Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 16th, 2006 #21
kywhiskeyrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVROR TEVTONICVS
I am mostly into German Black Metal. My favorite bands are Absurd, Bilskirnir, Halgadom, Heldentum and Temnozor, which is Russian. I do like other bands though too.
Shit. I forgot Heldentum. I think they are an Absurd offshoot.

14/88

Old March 16th, 2006 #22
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywhiskeyrebel
Lots of the music coming out of Russia & other Eastern European nations is excellent. From Russia: Temnozor & Branikald are my faves. Also Graveland, Capriconus/Thor's Hammer from Poland and Nokturnal Mortum from Ukraine have to be my favorites. Absurd, from Germany is classic but I recently got a tape from a band called WAR 88 from Germany & it was fuckin' excellent. Check out Der Sturmer and The Shadow Order from Greece and though I've never heard 'em, Bannerwar, also from Greece.
A U.S. distributor who has his shit together is Terrorwolfe Productions, from the Midwest. Website is www.terrorwolfe.com. Excellent selection, prices, and lots of killer European imports.

14/88
Speaking of TerrorWolfe, I just found out about it two days ago and the prices are excellent. Great collection of music.

Old March 16th, 2006 #23
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Quote:
Shit. I forgot Heldentum. I think they are an Absurd offshoot.

14/88
Yeah, they got Wolf from Absurd in the band.

Old March 17th, 2006 #24
Quietus
Berserker for Wotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord
If you like Bathory try Falkenbach.Also if your ears can stand it try Darkthrone,the original BM band.
Darkthrone is excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVROR TEVTONICVS
I am mostly into German Black Metal. My favorite bands are Absurd, Bilskirnir, Halgadom, Heldentum and Temnozor, which is Russian. I do like other bands though too.
Quote:
Lots of the music coming out of Russia & other Eastern European nations is excellent. From Russia: Temnozor & Branikald are my faves. Also Graveland, Capriconus/Thor's Hammer from Poland and Nokturnal Mortum from Ukraine have to be my favorites. Absurd, from Germany is classic but I recently got a tape from a band called WAR 88 from Germany & it was fuckin' excellent. Check out Der Sturmer and The Shadow Order from Greece and though I've never heard 'em, Bannerwar, also from Greece.
A U.S. distributor who has his shit together is Terrorwolfe Productions, from the Midwest. Website is www.terrorwolfe.com. Excellent selection, prices, and lots of killer European imports.

14/88

I'll have to check these bands. I'm always interested in black metal I haven't had a chance to hear yet. I'm the only one that I know of in my area that listens to black metal, so I don't get to hear a lot of different bands. Usually, I find a sample on the net, or download a song, before buying an album.

There is a band from Belgium called Gotmoor. I like their music, but I haven't heard their new album yet.
one should pry round
for uncertain is the witting
that there be no foeman sitting,
within, before one on the floor." -Odin, from the Hávamál (Olive Bray's translation)

Old March 19th, 2006 #25
kywhiskeyrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietus
Darkthrone is excellent!

I'll have to check these bands. I'm always interested in black metal I haven't had a chance to hear yet. I'm the only one that I know of in my area that listens to black metal, so I don't get to hear a lot of different bands. Usually, I find a sample on the net, or download a song, before buying an album.

There is a band from Belgium called Gotmoor. I like their music, but I haven't heard their new album yet.
PM me if you're interested in me sending copies of anything I've got. Always ready to spread the word.

14/88

Old March 20th, 2006 #26
Sunwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnland
I was once into gothic metal and power metal strictly and lately I have been getting into black metal, I have really gotten into Opeth and have dabbled into Bathory and Dimmu Borgir. Bathory has some good Viking metal. Anybody have some favorities in the market?
Forget the well know commercial groups.
Apart from Burzum, Darkthrone and Marduk most of them are mediocre.
Try groups like Woodtemple,Nokturnal Mortem,Veles,Infernum,Wolfnacht,Werewolf,Wyrd,Hate Forest,Wolfsmond,Bloodmoon,Frostkrieg etc.

Old March 20th, 2006 #27
eNZedBlue
Man against Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak
After some years, the original Burzum.com has returned with information for those who are curious about black metal's most enduring band.

http://www.burzum.com/
There is also another Burzum site at http://www.burzum.org which is mostly writings of Varg Vikernes but also has a music video for Dunkelheit.

Thread