Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 21st, 2011 #1
Mike Parker

Default Chicago-Area Nigger Serial Killer Arrested

Prosecutors: Man accused of killing 3 teens may be responsible for other slayings

April 20, 2011

/

A Blue Island man accused of killing two 18-year-old women and a 17-year-old girl may be responsible for other murders, officials said today as they called on the public to contact them if they know the suspect or someone who is missing.

"There appears to be somewhat of a pattern here," said Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez. "We're looking to see if there's anything else out there or anyone else out there that could possibly have been a victim."

Samuel Pierce, 27, killed two of the victims after meeting them through phone chat lines and videotaped an assault on the third, prosecutors say in court records.

Pierce's mother said her son vehemently denies the charges. "I think I would know if my child was a murderer," Esther Pierce-Pearson said.

Pierce stood impassive in a yellow jail jumpsuit before Associate Judge Darron Bowden this morning as prosecutors detailed evidence linking him to the August 2009 strangulation of 18-year-old Kiara Windom of Harvey, found in an alley in the 9000 block of South Avenue J in Chicago, and the Aug. 27, 2009 slaying of Kimika Coleman, also 18, found strangled in Blue Island.

A third victim, Mariah Edwards, 17, was reported missing in July 2010 and is believed to be dead.

Acting on a tip that Pierce was recording himself during alleged sexual assaults, police searched Pierce’s computer on Aug. 25, 2010 and found multiple videos, court records show.

One of the videos appeared to show Pierce sexually assaulting the lifeless body of a woman, who investigators believe to be Edwards, record show. The video was dated July 3, 2010. No friends or relatives have reported seeing Edwards since, authorities said.

When interviewed by police, Pierce denied knowing Edwards, according to court records. After watching the videos on his computer, he admitted he invited her to his apartment with the intent of sexually assaulting her in front of several other men, records show.

Pierce then told police that he and the other men beat Edwards during the sexual assault and put her body in a garbage bag and dumped it, records show. He refused to say where, court records show.

Windom’s family reported her missing in early August 2009 and her body was discovered by police on Aug. 3, 2009, but she was not identified until July 2010. Authorities recovered Pierce’s DNA from Windom’s body and found she had exchanged approximately 20 phone calls with Pierce the night before her body was discovered, according to court records show. Her cause of death was strangulation.

Cell phone records also show a number of the final calls from Windom’s phone bounced off a cell tower a block away from Pierce’s apartment, authorities said. In an interview with police, Pierce denied assaulting Windom or talking to her on the phone, according to court records. Records show they were both on a phone chat line at the same time before they started exchanging cell phone calls.

Windom's mother, Hallena Johnson, wept as she saw the face of her daughter's alleged killer for the first time on a TV news broadcast.

The charges were cold comfort, she said, tears running down her cheeks. Windom was getting her GED and wanted to follow her sister into a career in nursing.

"I want him to get the death penalty," she said. "He doesn't deserve to be walking around anywhere. He doesn't belong anywhere but in hell."

Coleman’s body was found Aug. 27, 2009 in an alley on the 12000 block of South California in Blue Island with evidence she had been strangled.

The next day, investigators interviewed Pierce and showed him a picture of Coleman. He said he met Coleman through a telephone “party line” and they agreed to meet near a Chicago police station near 103rd Street, according to court records.

He said they went to his apartment and had sex, and he dropped her off at an intersection in Blue Island and went home, records show.

Pierce was released without being charged, according to court records.

Pierce, whose home address is listed in the 12100 block of South Vincennes Avenue in Blue Island, was being held on unrelated charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault of a 15-year-old when he was charged this morning with three counts of first-degree murder, authorities said.

Coleman's mother, Kimberly, said today she was always confident her daughter's killer would be caught, but was shocked to learn that authorities believe Pierce is an apparent serial killer.

"He's a sick individual," she said, sitting on a couch in her South Side home, near a photo of her daughter. "He's a monster, an evil person."

Coleman, 45, said she had never heard Pierce's name until after her daughter was murdered. She also said she often told her daughter to stop talking on phone chat lines, which she did throughout her teens.

"I tried not to worry myself," Coleman said. "I was more concerned than worried. I just never thought it would lead to this."

Coleman said her daughter was a senior at Sullivan Alternative High School, a popular girl who made people laugh but also frequently stayed out past her curfew, worrying her family.

Coleman said she'll never be able to completely forgive Pierce, but she said she has to forgive him to some extent so her grief and anger don't consume her.

"I have a mustard seed of forgiveness for Sonny Pierce," she said, holding her thumb and index finger centimeters apart. "None of this will bring my daughter back, but I'm just glad she isn't another cold case and another unidentified statistic swept under the rug."

Pierce's mother lived next door to her son in low-rise block apartments on Vincennes Avenue in Blue Island, across the street from the apartment complex where Mariah Edwards lived with her family.

Pierce-Pearson said her son lived with the mother of his 14-month-old daughter. Pierce-Pearson said she speaks regularly with her son from jail. They spoke Tuesday afternoon from the Blue Island police station.

"He said, 'Momma they trying to put murders on me but I didn't do it,' " she said. "He's the child of my womb. I think I would know if my child was a murderer. I should be able to feel something in my spirit."

Pierce has told her that he "was sleeping around" never killed anyone.

His mother said the charges were trumped up in advance of Pierce's hearing on the sexual assault charges next week.

He became estranged from that girlfriend, who told police he had "movies of women" on his computer, his mother said.

Mariah Edwards' family has belonged to the Apostolic Assembly of Christ church on Chicago's Far South Side for many years, said its pastor, Jerry Jones. He said her father was struck and killed by a car several years ago.

Jones said he knew Edwards since she was a baby and described her as "very outgoing and gregarious."

He said she was a good student Eisenhower High School in Blue Island.

After news of Pierce's arrest Tuesday night, Jones said he told Edwards' mother to "stay encouraged" that her daughter could still be alive.

"Let's pray about this thing. Let's stay together," he remembered telling Mariah's mother. "Our God is able to comfort you and carry on through every situation."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1870583.story

Old April 21st, 2011 #2
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Only White males are serial killers, Mike Parker, you racist.

Old April 21st, 2011 #3
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Buffalo Brillo
Maybe he used them to make wet suits.

Old April 21st, 2011 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Buffalo Brillo
Maybe he used them to make wet suits.