VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 21st, 2007 #1
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Beer review

I've noticed that this sub-forum does not get a lot of use, but this is the obvious place for this post. I like beer I have been an avid home brewer for years, and also like to sample beers from local/regional micro-breweries, as well as foreign offerings. I thought I would start a thread reviewing various brews. It would be great if other beer aficionados would add their own. Right now, I'm having a Pale Ale from the Columbus Brewing Company. Advertised on the carrier as "copper-colored with a dry finish", it comes from a micro-brewery built in the brewery district of Columbus, Ohio in 1988. I purchased it at Giant Eagle, which has a very impressive selection. Cost was towards the high end, $8.99 a sixer. The color of the beer is indeed copper, although I find it quite a few shades darker than most brews that bill themselves as "Pale Ales". The head is light tan in color, and clings stubbornly to the glass, like a Jew clinging to a lie. A slight citrus element is present, along with a heavy hop aroma. They use a mixture of German and American malts, and American grown hops. The first thing you notice is that this beer has a lot of hops. It has a crisp and woodsy undertone that compliments an almost over-the-top heavy hop presence. The finish is clean with no discernable aftertaste. This would be a good beer to introduce someone who is just moving past "Bud Light" on the beer quality meter to, as it is pretty tame with easy drink-ability, but the heavy hop signature might turn some beer neophytes off. I give it a 6.5 on a 1-10 scale. It's a passable representation of the style, but more than a few better Pale Ales are out there. Website: WWW.COLUMBUSBREWING.COM

Old February 21st, 2007 #2
ngrh8r
Banned

Awesome thread, Hibernian. I fucking hate cheap beer, and the people who drink it piss me off to no end.

Lately I've been quite fond of Belgian ales and other similar strong ale.
I'm drinking a glass of Chimay right now. It's hopped just enough to offset the maltiness, and the high alcohol content ensures a clean aftertaste, with just a hint of sweetness.

There are several beers made in Quebec that compare favorably to Trappist ales. My personal favorites are Don de Dieu and Trois Pistoles.

Old February 21st, 2007 #3
McKinley
coast to coast WN

I like Seirra Nevada Portter, when I have a chance too relax. A felloiw White Nationalist introduced this to me the night before the Lansing, Michigan rally. I also had my first long island ice tea.

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old February 22nd, 2007 #4
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnjewburn View Post
I like Sierra Nevada Porter, when I have a chance to relax. A fellow White Nationalist introduced this to me the night before the Lansing, Michigan rally. I also had my first long island ice tea.
Sierra Nevada makes good beer. Nice choice. If you like Sierra Nevada Porter, you will love Anchor Porter, from Anchor brewery in San Francisco. It's one of the very best widely available Porters. In fact, just about every brew from Anchor brewery is quite exceptional. Anchor Steam lager is one of my top all-time favorite 5 brews. Website: WWW.ANCHORBREWING.COM

Old February 22nd, 2007 #5
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrh8r View Post
Awesome thread, Hibernian. I fucking hate cheap beer, and the people who drink it piss me off to no end.

Lately I've been quite fond of Belgian ales and other similar strong ale.
I'm drinking a glass of Chimay right now. It's hopped just enough to offset the maltiness, and the high alcohol content ensures a clean aftertaste, with just a hint of sweetness.

There are several beers made in Quebec that compare favorably to Trappist ales. My personal favorites are Don de Dieu and Trois Pistoles.
You know, I have never brewed or even had a Belgian Ale. I've seen Chimay reviewed as top notch many times, but have never tried it. I will do so postehaste. I saw Chimay offered for the first time locally (in 4 bottle packs) just last month, so I guess availability was an issue in my latecoming to the Monk's offerings. Thanks for the review.

Old February 22nd, 2007 #6
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

I like my beer like I DON"T like my men, black and free.

I really like 1554, a black ale from the New Belgium Brewing Co. It's smoother than Guinness, tasty stuff.
http://www.newbelgium.com/beers_bk.php

Old February 23rd, 2007 #7
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by furandloathinginDFW View Post
I like my beer like I DON"T like my men, black and free.

I really like 1554, a black ale from the New Belgium Brewing Co. It's smoother than Guinness, tasty stuff.
http://www.newbelgium.com/beers_bk.php
Blasphemy! I don't think they'll be weaning any of us off Guinness anytime soon, lassie! I am Irish, you understand.. I haven't seen that ale offered here locally, it looks and sounds like a great brew. Do you feel your knowledge of beer adequate enough to give us a short review the next time you happen upon some? Hint Hint Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Old February 23rd, 2007 #8
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default From the Dutch to you: Grolsch

I've always said Light and Beer are two words that usually don't belong together in the same sentence. Sort of like Jew and compassion. However, they are apropos in describing Grolsche Bierbrowerij's Grolsch Premium Lager. It's a pale yellow that looks almost Bud Light watered down in the glass. But don't be fooled into thinking it's a fair comparison. It's not. "Light" beer is almost universally bad. "Light or lite" beer is like making love in a canoe: It's fucking close to water Grolsch has been brewed in Enschede, Holland since 1615. It's a world class full golden lager. The head pours compact and stark white, and dissipates to a light skim within seconds in a clean, frosted glass. The hop aroma signature is initially quite sharp. It has that " pine forest" hop aroma that calls up visions of clear blue Alpine Lakes amidst snow-covered peaks common in beers/ales that use the hops that grow in the low Alps of our Aryan homeland Europe. The beer has a very slight fruity taste in the mouth that no doubt is a nice aspect of the type of strongly aromatic hops used. The finish is crisp and clear, as one would expect from the lightly malted offering from the lowlands. This is a fine example of a classic European lager. Great to have after mowing the lawn in August, or a hard day's work with Einsatzgruppe A. 8.7 on the scale, it's a cut above any mass produced 'Kwan lager. It's widely available, and the cost was $7.99. WWW.GROLSCH.COM

Old February 23rd, 2007 #9
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

Quote:
I've always said Light and Beer are two words that usually don't belong together in the same sentence. Sort of like Jew and compassion. However, they are apropos in describing Grolsche Bierbrowerij's Grolsch Premium Lager. It's a pale yellow that looks almost Bud Light watered down in the glass. But don't be fooled into thinking it's a fair comparison. It's not. "Light" beer is almost universally bad. "Light or lite" beer is like making love in a canoe: It's fucking close to water Grolsch has been brewed in Enschede, Holland since 1615. It's a world class full golden lager. The head pours compact and stark white, and dissipates to a light skim within seconds in a clean, frosted glass. The hop aroma signature is initially quite sharp. It has that " pine forest" hop aroma that calls up visions of clear blue Alpine Lakes amidst snow-covered peaks common in beers/ales that use the hops that grow in the low Alps of our Aryan homeland Europe. The beer has a very slight fruity taste in the mouth that no doubt is a nice aspect of the type of strongly aromatic hops used. The finish is crisp and clear, as one would expect from the lightly malted offering from the lowlands. This is a fine example of a classic European lager. Great to have after mowing the lawn in August, or a hard day's work with Einsatzgruppe A. 8.7 on the scale, it's a cut above any mass produced 'Kwan lager. It's widely available, and the cost was $7.99. WWW.GROLSCH.COM
Damn I really want a beer right now.

Quote:
Blasphemy! I don't think they'll be weaning any of us off Guinness anytime soon, lassie! I am Irish, you understand.. I haven't seen that ale offered here locally, it looks and sounds like a great brew. Do you feel your knowledge of beer adequate enough to give us a short review the next time you happen upon some? Hint Hint Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep my eye out for it.
Are you asking me to review 1554, beyond my simplistic prior description? Whether you are or not, I think I'll go find some and get back with you on that.

Old February 24th, 2007 #10
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Thumbs up

Quote:

Are you asking me to review 1554, beyond my simplistic prior description? Whether you are or not, I think I'll go find some and get back with you on that.
I most humbly do ask..lol. The more people who appreciate good beer that post reviews, the better. You don't have to be a writer, I sure as hell ain't. You don't have to know the nomenclature. You'll pick that up if you keep up with the thread. VNN is a lot of things. This thread can (and will, even if it's just mine) grow over time to include literally hundreds of reviews. Brewing Mead/beer is a very ancient and fascinating Aryan art. I intend, in a very small way, for this thread to become a future resource for those of our folk who will be coming to VNNF and might find it of some interest. You see, here at VNNF we serve all your WN informational needs. Think of us as Aryan~Mart.

Old February 24th, 2007 #11
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Goose Island's India Pale Ale

In the early-19th century, Our White ancestors, in the form of the British Empire, ruled India. Land of Tigers. And "Holy Men" who drink their own piss. I'm guessing Altoids were a big seller in India in those days. Anyway, the Brits had a bit of a sticky wicket with their troops Pale ale supply. It spoiled on the weeks long schooner trip from Jolly Old England. Which really pissed (no pun intended) the lads straight off, as India tends to get rather hot, and Gatorade had not been invented yet. (for you public school graduates) To solve the problem, Those crafty Aryan brewers started adding large amounts of hops during the lagering (aging) of the ale as a preservative. They then shipped the ale off in new oak-lined kegs, and "hopped" for the best.

When tapped by thirsty British troopers, the normally golden pale ale had turned a deep copper, and the extra hops had indeed preserved the ale to perfection, and added a fruity bouquet that was truly distinctive. They christened the transformed brew "India Pale Ale." (IPA) Honest. I don't make this shit up. I was on Jeopardy! dammit!

Still reading? Or did you run off to check CNN to see if David Duke is the real father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby?

I've tried Lots of IPAs. It's one of my favorite styles of ale. Goose Island India Pale Ale hails from the Goose Island brewery in Chicago. Which seems to make sense. I've never had one. Let's try one together, shall we?

This ale is the color of strong iced tea. The head is tan and creamy. Aroma is hops hops hops. I catch a whiff of orange and a very light undertone of what smells like fresh-cut grass, if that makes sense. Very pleasant. Smells like Spring. This ale is lightly malted, allowing the full flavor of the very aromatic hops to dominate. If you don't like hoppy beer/ale, you will Hate this one. The beer (all ale is beer, but not all beer is ale. Wrap your minds around that) is very light in both texture and flavor. It really does have a fruity taste to it, more so than other IPAs. It's not unpleasant though, and gives it a strong hop/bitter aftertaste. (As all IPAs have)

The alcohol content is going to be a little higher than you are used to if you consider Michelob imported. (It's not). The higher alcohol content is what allowed the ale to survive the voyage to the hinterlands of British India, which we once owned, and where now I have to call every time I need any sort of customer support. Fuck You Gandhi! In summary: It's a good IPA. The carrier boasts that it is "Recognized as among the world's finest". Only if the judges were niggers smoking assloads of crack. Don't get me wrong... It's a good IPA. But for a true example of a World Class India Pale Ale, look to England. I know I am. 6.1 on the scale. 7.99 a six. I'm guessing it's regional. WWW.GOOSEISLAND.COM

Old March 25th, 2007 #12
jackumup

Default Guinness

I Have tasted many beers domestic, imported, and micro beer. Guinness by far is the best Ive had.

Who the fuck says israel has a right to exist

"Name the jew" -Bud White

Old March 25th, 2007 #13
News
Friendly

Hey guys, what's wrong with cheap beer? The really SERIOUS drinkers I know prefer natural light or milwaukee's best. I figure the pros must know something

I actually like natural light ok. Doesn't taste bad. Just doesn't taste like much of anything except beer. Funny thing is, one of the best beers I ever drank was the cheapest beer in the whole store at the time. That MAY have been because they were discontinuing it, I'm not sure. It was called "fat cat lager" in a bright orange can with a cartoon cat on it. The can says something like "water, barley, hops... that's it" in fine print, and the stuff was great.

My dad's a beer snob like all you guys but I poured him a glass of it without letting him see the can and he said it was one of the best he'd had recently. This is a guy who only drinks stuff that costs 3 bucks a bottle or more. I wonder if he would have liked it as much if he saw a can that looked like soda pop, with a cartoon logo, and knew that it was 4 bucks for a 12-pack.

Old March 27th, 2007 #14
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by furandloathinginDFW View Post
Damn I really want a beer right now.
Have one on me.

Yankee Jim Ice Strong Beer

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Old March 27th, 2007 #15
Robert Bandanza
Banned

KWAn Beer is gahhhbage, however Sam Adams is not bad and sometimes they have Yankee brands with seasonal ales that are good too. European or homemade beer is the best way to go.

Old March 28th, 2007 #16
ngrh8r
Banned

Yankee Jim, if that's not just a coincidence with the name, I'd seriously like to purchase some.

Assuming it's your homebrew, what name brand would you compare it to?

Old March 28th, 2007 #17
Subrosa
Banned

Beehr sucks. Have a shot of whiskey instead.

Old March 28th, 2007 #18
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
Beehr sucks. Have a shot of whiskey instead.

I will, thank you.
I don't know who the fuck Elijah Craig is, but he makes a damn fine bourbon.

Old May 6th, 2007 #19
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Cleveland beer? Yep. No shit.

I live in Ohio.

When I think of Cleveland, I don't think of great beer.

I think of niggers.

Now, that's no doubt because the city is chock full of the Neanderthal reprobates. However, I just might have to start cutting "The Mistake by the Lake" a little slack, cause I'm in love, and she hails from Cleveland.

If you are a Hop-Head like myself, you know the best IPAs are from England.

Period.

However...

Great Lakes Brewery's India Pale Ale offering, Commodore Perry, is indeed world class. O.K, stop laughing, you VNNF racist beer snobs..It truly is! Honest Inju...umm...Aryan!

This fully organic full bodied and well hopped ale pours Bart Simpson yellow in the chilled pub glass, with a tall, compact White head that dissipates quickly to a light froth.

The initial hop aroma is, of course, a citrus one, as is to be expected with all IPAs, but the the fact that the ale is dry-hopped (Fresh aromatic hops are added to the brew during fermentation, as well as during conditioning or "lagering" phase) impart a very strong hop signature that takes you away to a pristine Pine forest. A Pine forest where oranges and lemons grow.

Now don't that make you think of Cleveland?

The mouth feel of this small-batch brewed ale is angel light, with zero sweetness. It's as dry as the Sahara. No aftertaste. None. Nada. Zip. Zero. You get the idea. It's hella dry. Which is exactly what a great IPA needs. At least one of the things it needs.

The other is a balance that lets the lighter grains traditionally used in IPAs to shine through.

And shine Commodore Perry does Brothers. The hint of maltiness takes a back seat to the hops of course, but it's deliciously "barely there" malt earthiness compliments the English and Bavarian hops used perfectly.

It's high alcohol at 7.5 ABV (Bud Light is 3.2, Budweiser 4.9) as any truly legitimate European IPA is, (don't let that scare you, my little Eichmanns) but the drinkability is top notch.

This one is a winner guys. Pick it up if you see it.

Word.

7.99 a sixer, WWW.GREATLAKESBREWING.COM

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; May 6th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.

Old May 10th, 2007 #20
Merlene
~*GodDeSS*~

Talking gettin jiggy with hineys

Tags
beer, small breweries

Thread