheslav Mescherin's Orchestra of Electronic Instruments - "Azure Sky"

Old February 16th, 2018 #5606
A.G.

Old February 16th, 2018 #5607
A.G.

Old February 18th, 2018 #5608
A.G.

Old February 19th, 2018 #5611
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Some people today complain that marriage is a trap. But what they fail to realize is that marriage is supposed to be a trap. The whole purpose of marriage is to trap two people together to ensure that they stay together to provide a stable environment for their children. And that's a good thing.

We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much, baby
Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

Okay, let's see how many MGTOW types give this post a thumbs down. Is there a record for the most number of thumbs down on a single post?

Old February 20th, 2018 #5612
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #5613
A.G.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #5614
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
Some people today complain that marriage is a trap. But what they fail to realize is that marriage is supposed to be a trap. The whole purpose of marriage is to trap two people together to ensure that they stay together to provide a stable environment for their children. And that's a good thing.

Suspicious Mind - Elvis Presley - YouTube

We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much, baby
Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

Okay, let's see how many MGTOW types give this post a thumbs down. Is there a record for the most number of thumbs down on a single post?
I like and agree with what you said, but the song brings up something funny.

A YouTuber who recently died, called himself 'TheAngryGrandpa'. His wife was an Elvis fan to the extreme. One month she didn't pay the light bill, she sent the money to Graceland and she bought some Elvis stuff. This was in winter so it was cold. He sang that to her to express his anger. 'We're caught in a trap! I can't walk out! Because I love you too much babbbyyy!', but very sarcastically. He proceeded to sing it to her sarcastically anytime he was disgruntled.

She made a very touching video after he died, and mentioned all his Elvis teasing, which didn't really make her angry after all they'd been through in life. His Elvis hate was small potatoes in the scheme of things. They had four kids and about six grandkids.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #5615
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
One of the best voices ever. I have a rare record of his, would have to dig it out to remember the name of it, some songs on it I'd never heard.

White people who are talking about nature and look normal, that's flat out weird in 2018.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #5616
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
I like and agree with what you said, but the song brings up something funny.

A YouTuber who recently died, called himself 'TheAngryGrandpa'. His wife was an Elvis fan to the extreme. One month she didn't pay the light bill, she sent the money to Graceland and she bought some Elvis stuff. This was in winter so it was cold. He sang that to her to express his anger. 'We're caught in a trap! I can't walk out! Because I love you too much babbbyyy!', but very sarcastically. He proceeded to sing it to her sarcastically anytime he was disgruntled.

She made a very touching video after he died, and mentioned all his Elvis teasing, which didn't really make her angry after all they'd been through in life. His Elvis hate was small potatoes in the scheme of things. They had four kids and about six grandkids.
I actually can't stand Evils Presley. That is literally the only song of his that I like.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #5617
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
I actually can't stand Evils Presley. That is literally the only song of his that I like.
Yes, I liked your comment, not the song. Elvis is if I’m not mistaken part Jew and part Injun.
My favorite Elvis song is the one where he’s a ‘Hunk a hunk a burnin love’ cuz it’s funny. Angry Grandpa scream singing about not being able to walk out of the trap I like for the same reason.

Old February 23rd, 2018 #5618
Robbie Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
One of the best voices ever. I have a rare record of his, would have to dig it out to remember the name of it, some songs on it I'd never heard.

White people who are talking about nature and look normal, that's flat out weird in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
I've listened to a couple of his albums since then and am a bit disappointed. His 'hits' are still great, though. Normal White music, as you say.

Quote:
I don't see what's so great about him either, although I also like Suspicious Minds. Think Freddie Mercury was a much superior performer and singer. Elvis sort of was the first one to do it, though. So he deserves respect in that regard.

His alleged Jewish ancestry is very sketchy at best. It seems to be true he had a great-grandmother or the like that was of Cherokee ancestry, though.

Old March 2nd, 2018 #5620
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Tags
music

Thread