|May 17th, 2010||#1|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Sources on Jews and Communism
N.B. I wrote and published this on my blog: 'Semitic Controversies'. I reproduce it here for the sake of recording it somewhere else for people to use as a point of reference. I will add new entries as and when I make them. If reproducing this work elsewhere (i.e. parts of it not just individual references) please give credit and a link back to Semitic Controversies (to allow people to find things).
What I reproduce here, for ease of reference, is an ongoing series of quotations from various sources, contemporary and modern, illustrating the hotly debated connection between jews and revolutionary ideas, particularly marxism. What these sources do not provide is proof positive that the jews and communism or jews and bolshevism are interchangeable (which is in my opinion an incorrect and overstated argument), but what they do provide is an easy-to-use archive of properly referenced quotes for the use of those engaged in arguments or research on this question. As many of the books I cite are academic in nature and/or are out-of-print: I thought it would be appropriate to provide my readers and the public in general with decent, as opposed to the silly [which proliferate on 'far right' discussion boards and destroy the credibility of those arguing a connection between the two], quotations on this most debated question.
I have also marked (inside the  at the end of) the quotations for particular characteristics, which I provide a key to below:
* = Makes observations on the basis of their own visit to the Soviet Union.
+ = Makes observations on the basis of their experiences in Imperial Russia and/or during the Russian Civil War.
# = Makes observations on the basis of their own experiences in other countries that has Soviet/marxist style revolutions or attempted revolutions.
- = The author is of questionable reliability.
J = The author is a jew or jewess.
Any additional notes that maybe required for purposes of explanation and context have been made after the full citation in the references. The quotations are in no particular order.
If you have any additional quotes that you can properly reference and believe them to be of value then please do not hesitate to send them to me at the usual address: [email protected].
'The censorship department, and that means the whole machine for controlling the home and muzzling the foreign press, was entirely staffed by Jews.' (1)[*]
'There seemed not to be a single non-Jewish official in the whole outfit, and they were just the same Jews as you met in New York, Berlin, Vienna and Prague - well-manicured, well-fed, dressed with a touch of the dandy. I was told that the proportion of Jews in Government is small, but in this one department that I got to know intimately they seemed to have a monopoly, and I asked myself, where were the Russians?' (2)[*]
'How is it possible for the Jewish press to pretend that a connexion between Jews and Bolshevism is a malicious invention of the "anti-Semites"? That all Jews are not Bolsheviks and that all Bolsheviks are not Jews is of course obvious; but that Jews are playing a preponderating part in Bolshevism is absurd to deny.' (3)
'The same report publishes a list of seventy-six men prosecuted by the Committee on the charge of criminal anarchy in America at the beginning of 1920, of which the overwhelming majority are seen by their names to be Jewish.' (4) [-]
'These ninety thousand exiles constituted the heart of the approaching Bolshevik revolution. They were almost to the last man professional revolutionaries, and with few exceptions they were Jewish.' (5) [-]
'In addition to the general tendency to play down the influence and number of Russian revolutionary Jews due to antisemitic demagogy reaching back to tsarist times, research on Jewish participants in Populist organizations and parties has suffered from the preconceived idea that Populism, as an indigenous Russian ideology, was alien to the Jewish character both in Weltanschauung and revolutionary practice. Accordingly, Jewish historians have argued that this variant of Russian socialism held no attraction for Jews. Unlike latter-day Russian Social Democracy, which appealed to the Jewish psyche with its Marxist internationalism, messianic determinism, and proletarian univeralism, there was nothing in Populism a Jew could identify with. Hence, in the opinion of Lev Deich, Elias Tscherikower, and Leonard Shapiro, who have done most to shape our perceptions on the subject, the national particularlism, reactionary traditionalism, and archaic peasantism of the Russian Populists precluded meaning participation by Jews in the revolutionary movement of the 1870s and 1880s. This, they assert, is reflected in the supposedly miniscule Jewish involvement in the Populist circles and organizations of these two decades. Close investigation bears out none of this. My findings indicate that Jews flocked as much to the revolutionary standard of Populism as to that of Marxism later on; and they did so for the same motives, which were rooted in their Jewish upbringing and Jewish cosmopolitan desire to better the world.' (6)
'The number of Jews occupying high positions in the Soviet Government is probably larger than the Jewish community is entitled to either on account of its numbers or its higher education standard. But even in Russia, there are many Jewish anti-Bolsheviks; and several of the leading Commissars are very anti-Jewish. Chicherin is Russian, though several of his assistants are Jews. Derzhinsky, the head of the Extraordinary Commission, is either Russian or Polish, and none of the people whom I met in that institution were Jews. Derzhinsky's right-hand man, Mogilevsky, with whom I was brought into close and unpleasant relations, is very anti-Jewish, and is at present trying to get hold of a Jew in Moscow who supplied Mr. North, it is alleged, with large sums of money for anti-Bolshevik agitation.
There must be many such anti-Bolshevik Jews who are probably opposed to Lenin on account of his ingenious scheme of inflating the currency until money becomes valueless. One can quite understand that a race with the financial ability of the Hebrews should dislike such a project.' (7) [+]
'"Those at present active in nuclei work are primarily English, Jewish, and German, and here and there Finnish comrades. From the other nationalities there are very few who participate in this work.' (8)
'After leaving the Embassy I went to the Ours and had luncheon with Frasso, who had been at the Duma till 5 yesterday. He had nothing new to tell. In the afternoon found Madame Polovtsov just going out, so we went together down the Morskaia - Jewish students were pulling down the eagles over the shops and over the Yacht Club.' (9) [+-]
'As I happened to be at the last representation of the Imperial ballet, I went this evening to the first representation of the ballet under the new order. I was there before the curtain went up, at 7, an hour earlier than formerly. In the ground floor Imperial stage box on the left, where the Grand Dukes always sat, were several lady dancers and one man. Over their head, in the first box, where the children of the Grand Dukes used to go, were a Jew and a Jewess.' (10) [+-]
'The Jews are working openly for Germany. They are buying up house property, which is being sold much below its value for fear of worse days.' (11) [+-]
'In Budapest the working masses became threateningly restless; near the communal food-shops and other stores the waiting crowd was no longer patient and silent. I stopped often at the edge of the pavement and listened to what they said. The shabby, waiting rows of tired people struggled for hours between two wedges. In the shop the profiteers sucked their life blood; in the street paid agitators incited them cunningly, clandestinely against "the gentle-folk." "If it all depends on us how long we stand we stand it. After all we are the majority, not they."
The crowd approved and failed to notice that the Semitic race was only to be found at the two ends of the queue, and that not a single representative of it could be seen as a buyer among the crowding, the poor, and the starving... This was symbolical, a condensed picture of Budapest. The sellers, the agitators were Jews. The buyers and the misguided were the people of the capital.' (12) [#]
'As if executing a pre-arranged plan, at an inaudible command, the Jewish leaders of the trade-unions, the Jewish officials of the workmen's clubs, usurped authority.' (13) [#-]
'A goodly proportion of the hundred Jews who came out of Germany with Lenin, and the hundres who came from Chicago, deserve to be included in this gallery, for they undoubtedly held Russia under their sway.' (14) [+-]
(1) Douglas Reed, 1938, 'Insanity Fair', 1st Edition, Jonathan Cape: London, p. 195. Reed might be considered by some to be an unreliable source in view of his later well-documented anti-Semitic writing (i.e. ‘Far and Wide’ and 'The Controversy of Zion'), but when he wrote 'Insanity Fair' and his other travel books in the 1930s: he was if anything rather pro-jewish as one can ascertain from reading his writings, which are still freely available on the antiquarian book market. I would assert that we have no reason to doubt Reed's writings or his observations since as one can ascertain from the quoted passages above: they might seem overly anti-Semitic, but when one looks at the qualifiers in his sentences one finds that he is actually giving the jews the benefit of the doubt.
(3) Nesta Webster, n.d., , 'Secret Societies and Subversive Movements', 1st Edition, Omni: Palmdale, p. 387. Webster is often defamed by odious critics (who usually haven't bothered to read or accurately represent her views, which were more rational and well-researched than they present them as), but as she worked purely from secondary sources her work was heavily coloured by what information she had to hand, which is why I cite only those passages that have lasting value.
(4) Ibid. The report Webster is referring to is the Lusk Report of 1920. I have marked this to be of questionable reliability, because of the methodology that Webster professes to use [i.e. 'jewish names'], which is not a cogent general indicator of racial origin.
(5) Frank Britton, 1954, 'Behind Communism', 1st Edition, Self-Published (possibly 'American Nationalists'): Unknown, p. 45. This is the repetition of an old 'White Guard' rumour that gained currency in anti-Communist and anti-Semitic circles. It has widely been discredited, but I provide it for the sake of completeness and because any collection of this kind without noting this widely-credited rumour would certainly be remiss. A variant of this rumour can be seen cited in Revilo Oliver, 1966, 'All America Must Know The Terror That Is Upon Us', 1st Edition, Conservative Viewpoint: Bakersfield, p. 15 n. 1; pp. 22-23 n. 21. It is worth noting that Oliver notes the same sources used to substantiate this rumour by Denis Fahey (who Oliver cites as well) and Nesta Webster (Britton likely is using these widely-circulated sources as factual cribs as well).
(6) Erich Haberer, 2004, , 'Jews and Revolution in Nineteenth-Century Russia', 1st Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York, p. xii. This is a summary of Haberer's findings that he himself gives in his preface, which serves to indicate in a short, useful quotation the long evidenced argument he makes (but it does not include the qualifiers that he himself makes for which you will have to either purchase or borrow this excellent work).
(7) Francis McCullagh, 1922, 'A Prisoner of the Reds: The Story of a British Officer Captured in Siberia', 1st Edition, E. P. Dutton: New York, pp. 267-268.
(8) R. Whitney, 1924, 'Reds in America', 1st Edition, The Beckwith Press: New York, p. 135. This is a quotation from the second captured report from the raid on the Communist Party convention at Bridgman, Michigan on the 22nd August 1922. For additional confirmation of this general point see Pierre Huss, George Carpozi Jr., 1965, 'Red Spies in the UN', 1st Edition, Coward-McCann: New York particularly the case of the jewess Judith Coplon on pp. 16-40 (whose husband and family own and a well-know prosperous jewish legal practice in New York to this day [Coplon was never imprisoned for the espionage she carried out for the Soviet Union on the basis of legal technicalities]) [also mentioned by Britton, Op. Cit., p. 76]. Also see Whittaker Chambers, 1952, 'Witness', 1st Edition, Random House: New York, which is Chambers' semi-autobiographical exposition of Soviet espionage in the United States (Chambers had himself been an important spy and helped run a major Soviet spy ring with Elisabeth Bentley: hence can be reasonably relied upon) and contains many accounts of jewish Soviet spies in the United States. Chambers' own wife (one Esther Shemitz), according to Britton (Op. Cit., p 91), was a communist jewess and this seems to be probable even if I have been unable to undeniably confirm it [Britton, as usual, cites no sources and doesn't even mention Chambers' wife's name, but I have found it via an internet search].
(9) Anon., 1919, 'The Russian Diary of an Englishman: Petrograd, 1915-1917', 1st Edition, Robert McBride: New York p. 120. I have listed this as unreliable, because the author is unnamed and hence I cannot confirm whether this account is really first-hand or whether it is a literary invention (a bit like your average 'holocaust survivor' tale if you will). The passage in question states (on p. 119) that it is from Friday the 16th of March 1917: it does however seem to be a genuine diary as opposed to a literary invention (but without close investigation one cannot know for sure).
(10) Ibid., p. 137. The entry is listed as that for Wednesday the 28th of March 1917.
(11) Ibid., pp. 156-157. The entry is listed as that for the 20th of April 1917 on p. 152. It is necessary to note that the claim that 'the Jews are working openly for Germany' is probably a veiled reference to the anti-war agitation that was being conducted at the time, which was probably of a socialistic, populist, liberal and/or marxist nature (i.e. the logic is: if one is a pacifist then one is working for German victory in the First World War). It should not be taken literally. It is also unlikely to be a reference to Lenin's 'closed carriage' through Germany to agitate against the war in Russia as Lenin was not at this point an important individual, but only a minor player in Russian politics.
(12) Cecile Tormay, 1923, 'An Outlaw's Diary: Revolution', 1st Edition, Philip Allan: London, p. 45.
(13) Ibid., p. 88. I have marked this passage as potentially unreliable, because Tormay suggests throughout, but particularly in this quoted passage, that the jews were as a group behind the whole communist revolution in Hungary and this is a discredited (not to mention unrealistic) point of view, but it does have some truth to it in that jews were proportionally higher in the short-lived Communist coup in Hungary by Bela Kuhn than in the Soviet Union of the early years (one finds this view reflected by Tormay on p. 89 where she lists jewish communist leaders and jewish aides she knows of to evidence her thesis. I have not listed these as they are probably conjecture as opposed to knowns from her experiences).
(14) Robert Wilton, 1920, 'The Last Days of the Romanovs: From 15th March, 1917', 1st Edition, Thornton Butterworth: London, p. 27. Wilton is not a reliable source, but as he was present in Russia during the communist revolution it is worth including appropriate parts of his testimony as it is a legitimate, if very inaccurate, source (for the same reasons, outlined in n. 5 above, that I have quoted Frank Britton's work). For a more detailed review of the problems of Wilton's book please see our article: 'A Judeo-Bolshevik Debacle' (http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...k-debacle.html).
Last edited by Karl Radl; May 17th, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
|May 17th, 2010||#2|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
'To-day one meets the citizens of all countries on the steamers, especially Russians on ships which ply between America and Russia. Since the Russian revolution thousands of Russians have crossed the Pacific and these men and women who were residents of New York, Seattle, Chicago and Newark have flocked to the land of their birth to become officials and businessmen. One of the Bolshevist commissars of Khabarovsk, the capital of the Amur, was a Chicago lawyer. Petrograd and Moscow were filled with political agitators from New York and New Jersey. In nearly every Siberian city were refugees from cities on our western coast. On the Nippon Maru were more of these Russian-Americans en route to their native land, Bolshevist, Menshevist, ad Monarchist, plotter and peaceful citzen.
Walking the deck one evening I met a young Russian Jew from one of the communicating suburbs of New York. He had been in the United States three years, and was now en route to Russia in search for his family which he had left in a small town near Moscow.
"I don't know ver my vife iss," he said. "I half not heard about her or my children since April."
"You have an American passport?" I asked.
"No, a Russian."
"Were you in sympathy with the revolution?"
"Zertainly," was his quick answer. He was a keen, determined fellow and his English, while not perfect, showed that he had been utilizing every opportunity to improve it in his humble circumstances because he had been working in a junk-shop near Newark, and had saved five thousand dollars in three years!' (15) [+]
'Having feasted and entertained us to good Russian music, admonished us and put our passports in order, the kind-hearted Gowkovsky packed us off to Petrograd in charge of half a dozen or more of his trusty henchmen. Several of these were Jews - clever, brainy, shrewd, dogmatic; excellent linguists, perfect interpreters.
One of the facts we marked very soon in our adventurous career was the large number of Jews who occupy positions of trust and influence in the Revolutionary Administration. We remarked upon it to the Jews themselves. We were informed that only two of the seventeen People's Commissars were Jews, but that very considerable numbers indeed were employed in administrative posts, both nationally and locally, and by the Extraordinary Commission. As the membership and activity of large numbers of Jews is a feature of continental Socialist societies, particularly in Central and Eastern europe, it is worth considering for a moment why this should be so.' (16) [+]
'Said one of the best-known Jewish leaders in Russia to me when I had gently complained of too much discipline and too little freedom:
"But the Russian people are like children. They are not educated. They know nothing. They have been accustomed for centuries to slavery and dictation. Would you have us allow them to destroy themselves by their own incapacity and inexperience? Would you give a vote to each of those millions of ignorant peasants? It would be like putting a knife into the hands of a baby."
How familiar it all sounded to me, as reminiscences of the Woman Suffrage fight in England came to my mind, and I recalled the fact that this baby and carving-knife argument was one of the pet excuses for denying women their freedom.
None the less it is true that the Russian people in the main are unaccustomed to freedom, and by their nature and temperament are proper material for the exercise of power by the educated, dominating Jew. It would not be fair, however, to neglect to say that of those persons who spoke to me privately in condemnation of the Bolsheviki, a very considerable number, if not the majority, were also Jews. One is driven to the conclusion that it is the activity and strength of his mind, and not necessarily a proclivity for Bolshevist theory which is chiefly responsible for the commanding position of the Jew in the political affairs of Europe in general and of Russia in particular.
Another Jew, a fair-haired, blue-eyed Jew from the United States, met us on the Russian frontier, and offered us greetings in the name of the Soviet Republic. He was an interesting personality, whose history as a leader of strikes in America he unfolded to us on the journey from the frontier to Petrograd.' (17) [+]
'One of the very ablest of the People's Commissars is the Acting-Commissar for Ways and Communications, Sverdloff. We travelled in his company from Nijini-Novgorod to Astrakhan. He it was who kindly put at our disposal the train de luxe which carried our sick friend from Saratov to Reval, and whose considerate kindness on the ship enabled us to save his life.
He is in appearance slight and pale, of Jewish birth, with dark expressive eyes and rather autocratic manner. He has been many times in prison for his political faith, although his revolutionary record appears to have been less lurid than that of his brother who recently died of the pestilence. He was in exile in America and England for some years, and studied with acute intelligence American business methods, particularly American business discipline.' (18) [+]
'To begin with, these excesses are not organized by Russians, but by Jews and they are carried out by Letts and soldiers of the Central Powers in Russian uniform.' (19) [+-]
'We arrived at Divisional Headquarters the following day, and were lodged in the loft of a warehouse. The ground floor was a guard room, the second floor was a place of detention for Russian soldiers, and our loft was shared by spies - mostly Jews.' (20) [+-]
'The hospital kitchen was in the hands of a Polish Jew and his wife. They had begun the war with almost nothing, and they were now said to be worth thousands of pounds. No money by the kitchen but some stuck to their palms. His staff collected money for a water carrier, and gave it to him to disburse. He put it in his own pocket, and used to pay the man out of Government funds. His soldiers were so angry with him that at the outbreak of the Revolution he was one of the first they impeached. He was sent to Irkutsk to await his trial, but the case dragged on interminably. After the Bolsheviks came in he was released, and when I last heard of him he was occupying some position under their Government.' (21) [+]
'The Bolshevik leaders themselves can be divided into two classes, idealists and adventurers. Some of them are Jews, hiding under a Russian alias and taking a revengeful toll for their centuries of oppression; others are Letts, Poles, Armenians, or members of the conquered races.' (22) [-]
'It is not the fact that all Jews are Bolshevik; on he contrary, very many of them have suffered bitterly from the terror. This could not be otherwise, when it is reflected that the legal profession and journalism in Russia are largely recruited from among men of Jewish blood, and that the Press and the law courts have been abolished by the Bolsheviks. The journalists especially did good and dangerous work for Russia until they were finally muzzled. But it is the fact that almost all the Bolshevik leaders are Jews or have intimate Jewish connections.' (23) [-]
'Spies of the Extraordinary Commission for Combating Counter-revolution, the mechanism for maintaining and spreading terror, receive a salary and ten per cent of their victim's property. By such means the Russian nation has been reduced to a condition of complete subservience to the rule of a comparatively small number of men of almost exclusively Jewish extraction, aliens, that is, in blood, in education, in ideals, and supported by alien force. The extent to which this is generally recognised is shown by the common gibe in Petrograd: "Are you a Commissar or do you belong to the Orthodox religion?"' (24) [-]
'I asked a Jewish acquaintance to get my ticket for me. How this remarkable race manages, no one knows, but it is a fact that Jews are always able to get railway tickets, and never have to stand in food queues. And, sure enough, on the morrow I had a ticket to Saratov and a reserved seat to Moscow without having to pay more than a few roubles above the proper rate.' (25) [+]
'It is noticeable that under Bolshevik conditions, hardly anyone but Jews and Red Army people travel.' (26) [+-]
'The Russian Jews have always hated the Government; they did much to forment the Revolution, and played a leading part in bringing about the subsequent disasters.' (27)
'The very moment the Duma elected an Executive Committee, a Council of the Petrograd workmen sprang up as by magic; and it is to be noted that most of its members were Jews, some of them with assumed Russian names.' (28) [-]
'The 3rd squadron very soon underwent a change, due to the influence of proceedings at Rovno, where the population, which consisted chiefly of Jews was indulging in noisy celebrations of the Revolution.' (29) [-]
(15) Carl Ackerman, 1919, 'Trailing The Bolsheviki: Twelve Thousand Miles with the Allies in Siberia', 1st Edition, Charles Scribner's Sons: New York, p. 7. It should be noted that the jew Ackerman quotes goes on to say on p. 8 that he is 'not a socialist', but this is still useful in demonstrating the sympathy for far left politics among jews who were professed (in this case implied) capitalists in economic ideology.
(16) Mrs Philip Snowden, 1920, 'Through Bolshevik Russia', 1st Edition, Cassell and Company: London, pp. 27-28. The author was the Viscountess of Snowden when this book was written and this particular passage leads into a short apology on behalf of jews and an attempt to justify Snowden's observation of the number of jews who were in ranking positions in the Bolshevik administration via suggesting that they were the majority of the 'educated Russians'.
(17) Ibid., pp. 29-30.
(18) Ibid., pp. 124-125.
(19) Hereward Price, 1919, 'Boche & Bolshevik: Experiences of an Englishman in the German Army and in Russian Prisons', 1st Edition, John Murray: London, p. 96. I have noted this source as being potentially unreliable, because Price seems to just repeat what he had heard, rather than what he had seen, on this point.
(20) Ibid., p. 100. I have noted this source as being potentially unreliable, because Price doesn't indicate how he knew the spies were jews, which weakens his credibility as a source.
(21) Ibid., p. 163.
(22) G. E. Raine, Edouard Luboff, 1920, 'Bolshevik Russia', 1st Edition, Nisbet & Co: London, p. 48. I have marked this as a potentially unreliable source on the grounds that it seems to refer to the 'Commissar Lists', which were commonly reprinted and believed at the time of writing and publishing.
(23) John Pollock, 1919, 'The Bolshevik Adventure', 1st Edition, Constable and Company: London, p. xx. I have marked this as a potentially unreliable source on the grounds that it seems to refer to the 'Commissar Lists', which were commonly reprinted and believed at the time of writing and publishing.
(24) Ibid. p. 104.
(25) Ibid. p. 208.
(26) Ibid. p. 217. I have marked this as a potentially unreliable source on the grounds that Pollock does not detail how he knew the non-Red Army railways users were jews and hence damages his credibility.
(27) Baron P. Graevenitz, 1918, 'From Autocracy to Bolshevism', 1st Edition, George Allen & Unwin: London, p. 19.
(28) Ibid. p. 84. I have marked this as a potentially unreliable source on the grounds that it seems to refer to the 'Commissar Lists', which were commonly reprinted and believed at the time of writing and publishing.
(29) Ibid., p. 97.
Last edited by Karl Radl; May 17th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
|May 17th, 2010||#3|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
'I can imagine that in New York and throughout the United States the Jews are holding pow-wows all night long now that they have been granted free and equal rights in Russia.' (30) [+]
'I then asked Boris to take me to the Jewish market. This is one of the sights of Petrograd. It covers about four blocks and is full of little shops owned by Jews. You can buy everything under the sun there. Everything stolen is brought there, and if you want to buy a machine-gun, a rifle, or anything else, you can find it. This is one reason why the Jews in Russia have such a hard time. They will buy anything they think they can make money on. The people say they are buying up army guns and that they are in the pay of the Germans.
I saw thousands of soldiers in the old clothes section selling their uniforms, underwear, shoes and whatever they had. You can trade a pair of new shoes for a pair not so good and get a little money on the side. We spent a whole morning in this place. I looked at a great many pieces of jewelry. Most of this is loot, stolen during the revolution. I saw a watch that had blood-stains on it. A diamond necklace I could have bought for one-tenth of its value.' (31) [+]
'Jewish Chaplains are now at the front and we also see daily Jewish officers in the army. At the front I have seen thousands of Jews in uniform and ten per cent of the Death Battalions are Jews.' (32) [+-]
'My husband, without trying any byways or protections, intrigues or bribes, had merely spoken with the hotel man who looked after such documents for those living in the house. They had ended by driving together to Smolny one morning, to ask the permission necessary, before applying to the municipal police for passports to go beyond the frontiers. At Smolny, where they had been scarcely noticed, a soldier had directed them to a large room, on the door of which they saw written "Passports." Here they had knocked, been admitted, and found themselves opposite a Jewess, who wrote out the application which Cantacuzene had signed.' (33) [+]
‘To-day Gebhard lunched with Graf Oppersdorff to meet the Russian revolutionary representative Joffe. It was very interesting, of course, although they had to avoid politics. Gebhard describes him as a clever, ordinary international Jew, who has been all over the world and speaks every language. He praised England tremendously, admiring especially the methods of English politics and colonization.
How curious it is to note the immense power which a handful of Jews have suddenly gained in the country which until now was the seat of absolute despotism, and where for centuries the Jews have suffered such a martyrdom of cruel oppression. It almost looks sometimes as if our little continent were destined to be the bone for America and the Jews to pick.’ (34) [-]
‘I recently became well acquainted with Mr. Morris Gordin, an idealistic Russian-born Jew, who came to Chicago years ago and was a protégé in radicalism of Jane Addams’ Hull House. (His statement that no one could get far in the Red movement without the approval of the Hull House group supports my own impressions from research.) From Hull House, he was sent to live at the home of a University of Chicago professor whose heiress wife was supplying $1,000 a week to Red strikers, for further tutelage. He organized for the pro-Soviet Amalgamated Clothing Workers’ Union under Sidney Hillman, now of Roosevelt’s National Labor Board (see pages 104 and 290 of “The Red Network”), and left from the Communist Party of Chicago to go to Russia, where he acted as Press Commissar of the Comintern and as a Party leader in the Ukraine.’ (35)
‘Under Roosevelt’s inspiration and promises of rapid unionization under Section 81 of the NRA, the A. F. of L. took back the left wing pro-Soviet Amalgamated Clothing Workers’ Union headed by Sidney Hillman., Roosevelt’s Labor Board appointee, which had been ejected by the A. F. of L. in 1914 for radicalism.
The subsequent election of a Socialist Party leader, David Dubinsky, head of the socialist International Ladies Garment Workers’ Union, member of the Jewish Socialist Verband, formerly exiled to Siberia for Red revolutionary activities, as vice-president of the A. F. of L., was a lamentable, historic turn to the left.’ (36)
‘Another or Mrs. Roosevelt’s fellow committee members was Mary Van Kleeck, associate with Communist Party leaders on various committees and author of a Communist Party pamphlet in conjunction with Earl Browder, secretary of the Communist Party; another was Russian-born Jacob Billikopf, active in Jewish organizations, trustee of “The Nation” (revolutionary Socialist magazine) and “The Survey” (socialistic magazine), trustee of Harvard University (censured for its communistic trend and Government-supported), vice president of the socialistic American Association for Old Age Security, and now according to the communist Daily Worker (5/6/36), chairman of Roosevelt’s National Labor Relations Board. The Daily Worker reported that he was to preside at a meeting of the communist Friends of the Soviet Union, 5/8/36, at which James Waterman Wise (son of Rabbi Stephen S. Wise) of the communist People’s Press was to speak on the subject “The Jew in Soviet Russia”.’ (37)
‘It is not strange that the “spade work” which was done by the immigrant Red revolutionary, Russian-Jewish exiles, who in 1915, over twenty years ago, had already organized 500,000 of their race in the United States, is also bearing fruit, and that this long-time agitation for radicalism in Jewish organizations’ should be giving rise to the unjust impression that every Jew is naturally a Communist-Socialist.
It was 300,000 of this Socialist Jewish bloc who organized support for La Follette and Wheeler in 1924 on the Socialist-Progressive ticket, which polled nearly five million votes, and it is this same bloc which is now backing Roosevelt, led by Socialists Sidney Hillman, David Dubinsky (exiled to Siberia for Russian revolutionary activities), etc, in Labor’s Non-Partisan League.’ (38)
‘Thus the Morning Freiheit, alone, catering solely to Communist Yiddish-speaking Jews, claimed then about one-fifth of the paid circulation of the entire Communist press.
When a well-meaning Christian writer attempted to combat anti-Semitism by stating that the Jews play a negligible role in the Communist party, he supported this with the worst possible argument that the Jewish Federation of the Communist Party has but 15,000 members, since, if this is correct, it means that of the 40,000 members admitted by the Party in 1936 over one-third are Jewish.
But, as Francis Ralston Welsh has said, even if most of the Communists are Jews, it does not follow that most of the Jews are Communists.’ (39)
‘It was no accident that German fascist opposition to Communism became anti-Semitic, whereas Italian fascist opposition did not. The Reds in Italy, unlike Germany, were not predominately Jewish.’ (40) [-]
‘To quote the “Call of youth”, organ of the youth branch of the Jewish Socialist Workmen’s Circle (March, 1936):
“A great percentage of young Jews in the Soviet are officials, and are thus arousing the envy of our groups of the Russian population who still remember the ‘rightless’ status of the Jews in the former regime.”’ (41)
‘“In the spring of 1933 some 75 families, principally Jewish, hailing from New York, Chicago, Detroit, and other cities took over some 9,000 aches of reclaimed land, of the Owosso Sugar Beat Plantation, near Alicia, Michigan, and organized the Sunrise Cooperative Farm. The present secretary of the commune is Joseph Cohen, who is its motivating power, and principal spokesman.’ (42)
‘Socialism has made terrible inroads among the Jews.’ (43)
‘“Parvus” is the pseudonym of one of the most sinister figures in the history of the Socialist movement, Dr. Alexander Helfandt. Born at Odessa, of German-Jewish descent, he studied in Germany and in the early eighteen-nineties attained prominence as a prolific and brilliant contributor to the German Socialist review, Die Neue Zeit. He was early “exiled” from Russia, but it was suspect by a great many Socialists that in reality his “exile” was simply a device to cover employment in the Russian Secret Service as a spy and informer, for which the prestige he had gained in Socialist circles was a valuable aid.’ (44)
‘The headquarters of the Mission, then, arrived at Andijan, in the train, early one morning, when nobody was about, only to be pounced upon by a patrol of Bolsheviks, commanded by a Galician Jew. The truculent tone and manner of this wretch made ti quite clear to us that he had telegraphic instructions from the Tashkend Soviet to “double-cross” us.’ (45) [+]
‘In the revolution his brother was barbarously murdered by a Jew commissar, and now he himself was in our service: officially described as “umptieth Tiflis Grenadiers, attached Guides.”’ (46) [+-]
‘The real seat of trouble at this time was at Petrograd. There the German agents swarmed. One could hear them talk at the street-corners, in every assembly, and in every committee. By this time they were quite brazen in their statements. The most radical of these agents were Russian Jews who had returned from America.’ (47) [+]
‘I was in the hands of two sailors, a soldier and the Jewish chief agents of the Extraordinary Committee to Combat the Counter-Revolution, which is the Bolshevik’s chief weapon for maintaining and spreading the Red Reign of Terror.’ (48) [+]
‘At the Foreign Office we met a Jew named Contorovitch, who spoke English fluently. He furnished me with rooms at the Foreign Office Guest House at No. 10 Mala Haritonofskaya, which formerly was the home of a wealthy German merchant.’ (49) [+]
‘In arranging for my passport to be vised for England I came into close contact with one Rosenberg, a Jew, who had spent several years in London as a master tailor in an East End sweatshop. In 1917 he was secretary to Raymond Robins of the American Red Cross in Petrograd. When I arrived in Moscow he was in charge of the Western Section of the Foreign Office, and as the agent of the Vetchika had the handling of all foreigners in Russia.’ (50) [+]
(30) Donald Thompson, 1918, 'Donald Thompson in Russia', 1st Edition, The Century Co.: New York, pp. 123-124.
(31) Ibid., pp. 166-167. The mention of the rumour that the jews were in league with the Germans should not be taken literally, but rather as the idea that the jews were natural traitors and would look to anyone or anything who could better their personal and/or collective situation (i.e. hence 'in league with the Germans' who were then, or rather had been until recently, 'the enemy').
(32) Ibid. p. 282. I have marked this source as potentially problematic, because Thompson is telling us about his knowledge of the front, but does not tell us how he knew these things or how he could tell that 'thousands of jews were in uniform'. This is likely second-hand information that Thompson is passing along as first-hand information (and also applies to his assertion about the percentage of jews in the 'Death Squads').
(33) Princess Cantacuzene, 1919, 'Revolutionary Days: Recollections of Romanoffs and Bolsheviki 1914-1917', 1st Edition, Small, Maynard & Company: Boston, p. 358.
(34) Princess Evelyn Bluecher, 1920, ‘An English Wife in Berlin: A Private Memoir of Events, Politics, and Daily Life in Germany throughout the War and the Social Revolution of 1918’, 1st Edition, Constable: London, p. 246. I have marked this as potentially unreliable as Bluecher seems to be merely reporting what she had heard rather than what she has observed herself to be true.
(35) Elizabeth Dilling, 1936, ‘The Roosevelt Red Record And Its Background’, 1st Edition, Self-Published: Chicago, p. 8. It is worth noting that Sidney Hillman who is mentioned by Dilling in the quotation was also jewish and a prominent ‘labour activist’ in the United States. One should also note that when Dilling wrote ‘The Roosevelt Red Record And Its Background’ she was overtly sympathetic to jews and had in fact destroyed a prominent anti-Communist organisation, the Paul Reveres of Colonel Edwin Hadley, because she regarded its founder, Hadley, as an anti-Semite (which is debateable, but he certainly had a marked aversion to jews and was an adherent [possibly indirectly] of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion having either read Henry Ford’s ‘The International Jew’ or L. Fry’s ‘Waters Flowing Eastwards’, which put forth the theories he uses in some of his somewhat obscure pamphlets) and could not work with him, because of it. That she changed her views later and published anti-Semitic work in the 1950s and 1960s is irrelevant to her value as a secondary source.
(36) Ibid., p. 41. When Dilling speaks of the A. F. of L. she means the American Federation of Labor.
(37) Ibid., p. 79. Rabbi Stephen S. Wise was a very prominent Zionist Reform rabbi in the United States and among his many claims to fame is the fact that he co-founded the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People). For more information about Wise and his views see his autobiography Stephen Wise, 1949, ‘Challenging Years: The Autobiography of Stephen Wise’, 1st Edition, G. P. Putnam’s Sons: New York, which is rather revealing. It also contains some useful quotations and illuminating comments.
(38) Ibid., p. 156. We should note that the source for the 500,000 jews (given on pp. 158-159 of the same work) is the 1917-1918 ‘Jewish Communal Register’, pp. 1447-1454, and her assertion about the 300,000 jews supporting La Follette and Wheeler is sourced from the ‘New York Times’ of the 22nd of July 1924, which is stated on p. 98 of the same work. We should incidentally remind ourselves that Hillman and Dubinsky were both jewish. It is also worth noting that later on pp. 156-161 Dilling describes jewish anti-Communists and her support of them as well as an odd conspiracy theory about communist jews deliberately encouraging anti-Semitism (so nobody can reasonably accuse her of anti-Semitism at this point in her career).
(39) Ibid., p. 160. Dilling here is using as her source Hamilton Fish’s findings in House Report 2290 in 1930.
(40) Ibid., p. 161. I have marked this quotation as potentially problematic because the KPD, to which we may presume Dilling is alluding, was not predominately Jewish: although many of those involved in its founding were. For an overtly sympathetic version of these events, which adequately covers the numerous jews involved in the marxist risings and the foundation of the KPD, please see Chris Harman’s, 1997, , ‘The Lost Revolution: Germany 1918-23’, 2nd Edition, Bookmarks: London.
(41) Ibid., p. 162
(42) Ibid., p. 307. The source that Dilling is citing is the ‘Advisor’ for the 27th of May 1936.
(43) Joseph Mereto, 1920, ‘The Red Conspiracy’, 1st Edition, The National Historical Society: New York, p. 379
(44) John Spargo, 1919, ‘Bolshevism: The Enemy of Political and Industrial Democracy’, 1st Edition, Harper & Brothers: New York, pp. 311-312
(45) L. Blacker, 1922, ‘On Secret Patrol in High Asia’, 1st Edition, John Murray: London, pp. 34-35
(46) Ibid., pp. 221-222. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable, because it is not explained how Blacker or Abdulla Shah (the man whose brother had been murdered) knew that the commissar was a jew and with the ‘White’ propaganda asserting that nearly all commissars were jews at this time: it would be normal for both Blacker and Shah to label the commissar a jew without knowing whether he (or she) was or not.
(47) Florence MacLeod Harper, 1918, ‘Runaway Russia’, 1st Edition, The Century Co.: New York, p. 223. It should be noted that when MacLeod Harper talks of ‘German agents’ she is simply referring to the Germans as ‘the enemy’ on the logic that anybody who worked against Imperial Russia was therefore pro-German.
(48) Charles Edward Russell, 1919, ‘Bolshevism and the United States’, 1st Edition, The Bobbs-Merrill Company: Indianapolis, p. 266
(49) Arno Dosch-Fleurot, Hector Boon, 1921, ‘How Much Bolshevism Is There in America?/Russia from the Inside’, 1st Edition, Press Publishing Co. (New York World): New York, p. 33
(50) Ibid., p. 34
|May 17th, 2010||#4|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
‘As the Bolsheviks also believed in violence, the Bolsheviks and Maximalists formed an alliance. It is known that many of the old Terrorists were Jews, clever unscrupulous men who made a profession of this business. They were now in power in the Petrograd Soviet or Council, bearing Russian names.’ (51) [-]
‘On the second day the bank staff again appeared outside the premises, and after discussing the situation left for home. This took place day after day without intermission, whilst there suddenly appeared a Jewish commissar with several assistants, who announced himself to be in charge of the bank, and spent several hours each day in the manager’s cabinet. This individual was, however, quite inaccessible, unless the guards were at the moment surrounded by a crowd and in such a heated argument with a number of outsiders as to fail to notice your entry by stealth.’ (52) [+-]
‘To the position of textile president was appointed a workman who was known to be a former textile worker, his first secretary and most of the staff were Jews. Similar conditions prevailed in other departments.’ (53) [+]
‘When it is remembered that the people mainly responsible for all poor Russia has suffered are for the most part Jews with changed names it is perhaps hardly surprising that the greatest pacifist has in those parts become fiercely vengeful against those morally responsible for all his trouble, and without whose intellectual powers the whole show would have long since collapsed.’ (54) [+-]
‘In autumn, 1946, Archbishop Stepinac was arrested and placed on trial. He was accused of treachery committed in the war by collaboration with the Germans and the Quisling Croatian government of Pavelic and of approving the cruelties of the Ustase against the civilian population. His defense was as bold and courageous as his preaching. He did not shrink before the threats. The court which was presided over by a young Communist judge, whose Jewish mother Stepinac has personally saved from the Nazi fury, condemned him to sixteen years of hard labor in prison.’ (55)
‘Among other deeds of the NKVD during this initial period of the war was the execution of two Polish-Jewish leaders, Henryk Erlich and Victor Alter. Erlich served on the Warsaw City Council and edited a Polish-Jewish newspaper; he and Alter, a writer, were also leaders of the General Jewish Workers Union in Poland. Although Socialist-orientated rather than Communist, Erlich and Alter had been advocating that Poland and the West collaborate with the Soviet Union in foreign affairs in view of the Nazi danger.’ (56)
‘The atheist movement has become a mass movement even beyond the confines of the Soviet Union. A number of facts go to prove that this movement is gaining ground also in other countries. A growth in the antireligious movement is observed particularly among the great masses of working class Jews in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Belgium, England, America, Germany and other countries. In Warsaw, for example, on the Jewish New Year’s Day, 15 mass demonstrations were held, which were dispersed by the police.’ (57)
‘On January 15, 1936, Mikhail N. Tukhachevsky, Marshall of the Soviet Union and Assistant People’s Commissar of Defense, presented the following report to the Central Executive Committee of the U. S. S. R. Eighteen months later, he was shot, along with seven other leading Russian generals, for alleged conspiracy with the Nazis. The absurdity of this charge may be partially judged from the fact that 2 of the 8 generals were Jews.’ (58)
‘While the following petition declared that not a single Jew would die without vengeance being taken upon the Nazis, it carefully neglected to state in whose behalf this vengeance would be wreaked. In a study made for the American Jewish Committee, Solomon Schwarz shows how the Soviet Government not only did not encourage Jews to flee before the advancing Nazi armies, but actually prevented more than a third of them from escaping to the “security” of Siberia and central Asia. Neither did it make any serious effort to counteract the flood of anti-Semite propaganda which the Nazis poured into the occupied territory of the U. S. S. R.
Schwarz further establishes the fact that claims made on behalf of the August 24, 1941, Moscow Conference were unfounded. Once the Soviet-controlled Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee has been milked dry for the benefit of the Great Russians, it was completely suppressed. According to Igor Gouzenko, the Soviet code clerk who defected to the Canadian Government on September 5, 1945 (this section, exhibit No. 46), secret directives issued in Moscow had ordered the removal of Jews from influential positions in the Soviet Union at the very same time that foreign Jews were being exploited as expendable espionage agents.’ (59)
‘Also according to statements made to me by Tim Shay, his relationship toward the end of my stay here in Detroit, with the Communist Party became a little strained. It seemed that an argument developed between Tim Shay and several members, functionaries of district 7 of the Communist Party, U.S.A., State of Michigan. Shay contended that the Jewish people were taking over the top-level jobs in the national and State organizations, and at a local level, too. He felt that the Jewish people were attempting to use the Communist Party as a political party for their own interests, and he had gone to the district and had quite an argument with Helen Allison. She threatened to have him cited for anti-Semitism and expelled from the party.
Of course, Shay backed down and from then on, he was dissatisfied, and there was quite an amount of rumbling.
Milton Freeman, F-r-e-e-m-a-n, was a member of the Midtown Club of the Communist Party, and his address at that time was 531 Illinois Street, Detroit, Mich.
Milton Freeman, F-r-e-e-m-a-n, was a member of the Midtown Club of the Communist Party, was the husband of Sis Cunningham, and during his stay here in Detroit was employed by the Detroit Times as a reporter.
Carmelia Fordham was press director of the East Side Council of district 7, Communist Party, State of Michigan.
Harry Glassgold was a member of the Midtown Club of the Communist Party, district 7, and also –’ (60) [#]
‘I was then president of the Jewish Peoples Fraternal Order and was very glad to take that opportunity to speak on that question because anti-Semitism was a crime against the state in the Soviet Union, and I felt that the Jewish people had been treated extraordinarily well in the Soviet Union, and so I was very glad of the opportunity to express that point of view.’ (61) [+J]
‘The centre decided to send a delegation to make this proposal to Soviet military command now advancing rapidly eastward; and it prudently invited the leaders of the Irkutsk Bolsheviks, Krasnoshchekov, to accompany the delegation. Krasnoshchekov, who was of Russian Jewish birth, had spent many years in Chicago and returned to Siberia after the February revolution.’ (62)
‘Krasnoshchekov, laying down his diplomatic role, became prime minister and minister for foreign affairs in the Far Eastern Government. One of his associates was “Bill” Shatov, a well-known American revolutionary leader, also of Russian Jewish birth.’ (63)
‘It is indeed not certain that, when lists of members of “national” governments are produced showing a majority of Russian names, the bearers of those names were necessarily Russians; Russian names, and names with Russians forms, were current among many of the non-Russian nationalities. But there are authenticated cases such as the appointment of Dimanshtein, the Jewish member of the collegium of Narkomnats, as a member of the first Kazakh military-revolutionary committee, and of Vainshtein, one of the leaders of the Jewish Bund, as first president of the TsIK of the Bashkir Autonomous SSR; and these were certainly not isolated instances in the earlier years, when frequent transfers of party workers from one field to another were common practice.’ (64)
‘The very utmost that can be said is that the Jews are found among the prominent men of the Soviet Republic to an extent greater than the proportion they bear to the entire population.’ (65) [+]
‘There is a sort of Jacobin court which meets in a street whose name is now infamous to the ears of Russians – the Garochovaia, or Street of Peas. The chief judge is an obese Jewess with oiled locks who lolls on a seat while all around her press her crew of Soviet delegates, largely consisting of more or less self-designated members. This court is called “the extraordinary committee fighting the counter revolution, speculation and sabotage.”’ (66) [-]
‘J. Vostron, organizer of the Jewish Carpenters’ Union, later a Bolshevik organizer in Moscow.’ (67)
‘On Nov. 15, 1917, at Cooper Union, New York, Elmer Ronseberg, a Socialist Assemblyman elect, at a celebration of the Jewish Socialist Federation, prophesied a revolution in America.’ (68)
‘Here the first person we met was a young Jew from America, one of the followers of Emma Goldman, who was deported with her on the “Burford.” He had little sympathy for Marxism in any shape or form, but offered no alternative policy to suit Russian conditions.’ (69) [+]
‘Jews in Russia are now not at any rate subject to the persecutions of former days, and possibly on account of their big share in the inception of the Bolshevik movement a great many Jews are in control of Russia.’ (70) [+]
(51) E. P. Stebbing, 1918, ‘From Czar to Bolshevik’, 1st Edition, John Lane: London, p. 26. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable, because it seems to reference the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which have subsequently been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(52) W. Daniel, n.d., ‘Russia: 1918: Bolshevism in Practice’, 1st Edition, Self-Published: Stockport, p. 11. I have indicated that this quotation is essentially problematic, because Daniel doesn’t explain how he know the commissar was a jew and with the claims about all commissars being jewish that were widely circulated and believed at this time it is likely that Daniel simply assumed the commissar was jewish because he was a commissar rather than because he knew it to be the case.
(53) Ibid., p. 22
(54) Ibid., p. 54. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable, because it seems to reference the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which have subsequently been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(55) Josef Korbel, 1951, ‘Tito’s Communism’, 1st Edition, University of Denver Press: Denver, p. 157
(56) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1960, ‘Facts on Communism: The Soviet Union from Lenin to Khrushchev’, Vol. II, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 221
(57) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1956, ‘The Communist Conspiracy: Strategy and Tactics of World Communism’, Part 1, Section B, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., pp. 277-278
(58) Ibid., pp. 317-318
(59) Ibid., p. 433
(60) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1952, ‘Communism in the Detroit Area', Part 1, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., pp. 2741-2742. The reference to three individuals and their association with the CPUSA in the Detroit area is possibly meant to refer to all three as jews: hence its inclusion in the quotation.
(61) Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 1955, ‘Strategy and Tactics of World Communism: The Significance of the Matusow Case: Hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and other Internal Security Laws of the Committee of the Judiciary of the United States Senate Eighty-Fourth Congress First Session pursuant to Senate Resolution 58’, Part 5, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 568
(62) Edward Hallett Carr, 1950, ‘A History of Soviet Russia: The Bolshevik Revolution 1917-1923’, Vol. I, 1st Edition, MacMillan: New York, p. 355
(63) Ibid., p. 356
(64) Ibid., p. 376
(65) William T. Goode, 1920, ‘Bolshevism at Work’, 1st Edition, Harcourt, Brace and Howe: New York, p. 122
(66) William Hornaday, 1919, ‘The Lying Lure of Bolshevism’, 1st Edition, American Defense Society: New York, p. 13. This quotation has been marked as potentially unreliable since it seems to have been written in Warsaw and seems to be almost comic in nature, but we would be remiss if we did not include it as it is a valid, if unreliable, source and commentary on the situation in Petrograd.
(67) Ibid., p. 16
(68) Ibid., p. 23
(69) John Clarke, 1921, ‘Pen Pictures of Russia Under the “Red Terror”: Reminiscences of a surreptitious journey to Russia to attend the Second Congress of the Third International’, 1st Edition, National Workers’ Committees: Glasgow, p. 162. It should be noted that Emma Goldman, the anarchist thinker and ideologue, was herself jewish as was her close collaborator, fellow anarchist ideologue and lover Alexander Berkman.
(70) Cecil Malone, 1920, ‘The Russian Republic’, 1st Edition, Harcourt, Brace and Howe: New York, pp. 65-66. Malone was a sitting Member of Parliament and held the military rank of colonel at the time he wrote these words.
|May 17th, 2010||#5|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
‘The leader of the rising is one Ochel, who was before the war a marriage broker, during the war a deserter, and who has lately published in Holland a violent pamphlet of his own. A Russian Jewess called Feuerstein, who came to Dusseldorf in some capacity connected with the Bolshevik news agency in Germany, is believed to provide a link with Petrograd.’ (71)
‘The names of the “Red Five” of Canada are R. T. Jones, of Winnipeg; W. A. Pritchard, of Vancouver; Joseph Knight, of Edmonton; V. R. Midgley, of Vancouver; and Joseph Maylor, of Cumberland. Most of them had been opponents to conscription. Warrants have been issued in June for the arrest, besides the first two, of Sam Blumenberg and B. Drivatkin, while the four aliens charged in July for sedition were Blumenberg, Kharitonov, Almazov and Schoppeltrel. The last five names are evidently Russian and Jewish. Inspector Guthrie, of the Toronto detective force, stated (end of May) that there were three Bolshevist societies in the city which were working secretly to encourage and maintain the industrial unrest. Of these the membership was 90 per cent foreign and 75 per cent Russian. They were careful not to appear on strike committees, but were busy sowing the seeds of revolution. There were, undoubtedly, similar organizations at Vancouver, Victoria, and Winnipeg.’ (72) [-]
‘The fact is that there were by far more than 450 Russian (Jewish) refugees who left America for Russia after the beginning of the Russian Revolution, to play a very important part in the development of Bolshevism in Russia. This fact explains many things which happened since. To make clear the part of American propagandists in Russia I may quote some testimonies of the American eye-witnesses given before the Senate Sub-committee. Here is the testimony of Mr. R. B. Dennis, a teacher in North-Western University, who had worked in Russia from November 1917 to September 1918, first for the American Y.M.C.A., and since April in the Consular Service. He had been all over Russia, in Rostov, Kharkoff, Moscow, Nijni Novgorod, and Petrograd. This is what he says:
… A thing that interested me very much was to discover a number of men in positions of power, Commissaries in the cities here and there in Russia, who had lived in America… in the industrial centres. I met a number of them, and I sat around and listened to attacks upon America that I would not take from any man in this country.
Senator Wolcott: In the main, of what nationality were they?
Mr. Dennis: Russian Hebrews. The men that I met there had lived in America, according to their stories, anywhere from three to twelve years…
Senator Overman: Are these people over there, who have lived in the United States, taking part in the Bolshevist movement?
Mr. Dennis: This is the thing that, in my opinion, backed up by opinions of other Americans, Englishmen, and Frenchmen with whom I talked when we got into Moscow, and were waiting there three weeks before we got out, and comparing notes, seems more interesting than the fact that they are there in positions of power; that these men were the most bitter and implacable men in Russia on the programme of the extermination, if necessary, of the bourgeois class. I never met a more implacable individual than a man that they called the War Commissary in Nijni-Novgorod; he has been in this country a number of years. Our general in Moscow was, that anywhere from 20 to 25 per cent of Commissaries in Soviet Russia had lived in America.
Senator Overman: Do you know any of them that have been naturalized in this country?
Mr. Dennis: No… I asked two, I recall, and they said they had not… One man, when I bade him good-bye, said: “Good-bye, I will see you in about ten years. We are coming over to America to pull off this same show.”
The same impressions are given by a man of a very different set of opinions, Mr. Raymond Robins, the head of the American Red Cross Mission in Russia, who functioned as unofficial representative of the American Ambassador, David K. Francis, with the Soviet Government. Says Mr. Robins:
There was another fact of importance. There returned to Russia, immediately at the beginning of the Revolution, great numbers of Russians from America, immigrants, both Gentile and Jew… They represented genuine honest men who had met America at America’s worst… then came back to Russia and spoke… [they] interpreted America as the capitalist’s heaven and the workman’s hell. That was perfectly false, but it carried influence, because those men spoke the language, and they came back with that interpretation; and man after man, when I was fighting against the rise of Bolshevism, said: “We do not care for your democracy; we do not want political democracy; we are going to have a real economic Revolution. We did not depose our Tsar to get twenty Tsars; we are not going to a Tsar of oil, a Tsar of coal, a Tsar of the railroads.”… To this group (of honest men) were added the agitators who were the paid agents of Germany or doctrinaire Socialists of the destructive groups, such as the I.W.W.
It is now known that it was Colonel Raymond Robins who, through his private secretary, one of these Russian Jews from America, Mr. Alexander Gumberg, got possession of the documents serving to reveal the German pecuniary connections with the Bolsheviks, both before and after the Russian Revolution. Mr. Gumberg’s antecedents are particularly interesting. To my knowledge (I have the following from a Russian witness closely connected with Mr. Gumberg), Mr. Gumberg had lived in New York for about fifteen years, and he contributed to the New World (Trotsky’s newspaper). His brother, known under the name of the Commissary Zorin; lived in the same room with Trotsky during his stay in New York, a year before the Revolution of 1917. This also explains the good relations between Mr. Robins and the Bolshevik authorities. Mr. Francis, in his testimony, wondered what Colonel Robins meant by saying: “I have the goods on my person,” while leaving Russia via Vladivostok. My informant helped me to solve the riddle: it was platinum brought from the Bolsheviks through the intermediary of Alexander Gumberg. Intimate relations of Colonel Robins with that group of the Bolsheviks are also proven by the fact that Radek, Trotsky, and his lady secretary, saw the Americans off in Moscow, and Radek said he hoped that the “materials” given to them, and filling up quite a railway carriage, would reach their destination, and that “soon they will accomplish the American revolution.”’ (73)
‘Alexander Gumberg, Robins’ secretary, performed in Moscow the functions of the chief censor of telegrams despatched by foreign journalists to America, England, and France. No telegram passed without being controlled by Gumberg. After his return to America, Gumberg was appointed president and chief managed of the Russian Telegraphic Agency (Rosta) in New York. On December 23, 1917, a decree appropriated 2,000,000 roubles for the needs of the revolutionary international movement and for the purpose of carrying on the work of the Soviet Governments in other countries besides Russia. The bureau of international revolutionary propaganda was attached to the Commissary for Foreign Affairs, and another Russo-American Jew, Mr. Reinstein, was appointed as its head, under Radek.’ (74)
‘It is only natural that in a country like the pre-revolutionary Russia a large percentage of such men should be found among the Jewish population, and there is no doubt that Jews to a very large extent control and provide the working machinery of the Bolshevik party. Of the twelve leading Bolshevik commissars eight are Jews, and there is a certain significance in the fact that they have seen fit to retain even to-day the Russian pseudonyms which they had formerly adopted as a measure of protection from the police. Amongst the smaller officials of the Bolshevik commissariats the percentage of Jews is probably even higher. To avoid any misinterpretation it should be pointed out that there is also a high percentage of Jews both in the Menshevik and social-revolutionary parties and also in the Cadet party, while it is interesting to note that the assassination of Count Mirbach and the Bolshevik commissar Uritsky and the attempt of Lenin’s life were in each instance carried out by anti-Bolshevik Jewish Socialists.’ (75) [-]
‘Trotsky heard my answer, “to repair some machine in a Russian factory,” the permit was signed and I was again conducted by the two Guards back to the waiting-room and a pass handed me without which it would have been impossible for me to leave the building. I may add that this permit was not considered sufficient by the lady of Jewish extraction who presided at that time over the Petrograd evacuation committee at the Marine Palace, and I was compelled after all to get another permit signed by the Commissar for foreign affairs before I received the final permit which enabled me to take my place in the queue waiting to buy railway tickets.’ (76) [+-]
‘So it was at the beginning of our century that “Red ruin and the breaking up of laws” was well on its way sweeping out what little belief many talented “after Christians” still cherished in the supernatural life, who together with atheist Jews – God save the mark! – and a few renegade Catholics formed a force that had already become a powerful factor, here, too, in America in opposition to those right principles and sound institutions that are our proud inheritance as a free people.’ (77) [J]
‘The Arbeiter Ring (Workmen’s Circle) a Jewish fraternal, beneficial propaganda society, having some 600 branches with over 71,000 members, mostly in and around New York City, has been foremost in organizing Socialist Sunday Schools. These schools are established in many cities in our country and they are now being chartered by the Yipsels.’ (78) [J]
‘August 7. – I called at temporary prison and saw Greenep, Whishaw, and Jerram. They are well treated by their guards who are real Russians, unlike most of their leaders, who are either fanatics or Jewish adventurers like Trotsky or Radek.’ (79) [+-]
‘Sir, - On 30th August I left for Moscow, largely in connection with negotiations for evacuation of British subjects from Russia. The same day Uritski Commissary at Petrograd, for combating counter-revolution, was assassinated by a Jewish student Kanegiesser, whose father is a wealthy engineer and holds a very good position at Petrograd.’ (80) [+]
‘The Extraordinary Commission of Petrograd had on the orders of the day of one of their sittings the question of the application of torture. It is common knowledge that the unfortunate Jewish student who killed Britozsky was tortured three or four times before his execution.’ (81) [+]
‘The Bolsheviks can no longer be described as a political party holding extreme communistic view. They form relatively small privileged class which is able to terrorise the rest of the population because it has a monopoly both of arms and of food supplies. This class consists chiefly of workmen and soldiers, and included a large non-Russian element, such as Letts and Esthonians and Jews; the latter are especially numerous in higher posts. Members of this class are allowed complete licence, and commit crime against other sections of society.’ (82) [+]
‘Following from consul at Ekaterinburg, 6th February: -
“From examination of several labourer and peasant witnesses I have evidence to the effect that very smallest percentage of this district were pro-Bolshevik, majority of labourers sympathising with summoning of Constituent Assembly. Witnesses further stated that Bolshevik leaders did not represent Russian working classes, most of them being Jews.’ (83) [+]
‘I have been for ten years in Russia, and have been in Petrograd though the whole of the revolution.
I spent six weeks in the Fortress of Peter and Paul, acted as chaplain to His Majesty’s submarines in the Baltic for four years, and was in contact with the 9th (Russian) Army in Romania during the autumn of 1917 whilst visiting British Missions and hospitals, and had ample opportunity of studying Bolshevik methods.
It originated in German propaganda, and was, and is being, carried out by international Jews.’ (84) [+]
‘So effective is the Terror that no one dares to engage in anti-Bolshevik propaganda. People have been arrested for a simple telephonic conversation, in which the terms seemed ambiguous or could be interpreted as adverse to the Bolsheviks. An arrest is the prelude to every kind of corruption; the rich have to pay huge exactions to intermediaries, who are usually Jews, before they can obtain their release.’ (85) [+]
‘At the Putilov Works anti-Semitism is growing, probably because the food supply committees are entirely in the hands of Jews and voices can be heard sometimes calling for a “pogrom.”’ (86) [+]
‘Bolshevism is non-national and non-democratic. It is non-national; in April of 1918 Lenine’s and Trotzky’s government included 384 men, represented by two negroes, thirteen Russians, fifteen Chinamen, twenty-two Armenians and Georgians, sixty Russian Jews, and two hundred and sixty-four apostate Jews who had come to Russia from the United States and who belong to Trotzky’s group organized in New York.’ (87) [-]
‘Trotzky and Lenine placed their friends over the various administrative provinces of Russia. One apostate Jew was made tax collector, another made sheriff, to arrest any one who attacked the tax collector; a third was appointed judge, to clear the tax collector, and a fourth was made military governor, to use the Red soldiers to protect the tax collector.’ (88) [-]
‘In some instances the Bolsheviki instigated the peasants to massacre hundreds of innocent people in adjacent villages and towns. They did not stop, or even protest against, the most savage anti-Jewish pogroms.’ (89)
‘In inventing the most refined methods of torturing the victim, Dzerjinsky’s imagination has no limits. It is probably only his companion, the Jewess Braude of the Moscow Cheka, who can compete with him in these fields.’ (90)
(71) Paul Miliukov, 1920, ‘Bolshevism: An International Danger’, 1st Edition, George Allen & Unwin: London, p. 140. It should be noted that Miliukov is here quoting H. E. Bailey in the ‘Daily Telegraph’ for January the 13th 1919. He also notes that Feuerstein is also mentioned as a jewish Bolshevik agent by M. W. Nevinson in the ‘Daily News’ for January the 13th 1919. These stories are of the same event and differ slightly in their specifics, but both agree that Feuerstein was a jewess and that she was a Bolshevik agent.
(72) Ibid., p. 265. I have marked this quote as potentially unreliable because it relies on Miliukov’s assumption of what a jewish name is and as names are not a good indicator, generally-speaking, of whether someone is jewish or not we must own that Miliukov’s assertion must be treated very cautiously.
(73) Ibid., pp. 272-276
(74) Ibid, p. 279
(75) Anon., 1919, ‘Bolshevik Aims and Ideals and Russia’s Revolt against Bolshevism’, 1st Edition, MacMillan: New York, p. 16. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable, because it seems to reference the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which subsequently have been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(76) H. V. Keeling, 1919, ‘Bolshevism: Mr. Keeling’s Five Years in Russia’, 1st Edition, Hodder and Stoughton: New York, p. 150. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable given that Keeling does not tell us how he knew that the lady in question was of jewish extraction.
(77) David Goldstein, Martha Moore Avery, 1919, ‘Bolshevism: Its Cure’, 1st Edition, Boston School of Political Economy: Boston, p. 19
(78) Ibid, p. 244
(79) HMSO, 1919, ‘Collection of Reports on Bolshevism in Russia’, 2nd Edition, His Majesty’s Stationary Office: London, p. 2/Doc. 2. The author of this report was Sir E. Howard. I have marked this quotation as potentially unreliable, because it seems to reference the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which subsequently have been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(80) Ibid., p. 4/Doc. 5. The author of this report was Sir M. Findlay. It is worth noting that Uritsky was himself jewish.
(81) Ibid, p. 26/Doc. 12. The author of this report was a ‘Mr. G’. The name of the individual was censored by HMSO.
(82) Ibid, p. 33/Doc. 26. The author of this report was Mr. Alston. This document may or may not be referencing the ‘Commissar Lists’, but on balance I have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt.
(83) Ibid., p. 38/Doc. 33. The author of this report was Mr. Alston. This document may or may not be referencing the ‘Commissar Lists’, but on balance I have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt.
(84) Ibid., p. 67/Doc. 56. The author of this report was the Rev. B. S. Lombard. This document may or may not be referencing the ‘Commissar Lists’, but on balance I have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt.
(85) Ibid., p. 79/Doc. 58. The author of this report was a ‘Mr. B’. The name of the individual was censored by HMSO.
(86) Ibid., p. 83/Doc. 59. The author of this report was a ‘Mr. B’. The name of the individual was censored by HMSO.
(87) Newell Dwight Hillis, 1920, ‘Rebuilding Europe in the Face of World-Wide Bolshevism: A Study of Repopulation’, 1st Edition, Fleming H. Revell: Chicago, p. 96. I have marked this quotation as unreliable, because it references the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which subsequently have been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(88) Ibid, pp. 190-191. I have marked this quotation as unreliable, because it references the ‘Commissar Lists’, which were widely believed at the time the work was written and published, but which subsequently have been debunked by scholars as being without value.
(89) John Spargo, 1920, ‘“The Greatest Failure in all History”: A Critical Examination of the Actual Workings of Bolshevism in Russia’, 1st Edition, Harper & Brothers: New York, p. 103
(90) Boris Brasol, 1922, ‘The Balance Sheet of Sovietism’, 1st Edition, Duffield and Company: New York, p. 153
|May 17th, 2010||#6|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
‘In the vicinity of New York City the Communist camps include a very high percentage of Jewish boys and girls. There is no Federal law prohibiting such camps teaching disloyalty and practically treason to thousands of healthy and bright young future Americans, and they are permitted to exist and continue to warp the minds of immature children whose parents have fled from countries where they were oppressed to a land of freedom and of equal opportunity.’ (91)
A son of a rabbi and loud in self-defense of repeated accusations made because of his membership in the Communist Party. Harry is one of the most militant fellow-travellers we have. There is no definite tie to link him in actual membership in the party, but no doubt whatsoever as to his beliefs.
If not a member it may be mainly or solely because of the position his father occupies in the Jewish synagogues. Loud and arrogant, completely the tool of the Reds, Harry is both a formidable foe and a pitiful figure.
Harry was an executive board member of our local by virtue of his position as chief shop steward of the radio Bond Street section of the Bridgeport General Electric plant.
Harry has attended Communist meetings and has also invited and taken neighbors of his from Stratford to these meetings.’ (92) [#]
‘I seldom went to the school library, since my work requires little reference reading. But one day I wandered in and was confronted immediately with Paul Radin’s “The Racial Myth.” This book is treasonable and anti-Christian. It states in bald terms that there is to be a World Soviet State and that it is to be established by Americans, Jews and Russians.’ (93)
‘Mr. Scherer. Today the Communist Party is violently anti-Semitic, isn’t it?
Dr. Dodd. Let me just put it this way, Congressman Scherer, to be fair, publicly they will say they are against it, but when the question arose, when the 10 or 12 doctors were arrested – what happened in the Daily Workers, the unit which gives the line out to the party people – the Daily Worker began using the same kind of lies which Fascist minded people might be using against the Jewish people. They kept saying, “Of course, there are Jews down in Wall Street, and therefore the doctors in the Soviet Union must be the same type of characters as those people.”
In other words, they mouthed the same kind of anti-Semitism which we hear from people who are a real menace.’ (94) [#]
‘Captain Schneur seemed to have rendered so many services to the Bolsheviki that I could not help asking him how he came to be arrested.
“Jealousy and vengeance of a woman,” he answered, and explained to me how the mistress of Comrade Krylenko, a Jewess named Mme. Rasmirovich, asked him for some “help” before he left Petrograd.
It seemed that Mme. Rasmirovich had obtained the right and exclusive privilege from Smolny to print The Soldiers’ Pravda (the Bolshevist trench newspaper) and wanted to make her business proposition still more profitable by confiscating large quantities of printing paper in the offices of a big Petrograd newspaper. She wanted Captain Schneur to sign the order of requisition and furnish soldiers to commit the theft. He refused both. In her anger she vowed that he would pay heavily for his offence to her and she began to spread the report that he had been in correspondence with the Secret Police while he lived in Paris, and finally persuaded Comrade Krylenko to have him arrested and sent to the Fortress.’ (95) [+]
‘The Communist organization of the Soviet Government has proved to be only a dream which cannot be practically realized. Bolshevism in Russia is only a part of the revolutionary anarchy and can be divided into two periods: (a) that of the decay and destruction of the army, which I call the period of the German agents; (b) that of the Red Terror, which I call the period of the historical vengeance of the oppressed in general and of the Jews in particular.’ (96) [+]
‘Together with other released Party members, Dzerzhinsky arrived at the conference held by the Warsaw committee of the Social-Democratic Party in connection with the revolutionary fervour which continued to mount in view of the October strike which had spread throughout Russia. (“The ovation that greeted them can easily be imagined,” wrote A. Krajewski.) Jakub Goldenberg, who was chairing the conference, immediately passed his functions over to Dzerzhinsky.’ (97)
‘Unfortunately there were still to be undergone the three or four years of civil war and famine, during which, at the hand of the contending armies, the bulk of the Jewish population suffered the worst excesses. All that can be said is that, on the whole, the White Armies were the most brutal, whilst the Red Army did its best to protect these poor victims, notwithstanding the fact that, for one or other reason, the majority of the Jews were, for some time, not sympathetic to the Bolshevik government. Its condemnation of profit-making trading, as of usury, bore harshly on the Jews of White Russia and the Ukraine, whose families had been for centuries excluded alike from agriculture and the professions, and confined to the towns of the Jewish Pale. In 1921 the New Economic Policy temporarily enabled many of them to resume their businesses; but by 1928 the all-pervading collectivist enterprises of the trusts and the cooperative societies, aided by penal taxation and harsh measures of police, had killed practically all the little profit-making ventures to which the Jewish families were specially addicted.’ (98)
‘For the economic rehabilitation of the Jews – apart from those whose education and ability enabled them to obtain official appointments or entrance to the brain-working professions – the main resource was placed upon the establishment of Jewish agricultural settlements, at first in Southern Ukraine and the Crimea, and latterly in the extensive territory allocated for this purpose at Biro-Bidjan on the Amour River, in Eastern Siberia. Largely by Government help with land and credit, assisted by a whole series of philanthropic associations promoted by Jews of the United States (notably the Jewish Distribution Committee), as well as those of the USSR in the great voluntary Jewish Colonisation Society (OZET), something like forty thousand Jewish families, comprising a hundred and fifty thousand persons, have within the past fifteen years, been added to the agricultural population of the Soviet Union, one fourth in Biro-Bidjan, which has already been made an “autonomous region”, ranking as an oblast, and will become a “Jewish autonomous republic” as soon as it obtains sufficient population.
To all the aggregations of Jews, although not recognised as a nation, the Soviet Government concedes the same measure and kind of cultural autonomy as it accords to the national minorities so called.’ (99)
‘Mr. Tavenner. What kind of a meeting was it?
Mr. Sampler. It was a Communist meeting, but whether it was under a committee or a commission, I don’t know.
Mr. Tavenner. Did he hold any position in the Communist Party in the District of Columbia at that time, to you knowledge?
Mr. Sampler. Not that I know of.
Mr. Tavenner. This address, 4402 Georgia Avenue, is it a private home or an apartment building, or what is it?
Mr. Sampler. It is the Jewish Community Center, I believe that is the name.’ (100) [#]
‘Mr. Moulder. What was Mr. Wahl doing at that time?
Mr. Lowenthal. He was Washington representative or secretary of the American Jewish Conference, which was an amalgamation of a great many Jewish organizations as I understand it.’ (101) [#J]
‘Mr. Arens. Could you kindly tell us again the circumstances of your joining the Communist Party when you joined?
Mr. Cherlin. The circumstances proceeding my actual joining was that I functioned as a music teacher in a Jewish fraternal organization called the Jewish People’s Fraternal Organization [Order].
Mr. Arens. Was that an adjunct of the International Workers Order?
Mr. Cherlin. That is right. We would go from 1 lodge or 1 group to another, a group of 3 or 4 teachers, were we would give lessons. One or two of these people were party people; and, in travelling from one place to another, we would have discussions, political, theoretical, philosophical, and practical; and pressures were put upon me to join the Communist Party.’ (102) [#J]
‘Mr. Arens. Have you appeared, given concerts, under the auspices of the School of Jewish Studies in the course of the last few years?
Mr. Hollander. I don’t recall, sir.
Mr. Arens. We display to you now a thermofax reproduction of an announcement in the Communist Daily Worker (March 30, 1948, p. 5), to the effect that there will be a concert at the School of Jewish Studies in which the artists listed include Max Hollander.
Look at that and see if that refreshes your recollection.
(The document was handed to the witness.)
(The witness conferred with his counsel.)
Mr. Hollander. It is possible, sir, but I don’t remember. Being a violinist of certain stature. I have played concerts a great deal, and I, as a rule, have not asked where the job comes from. May I elaborate, if I may, sir?
Jobs, as a rule, come through the telephone, and have to go through the union somehow. One accepts a job and does not ask who is the employer, but one finds out who has hired him. In effect, that particular person acts as a contractor. I have no recollection of having played a concert for a Jewish school. I may have, sir.
(Document marked “Hollander Exhibit No. 2,” and retained in committee files.)
Mr. Arens. You know the School of Jewish Studies has been repeatedly cited as a Communist-controlled outfit: do you not?’ (103) [#]
‘Mr. Arens. What connection, if any, have you had with the School of Jewish Studies?
Mr. Hellerman. Is that – Excuse me a moment.
(The witness conferred with his counsel.)
Mr. Hellerman. I am afraid I really don’t understand the question. I don’t know exactly what you mean when you say association.
Mr. Arens. Have you performed at the School of Jewish Studies?
Mr. Hellerman. I don’t know. I have performed in a great many places.
Mr. Arens. Do you have any recollection of performing there? If you do not, we will pass on to another question.
Mr. Hellerman. I have no recollection of performing there.
Mr. Arens. ‘Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?
Mr. Hellerman. I believe that I will decline to answer that question on the basis of the fifth amendment.
Mr. Arens. Are you now a member of the Communist Party?
(The witness conferred with his counsel.)
Mr. Hellerman. I decline to answer on the previous grounds.
Mr. Arens. I want to invite your attention, if you please, Mr. Hellerman, to the article appearing in the Daily Worker of 1947 (December 12), which I shall now display to you, in reference to a series of entertainment programs. We have marked here, just for the purpose of directing your attention to it, the name “Fred Hellerman,” of People’s Songs, who is to perform in “Village Varieties, a smash hit, “ and the admission is 75c or a subscription to the Worker. Kindly look at that article, if you please, sir, and tell us if that prompts your recollection of that incident.
Mr. Hellerman. I decline to answer that.’ (104) [#]
‘By a curious – what shall I call it? – coincidence all these men, most of whom were about to play a leading part in the great betrayal of Russia, were Jews.’ (105)
‘What was to all intents and purposes a branch of the Whitfield Street club was established at 49, Tottenham Street, under the title of the Social Democratic Communist Club. In Cable Street, a small thoroughfare turning out of Princes Square, there existed for some time a club known as The Dawn. Greater notoriety has attached to the anarchist club in Berner Street, Commercial Road. It was originally known as the Nihilist Club, and was founded by Russian refugees. The gulf between nihilism and anarchism is not great, the latter, indeed, including the former. The members of the Berner Street club were mainly recruited from the populous colony of foreign Jews that has settled in the East End of London. In April, 1891, the seventh anniversary of the foundation of this club was celebrated, one of the speakers remarking on this occasion that, though “the revolutionary movement among the Hebrews is of comparatively recent origin, at present wherever there are Jews in London, America, Australia, Poland or Russia, among those Jews will be found anarchists.”’ (106)
‘I had often heard of the honesty of the Jewish smugglers on the frontier; but I had never expected to have such proof of it. Later on, when our circle imported many books from abroad, or still later, when so many revolutionists and refugees crossed the frontier in entering or leaving Russia, there was not a case in which the smugglers betrayed anyone, or took advantage of the circumstances to exact an exorbitant price for their services.’ (107) [+]
‘We must have been there by the time I was six, for I remember the night of the 1935 General Election. It was raining and some people came to the door to take my father to vote for Lewis Cohen, the Labour candidate.’ (108) [#]
‘Because the Communist movement was so heavily infiltrated and influenced by Jewish activists it was natural that the Communist movement should be directed towards passionately attacking the anti-Semitism of National Socialism.’ (109) [#]
‘It was probably during the summer of 1946 that the Fabian Society obtained a very large property in Richmond Terrace, facing St. Peter’s Church. Of course, it was Lewis Cohen, boss of the Brighton-based Alliance Building Society, that provided the wherewithal.’ (110) [#]
(91) National Americanism Commission of the American Legion, 1937, ‘Isms: A Review of Alien Isms, Revolutionary Communism and their Active Sympathizers in the United States’, 2nd Edition, American Legion: Indianapolis, p. 130
(92) House Committee of Un-American Activities, 1947, ‘Hearings regarding Communism in Labor Unions in the United States’, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 156
(93) Bessie Burchett, 1941, ‘Education for Destruction’, 1st Edition, Self-Published: Philadelphia, p. 160
(94) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1953, ‘Investigation of Communist Activities in the Columbus, Ohio, Area’, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 1756
(95) Andrew Kalpaschnikoff, 1920, ‘A Prisoner of Trotsky’s’, 1st Edition, Doubleday, Page & Company: New York, p. 160
(96) Ibid, p. 285
(97) Hya Doroshenko, Sofia Dzerzhinskaya, Alexander Katskevich et al, 1988, ‘Felix Dzerzhinsky: A Biography’, 1st Edition, Progress Publishers: Moscow, p. 49. Jakub Goldenberg we may presume to have been jewish as it is a common jewish first and surname in addition to Poland being one of the places where jews were most in evidence in the late 19th and early 20th century.
(98) Sidney Webb, Beatrice Webb, 1937, ‘Soviet Communism: A New Civilisation’, Vol. I, 2nd Edition, Victor Gollancz: London, pp. 149-150
(99) Ibid, pp. 150-151
(100) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1950, ‘Hearings regarding Communism in the District of Columbia’, Part 2, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., pp. 3252-3253. It should be noted that Sampler here is referring to the building used to house local communist meetings as outlined on p. 3252.
(101) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1950, ‘Hearings regarding Communism in the United States Government’, Part 2, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 2964. It should be noted that David Wahl seems to have been an individual of communist leanings and suspected of espionage inside the United States government as well as involvement with the communist infiltration of the United Nations (alongside Alger Hiss). Wahl, according to pp. 2962-2963, was the individual who got Lowenthal, who was also jewish, his job as a senior figure in a department of the Board of Economic Warfare in 1942. Wahl also had a civil service post as well as his lobbying responsibilities. We may assume Wahl was jewish because of his importance in the American Jewish Conference (to my knowledge non-jews are extremely rare in jewish organisations let alone in positions of authority).
(102) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1957, ‘Investigation of Communism in the Metropolitan Music School, Inc., and Related Fields’, Part 1, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 629
(103) Ibid, pp. 754-755
(104) House Committee on Un-American Activities, 1957, ‘Investigation of Communism in the Metropolitan Music School, Inc., and Related Fields’, Part 2, 1st Edition, US Government Printing Office: Washington D.C., p. 873. It should be noted that ‘taking the fifth amendment’ was a common tactic used by communists in legal proceedings against them and/or interrogations of them since they did not wish to answer truthfully as it would ‘incriminate them’, but could not answer negatively without breaking the law.
(105) Princess Catherine Radziwill, 1919, ‘The Firebrand of Bolshevism: The True Story of the Bolsheviki and the Forces that directed them’, 1st Edition, Small, Maynard & Company: Boston, p. 228
(106) Felix Dubois, Trans: Ralph Derechef, 1894, ‘The Anarchist Peril’, 1st Edition, T. Fisher Unwin: London, pp. 269-270
(107) Prince Peter Kropotkin, 1899, ‘Memoirs of a Revolutionist’, Vol. II, 1st Edition, Smith, Elder, & Co.: London, p. 82. It should be noted that Kropotkin was and is one of the most important of all anarchist thinkers and that his experiences, although prior to the Bolshevik revolution, are instructive in informing us of the jewish role in the anarchist and marxist movements in Europe at that time.
(108) Denis Hill, 1989, ‘Seeing Red – Being Green: The Life and Times of a Southern Rebel’, 1st Edition, Iconoclast Press: Brighton, p. 16. It should be noted that the British Labour party was at this time avowedly socialist and often pro-communist although not affiliated with the Comintern like the Communist party of Great Britain (CPGB).
(109) Ibid, p. 88. It should be noted here that Hill was writing as a life-long marxist and long-time member of the CPGB as well as a senior trade unionist.
(110) Ibid, p. 118. The Fabian Society is a long-standing socialist, still pro-communist at the time referred to by Hill, group that has traditionally formed the intellectual backbone and provided a lot of funding for the British Labour party. It should also be noted that the Alliance Building Society still exists and has expanded its operations a great deal since Hill wrote.
|July 8th, 2010||#7|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
‘A more telling argument is an analysis of the April 9th and 10th Pravda, in which the Stalin prize winners are listed. People thoroughly familiar with Russian have gone over the lists carefully for us and have found over 120 obviously Jewish names. Here are only a few of the names that appear in the April 9th list:
Lev Benyaminovich Marmorshtein, chief engineer of the factory “Serp and Hammer,”
Ephraim Feitelevich Schwartzberg, aeroplane engineer
Binyomin Bezalelevich Gurevich, engineer of the factory “ Electro-Apparat,”
Aharon Isakovich Liberman, engineer of Moscow instrument factory,
Samuel Moisieyevich Silbergliet, engineer-constructor of building construction,
Yuri Aronovich Shapiro, engineer of the Yaroslav Auto factory,
Yaakov Solomonovich Epstein, engineer,
Shlomo Izakovich Amrom, chemist,
Gershon Shimonovitz Brodsky and Abraham Samuelovich Feinstein, plastic engineers,
Leib Davidovich Yaffe, radio constructor,
Yisroel Pinyevitch Weiner, constructor of new military weapons,’ (231) [J]
‘[…], it must be remembered that the Jewish people in the Soviet Union constitute about one percent of the population, which means they are exceptionally well represented in all the fields in which the Stalin prizes were awarded.’ (232) [J]
‘We were four and each of us was the native of a different country: my father German, my mother Russian, my brother French and I British. My father and brother were Gentiles, my mother Jewish. The language used at home was German, which both Rudolph and I spoke as fluently as English.
These singularities were complemented by the political orientation of the household. My parents were both avowed anarchists, believers in the social revolution, in a society based on freedom and equality in which political coercion and economic exploitation would no longer be tolerated. They were members of a movement which, although small in numbers, was feared by some and abused or ridiculed by others.’ (233) [#J]
‘Although the group my father worked with in London was in the main a Jewish one, he was himself a man of international stature.’ (234) [#J]
‘My father was something of an anomaly. Although a Gentile himself, he had learned to read and write Yiddish and eventually was entrusted with the editorship of the Arbaiter Fraind, a Yiddish anarchist weekly. His first contact with Russian and Polish Jews had occurred in Paris where he lived for several years before coming to London. Many of them had been involved in revolutionary activities and were forced to seek asylum abroad as he had done.’ (235) [#J]
‘The Arbaiter Fraind was published in Jubilee Street, a short distance away from us, in a building which, in addition to the press, held two meeting halls and various other facilities. The paper had a rather modest circulation, but since the copies often passed through several hands, it was probably read by more people than might have been supposed and its influence in the affairs of the Jewish community was not inconsiderable. This was also true of the group as a whole. While small in numbers, it too had a greater impact on the life of the ghetto than would have seemed warranted. A steady stream of immigrants and exiles in the early years of the century helped to replenish and increase the ranks of the anarchist group, which grew steadily until the outbreak of war in 1914.’ (236) [#J]
‘Our friends in the East End were nearly all members of the “Arbaiter Fraind” group. A number of them lived in the neighbourhood and a few were even fellow-tenants of ours in Dunstan Houses. Among those in the building were the Linders and the Schapiros, while others such as the Lenobles, Tapler, and the Ploschanskys lived close by. The Linders were across the yard from us in the wing where Polly and Ernest lived. Solo Linder, a pleasant fun-loving fellow, always ready with a quip or a joke, was a popular figure in the group and at the same time a man valued for his astuteness. My parents were always very fond of him and also of his wife, Polly, or Pola as she liked to call herself, despite the fact that some of our friends were a little put off by her aloofness. Although not a bad looking fellow, Linder had that characteristically Semitic profile that Jews are commonly supposed to have but relatively few possess.’ (237) [#J]
‘Next to my father, Schapiro was probably the most erudite member of the Dunstan Houses community. Despite his comparative youth, he was widely travelled and had lived in Turkey, Russia, France, and possibly other countries before coming to England with his family. Like my father, a disciple and friend of Peter Kropotkin, the dean and theoretician of the movement, Schapiro was already at that time a man of some consequence in anarchist circles.’ (238) [#J]
‘A number of our friends had lived in Paris for a while, as my father had done, before coming to London. Unlike Milly, who had also lived in Paris for a period, but on whom that sojourn had left no lasting impression, the Goldbergs were very French in their ways.’ Marthe, their daughter, had a bilingual background very similar to Rudolph’s and mine, except that her second language was French instead of German. French was the language spoken in the Goldberg home, alternating at times with some Russian, for the Goldbergs were that rarity among Russian Jews, who spoke and understood the language of their mother country.’ (239) [#J]
‘Polly and Rose, each in their turn, went to live with a “goi” and, following my mother’s example, each decided to forgo a legal marriage. Fanny, alone among the four sisters, married a Jew, the one ray of cheer in an otherwise dismal picture.’ (240) [#J]
‘A similar measure of recognition was extended to the anarchist group as a whole. Many a time on our walks through the East End, we were accosted by complete strangers who, having heard of my fathers role in the great strike, wanted to express their gratitude and admiration. Even religious Jews would sometimes approach him and give him their benediction, a most unusual distinction for an anarchist and a “goi”.’ (241) [#J]
‘Misha, by the time that I knew him, had already seen quite a bit of the world. His parents had been activists in the Russian revolutionary movement and the boy, I believe, went with them when they were banished to Siberia. Among other places, the family had resided in Brussels for a time before coming to England, and while Russian was spoken in the Rafkin household along with some Yiddish, Misha also knew a little French.’ (242) [#J]
‘The militants and idealists were, of course, among he first to leave for Russia. The “Arbaiter Fraind” group soon found itself bereft of its ablest and most dedicated members.’ (243) [#J]
‘It was the last I ever saw of my friend. Many years later I met his parents again. This happened, strangely enough, in New York where they had taken up temporary residence as members of a Soviet trading mission. The Rafkins had joined the Communist Party shortly after returning to Russia and evidently risen sufficiently in the ranks to be sent abroad on important assignments. They also had the political astuteness to back the right horse when the split in the party occurred and were now loyal adherents of Stalin. Their son, alas, did not have their acumen. Misha’s guilelessness and honesty were not qualities calculated to advance his standing in the Party. He was a person of strong loyalties and could see no reason to disavow a friend if that friend happened to be a Trotskyite. This, of course, was an unfailing recipe for trouble. Expelled from schools and denied the possibilities of further study, he was sacked from every job he managed to get and eventually found himself facing an almost hopeless future.
Bad as this was, what I found even worse was the attitude taken by Misha’s parents. Not a trace of indignation at the treatment meted out to their son by the rulers of their country, not a hint of sympathy for the victim whose only crime had been to follow the dictates of his conscience instead of the strictures of the party. The fault was entirely his own, in their view; and he got exactly what he deserved. If he refused to obey the rules laid down by the Party leadership, if he was determined to remain friends with dissidents and subversives, he had only himself to blame. A strange view, indeed, for people who once called themselves anarchists and denounced every diminution of personal freedom by the state.’ (244) [#J]
‘In political thought they are still numbered among the most ardent supporters of the great coalition of Russian Mensheviks, which has its headquarters in Stockholm, and – another significant fact – is captioned by a Jew, the well-known Socialist writer Paul Axelrod. There are probably quite as many Jewish leaders in the anti-Bolshevists coalition as there are Jewish Commissaries among the Bolsheviks.
Nor are the upper and middle-classes of Russian and Polish Jewry merely passive spectators of the struggle. Politically they belong in an overwhelming proportion to the moderate Liberal party known as the Cadets, and many of them are active in the councils and Press of that party. The present leader of the Cadets, who succeeded Professor Miliukoff, after his unhappy but temporary defection from the cause of the Entente, is the distinguished Jewish lawyer M. Vinaver, equally conspicuous for his devotion to his co-religionists and the cause of ordered liberty in Russia. Admiral Koltchak and General Denikin, in spite of their compromising anti-Semitic associates, had no more strenuous supporter and no wiser counsellor than M. Vinaver. Another eminent Jew who may frequently be seen in consultation with MM. Sazonoff and Maklakoff at the Russian Delegation in Paris is Baron Alexandre de Gunzberg, at one time the most conspicuous member of the Jewish Community in Petrograd.’ (245) [J]
(231) Moses Miller, 1948, ‘Soviet “Anti-Semitism”: The Big Lie!’, 1st Edition, Jewish Life: New York, pp. 13-14
(232) Ibid, p. 15
(233) Fermin Rocker, 1998, ‘The East End Years: A Stepney Childhood’, 1st Edition, Freedom Press: London, p. 14. Fermin Rocker was the half-jewish son of Rudolf Rocker: one of the most important anarchist ideologues of his time and whom is still to this day revered in anarchist intellectual and political circles. On Rocker and jewish anarchists in London in general please see William Fishman, 1975, ‘East End Jewish Radicals 1875-1914’, 1st Edition, Duckworth: London especially pp. 97-310.
(234) Rocker, Op. Cit., p. 15
(235) Ibid, p. 16
(236) Ibid, p. 18
(237) Ibid, pp. 45-46. It should be noted that the reference to ‘Polly and Ernest’ is referring to another jewish (Polly) and German (Ernest) mixed anarchist couple, which is clarified by Rocker on p. 41.
(238) Ibid, p. 49
(239) Ibid, p. 50. It should be noted that the Goldbergs were also jewish anarchists from Russia.
(240) Ibid, p. 65. It should be noted that all four sisters; including Rocker’s mother, were jewish anarchists and Rocker’s maternal grandparents were also sympathetic to anarchism despite being devout Orthodox jews.
(241) Ibid, p. 96
(242) Ibid, pp. 119-120. It should be noted that Misha Rafkin and his (unnamed) parents were jews.
(243) Ibid, p. 168. The return to Russia; of course, refers to the 1917 period when the Tsar had fallen and the jewish socialist Kerensky had taken power only to be replaced by the partially jewish Lenin.
(244) Ibid, pp. 168-169
(245) Lucien Wolf, 1921, ‘The Myth of the Jewish Menace in World Affairs: The Truth about the Forged Protocols of the Elders of Zion’, 1st Edition, MacMillan: New York, p. 49. It should be noted that Lucien Wolf was an extremely powerful jewish figure in British politics and wielded a great deal of influence inside as well as outside the jewish community during his lifetime. On Wolf influence on; and actions relating to, world affairs please see Mark Levene’s, 1992, ‘War, Jews, and the New Europe: The Diplomacy of Lucien Wolf 1914-1919’, 1st Edition, Oxford University Press: New York.
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-part-xii.html
|August 2nd, 2010||#8|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
In Brief: A Little More Gefilte in the Socialist History Society
In Brief: A Little More Gefilte in the Socialist History Society
I have previously written an ‘In Brief’ about jews and the Socialist History Society, but as I received an update of sorts on this matter today. I thought I would update the record with the new information. According to the ‘Socialist History Society Public Meeting’ email bulletin of the 2nd of August 2010: the SHS are sponsoring talks from a jewess named Anne Showstack Sassoon; who is Professor Emeritus of Political Science at Kingston University and a senior visiting fellow at Birkbeck College of the University of London, she is going to be warbling to a small crowd of die-hard marxists at the Bishopsgate Institute in London on the 19th of August 2010 about the ludicrous theories of that most famous of Italian marxists: Antonio Gramsci.
No doubt Miss Sassoon will also be looking for gratuitous donations (since the lecture is free but it is stipulated that ‘retiring donations’ would be welcome) to prop up her flagging ego due to the burgeoning realisation that her ‘revolution’ will probably never happen (and certainly not in her depleted lifetime). That won’t stop Miss Sassoon though: I am sure she will be huffing and puffing about Gramsci’s alleged import to the ‘working class’ and how ‘true democracy’ can ‘only be achieved’ through her personal impressions and interpretations of Gramsci. Of course Miss Sassoon probably hasn’t done a days hard work in her life and would regard it as a great strain should be break a finger nail while pounding the pulpit fantasizing that she was in those supposed halcyon days of the ‘revolution’ in Russia. Hardly the ‘worker’s advocate’ she makes herself out to be now is she?
Also of note is that one Ted Crawford; no doubt a bit of an aging gentile fuddy-duddy who is wheeled out by some enterprising hook-nosed members of the SHS depending on the need to ‘prop up the flagging spirit of the troops’, who will be giving a talk on one Dora Montefiore on the 2nd of November 2010 (once again at the Bishopsgate Institute). Dore Montefiore; despite her surname, wasn’t actually jewish (she was born Dora Fuller), but her husband was. Both were members of the Communist Party of Great Britain (better known as the CPGB) and life-long socialists. Mrs Montefiore; deluded by her childish fantasies (what she would no doubt have been pleased to call her ‘ideals’), married an enterprising jew who; we may suspect, emotionally and even physically abused her for the remainder of her life. This would; of course, be the norm among ‘inter-faith’ (or rather inter-racial) marriages between jews and gentiles and seems to be particularly common in marxist interracial marriages with the founder of Marxism; Karl Marx, abusing his gentile wife; Jenny von Westphalen, for nearly all her life. Poor old Dora: she thought so well of him until he beat her with a candelabra for being a disobedient goy…
In concluding our brief notes on this matter: we may point to the recently founded SHS-aligned academic journal; ‘Twentieth Century Communism: A Journal of International History’ (published by the old CPGB and far left publisher Lawrence & Wishart in London), which includes an article by Gidon Cohen who for some reason that I cannot fathom has weaselled his way into being appointed senior lecturer in Political Science at the University of Durham. (1) In his article; ‘Political Religion and British Communism’ (2), Cohen merrily tries to prove that Communism really doesn’t have any religious qualifications and that by virtue of its ‘rationality’: it is a wonderful ideology to hold. Of course Cohen views himself as something akin to the next Karl Marx and has spent the last few decades of his unfortunate existence trying to prove just that. However Cohen will; of course, not be successful, but don’t tell him that. He might get upset and demand in shrill tones that Yahweh/Hashem cause an ‘uprising’ of the ‘people’ against you so that he can sit there smirking in egoistic radiance, while warbling about ‘human rights’, ‘democracy’, ‘fascism’, ‘dictatorship of the proletariat’ etc ad infinitum. Not that these mean anything of course, but then I am sure Cohen; as the cynical jew that he is, is all too well aware of this.
Oh well… c’est la vie.
(1) Anon., 2010, ‘Notes on Contributors’, ‘Twentieth Century Communism: A Journal of International History’, Vol. I, No. 2, p. 255
(2) Gidon Cohen, 2010, ‘Political Religion and British Communism’, ‘Twentieth Century Communism: A Journal of International History’, Vol. I, No. 2, pp. 197-211
This was originally posted at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...efilte-in.html
Last edited by Karl Radl; August 2nd, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
|August 4th, 2010||#9|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
In Brief: Kim Philby and the Jews
In Brief: Kim Philby and the Jews
Kim Philby is a name well-known in the world of espionage and spy thrillers as the best known member of the ‘Cambridge Spies’; who were five Soviet spies who worked their way into the British intelligence, diplomatic and royal establishment, and who is/are the subject of a considerable body of literature. (1)
What is less well-known and commented on is Philby’s relationship with the jews. Unfortunately there is a dearth of material in this area, (2) but from what we do know: we get a tantalizing suggestion that this would be an area that would benefit from careful research and intellectual exploration.
Philby’s relationship with the jews seems to have begun while he was at Cambridge when he began to actively self-identify first as a socialist and then as a communist. Philby probably began to sympathise with jews as a result of pro-jewish communist propaganda of this time and the assertion; oft made in communist literature up till the present day, that the jews are simply ‘scapegoats’ for ‘economic problems’. (3) Contributing to this was Philby’s deep emotional antipathy towards National Socialism; which he maligned as ‘fascism’, (4) and with the jew being perceived as the chief ‘victim’ and ‘scapegoat’ of ‘fascism’; regarded as they and are by leftists as ‘evil pseudo-capitalists’. It is thus understandable; if somewhat intellectually abhorrent, that Philby became something of a philo-Semite: to the extent of breaking off contact with the NKVD when the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact of 1939 was announced. (5)
When Philby left England in 1934 to perform some communist underground work in Austria: he; according to Phillip Knightley, ‘helped smuggle Jews and Communists out of Vienna’. (6) We should note in passing that Knightley rightly implies; although he probably did mean to do so, that many jews in Austria; notably in Vienna, were communists. (7) In the course of this smuggling out of communists and their jewish allies and co-conspirators: Philby met a jewess by the name of Litzi Friedmann (nee Alice Kohlmann) with whom he fell in love and promptly married. It is notable that both Philby and Friedmann were; by then, working directly for Soviet intelligence. Perhaps predictably their unnatural union did not last too long and the two split up in the mid to late 1930s: no source seems to have a precise idea of exactly when or why the couple split.
Having experienced the bitter taste of jewish skirt Philby decided that it perhaps really wasn’t for him; well at least not in the bedroom department and having to put up with a jewess as your wife, and proceeded to seduce and marry two non-jewish women: both of whom were blissfully unaware that their husband was a communist and an agent of the NKVD. It is interesting to note that the NKVD agent who probably recruited both Philby and Friedmann to work for Soviet intelligence was Edith Suschitzky: who was incidentally also a jewish communist.
Philby’s early flirtation with jewish skirt however may have caused his eventual downfall as a jewess; Flora Solomon, who Philby had felt the urge in 1934 to try to seduce (whether he was successful has not been ascertained) and then try to recruit as a Soviet intelligence agent in Western Europe. Solomon promptly informed MI5 in 1962; when it was most advantageous to do so, that Philby had tried to do this and this new information served as the immediate cause of the events that lead to Philby’s flight from Turkey to Moscow in 1963. (8)
Philby’s lack of recognition that jews were and are a problem; even in dialectical materialism, can be found in the fact that it has been reasonably conjectured that Philby was instrumental in getting several communist jews; such as Morris and Lona Cohen who has been spying on the United States for the Soviet Union, out before they were unmasked and brought to book for their crimes. (9)
We can summarise from this brief account of Philby’s relations with the jews that he was rather clueless about them and naively believed that they were ‘misunderstood’, ‘just like everyone else’ and the ‘scapegoats’ of horrid anti-Semitic capitalists. What Philby doesn’t seem to have figured out; even on his death bed, was that he had been used and abused by jews his whole life and that the great unhappiness he experienced as a result of his 1963 flight to Moscow and his subsequent cold treatment by the NKVD was significantly caused by the jewish skirt that he chased; as well as the secular halakhah of Karl Marx that he had so ardently espoused, in his particularly deluded youth.
(1) An excellent literature review of the many works published on Kim Philby and the ‘Cambridge Spies’ can be found in Mikhail Lyubimov, Hayden Peake and Rufina Philby, 2003, ‘The Private Life of Kim Philby: The Moscow Years’, 2nd Edition, St. Ermin’s Press: London, pp. 297-363
(2) Perhaps the only works to discuss this at any length are Mark Aarons, John Loftus, 1991, ‘Ratlines: How the Vatican’s Nazi Networks Betrayed Western Intelligence to the Soviets’, 1st Edition, Heinemann: London and Mark Aarons, John Loftus, 1994, ‘The Secret War against the Jews: How Western Intelligence Betrayed the Jewish People’, 1st Edition, St. Martin’s Press: New York. Both these theses on this point are rebutted in summary by Lyubimov, Peake and Philby, Op. Cit., pp. 365-366. It is worth noting that John Loftus has been caught lying on television several times and even managed to cause a hate campaign against a family by telling the world at large that they were Islamic terrorists (when they weren’t even Muslims): his work in general makes spicy; and even salacious, reading, but is utterly improbable and absurd in its various theses usually relating to ‘Catholic-Nazi-Muslim conspiracies’.
(3) On this point see the jewish communist Daniel de Leon’s, 1921, ‘Anti-Semitism: Its Cause and Cure’, 1st Edition, Socialist Labor Party: New York. This is available online at the following address: http://www.marxists.org/archive/dele...ct/antisem.pdf. De Leon’s little booklet is still considered to be the premier marxist statement on anti-Semitism and ‘de Leonist’ analyses of the jewish question (predictably blaming everyone and everything, but the jews) as such are common.
(4) For an example of the; then as now, idiotic contemporary comparisons of this kind see Robert Brady, 1937, ‘The Spirit and Structure of German Fascism’, 1st Edition, Victor Gollancz: London.
(5) S. J. Hamrick, 2004, ‘Deceiving the Deceivers: Kim Philby, Donald Maclean and Guy Burgess’, 1st Edition, Yale University Press: New Haven, pp. 19-21
(6) Kim Philby, 2002, , ‘My Silent War: The Autobiography of a Spy’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York, p. x
(7) For two accounts of this please see Harriet Pass Freidenreich, 1991, ‘Jewish Politics in Vienna, 1918-1938’, 1st Edition, Indiana University Press: Indianapolis, pp. 84-114 and Jerry Muller, 2010, ‘Capitalism and the Jews’, 1st Edition, Princeton University Press: Princeton, pp. 144-172. For the causes and extent of this relationship please see Lionel Kochan (Ed.), 1970, ‘The Jews in Soviet Russia since 1917’, 1st Edition, Oxford University Press: New York; Gisela Lebzelter, 1978, ‘Political Anti-Semitism in England 1918-1939’, 1st Edition, MacMillan: London, pp. 155-169; Erich Haberer, 2004, ‘Jews and Revolution in Nineteenth-Century Russia’, 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York and Benjamin Pinkus, 1988, ‘The Jews of the Soviet Union: The History of a National Minority’, 1st Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York.
(8) Hamrick, Op. Cit., p. 7
(9) Ibid, p. 22
This was originally posted at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-and-jews.html
|September 13th, 2010||#11|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Another Kosher Communist Obituary
On Semitic Controversies I frequently comment on the latest rigmaroles, whines and general denunciations of the London-based Socialist History Society as well as their monthly journal articles, contributions and miscellany. As I have now had time to fully read the latest newsletter; that of August 2010, I would like to add another notch in this supposedly egalitarian group’s strange obsession with the self-chosen ones.
Now on p. 5 of the Socialist History Society’s Newsletter for August 2010 we find a laudatory obituary by the presumably gentile David Morgan for a certain Marian Slingova-Fagan who was herself; despite her unfortunate double-barrelled surname, a gentile as well. Having been born Marian Wilbraham in New Zealand in 1913: the budding wind-bag won a place at Oxford University and became involved in left-wing anti-fascist politics having been; as Morgan implies, deluded enough by Marx’s secular halakhah to join the Communist Party of Great Britain (better known to students of Marxism by its acronym: the CPGB) where she evidently met many a hooked nose at the CPGB’s infamous King Street headquarters.
While she was part of the kosher crusade to save humanity; specifically the Czech portion of the world, from general sanity Miss Wilbraham acquired a taste for the circumcised Bolsheviks that she met in the ‘underground’ and as Morgan records she married one; Otto Sling, at an unspecified time either just before or during the Second World War. Morgan records that Miss Wilbraham was specifically engaged in helping Czech refugees; specifically communist and/or jewish ones (after all some members of the ‘working class’ are more equal than others… right?), and one of these refugees was; of course, Otto Sling.
Now after aiding in the brutal attempted near extermination of the German nation and its ‘working class’ Mrs Marian Sling; as she was now known, decided that she and her lecherous husband would go to the now Communist Czechoslovakia. Of course the new Bolshevik masters; complete with their secular Talmud ‘Das Kapital’, welcomed their fellow member of the tribe and his gullible shiksa appointing Sling as Communist Party Secretary of the important Brno region. Morgan; of course, does not speak of the massacres and general oppression orchestrated by Sling and his gullible wife who no doubt was enjoying the joys of ostensibly being a part of the Communist elite.
However all this came to an abrupt end when the all too obviously jewish elite of the Czechoslovakian Communist Party were removed; partly by popular acclaim that the jews be removed and partly because the obviously overly jewish establishment was felt rightly or wrongly to be more loyal to their fellow jews than to the Marxist-Leninist cause, and Sling; like his more prominent fellow member of the tribe Rudolf Slansky, was executed in 1952. Morgan predictably makes a big fuss about this ‘injustice’ but doesn’t bother to say one word about Slansky or Sling’s non-jewish victims but rather Morgan just sees it as a problem if jewish communists are executed. I mean who cares about the insignificant goyim when the Chosen of Hashem/Yahweh are being brought to book? Oy vey!
Mrs Sling was; of course, also promptly taken from her bourgeoisie lifestyle and cares and thrown in prison for various crimes; that Morgan claims were ‘trumped up’, against the Czech people. She stayed in this condition for two years before being released after this short sentence: probably because she was a foreign national. (1)
When Mrs Sling returned to the United Kingdom she continued her pro-Communist campaign in spite of her experiences; after all a leopard doesn’t change its spots, and was involved in various subversive organisations from the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament to the Women’s Peace Camp on Greenham Common. Mrs Sling however had not in this time lost her taste for the circumcised and married yet another jewish Bolshevik; one Hymie Fagan, in 1977. Mrs Slingova-Fagan ended her unfortunately long, diseased and miserable existence in July 2010 at the age of 97.
An appreciation was predictably published by her jewish son; Karel Schling, in the Guardian on the 19th of July and an obituary also appeared in the Independent. But we should end on a positive note: at least the devils in hell get a new favourite plaything.
(1) This in indirectly suggested by a fellow British communist who also lived in Czechoslovakia in the period that Mrs Sling was released in Denis Hill, 1989, ‘Seeing Red, Being Green: The Life and Times of a Southern Rebel’, 1st Edition, Iconoclast: Brighton, pp. 283-297.
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-obituary.html
Last edited by Karl Radl; September 13th, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
|January 8th, 2011||#12|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Jewish Communist Espionage in the United States according to Whittaker Chambers
Jewish Communist Espionage in the United States according to Whittaker Chambers
Whittaker Chambers; former Communist, probable homosexual (1) and convert to Christianity, was the man at the centre of the two Alger Hiss trials which lead to the uncovering of several considerable Soviet espionage apparatuses operating in the United States government from the 1920s to the late 1940s. (2) Chambers is interesting to us in that he wrote his experiences and thoughts down in two large volumes; ‘Witness’ (3) and ‘Cold Friday’, (4) however since the latter is largely a recap of the former with some updated information we shall take our information from the former.
‘Witness’ being autobiographical in nature simply names names; although in some places Chambers notes that he has substituted the individual’s real name for an assumed one for various different reasons (usually to do with not hurting them for activities they have long past ceased to engage in), but from those Chambers does name we get a decidedly jewish flavour.
At this point many a detractor and opponent of anti-Semitism will wish to reflexively claim that Chambers was an anti-Semite and a general ‘jew hater’. However this is obviously incorrect as Chambers’ own wife; Esther Shemitz, was jewish and he spends a large portion of ‘Witness’ paying direct or indirect homage to her. Shemitz also seems to have been a Communist; or at the very least a Marxist, for most of her life (5) as indeed was her brother. (6) Chambers also does not name (as a general rule) obviously jewish individuals to have been jewish and he really does seem to have been rather blind to the fact that many of his ‘comrades’ in the underground were members of the tribe. This is; of course, somewhat to be expected but never-the-less it is surprising that Chambers did not mention this obvious aspect of the underground. Perhaps he was conscious of his own wife’s jewishness and the effect such revelations might have on the political situation in America with an anti-Communist frenzy in the offing or perhaps Chambers really was oblivious to the origins of those around him. It is difficult to which is the more likely, but on balance this author would tend to lean towards the former possibility rather than the latter. (7)
As it would be beyond this scope of this article to go into the very significant jewish involvement in Communism in the United States the structure that I have adopted is to list the jewish individuals concerned along with their principle role and activities in the Soviet underground and/or the official Communist party according to Chambers as an informed source. This is both for ease of reference and to allow any doubting Thomas’ to easily check Chambers’ own statements from my references.
James Allen (nee Sol Auerbach)
Foreign Affairs Correspondent for the Daily Worker (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 241-242)
Chief Editor of ‘International Publishers’ (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 240-242)
Boris Bazarov (Chambers knew him as Boris Bykov [Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 439])
Head of GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence) in United States from 1935-1937 (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 439; 443) Chambers explicitly states he was jewish.
Member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 206)
Socialist Member of New York State Legislator (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 203)
Member of the Communist Party of the United States of America
Michael Gold (nee Itzik Granich)
Editor of the ‘New Masses’ (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 264)
Photographer for and Member of Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 41; 423)
Judge of the First Hiss trial (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 670)
Foreign Affairs Editor of the ‘Daily Worker’(Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 258)
Soviet –trained agent born in America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 258)
Member of Paris Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 290)
Fled to Soviet Russia in 1933 (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 290)
New York apartment used as Communist underground safe house (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 290)
Member of Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 44)
Created Soviet spy rings in Great Britain and Japan (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 44; 355; 367; 388; 437)
Jay Lovestone (nee Jacob Liebstein) (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 206)
National Secretary of the Communist Party of the United States of America until 1929 (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 206)
American Correspondent of TASS (the official Soviet News Service) until 1928 when joined UP as correspondent in Moscow (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 366)
Correspondent for the ‘Daily Worker’ (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 240)
Ben Mandel (known to Chambers as Bert Miller) (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 207)
Business Manager of the ‘Daily Worker’ (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 226)
Later Research Director of the House Committee on Un-American Activities America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 207; 536; 558; 600)
Head of Communist Party’s Seamen’s Association (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 302)
Nephew of Solomon Lozovsky (Chambers recalls him as George Lozovsky) jewish head of the Profintern (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 303)
During the Spanish Civil war Mink was responsible for the murder of numerous anti-Communists and anti-Stalinists in Republican prisons (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 303)
Josef Peters (known to Chambers as Alexander Goldberger)
Head of the National Underground of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 32)
Replaced as Head of the National Underground of the Communist Party of the United States of America by Rudy Baker (nee Rudolph Blum); who was also jewish, in 1938.
Joseph Pogany (nee Josef Schwartz)
Comintern Representative to the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 214; 246-247)
Was former Commissar for War in the Hungarian Soviet Government of Bela Kuhn (also jewish) (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 246)
Juliet Stuart Poyntz
Member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the United States of America until 1937 (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 36)
Member of the National Underground of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 36)
Murdered; by the GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence), in 1937, because of her potential break with the Communist party over Stalin’s purges in the Soviet Union (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 36)
Dentist and Member of the Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 237; 435-436)
Assisted in espionage against the US Army (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 319)
Professor of Fine Arts at Columbia University (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 193)
Member of the Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 193; 415-416)
Helped in attempt to set up a London spy ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 376)
Member of the National Underground of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 244)
Member of Washington D.C. and Tokyo Soviet Spy Rings (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 245)
Member of Paris Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 311)
Abraham George Silverman
Research Director of the Railroad Retirement Board (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 27)
Economic Advisor and Chief of Analysis and Plans to the Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 60)
Active Source to and Member of the Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 40; 416)
Secretly paid dues to the Communist Party (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 380)
Aided in the recruitment and placing of Soviet spies into positions of the authority in the US government. (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 40)
Chief Executive Officer of ‘International Publishers’ (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 242; 264)
Member of the Central Control Commission of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 242)
Head of Cultural Activities of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 264)
Chief of the GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence) in the United States between 1931 and 1934 (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 264)
New York/New Jersey District Organiser of the Communist Party of the United States of America (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 230)
Harry Dexter White (nee Weit)
Assistant to the Secretary of the Treasury (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 27)
Head of World Bank (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 500)
Active Source to the Washington D.C. Soviet Spy Ring (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., pp. 334; 370; 383-384; 405; 416; 420-422; 429; 544)
Came up with a new monetary structure for the Soviet Union (Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 430)
(1) David Johnson, 2004, ‘The Lavender Scare: The Cold War Persecution of Gays and Lesbians in the Federal Government’, 1st Edition, University of Chicago Press: Chicago, p. 33; Whittaker Chambers, 1952, ‘Witness’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York, p. 206
(2) There is a considerable literature on this subject, but for a succinct overview please see John Hayes, 1996, ‘Red Scare or Red Menace? American Communism and Anticommunism in the Cold War Era’, 1st Edition, Ivan R. Dee: Chicago and Harvey Klehr, John Earl Haynes, Fridrikh Igorevich Firsov, 1995, ‘The Secret World of American Communism’, 1st Edition, Yale University Press: New Haven
(3) Whittaker Chambers, 1952, ‘Witness’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York
(4) Whittaker Chambers, 1964, ‘Cold Friday’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York
(5) Chambers, ‘Witness’, Op. Cit., p. 25
(6) Ibid, p. 48
(7) Similar accounts; which ignore the jewishness of much of those they describe, can be found in two autobiographies of former high-ranking underground communists, which are Jan Valtin, 1941, ‘Out of the Night’, 1st Edition, Alliance Book Corporation: New York and Louis Budenz, 1950, ‘Men Without Faces: The Communist Conspiracy in the U.S.A’, 1st Edition, Harper & Brothers: New York.
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...in-united.html
|January 9th, 2011||#13|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Jewish Influence in the Communist Party of America 1919-1926
Jewish Influence in the Communist Party of America 1919-1926
One of the most frequent arguments used by anti-Semites historically as well as currently is that jews were inordinately involved in Bolshevism in the Soviet Union and in fact were involved well out of proportion to their numbers in terms of population. What has often been overlooked when making this argument; which although often massively overstated is often remarked on by historians of the Bolshevik revolution and the Soviet Union in general, (1) is the significant involvement of jews in the formation of the Communist Party of America in the crucial early years of 1919 to 1926 when it began to grow as an organised and conspiratorial force which eventually ran numerous spy and espionage networks for the Soviet Union as well as its own above and under ground parties. (2)
In the below list I have outlined; as far as I can, the influence of jews in terms of position and their relative numbers in the key positions that they occupied in the various formative parties and periods of the Communist Party of America. The most complete list I have been able to find was that offered by the Marxist Internet Archive (or MIA) which I have; with some reluctance, used to create this listing. (3)
The problems offered by this listing; and Communist history in general, are several:
Firstly due to the conspiratorial, subversive and generally paranoid nature of Communists internationally at this time; and the Communist Party of America were not an exception to the rule, pseudonyms were usually used in official and unofficial correspondence and documents so that it requires a large amount of backtracking and historical detective work to comprehend who is who in the documents concerned. This was exacerbated in the Communist Party of America by the raid at Bridgman on the 22nd of August 1922 (4) and leads to the situation; which has occurred in the MIA list, whereby we know the ethnic identity of an individual leader (due to whom they were representing usually) but we do not know their actual name.
Secondly parties of the far left; Marxist and non-Marxist, have historically tended to be extremely factious in nature and this has lead (and still leads to) numerous factional breaks and the creation of majority and minority groups within the parties themselves. This; in the case of the Communist Party of America, lead to numerous splinter groups, arguments, dissolutions, reformations and unity coalitions, which to a reader unacquainted with the tendencies of the far left can be seem utterly disconcerting and even confusing at times. Part of the reason that I opted to use the MIA list was due to the fact that it offered it in an easy to understand format so that the reader could check what I had said against the MIA master list.
Thirdly the tides of influence and power within the Communist Party of America (and the far left in general) are notoriously difficult to chart and we can only largely guess and extrapolate from events what the power shifts were and on what basis they came about. This can make relative numbers somewhat deceptive, but for the sake of clarity we should state the reader will notice that several jewish individuals were largely in power throughout the 1919 to 1926 period in the Communist Party of America. Jay Lovestone in particular deserves mention as he was an extremely influential jewish figure inside the Communist Party of America and was only removed due to his support for Bukharin against Stalin in the power struggles inside the Bolshevik Party in Russia. In fact had Bukharin won the power struggle then Lovestone would have become the leader of the Communist Party of America as opposed to Stalin’s chosen acolyte: William Z. Foster. (5)
If we bear this slight caveat in mind that numbers do not necessarily equate power although they do give us a fair approximation of it. We can begin to see a pattern in the following list of jewish officials in the Communist Party of America from 1919 to 1926:
1919 Communist Labour Party of America
National Executive Committee: No jews out of six members. Two jews (Finkelberg and Benjamin Gitlow) out of five alternative members as of January 1920.
Editorial Board: One jew (Ludwig Lore) out of three members.
Labor Committee: One jew (Benjamin Gitlow) out of five members.
1920 Communist Party of America
International Delegates: No jews out of four members. Three jews (Daniel Elbaum, Alexander Bittelman and Jay Lovestone) out of four alternative members.
Additional Executive Committee Members: Five jews (Alexander Bittelman, Maximilian Cohen, Daniel Elbaum, Jay Lovestone and Rose Pastor Stokes) out of eight members. Three jews (Rose Pastor Stokes, Meyer Lunin and Morris Kushinsky) out of six alternative Additional Executive Committee Members.
Language Federation Secretaries: One jew (an unnamed jewish individual) out of seven members.
Executive Council (after January 20th 1920): Three jews (Maximilian Cohen, Jay Lovestone and Alexander Bittelman) out of seven members.
Executive Secretary (after July 20th 1920): Louis Shapiro
Central Executive Committee (at the end of 1920): Four jews (Maximilian Cohen, Louis Shapiro and two unnamed jewish individuals) out of nine members.
Editor of Party Publications (at the end of 1920): Maximilian Cohen
Language Federation Secretaries (at the end of 1920): One jew (Morris Kushinsky) out of six members.
Assistant Secretary (after February 20th 1921): Louis Shapiro
Editorial Committee (after February 20th 1921): One jew (Louis Shapiro) out of three members.
District Organizers: Two jews (George Ashkenazi and one unnamed jewish individual) out of six members.
1921 (Unified) Communist Party of America
Executive Secretaries (from May 31st 1921 to April 1923): Two jews (William Weinstone and Jay Lovestone) out of five appointees.
Central Executive Committee Members (from May 31st 1921): Three jews (William Weinstone, Jay Lovestone and George Ashkenazi) out of eleven members.
Central Executive Committee Members (from December 1921): Four jews (William Weinstone, Jay Lovestone, Meyer Lunin and Alexander Bittelman) out of ten members.
Central Executive Committee Members (from April 17th 1922): Two jews (Jay Lovestone and Alexander Bittelman) out of ten members.
Secretariat (from January 26th 1923): One jew (John Pepper aka Jozsef Schwartz) out of three members.
Executive Council (from January 26th 1923): Five jews (Israel Amter, Benjamin Gitlow, Ludwig Lore, Jay Lovestone and John Pepper) out of seventeen members.
1923 Workers Party of America
Executive Council: Three jews (Alexander Bittelman, Ludwig Lore and Moissaye Olgin) out of eleven members.
Central Executive Committee: Eight jews (Israel Amter, Alexander Bittelman, Jay Lovestone, Moissaye Olgin, John Pepper, Rose Pastor Stokes, Alexander Trachtenberg and William Weinstone) out of twenty-five members.
1924 Workers Party of America
Representative to Comintern (ECCI): Israel Amter
Central Executive Committee Members: Six jews (Alexander Bittelman, Benjamin Gitlow, Ludwig Lore, Jay Lovestone, John Pepper and Martin Abern) out of thirteen members.
Political Committee: Two jews (Jay Lovestone and John Pepper) out of seven members.
Organization Committee: Two jews (Martin Abern and John Pepper) out of five members.
Secretariat: One jew (John Pepper) out of three members.
Education Committee: One jew (Alexander Bittelman) out of three members.
Daily Worker Management Committee (as of May 1924): One jew (Moritz Loeb) out of five members.
1925-1926 Workers (Communist) Party
Central Executive Committee Members: Six jews (Martin Abern, Philip Aronberg, Jacob Stachel, Benjamin Gitlow, Jay Lovestone and William Weinstone) out of twenty members.
We can see from this list that as time went on the number of jews in positions of influence in power both increased and solidified with numerous jews; notably Alexander Bittelman, Jay Lovestone, William Weinstone, Ludwig Lore, Benjamin Gitlow and John Pepper, becoming exceptionally powerful and long-lasting in positions of power within the Communist Party of America. It is worth noting that while we have these members of enduring power we also have a considerable turnover of jewish individuals within the officials of the Communist Party of America with there being a particularly high general representation in the Central Executive Committees.
It is worth noting that when jews are represented at the highest levels of the Communist Party of America that they tend to be so in significant and disproportionate numbers. We see for example in the Central Executive Committee of 1923 to 1924 that the amount of jews is fifty percent of the total number of members and this is obviously wholly disproportionate to the amount of jews in America at this time.
Opponents and detractors of anti-Semitism may try to explain away such notable disproportionate involvement as this, but their arguments are usually based more on begging the question (asking why it is significant in the first place) rather than actually providing a reasonable thesis for why it is the case. The idea that the jews were oppressed is a common argument of type, but this ignores the fact that if we consider the jews to have been oppressed then we cannot specifically answer why they should turn to the Communist Party of America in significant and disproportionate numbers and the equally oppressed Germans, Swedes, Irish, Italians and others should not turn to the Communist Party of America. Let alone of course rise to the top of the Communist Party of America which jews certainly did disproportionately and in significant numbers as this list illustrates.
This is yet to be reasonably explained by opponents of anti-Semitism and has tended to be attacked as ‘baseless conjecture’ by some: the tendency has been to show that jews were significantly and disproportionately involved in far left wing politics in the United States throughout its long and nefarious history and not to look at the two pieces of information together. In so far as if the Communist Party of America was an openly subversive and revolutionary organisation and the jews; as a group, were significantly and disproportionately represented in its leadership then we can only conclude that jews acted the part of a hostile elite in the Communist Party of America much as Kevin MacDonald has argued they did in early Soviet Russia. (6)
(1) On this point please see Benjamin Pinkus, 1988, ‘The Jews of the Soviet Union: The History of a National Minority’, 1st Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York and Erich Haberer, 2004, ‘Jews and Revolution in Nineteenth-Century Russia’, 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York.
(2) On this point please see Harvey Klehr, John Earl Haynes, Fridrikh Igorevich Firsov, 1995, ‘The Secret World of American Communism’, 1st Edition, Yale University Press: New Haven.
(3) http://www.marxists.org/history/usa/...officials.html [Last Accessed: 04/01/2011]
(4) A very useful and readily available contemporary account of just what was found in this raid can be found in R. M. Whitney, 1924, ‘Reds in America’, 1st Edition, The Beckwith Press: New York (reprinted in abridged form; largely removing the mention of jews, in 1970 by Western Islands: Belmont [a John Birch Society affiliated imprint]).
(5) For more on Jay Lovestone please see Ted Morgan, 1999, ‘A Covert Life: Jay Lovestone, Communist, anti-Communist and Spymaster’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York.
(6) This list should be seen in the conjunction with the numerous jews involved in spying and espionage activities in the United States who were directly and indirectly named by Whittaker Chambers, 1952, ‘Witness’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York and Louis Budenz, 1950, ‘Men Without Faces: The Communist Conspiracy in the U.S.A’, 1st Edition, Harper & Brothers: New York.
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-party-of.html
|May 25th, 2011||#14|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Yet another Kosher Communist: Amy Levy
Yet another Kosher Communist: Amy Levy
Long-time readers of SC will remember that I occasionally comment on the goings-on the various learned societies and interest groups of which I am a member. One of these groups is the ‘Socialist History Society’; or SHS, and I have pointed out several times before the absolute profusion of work about the ‘chosen’; (1) as well as the fact that supply most of the officers and major figures in the society have Yahweh’s holy ichor flowing through their veins, (2) that the SHS produces, sponsors and propagandises for.
Yet another kosher communist is now being promoted by the SHS in the form of the jewish communist, writer and probable lesbian: Amy Levy.
Levy was something a novelist; perhaps the Israel Zangwill of her day, although not in the same league as her jewish contemporary Benjamin Disraeli. That said Levy does seem to have shared Disraeli’s radical political interests to a degree (in spite of Disraeli’s supposed ‘Conservatism’). (3)
Levy is also famous for being a friend of Eleanor Marx; favourite daughter of the infamous Karl Marx (and his battered and abused wife Jenny von Westphalen), (4) and although she doesn’t come in for a mention in any biography or work on Marx or Engels I have read she does get a mention in Yvonne Kapp’s superb work on Eleanor that has yet to be surpassed. (5)
Amy Levy is; of course, long-dead, (6) but her legacy of jewish involvement with communism apparently lives on in the SHS with not one but three female scholars (one of whom is; surprise surprise, also a jewess [Nadia Valman of the University of London]) (7) giving separate talks about her at the Bishopsgate Institute in London (in the United Kingdom for those with limited geographical knowledge).
One wonders why the scholars; historians and otherwise, who are sympathetic to Marxism (all of those presenting on Amy Levy have fairly open positive biases towards their subject) (8) are so obsessed with jews when one of the basic postulates of both Marxism and most modern; although not historic, socialist thought is that every individual has an equal right to be part of the community and get an equal share in its general fortunes (ergo the socialist slogan: ‘from each according to their ability, to each according to their need’). (9)
The question remains: why out of all the ‘proletarian’ activists and ‘de-classed’ intellectuals do the leftists seem so obsessed with Shylock and not with Bassanio or Antonio?
Could it be I wonder that so many of their ‘proletarian’ activists and ‘de-classed’ intellectuals just so happen to be past or present members of tribe? (10)
(1) See for example my article; ‘A Little More Gefilte in the Socialist History Society’, which is available at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...efilte-in.html.
(2) See my article; ‘The Socialist History Society does Auschwitz’, which is available at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...iety-does.html.
(3) Cecil Roth, 1952, ‘Benjamin Disraeli: The Earl of Beaconsfield’, 1st Edition, Philosophical Library: New York, pp. 40-48; Sarah Bradford, 1996, ‘Disraeli’, 2nd Edition, Phoenix: London, pp. 40-44
(4) Heinz Frederick Peters, 1986, ‘Red Jenny: A Life with Karl Marx’, 1st Edition, St. Martin’s Press: New York remains the best biography of Jenny von Westphalen I know of and is preferable to the more commonly-cited hagiographic account offered by Luise Dornemann, 1971, ‘Jenny Marx: Der Lebensweg einer Sozialistin’, 1st Edition, Dietz Verlag: Berlin, which builds its case on the same logic used by Pierre Durand, 1970, ‘La vie amoureuse de Karl Marx’, 1st Edition, Julliard: Paris, which Peters rightly takes explicit and frequent issue with.
(5) Yvonne Kapp, 1979, ‘Eleanor Marx’, 2 Vols., 1st Edition, Virago: London. Levy’s relationship with Eleanor is described in detail by Kapp in Vol. II, pp. 258-260.
(6) She committed suicide after becoming depressed possibly because of her lesbianism.
(7) http://www.english.qmul.ac.uk/staff/valmann.html [Last Accessed: 24/05/2011]
(8) To be fair to Levy she is the subject of general scholarly inquiry from a literary standpoint for example in Kate Flint, 2009, ‘Photographic Memory’, Romanticism and Victorianism on the Net, Vol. 53, pp. 1-4. Flint also touches on one of my favourite authors; Thomas de Quincey, in the course of her article whose work I thoroughly recommend for both its comic and intellectual value.
(9) I might add that that necessarily implies that those who are given more according to their need are essentially extorting those who are giving more according to their ability and nullifying natural selection in the process, which is just what happened in countries that follow the castles in the sky of most socialists (although let it be known that I am no friend of capitalism either).
(10) I have pointed this out in passing in another article; ‘Another Kosher Communist Obituary’, concerning the obsession the SHS has with the self-chosen ones, which is available at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-obituary.html.
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-amy-levy.html
|August 16th, 2011||#15|
Your Pro-White Neighbor...
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere On Your Block Or Road...
Blog Entries: 9
The provocateur position of jewish communism-A quote by them:
Their own words create their own condemnation to a moral and just White society. Read what one tapir wrote how to bring down a society.:
Clearly this is the condition of society today. Saturate the society with sick, sexual practices, such as sodomy. Replace the White folks standards of morality with vice and lust.
And they wonder why they reap the 'treatment' that they deserve.
Soon White men will not be crying tears when the jews haul out their small violins. The only thing they'll receive is judgement from the awakened White masses!
|August 16th, 2011||#16|
Join Date: May 2010
We were knocking it around in other threads, as have some in the past, about it being more clear why women call themselves bi or whatnot today, and want to mess around with other women.
But the male faggot thing is so far and away illogical. It has to be a case of more feminine men who - much like the women of old who could not procure a man and then went into convents / became nuns, now become feminists and dykes, well these feminine men who saw procuring a vagina as hopeless, used to be closet faggots are now overt in a world not run by white men, where they won't be burnt and hung in two minutes.
At least they aren't breeding. How lucky nature made it so these shit connoisseurs cannot rectally impregnate each other.
It would be a masterpiece of psychological conditioning to create a self-serving order of execution, with such an alluring reason to jump in (much like the alluring trick Christianity was in the west), where the ovens are set up, and so goes:
Jews jump in first, niggers operate
Niggers jump in, AmeriMongrels/Mexicans operate
AmeriMongrels/Mexicans jump in, fags operate
Fags jump in, dykes operate
Dykes jump in, Christians operate
A fantastic spectacle of jumping and roasting, hosted by a very nervous-looking Ryan Seacrest, with a live performance of..... Bizet! Ah! And do not miss the nigger on the cover of the Bizet album at 1:22 in this video!
We'll spare the Christians for the upcoming Coliseum games. It'll be like the Second Triumvirate doing the proscriptions all over again.
Last edited by P.E.; August 16th, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
|December 20th, 2011||#17|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Jews and Communism according to Louis Budenz
Jews and Communism according to Louis Budenz
One of the major defectors from the Communist Party USA was the former editor of the ‘Daily Worker’ and Politburo member Louis Budenz; of Hungarian and Irish origin, who; like Whittaker Chambers, ‘defected’ after the ‘defeat of fascism’. He was; like many members of the CPs across the world at the time, originally drawn into communism as a way to defeat ‘the evils of Fascism’ in what we call the ‘Popular Front’ epoch of 1934/36 to 1939. Budenz; with Whittaker Chambers and Elizabeth Bentley, was a star witness on the organisation and attitude of the Communist Party USA as well as its underground organisation (the secret apparat) and the illicit funding that it received from the USSR through the medium of the Comintern to enable its attempted conquest of North America.
Budenz was something of a celebrity in his own lifetime and published four books on the basis of his communist experiences. He has; however, suffered from a hail of what can only be called abuse from left-leaning; or outright Marxist, academics who have questioned his testimony repeatedly and even simply dismissed him as a ‘lying reactionary’. The basis of this charge is largely because Budenz; like Chambers and former Marxist intellectuals like James Burnham, switched from a Marxist milieu to a conservative one, but what those who argue the ‘absurdity’ of the testimony; which has now been shown to be correct by archival documentation from the Comintern archives themselves, forget is that at this time the GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence); as well as the GPU, NKGB and SMERSH, still killed perceived or real high-profile traitors to their cause. A good example is Walter Krivitsky who was betrayed by Soviet mole Kim Philby in 1945 and the GRU simply smashed their way into his hotel room and killed him. Another is Leon Trotsky who the NKVD went to great trouble to kill and in whose killing Budenz indirectly assisted as a facilitator.
Critics of the ex-Communist witnesses also tend to forget that both Chambers and Budenz came from highly religious backgrounds; Catholic in these particular cases, and both of them confess; perhaps with too much hindsight, to having had longings for their faith during their time as Communists. Indeed much as their Christian faith made them susceptible; and paved the way for them, to become Communists: it was that same religious urge that actually; if their testimony is to be taken as read, got them out again. Indeed Budenz makes clear that he was influenced in his choice of socialism by Catholic intellectuals such as Hilaire Belloc: who argued for a form of Socialism; partly derived from Papal Bulls and the economic ideas of Saint Thomas Aquinas, known as Distributism.
Whether or not one is a Christian: this is interesting as it indicates; perhaps uncomfortably for some, that Christianity has a tendency to pave the way for Communism in at least some of its believer’s minds (‘Liberation Theology’ is another good example of it). As Christianity is a philosophy built on the idea of communalism and pacifism (well at least in most of its forms), which has lent itself to the tradition of Christian Socialism but perhaps more relevantly: Christianity in any variant is a complete belief system that must influence the choices made in any secular/terrestrial context, because if it doesn’t then how can one say that one actually believes in the Christian God?
That; when taken to its logical conclusion, means that Christianity in general is a form of weltanschauung; or philosophy of life, and if one strips away the belief in the Christian God then one can easily be left with not dissimilar; and highly emotive, assumptions to those made as the basis for socialism and communism. In essence Marxism simply offers an alternative; albeit secular, religion: although this has long been disputed by Marxists: most recently by Cohen. No prizes for guessing that yet another member of the tribe turns up as an academic Communist apologist.
This was the intellectual journey that both Budenz and Chambers document, which allowed them to become Communist high-flyers, but at the same time also prevented them from becoming hard-core materialists and thus also became a bit like Diogenes and his lamp in their minds. I have already covered Chambers’ innumerable mentions of the hugely disproportionate number of jews involved in Communist subversive activity in the United States, but Budenz is another man who; while not anti-Semitic or against jews in any way, shape or form, does in fact indirectly do a very good job of documenting their influence and power in the Communist Party USA.
I will adopt the same format that I used with my article on Chambers and simply list the jewish individuals Budenz mentions and then give the point he makes about them with the necessary reference. I also hasten to note that those I have listed below I have been able to find confirmatory evidence of having been jewish and I have left out any whom I can find no additional evidence; aside from my suspicion, of having been so.
Soviet agent in the US Treasury Department (Budenz, ‘Techniques’, p. 281)
Communist leader (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 101)
In charge of ‘national groups’; i.e. ‘civil rights’, pro-negro and pro-jewish, propaganda and organisation (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 205)
Leader of the Communist Party USA in New York State (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 173)
Chief Editor of the Communist Party USA’s Yiddish newspaper: ‘Daily Freiheit’ (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 56)
Sol Auerbach (better known as James Allen)
Comintern representative in the Philippines (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 56)
Foreign Affairs editor of the Sunday edition of the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 307; ‘Cry’, p. 56)
Conducted espionage against the US military (Budenz, ‘Story’., p. 311)
Rudy Baker (nee Rudolph Blum)
Writer for the ‘New Masses’ (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 18)
Carried out espionage activities against US and Canadian governments (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 18)
Communist Hollywood Film Script Writer (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 23)
Soviet agent in US Office of War Information (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 23; ‘Techniques’, p. 285)
Writer for the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 219; ‘Techniques’, pp. 33-34)
Long-time communist leader and representative of the Comintern in North America (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 18; 78)
Chief Theoretician of the Communist Party USA (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 76; ‘Techniques’, p. 49)
Former Professor at John Hopkins University (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 162)
Communist leader in Washington D.C. (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 105; 253) and Maryland areas (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 162)
Soviet agent inside the United States’ atomic program (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 17)
Communist Party USA’s legal advisor and lawyer (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 44; 78)
Facilitated the Comintern’s funding of the Communist Party USA (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 108)
Head of the GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence) in North America (till 1938) (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 61)
Writer for the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 84)
In charge of distributing Communist propaganda to negroes; and inciting them against the government, in the US (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 84)
Sam Carr (nee Schmil Kogan)
Long-time member of the National Committee of the Communist Party of Canada (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 280)
Morris Childs (nee Moishe Chilovsky)
Managed Communist Party USA’s funding from the Comintern (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 86)
Worked as a Soviet espionage agent in North and Central America (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 86-87)
Joe Clark (nee Joseph Cohen)
Professor at Brooklyn College (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 161)
Writer for the ‘Daily Worker’ and ‘New Masses’ (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 161)
Soviet agent in the US Department of Justice (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 72
Wife of Communist leader: Max Eastman (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 60)
Edited the Communist ‘Masses’ magazine (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 60)
Edited the Communist ‘Masses’ magazine (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 60)
(former leader of the German Communist Party [the KPD])
Representative of the Comintern in the United States (Budenz, ‘Story’, pp. 240-241)
Joseph Fields (nee Joseph Felshin)
Staff writer for ‘The Communist’ (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 219)
Wrote for the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 219)
Leading communist functionary until 1928 (Budenz, ‘Story’, pp. 102-103; ‘Men’ p. 12
Advised against helping striking and by then desperate miners (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 93)
Later became a leading exponent of ‘anti-Communism’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 188; ‘Cry’, p. 117; ‘Techniques’, p. 310)
Wrote for and was employed by left-wing magazine: ‘The Nation’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 61)
Member of the Intercollegiate Socialist Society (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 61)
Founded the communist magazine: ‘Labor Age’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 61)
Head of the International Fur and Leather Goods Workers Union. (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 190; ‘Techniques’, p. 193)
Actively conspired to manipulate the American Federation of Labor while pretending not to be a Communist. (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 190; 202; ‘Cry’, pp. 75-76; ‘Techniques’, p. 188)
Jacob Gollos (nee Yakov Naumovich Reizen)
Chairman of the Communist Party USA’s Control Commission (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 39; 78; ‘Cry’, p. 66)
Headed the Communist holiday company: ‘World Tourists’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 238; ‘Men’, p. 55)
Was a Soviet espionage agent (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 238; ‘Techniques’, p. 123)
Soviet agent in the Whitehouse (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 68)
Worked with the pro-Communist Institute of Pacific Relations (Budenz, ‘Techniques’, p. 284)
Managed the financial support given to the Communist Party USA by the Soviet Union (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 132)
Pro-Communist writer associated with the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 46; ‘Techniques’, p. 228)
Soviet espionage agent in China (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 53; 278; ‘Techniques’, p. 281)
Used US government documents; given to him by Soviet agents, to help the Chinese Communist Party. (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 35; ‘Techniques’, p. 286)
Important figure in the pro-Communist Institute for Pacific Relations (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 264-265; ‘Cry’, pp. 45; 50; 59; 63)
Communist author. (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 99)
Soviet espionage and underground network courier (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 42; 74; 253)
Former member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 81)
British Communist author (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 100)
Confident of Karl Radek; a leading jewish Bolshevik, who told him of his opposition to Stalin and support of Trotsky. (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 138)
In charge of Communist propaganda amongst Slavic groups in the United States (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 237)
Washington D.C. and a foreign correspondent of the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 230; ‘Men’; p. 269)
Daniel de Leon
Set up and ran communist and socialist trade unions to deliberately try and rival the American Federation of Labor (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 44)
Claimed everyone who disagreed with him was a ‘scallywag’ and a ‘scavenger’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 66)
Writer for the Communist Party USA’s Yiddish newspaper: ‘Daily Freiheit’. (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 70)
General Secretary of the Communist Party USA (until 1928) (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 88)
Soviet espionage agent in North America (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 98)
Trained female Communists to seduce US military officers to learn military secrets (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 130; ‘Techniques’, p. 116)
High-Ranking Officer in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 124)
Steve Nelson (nee Steve Mesarosh)
Soviet espionage agent in North America (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 34; ‘Cry’, p. 17)
High-Ranking Officer in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 36; 124)
Helped the Chinese and German Communist parties (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 37)
Communist leader (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 42)
Author of ‘Why Communism?’ (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 42; ‘Techniques’, p. 22)
Representative of the Comintern in the United States (Budenz, ‘Story’, pp. 138-139; ‘Men’, p. 78)
(former minister in the Bela Kuhn regime)
Representative of the Comintern in the United States (till 1938) (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 240; ‘Techniques’, p. 26)
Conducted espionage activities against the US Government (Budenz, ‘Techniques’, p. 26)
Abraham Lincoln Polonsky
Communist Hollywood Film and Radio Script Writer (Budenz, ‘Cry’, pp. 23-24)
Soviet agent in Office of Strategic Services (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p.24)
Julia Stuart Poyntz
High-Ranking Communist Party USA Leader (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 263)
Assassinated by the GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence) in 1938 for preparing to break away from the Communist Party USA (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 263; ‘Cry’, p. 130)
General Secretary of the Communist Party of Hungary (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 211)
Communist leader in Washington state (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 105)
Stole US Military documents for the Soviet Union (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 10)
Communist Party USA Lawyer (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 82)
Writer for the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 303)
Nathan Gregory Silvermaster
Soviet spy in the US government (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 105-106)
Jacob ‘Jack’ Stachel
Communist leader and representative to the Comintern (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 127; ‘Men’, p. 143; ‘Techniques’, p. 120)
Took his orders from Joseph Peters, Alexander Bittelman and Joseph Pogany. (Budenz, ‘Story’, pp. 188-189; 245; 251; 274; 335; ‘Men’, pp. 18; 40; 51; 267; 269)
Endorsed lying to serve the Communist cause (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 216)
Foreign Affairs editor of the ‘Daily Worker’ (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 278; ‘Men’, p. 154)
Communist Party USA’s Labor Commissar (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 84)
Long-time member of the Communist Party USA’s Central Committee (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 230; ‘Men’, pp. 78; 219; ‘Techniques’, p. 119)
Joseph Woodrow Weinberg
Soviet espionage agent inside the United States’ atomic program (Budenz, ‘Cry’, p. 17)
Robert William Weiner
Treasurer of the Communist Party USA (Budenz, ‘Story’, p. 226; ‘Men’, p. 78)
In charge of a large private communist slush fund. (Budenz, ‘Men, pp. 107-108)
Communist union leader (Budenz, ‘Men’, pp. 96; 197)
Secretary of the Young Communist League (Budenz, ‘Men’, p. 46)
Harry Dexter White (nee Weiss)
Soviet agent in the US Treasury Department (Budenz, ‘Techniques’, p. 281)
Louis Budenz, 1947, ‘This is My Story’, 1st Edition, McGraw-Hill: New York (‘Story')
Louis Budenz, 1948, ‘Men without Faces: The Communist Conspiracy in the U.S.A.’, 1st Edition, Harper: New York (‘Men’)
Louis Budenz, 1952, ‘The Cry is Peace’, 1st Edition, Henry Regnery: Chicago (‘Cry’)
Louis Budenz, 1954, ‘The Techniques of Communism’, 1st Edition, Henry Regnery: Chicago (‘Techniques’)
This was originally posted at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-to-louis.html
Last edited by Karl Radl; December 20th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
|December 21st, 2011||#18|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
Richard Krebs, Soviet Intelligence and the Jews
Richard Krebs, Soviet Intelligence and the Jews
Richard Julius Hermann Krebs; better known by his pseudonym Jan Valtin, was a German Comintern and Soviet espionage agent who later defected to the West. He is an unusual man precisely because he was thoroughly dedicated Communist activist; who had attended the Lenin School in Moscow, and; for the cause he dedicated himself to, freely admitted that he had murdered and helped murder opponents of that cause. He is generally overlooked even in the academic literature because he published his autobiography; ‘Out of the Night’, (1) in 1941 during a time when the world was preoccupied with the early stages of the Second World War so Krebs’ story was forgotten as it wasn’t then ‘en vogue’. There is the odd mention of him in the academic literature as well as a recent German language biography of him. (2)
Valtin is another ex-Communist who has been abused as a ‘lying reactionary’ by left-leaning and outright Marxist academics, but he is also much harder than usual to discredit as being one (as unlike Louis Budenz, Whittaker Chambers and Elizabeth Bentley he never became a conservative figure nor did he ‘get religion’) particularly as he has strong anti-fascist credentials and his Dutch Communist wife; nicknamed Firelei, was allegedly killed by the SS in 1938/9 (although neither myself or Waldenfels have been able to find any proof of this). (3) Valtin was; like Budenz, Chambers and Bentley, in contact with very senior figures in the Comintern and global communist cause, in which he dealt with messengers from such senior (jewish) Bolsheviks as Karl Radek. (4)
Indeed Valtin’s description; from a position of knowledge, of Radek is rather insightful as he calls him ‘the Comintern’s most clever – and most cynical – propagandist’ who was the effective overlord of the KPD and the Comintern’s Western Secretariat (based in Germany) during the 1920s before the rise of Stalin. (5) Radek was; in spite of his egalitarian rhetoric about the ‘workers of the world uniting’, very conscious of his jewishness and of the jewishness of other high-ranking Bolsheviks and at the 1927 Comintern Congress in Moscow he made his opposition to Stalin on the basis of the latter’s lack of jewishness by presenting a simple riddle:
‘What is the difference between Moses and Stalin?
Moses took the Jews out of Egypt; Stalin takes them out of the Communist Party.’ (6)
It thus little wonder that Radek was purged by Stalin in the late 1930s, but as Conquest has correctly noted: this has little to do with Radek having been jewish and everything to do with Stalin’s general paranoia (7) and mafia-style of government that Birstein has recently stylized it as. (8) As Lindemann notes it is probably merely coincidental that many leading Bolsheviks purged by Stalin were jewish (9) as so many of the Bolshevik leadership at this point were jewish: (10) so it is little wonder that Stalin targeted jewish Bolshevik opponents (as it was hard not to) and then later several batches of more prominent jews given his obsessive need to see Trotskyite conspiracies everywhere undermining his power. (11)
Valtin; like both Chambers and Budenz, inadvertently reveals the reality of the massive jewish involvement in the upper echelons of the Comintern cadre and Soviet intelligence fraternity. Valtin names Hugo Marx as a major Soviet intelligence asset and one of Stalin’s gang of bank robbers in the ‘good old days’ of the pre-revolutionary Tsarist period of Stalin’s life. (12) It is not surprising that Marx was jewish and; as Mosse termed him, ‘representative of the articulate Jewish party membership’. (13)
Knowing of Marx’s jewishness makes it all the more interesting when Valtin recounts that he was ordered by Marx to give up command of his unit of approximately thirty hardy German Communist seamen to a ‘Levantine merchant’ called ‘Meyer’. (14) Of course; ‘Levantine merchant’, is a polite way of saying that ‘Meyer’ (Valtin makes clear he knew this was a pseudonym) was a jewish Communist who; as Valtin tells us, was recruiting working men for espionage work on behalf of the Comintern and Soviet intelligence. (15)
‘Meyer’s’ real name was in fact John Bornas and he; as far as I can ascertain, was jewish. After Meyer set up various safe houses for Communist agents in Hamburg, New York and Buenos Ares and charged Communist seamen for the privilege of using them. He was ordered to the Soviet Union by the GPU, refused and was deliberately exposed; along with ten other Communists who worked closely with him, to the German police (who rightly arrested and imprisoned him for espionage). (16) The reason that Bornas didn’t go back to the ‘Worker’s Paradise’ was; of course, that this was a euphemism for being executed in Communist circles at this time. (17)
A more senior jewish communist; and agent of the Comintern, was Felix Neumann who commanded the Hamburg ‘Red Hundreds’; a play on words on the anti-Semitic Tsarist ‘Black Hundreds’, which was the KPD’s nascent version of the Cheka. This evolved into what was called the ‘T-Units’; literally ‘Terror Units’, which was part of the secret apparat of the KPD and was to form the basis of the future Cheka. (18) In the meantime its role was to police German Communists and during the various Communist uprisings in Hamburg and Munich: to execute ‘class traitors’, ‘bourgeois’, ‘reactionaries’ and ‘counter-revolutionaries’ (in spite of a very recent attempt to play down the KPD death squad’s murderous activities in these revolts). (19) We should also note that like its German counterpart: jews played a key role in early Soviet secret police and repressive activities as even eminent jewish historians have had to reluctantly admit. (20)
That is not to say that Valtin does not make mistakes as he suggests that Belgian Soviet intelligence agent; Edgar Andree, had ‘slightly Jewish features’ (21) when he was; in fact, not jewish (rather the son of an Belgian iterant manual labourer and his wife).
Neumann however did not last in the vicious world of Soviet state-sponsored espionage and was captured and interrogated by the German police. Neumann broke under intensive questioning; remember he had just been trying to overthrow the state at the behest of the GPU and had at least personally murdered one man in cold blood, (22) and started leaking information to the police having obviously decided that his best bet at saving his life was to turn police informer. His fellow jewish Bolsheviks were understandably angry at this turn of events and an attempt of Neumann’s life failed. However not easily deterred the GPU successfully set one of its young rising Bolshevik stars; Heinz Neumann, to arrange the murder of the now marked jewish Bolshevik Felix Neumann. (23)
Heinz Neumann; scion of a wealthy jewish grain-dealing family from Berlin, (24) was a major figure in the history of International Communism having earned the nickname of the ‘Butcher of Canton’ for his role as a Soviet advisor to the Chinese Communist Party between 1924 and 1927 as well as in the KPD being one of its chief theoreticians. (25) Indeed Neumann was later the editor of the KPD’s main newspaper; ‘Die Rote Fahne’, and a close associate of Stalin, but was executed in 1937 as part of the latter’s famous purges (which particularly ravaged non-Russian Comintern cadre like Neumann).
One of the more interesting tit-bits that demonstrates Neumann’s utter ruthlessness is that when he was sent by the KPD to Moscow in 1923 with one Carl Kindermann whom he denounced the later as a ‘fascist spy’ because Kindermann; a homosexual, had propositioned him sexually. (26) We also know that Neumann was; like many male jews, fairly obsessed with bedding gentile girls: in Neumann’s case he liked his shiksa’s tall, blonde-haired and blue-eyed. (27) Not exactly the most pleasant person in the world now: was he?
I should note as an aside that Valtin himself was propositioned by a homosexual; pretending to be a Protestant Pastor, when he was working as a Soviet intelligence asset in California and Valtin promptly fled and caught the next train out of San Bernardino. (28)
Valtin also tells us that the KPD was under the direct control of the famous jewish Bolshevik Zinoviev in 1923 and that he could order them to revolt if he so wished it (while he stayed safe and sound in Moscow). (29) We then discover that yet another ‘Levantine merchant’; i.e. a jewish capitalist, was working for Soviet intelligence in Hamburg and had knowingly sold the Soviet Union at least one ship to aid it. (30) Such capitalist co-operation; jewish and non-jewish, may surprise some, but it wasn’t just the exception in this period but the rule (as the USSR was after all a large potential market) (31) and the perfidious ‘righteous gentile’ Raoul Wallenberg was a prominent example of this kind of ‘cooperation’ (although it didn’t stop him being killed by SMERSH after World War II). (32)
Valtin moves swiftly on to another major figure in Soviet intelligence in this period; Michael Avatin, a Latvian GPU operative who worked primarily in Europe and the United States specialising in sniffing out and exposing anti-Communist agents. Atavin’s girlfriend was a jewess from Warsaw: Malka Stifter. (33) The budding Stalinist couple had met while attending the Lenin School for Foreign Cadre in Moscow and Stifter was very young: Valtin puts her at under nineteen and from what I’ve been able to work out she was more like seventeen at the time. (34)
We are then told that Stifter worked as a Soviet espionage agent; specialising in subverting the military and police, in the Baltic States, Yugoslavia and her native Poland. Valtin credits Stifter; perhaps too generously, with being the principle ‘hidden hand’ behind the Polish military mutinies in Skiernivice, Lodz and Nova-Vileiko: whence she was arrested and interrogated by the Polish police. Wanting to break the Communist infiltration of and influence in their military: the Polish government authorised the use of extreme methods; including torture, to break Stifter who eventually threw in the proverbial towel and gave up a whole slew of Communist agents who were then exposed, driven out of the country, imprisoned or executed by the Polish police. Stifter was placed; in spite of her betrayal of her fellow Communists, on the rolls of the Communist martyrs. (35)
Valtin mentions that at least one of the Lenin School lecturers; Rosa Speculant, was jewish and later like Stifter was captured by the Polish police but unfortunately escaped the hangman’s noose. Speculant lectured on how to disseminate propaganda and in reward for her services a grateful USSR named a children’s home in Novorossisk after her. (36)
Valtin then mentions seeing a thirty-five page report he had made on the chances of inciting a race-based uprising in Hawaii on the desk of the jewish head of the Profintern: Solomon Lozovsky. (37) Lozovsky was a major figure in the Soviet Union till Stalin had him killed for cooperating with Zionists and showing jewish nationalist sentiments. (38)
Among his many of posts was the control of the Profintern (the Soviet international trade unionist network) from 1921 to 1937 (an unusually long tenure in the USSR) and the Soviet Information Bureau (to influence world opinion in favour of the USSR during and after World War II) as well as being a member of the powerful Central Committee of the Communist Party, the Supreme Soviet and a Deputy Foreign Minister. Lozovsky is usually ignored by critics of jews and it is worth mentioning that he is actually one of best case studies of jewish power in the USSR and that his jewish nephew was George Mink: a major figure in the Communist Party USA. (39) Mink; according to Valtin, like Heinz Neumann was a jew with a particular passion for bedding gentile women and tried to rape an attractive Danish maid in Copenhagen. (40)
Valtin next mentions a young German Communist named Hans Sorgers; who was an editor for an unspecified KPD periodical or publishing house, who was caught by the German secret police because he had become infatuated with a Communist jewess. Who after being picked up as potential Communist agent blurted out; under questioning, as much information as she possibly could to save her own skin regardless of her misguided lover’s life and her own professed beliefs. (41)
The next stop on Valtin’s whistle-stop tour of the jewish elements of the Comintern and Soviet intelligence apparatus is Paris where he is directed to the apartment of a jewish architect called Roger Walter Ginsburg. Whose spacious and luxuriant apartment on the fashionable Rue de Seine was the centre of much Soviet intelligence activity in both France and Western Europe. (42)
Ginsburg provided such services to Soviet intelligence as: acting as a dead drop location, communications hub, banker and passport forger. His wife; Doris Ginsburg, also translated Comintern and Soviet intelligence directives and material for this intelligence network running out of their apartment: she also acted as an impromptu interpreter. (43)
One of the Soviet agents; whose dispatches were sent through Roger Ginsburg, was a Jewish police superintendent in Tel Aviv: who was busy helping Arabs get to Moscow so they could be trained as Soviet intelligence assets to fight against ‘Anglo-French Imperialism’ in the Middle East. (44)
Around the time that Valtin met his wife-to-be; Firelei, he assisted a jewish Comintern asset named Hirsch who was to go to Galicia; a major centre of jewish culture no less, and help organise the ‘class conscious’ jews against the Poles in the name of the ‘world revolution’. Hirsch was however quickly caught by the Polish police and promptly hung for high treason. (45)
There ends the litany of jewish Bolsheviks that Krebs mentions in his ‘Out of the Night’; aside from some mentions of the infamous Bela Kuhn (but I judge that no introduction is necessary to his murderous regime and subsequent activities), which is very informative in telling us just how many jews got involved in working for ‘world revolution’ with the Comintern and Soviet intelligence. One wonders how some can continue to claim there was no significant jewish representation in international communism or among the Bolsheviks?
(1) Jan Valtin, 1941, ‘Out of the Night’, 1st Edition, Alliance: New York
(2) Ernst von Waldenfels, 2002, ‘Der Spion der aus Deutschland Kam: Das Geheime Leben des Seemanns Richard Krebs’, 1st Edition, Aufbau Verlag: Berlin
(3) For example of the comparative leniency of the Third Reich towards Communist prisoners see the remarkable booklet Reinhard Rurup (Ed.), 1997, ‘Topography of Terror: Gestapo, SS and Reichssicherheitshauptamt on the “Prinz-Albrecht-Terrain”: A Documentation’, 6th Edition, Verlag Willmuth Arenhovel: Berlin, which manages to indirectly inform us of this; to modern readers, startling fact (in spite of the clunky and badly translated English title).
(4) Valtin, Op. Cit., p. 41
(6) Albert Lindemann, 1997, ‘Esau’s Tears: Anti-Semitism and the Rise of the Jews’, 1st Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York, p. 452
(7) Robert Conquest, 1968, ‘The Great Terror: Stalin’s Purge of the Thirties’, 1st Edition, MacMillan: New York, p. 76
(8) Vadim Birstein, 2011, ‘SMERSH: Stalin’s Secret Weapon. Soviet Military Counterintelligence in WWII’, 1st Edition, Biteback: London, p. 25
(9) Lindemann, Op. Cit., p. 453
(10) Orlando Figes, 1997, ‘A People’s Tragedy: The Russian Revolution 1891-1924’, 1st Edition, Pimlico: London, p. 696
(11) Duncan Hallas, 1984, ‘Trotsky’s Marxism’, 2nd Edition, Bookmarks: Chicago, p. 5
(12) Valtin, Op. Cit., pp. 45; 110
(13) George Mosse, 1971, ‘German Socialists and the Jewish Question in the Weimar Republic’, Leo Baeck Institute Year Book, Vol. 16, No. 1, p. 143
(14) Valtin, Op. Cit., p. 47
(16) Ibid, p. 48
(17) Birstein, Op. Cit., p. 37
(18) Valtin, Op. Cit., p. 57
(19) David Olusoga, Casper Erichsen, 2011, ‘The Kaiser’s Holocaust: Germany’s Forgotten Genocide’, 2nd Edition, Faber and Faber: London, pp. 282-287
(20) Salo Baron, 1964, ‘The Russian Jew’, 1st Edition, MacMillan: New York, p. 203
(21) Valtin, Op. Cit., p. 58
(22) Ibid, p. 66
(23) Ibid, p. 67
(25) Ibid.; Adolf Ehrt, 1990, , ‘Communism in Germany: The Communist Conspiracy on the Eve of the 1933 National Revolution’, 1st Edition, Noontide Press: Costa Mesa, p. 20
(26) Valtin, Op. Cit., pp. 67-68
(27) Ibid, pp. 140; 353
(28) Ibid, p. 98
(29) Ibid, pp. 83; 182
(30) Ibid, pp. 96-97
(31) Sean McMeekin, 2003, ‘The Red Millionaire: A Political Biography of Willi Muenzenberg, Moscow’s Secret Propaganda Tsar in the West’, 1st Edition, Yale University Press: New Haven, p. 122
(32) Birstein, Op. Cit., pp. 29-30
(33) Valtin, Op. Cit. p. 111
(35) Ibid, p. 116
(36) Ibid, p. 138
(37) Ibid, pp. 119-120; 203-205
(38) Joshua Rubenstein, Vladimir Naumov, (Eds.), Laura Esther Wolfson (Trans.), 2005, ‘Stalin’s Secret Pogrom: The Inquisition of the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee’, 2nd Edition, Yale University Press: New Haven, pp. 385-386
(39) Valtin, Op. Cit., pp. 309-310; Whittaker Chambers, 1952, ‘Witness’, 1st Edition, Random House: New York, pp. 302-303
(40) Valtin, Op. Cit., p. 312
(41) Ibid, p. 143
(42) Ibid, pp. 185-186; 470-471
(43) Ibid, pp. 186-187; 484
(44) Ibid, p. 189
(45) Ibid, p. 210
This was originally posted at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...gence-and.html
|March 15th, 2012||#19|
The Epitome of Evil
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Unseen University of New York
The Socialist History Society lionises Benny Rothman
The Socialist History Society lionises Benny Rothman
I have made more than a few comments on the Socialist History Society's newsletters over the past few years, but what has never ceased to amaze me about the newsletter; as well as their academic journal 'Socialist History', is the amount of jews who get mentioned.
The newsletter for March 2012 is no exception to the rule with a front page article on 'The Mass Trespass of Kinder Scout', which at first seems relatively innocuous in that it tells the; heavily exaggerated, story of how left-wing activists 'changed the law' on property and the ability of walkers to 'ramble'. (1)
Rambling to those unfamiliar with the term is a form of cross country hiking that is fairly unique to the British Isles and involves going off the beaten track of footpaths and bridleways in the countryside. In this particular instance the 'ramblers' of a sort decided to challenge the existing law on rights of way in regards to privately-owned land that was not fenced off or under special cultivation (i.e. mapped access land): they made their way up to Kinder Scout which is a hilltop in the Peak District (which was privately owned). They predictably got in a fight with the gamekeepers on the land: one of whom was injured by a slightly boozed up Bolshevik.
Where this all gets more relevant and interesting for our purposes is when we realise that the man who organised the 'mass trespass' was two principle things: a jew and a communist. That man was Benny Rothman; a Romanian jew, who was an open member of the Communist Party of Great Britain and very active in its subversive activities in the trade unions as well as in the Communist front called the 'British Workers' Sports Federation'.
Rothman was; in this more politically sane era, gaoled for four months for his premeditated political stunt and particularly so as he had lead his red ramblers up to Kinder Scout singing the 'Internationale' and the 'Red Flag': the musical favourites of every budding communist windbag. Mike Squires predictably tries to imply that it was a bourgeois conspiracy against Rothman, but this is just so much nonsense as all it boils down to is that Rothman broke the law and was treated; as a political subversive, very leniently by the judge.
However after his release Rothman continued to be a communist and was so for the remember of his life. He is just another example of the remarkably jewish construction of the Communist Party of Great Britain and also the enduring fascinating with jews that Marxists of all stripes seem to have.
(1) Mike Squires, 2012, 'The Mass Trespass of Kinder Scout', Socialist History Society Newsletter, Vol. 1, No. 1 (New Series), pp. 1-3
This was originally published at the following address: http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...-lionises.html
|May 25th, 2012||#20|
Join Date: May 2009
Raising Reds: The Young Pioneers, Radical Summer Camps, and Communist Political Culture in the United States
The author of this intriguing, though sloppily edited, little book is a self-proclaimed "radical parent," himself raised by parents who were "intellectuals and radicals." His personal philosophy, he confides, is that "the world is out there to be changed" . His sympathy for the goals, if not always the means, of the American Communist activists described in this book is readily apparent.
Mishler's analysis concentrates on the period from the early 1920s to the mid-1950s. This chronological era sandwiches a fifteen-year period of semi-respectability for the Communists in America, 1930 to 1945, between two decades of virulent Red Scare.
His book provides a timely reminder that, during the depths of the Great Depression, and continuing through the anti-Fascist war years, the Communist Party was able to connect with significant aspects of mainstream American society and culture. During this time, Communists led labour unions, wrote leading articles for the popular press, and taught openly in universities. A combination of the Cold War, McCarthyism and working-class prosperity terminated this rapprochement between Marx and the Mayflower, though Mishler argues that much of their radical critique of capitalism resurfaced in the New Left protests of the Sixties and Seventies.
The central focus for Mishler, as it was for Communist parents in the first half of the 20th century, is "the problem of how to educate children so that they would grow up to be radicals" (25). The issue of which community institutions - the family, the school, the state, various voluntary organizations - are to be charged with the responsibility of socializing the next generation is an ongoing dilemma. At that time, most Communists were either immigrants or the children of immigrants. They understood the pressure on their own offspring to conform to the norms of the mainstream culture in this 'New World' society. Yet they rejected much of that society's founding myths on ideological grounds. What to do? The answer was sought in after-school programs and summer camps built around the Marxist values of the parents, though these ideas were framed to be as compatible as possible with the more radical aspect of American liberalism.
Through the 1920s, the largest number of American Communists derived from the immigrant Jewish and Finnish communities.
Parents and party organizers frequently clashed over the relative weight to be given to working-class solidarity, as opposed to ethnic heritage, in the curriculum of the out-of-school educational programs. By the 1930s, party thinking had relaxed somewhat, so that ethnicity was nurtured rather than shunned, even as the youth programs moved to adopt more of the trappings of the host culture, notably organized sports.
During the more strident period of party educational activity in the 1920s, parents had often been deliberately excluded from participation in the leadership of the main youth organization, the Young Pioneers. In fact, the children were sometimes taught to undermine the authority of their own parents, particularly authoritarian fathers, as a metaphor for and precursor to the coming revolutionary victory of the working class over the bourgeoisie. Mere analysis of the injustices in society was deemed insufficient. The young students were inspired by their adult leaders to take direct political action in support of their causes. This included skipping regular school attendance to take part in public rallies, demonstrations and strikes.
In the end, the institutionalized extra-school education of young Communists in America collapsed. The threats and enticements of mainstream society prevailed over a determined but tiny minority. Here and there, however, a few residual survivors - sometimes dubbed Red Diaper Babies - surface to remind Americans of an overlooked element of their past. This book and its author provide one such example.