VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 19th, 2013 #3541
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Temporary Pumphead

In fairness to Bev, there is such a thing as temporary pumphead and I have been holding out on her. I cannot do so any more in good conscience. Here is is.

http://www.newoptimal.com/Weights/Pumps.html

Old March 19th, 2013 #3542
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
I invented the medical interpretation of Steele's actions way back in June 2010
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1409683&postcount=66

1. To produce or contrive (something previously unknown) by the use of ingenuity or imagination.
2. To make up; fabricate: invent a likely excuse.

That fits this whole insanity smear to a T, doesn't it?

Produced, contrived, made up, fabricated, excuse.

Back in June 2010. He was only nicked in June 2010! Was the cell door given time to close before this wild fabrication began?

I mean - the Utrecht study into pumphead - which I'm SURE Donald is familiar with - I mean, he's videoed a heart op so this makes him only second to Magdi Yacoub and if not, it's on the 'net for all to see - was in 2009 and this of course threw doubt on it even existing byt testing cognitive function prior to and post surgery. If you're going to invent a diagnosis, at least pick something that wasn't discredited the year before you come up with it.

The same result was achieved in 2009 by the Chinese.

http://www.theheart.org/article/1009465.do

Quote:
The decline in cognitive function (aka "pump head") that often occurs after CABG does not appear to be related to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass or to embolic debris from the bypass pump, according to a prospective cohort study in a Chinese population published in the October 2009 issue of Anesthesia & Analgesia [1].
Quote:
The editorialists also suggest that other explanations for the result found in this study—that reduced microemboli do not translate into improved cognitive outcomes—could mean that these microemboli do not cause persistent cognitive impairment or that advances in cardiopulmonary bypass technology have resulted in improved cognitive outcomes.
Great news for Steele, but a massive fail to the smear team.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3543
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
In fairness to Bev, there is such a thing as temporary pumphead and I have been holding out on her. I cannot do so any more in good conscience. Here is is.

http://www.newoptimal.com/Weights/Pumps.html
You're too late. It's been discredited.

I rather suspect the initial data from heart surgeons claiming it cleared up spontaneously in six weeks was not actually from the machine at all, but a combination of stress, left-over anaesthetic, analgesia side-effects and so on along with worrying about one's mortality.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3544
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Wrong Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1409683&postcount=66

1. To produce or contrive (something previously unknown) by the use of ingenuity or imagination.
2. To make up; fabricate: invent a likely excuse.

That fits this whole insanity smear to a T, doesn't it?

Produced, contrived, made up, fabricated, excuse.

Back in June 2010. He was only nicked in June 2010! Was the cell door given time to close before this wild fabrication began?

I mean - the Utrecht study into pumphead - which I'm SURE Donald is familiar with - I mean, he's videoed a heart op so this makes him only second to Magdi Yacoub and if not, it's on the 'net for all to see - was in 2009 and this of course threw doubt on it even existing byt testing cognitive function prior to and post surgery. If you're going to invent a diagnosis, at least pick something that wasn't discredited the year before you come up with it.

The same result was achieved in 2009 by the Chinese.

http://www.theheart.org/article/1009465.do

Great news for Steele, but a massive fail to the smear team.
Silly you! Steele has round eyes, not slanted ones.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3545
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Silly you! Steele has round eyes, not slanted ones.
Two separate studies.

Quote:
I mean - the (STUDY 1) Utrecht study into pumphead - which I'm SURE Donald is familiar with - I mean, he's videoed a heart op so this makes him only second to Magdi Yacoub and if not, it's on the 'net for all to see - was in 2009 and this of course threw doubt on it even existing byt testing cognitive function prior to and post surgery. If you're going to invent a diagnosis, at least pick something that wasn't discredited the year before you come up with it.

(STUDY 2)The same result was achieved in 2009 by the Chinese.
Face it - it's game over.

Time to think of a new plan. Maybe go back to the LSD smear?

Old March 19th, 2013 #3546
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More Permanent Pumphead

Here is some more permanent pumphead. This is a discussion board with real patients suffering from it. Here are the first few posts from a very long thread.

Quote:

http://www.inspire.com/groups/heart-...n/pump-head-1/

YouSign upLog inGroups
Heart Bypass Surgery
Support Group

HomeNewRecommendedDiscussionsJournalsMembersAboutSign up

AllActiveRecommendedTopicsStart a discussion
PUMP HEAD

By kazoo1962 · January 17, 2013 at 12:18 am · 29 replies
In Life after heart bypass surgery
0 Recommend Follow replies Problem Options
Shared with the public
Okay.....Whats the deal with the pump head?? Your experience, how long, any suggestions to help me brain??? xoxo

Explore topics in this post

29 replies Reply
Oldest firstNewest first
12Next >>>

By RonMco
Reply 3713469
January 17, 2013 at 8:33 am
Here's the Low-down on Postperfusion syndrom also know as pump head, whether you beleive it exists or not. I am 8 mos post CABG X 4 and still suffereing from symptoms from surgery such as loss of memory, attention with some minor depression. Something happened dureing the 5 hrs and 23 minute surgery that I cant explain, but who wouldnt feel this way after what we have gone through.. God Bless You All!!!

Postperfusion syndrome, also known as "pumphead" is a constellation of neurocognitive impairments attributed to cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) during cardiac surgery. Symptoms of postperfusion syndrome are subtle and include defects associated with attention, concentration, short term memory, fine motor function, and speed of mental and motor responses.[1] Studies have shown a high incidence of neurocognitive deficit soon after surgery, but the deficits are often transient with no permanent neurological impairment.[1][2]

A study by Newman et al. at Duke University Medical Center published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), showed an increased incidence of cognitive decline after coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG); both immediately (53 percent at discharge from hospital) and over time (36 percent six weeks, 24 percent at six months, and 42 percent at five years).[3] This study shows an association of neurocognitive decline with CABG, but does not show causation; the study lacks a control group and is considered level II-3 evidence. Also, the statistical calculation of cognitive decline has been demonstrated as the least reliable due to practice effects, measurement error and the regression to the mean phenomena .[4]

Subsequent studies have compared "on-pump" CABG to off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB)—essentially establishing controls to compare the incidence of neurocognitive decline in CABG with and without the use of CPB. A small study (60 patients total, 30 in each treatment arm) by Zamvar et al. demonstrated neurocognitive impairment at both 1 week and 10 weeks postoperatively.[5] A larger study (281 patients total) by Van Dijk et al. showed CABG surgery without cardiopulmonary bypass improved cognitive outcomes 3 months after the procedure, but the effects were limited and became negligible at 12 months.[2] Furthermore, the Van Dijk study showed no difference between the on-pump and off-pump groups in quality of life, stroke rate, or all-cause mortality at 3 and 12 months. A study by Jenson et al. published in Circulation found no significant difference in the incidence of cognitive dysfunction 3 months after either OPCAB or conventional on-pump CABG.[1]

Given the above evidence, there is high incidence of neurocognitive deficit post bypass surgery, but the deficits are transient with no permanent neurological impairment. Controlled "on-pump" versus "off-pump" cardiac surgery has only been studied in the setting of CABG and is not necessarily generalizable to other types of cardiac surgery. Recent advancements in transcatheter and percutaneous valve replacement may soon allow comparison of other types of cardiac surgery with and without CPB.

A study by McKhann et al.[6] compared the neurocognitive outcome of people with coronary artery disease (CAD) to heart-healthy controls (people with no cardiac risk factors). People with CAD were subdivided into treatment with CABG, OPCAB and non-surgical medical management. The three groups with CAD all performed significantly lower at baseline than the heart-healthy controls. All groups improved by 3 months, and there were minimal intrasubject changes from 3 to 12 months. No consistent difference between the CABG and off-pump patients was observed. The authors concluded patients with long-standing coronary artery disease have some degree of cognitive dysfunction secondary to cerebrovascular disease before surgery; there is no evidence the cognitive test performance of bypass surgery patients differed from similar control groups with coronary artery disease over a 12 month follow-up period. A related study by Selnes et al.[7] concluded patients with coronary artery bypass grafting did not differ from a comparable nonsurgical control group with coronary artery disease 1 or 3 years after baseline examination. This finding suggests that late cognitive decline after coronary artery bypass grafting previously reported by Newman et al.[3] may not be specific to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass, but may also occur in patients with similar risk factors for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.

Physicians have theorized that the syndrome is caused by tiny debris and air bubbles (microemboli) that enter the brain via cardiopulmonary bypass. Surgeons attempt to minimize time spent on bypass to decrease postoperative deficits; studies have shown increased bypass time is associated with increased incidence and severity of postperfusion syndrome[citation needed] and mortality. It is unclear how increases in bypass time would result in such increases if pre-existing cardiovascular and cerebrovascular conditions are the principal causative mechanisms of postperfusion syndrome.

By John-cornelius
Reply 3713512
January 17, 2013 at 8:47 am
All I know is i cant remeber shit. I am like 8 months out from surgery and my memory is still real bad.

By RonMco
Reply 3713737
January 17, 2013 at 9:58 am
John , join the crowd, it has got better but its a long drive to say the least. I hope you get better soon!!

God Bless,
Ron

By Oldsurfrat
Reply 3714191
January 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Great article and good subject... Sometimes I feel like I am getting worse not better.. It is further between memory lapses,but some are quite profound. The other day I could not remember what the microwave was called and I had to ask my wife what a seagull was called. Pump head seems to be one of those things that no one tells us about until we are in the middle of it and we are lucky enough to be on this site and have someone explain it to us. One more club. "the pump head gang"

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 19th, 2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: add link

Old March 19th, 2013 #3547
Bev
drinking tea

You can spam with long posts to roll over onto the next page as much as you like but both the Utrecht study and the Chinese study have proved it does not exist and I will be there on every page to remind you.

Your invented diagnosis lie is over. Game end.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3548
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Calm Down Bev

Quote:
Two separate studies.

Face it - it's game over.

Time to think of a new plan. Maybe go back to the LSD smear?
Perhaps you are terrified that you will get pumphead in spades, just like Steele did. You didn't comment on my rare example of temporary pumphead at http://www.newoptimal.com/Weights/Pumps.html . That turned out to be completely reversible. You forget that if pumphead were well published, most heart surgery would be banned. Heart surgeons would be driving Toyotas and not BMWs.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3549
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Context Conventional coronary artery bypass graft surgery with use of cardiopulmonary bypass (on-pump CABG) is associated with excellent long-term cardiac outcomes but also with a high incidence of cognitive decline. The effect of avoiding cardiopulmonary bypass (off-pump CABG) on long-term cognitive and cardiac outcomes is unknown.

Objective To compare the effect of off-pump CABG and on-pump CABG surgery on long-term cognitive and cardiac outcomes.

Design, Setting, and Participants The Octopus Study, a multicenter randomized controlled trial conducted in the Netherlands, which enrolled 281 low-risk CABG patients between 1998 and 2000. Five years after their surgery, surviving patients were invited for a follow-up assessment.

Intervention Patients were randomly assigned to receive either off-pump (n = 142) or on-pump (n = 139) CABG surgery.

Main Outcome Measure The primary measure was cognitive status 5 years after surgery, which was determined by a psychologist blinded to treatment allocation who administered 10 standardized validated neuropsychological tests. Secondary measures were occurrence of cardiovascular events (all-cause mortality, stroke, myocardial infarction, and coronary reintervention), anginal status, and quality of life.

Results After 5 years, 130 patients were alive in each group. Cognitive outcomes could be determined in 123 and 117 patients in the off-pump and on-pump groups, respectively. When using a standard definition of cognitive decline (20% decline in performance in 20% of the neuropsychological test variables), 62 (50.4%) of 123 in the off-pump group and 59 (50.4%) of 117 in the on-pump group had cognitive decline (absolute difference, 0%; 95% confidence interval [CI], −12.7% to 12.6%; P>.99). When a more conservative definition of cognitive decline was used, 41 (33.3%) in the off-pump group and 41 (35.0%) in the on-pump group had cognitive decline (absolute difference, −1.7%; 95% CI, −13.7% to 10.3%; P = .79). Thirty off-pump patients (21.1%) and 25 on-pump patients (18.0%) experienced a cardiovascular event (absolute difference, 3.1%; 95% CI, −6.1% to 12.4%; P = .55). No differences were observed in anginal status or quality of life.

Conclusion In low-risk patients undergoing CABG surgery, avoiding the use of cardiopulmonary bypass had no effect on 5-year cognitive or cardiac outcomes.

Trial Registration isrctn.org Identifier: ISRCTN69438133
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article....ticleid=205651

Here we have a very basic and brief summary of the Utrecht study. As I said - theory completely without basis.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3550
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Hilarious Quoter of Medical Studies

I find it hilarious that Bev is quoting medical studies when she clearly did not understand the circulation of the blood. I had to explain it to her. She is pissed because I did not get that bridge installed on her Florida swamp land.

Quote:
Here again are Bev's curious beliefs about the circulation of the blood.

Quote:
No mention of the pulmonary artery which carries O2 round the body being ruptured so there was oxygen in his blood.
I don't know if you know what the aorta does but it carries blood from the heart and down to the stomach before pumping it round the body.

Old March 19th, 2013 #3551
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
I find it hilarious that Bev is quoting medical studies when she clearly did not understand the circulation of the blood. I had to explain it to her. She is pissed because I did not get that bridge installed on her Florida swamp land.
Don't worry Donald. I know how much work you've put into this thread and how devastating it must be to see it all come to nothing now that two independent and controlled research trials have proved that there is no such thing.

If it makes you feel better to keep twisting and distorting my words, feel free.

Quote:
Conclusion In low-risk patients undergoing CABG surgery, avoiding the use of cardiopulmonary bypass had no effect on 5-year cognitive or cardiac outcomes.
Here is the resume of one of the researchers.

http://www.umcutrecht.nl/subsite/res...ff/Kalkman-CJ/

Impressive qualifications - I trust his word (and that of the other studies) over a cameraman and someone who admits himself that he invented the diagnosis within days of Steele's arrest.

Perhaps it's time for you to think up another strategy? Maybe the LSD smear could be resurrected - that at least had a centimetre or so of merit and, after this long, it would be impossible to test Steele for. As we and any new trial judge can see he is entirely sane and lucid, the effects of any hypothetical drug taking can be claimed to have worn off by now.

Perhaps your cabal could have a chat about it and let us know?

Old March 19th, 2013 #3552
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Cognitive Decline in Heart Bypass Patients

This study is too advanced for those like Bev who do not understand the circulation of the blood and those like her who have not read the thread. The surgeries in this paper were rather minor like the one that caused Fred to have serious mental problems.

None of these surgeries were for ruptured aneurysms where the aorta was cut on rather than merely being pierced for the heart lung machine. This kind of surgery is hundreds of times more likely to cause brain damage. Steele was violent when he woke up from the respirator. He demanded that his wife come to the hospital immediately or he would divorce her. This is a predictor of permanent brain damage.

Quote:
Here again are Bev's curious beliefs about the circulation of the blood.

Quote:
No mention of the pulmonary artery which carries O2 round the body being ruptured so there was oxygen in his blood.
I don't know if you know what the aorta does but it carries blood from the heart and down to the stomach before pumping it round the body.
Quote:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...icleDiscussion
New England Journal of Medicine
Longitudinal Assessment of Neurocognitive Function after Coronary-Artery Bypass Surgery
(Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)

Our data demonstrate a significant association between cognitive decline immediately after CABG surgery and both the incidence and the severity of cognitive decline five years later. This association indicates that because of perioperative injury, increased susceptibility to such injury, or decreased ability to recover from it, patients with perioperative decline are at increased risk for long-term cognitive decline. Determining how this decline compares with any changes in cognitive function that occur in a population of similar age and state of health who have not undergone CABG would require a prospective longitudinal study that included the latter group. Studies of elderly subjects have demonstrated a gradual decline in neurocognitive function with age.15,20-22 In most investigations, genetic and environmental factors have been shown to interact to affect the progression of cognitive decline related to aging. Our data indicate that cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass is an additional factor that can alter this progression.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 19th, 2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Old March 19th, 2013 #3553
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile A Negress in the Woodpile

This is a repost from Hadding that is relevant to point out Bev's recent hysterical and contradictory behavior on this thread. Don't tell me that he wonders if Bev could be a Jewish princess transgender cross dresser who is in a polygamous marriage to a Sand Negro. I have already proven beyond a doubt that no Jewish princess could act this dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
I see that Donald Pauly brings up the fact that this person called Bev previously accepted that there was something wrong with Steele's mind, although now taking the contrary position.

I happened to have noticed another glaring self-contradiction.

A few days ago Bev emphatically declared a position of agnosticism regarding Steele's guilt or innocence.

That is quite emphatic, yet this same person a few days later declared that Leonard Rouse's presumption that Steele had been prosecuted because of his racial views was "common sense," which amounts to taking the position that he was framed.

I note that for Bev, "common sense" does not include the surmise that somebody that suo sponte writes praises of LSD probably has some experience with that drug: yet Bev's "common sense" does include the presumption of an SPLC/ADL/DoJ conspiracy to frame Ed Steele, even when the conspiracy as described seems unlikely on its face and no supporting evidence can be adduced.

Obviously, somebody that switches so quickly from an emphatically stated position (ostensible neutrality) to a contradictory position (It's common sense that Steele was targeted because he's a racist!) is either a scatterbrain or not arguing in good faith -- or both. In any case, such a person would probably do everyone a favor by refraining from discourse on matters of any importance.

Old March 20th, 2013 #3554
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
This study is too advanced for those like Bev who do not understand the circulation of the blood and those like her who have not read the thread. The surgeries in this paper were rather minor like the one that caused Fred to have serious mental problems.

None of these surgeries were for ruptured aneurysms where the aorta was cut on rather than merely being pierced for the heart lung machine. This kind of surgery is hundreds of times more likely to cause brain damage. Steele was violent when he woke up from the respirator. He demanded that his wife come to the hospital immediately or he would divorce her. This is a predictor of permanent brain damage.
It makes no difference, Donald. The heart lung machine does not cause cognitive damage. Back to the drawing board for you and your cabal.

Old March 20th, 2013 #3555
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
This is a repost from Hadding that is relevant to point out Bev's recent hysterical and contradictory behavior on this thread. Don't tell me that he wonders if Bev could be a Jewish princess transgender cross dresser who is in a polygamous marriage to a Sand Negro. I have already proven beyond a doubt that no Jewish princess could act this dumb.
How very bizarre! You forgot to post my response to Joy Boy where I clearly shot down every word he had to say. Allow me to assist:

Words in quotes are Joy Boy's - all others are mine.

Quote:
I see that Donald Pauly brings up the fact this person called Bev previously accepted that there was something wrong with Steele's mind, although now taking the contradictory position.
Another American who doesn't understand sarcasm.
Quote:

A few days ago Bev emphatically declared a position of agnosticism regarding Steele's guilt or innocence.
And it's my position still.

Quote:
That is quite emphatic, yet this same person a few days later declared that Leonard Rouse's presumption that Steele had been framed because of his political views was "common sense," which amounts to taking the position that he was framed.
Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? It's common sense that there was a motive for the ADL or similar to set him up.

Whether they did or not, I do not know.
Quote:
I note that for Bev, "common sense" does not include the surmise that somebody that suo sponte writes praises of LSD probably has some experience with it:
So what? People write in favour of all kinds of things. I recommended St John's Wort to Akins a few weeks ago - have I ever tried it? No.

I recommend that people don't watch the TV, that people aim to be self sufficient and set up community co-operatives for all their needs - do I do this myself? No, not completely.

Writing in favour of something does not mean you have tried it.

Quote:
yet it includes the presumption of an SPLC/ADL/DoJ conspiracy to frame Ed Steele even when there is no evidence for it.
There's about the same evidence for an ADL frame-up as there is from him having suffered pumphead and then, five months after all medical sources say it would have gone, decide to try and commit multiple murder - ie: someone says so.
Quote:
Obviously somebody that switches so quickly from an emphatically stated position (ostensible neutrality) to a contradictory position (It's common sense that Steele was targeted because he's a racist!)
My position is the former but I see merit in the claims of the latter. Or don't you believe that the antis play dirty? Are you one of these that believe they all play by Queensbury Rules? That figures.

Quote:
In any case, such a person would probably do everyone a favor if she just stfu.
Let's see, should I take advice to STFU from someone who, in his own words "invented the diagnosis", has already been banned (ie: emphatically told by the forum owner to STFU) for repeatedly lying about this case, was asked by the forum owner "you're really enjoying this, aren't you Hadding?" and indeed, along with his cohorts, (one of whom has still not managed to answer the question posed by the forum owner about whether he is paid to smear Steele) has been demonstrably and positively gleeful about this whole thing ever since it started?

Ah - no. Until I am told by either Alex or varg to stay out of this thread, then I shall post as and when I see fit on the topic matter and there ain't shit you can do about it.

Of course, if people stop lying and shitstirring and posting ludicrous theories, I won't have anything to post about, will I? It's a thought you might like to keep in mind.

-------------------Talking of ludicrous theories, did you know that two separate studies carried out under controlled conditions completely discount the ridiculous claim that "the mythical "pumphead" caused Steele to try and commit mass murder months and months later?

Old March 20th, 2013 #3556
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Steele Went Crazy Believer #6

For newbies and those like Bev who have not read the thread, here is Believer#6. Not all White Nationalists want Steele out of prison like I do but they are entitled to their belief. At the time that Hawthorne made this post, it was not known that Steele's wife was the worst race traitor in the history of White Nationalism. Hawthorne may now be ready for Steele to be released. He will have to speak for himself.

Quote:

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1413516#2922

July 22nd, 2012 #2922
James Hawthorne

I have kept out of this thread and been an observer. However as Viking Warrior noted, this is as plain as a mole on a jews nose what has gone on here.

Edgar Steele, egomaniac of the first order, suffered a mental breakdown after his surgery, to such a degree he wanted to "off" his wife AND Mother-in Law to be with his young Ukrainian Honey Tatayana. I can live with that. He was still probably pissed with Cyndi over her wanting a divorce and planning on taking everything he had. Steele it seems was a ticking time bomb just ready to go off.

To be fair to Donald, he wants to try to get Steele out, I'd say let the creep rot in prison until he dies.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 20th, 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo

Old March 20th, 2013 #3557
Bev
drinking tea

Lying again?

Ever considered being checked for Asperger's?

Your bogus attempt to make it appear that you have support by spamming up old posts fools nobody. The poll showed that only you and Joy Boy believe he is insane (and deep down, you know it's not true, don't you? ). I think that once people have familiarised themselves with the Utrecht study (which will be quoted in court, should you ever manage to persuade the Steeles to entertain your bullshit_ and the Chinese study that proves postperfusion syndrome is a myth, your last few supporters will vanish.

Like I said yesterday, your game is up. Nobody believes in your hysterical lies any more. It is my opinion that you and your cabal set out from the very beginning to smear Steele, just like you do to many prominent WNs. It's evident from the beginning of the thread, for those who care to read back through it. Your own descent into madness as your lies are blown apart is also apparent. Go back to the LSD smear. You might actually get someone, somewhere, to believe that.

btw - I thought it was against the rules to call someone a "race mixer" without proof. You got any?

Old March 20th, 2013 #3558
Rick Ronsavelle

I received this as a PM:

Steele Trial
I missed that you are the only one who attended the Steele trial. PM space is very short for me and should be only used where absolutely necessary. I need a complete briefing from you at [email protected] or better yet by phone at 702-477-5848. At the least we need you to post at http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p...29#post1524229 . Bev is getting quite hysterical.

Then this:

Re: Steele Trial
You have posted many times on the below thread. You also voted on http://vnnforum.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1333 that you attended the Steele trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly
I missed that you are the only one who attended the Steele trial. PM space is very short for me and should be only used where absolutely necessary. I need a complete briefing from you at [email protected] or better yet by phone at 702-477-5848. At the least we need you to post at http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p...29#post1524229 . Bev is getting quite hysterical.

You have me confused with someone else. I know nothing of this. (RR)

copy to management (AL)

Old March 20th, 2013 #3559
Bev
drinking tea

"Bev is getting quite hysterical."

I'm getting hysterical? Presenting the Utrecht study which contradicts the myth of "pumphead" is getting hysterical?

Quote:
You have me confused with someone else. I know nothing of this. (RR)
Perhaps you should take your own advice, Donald, and read the thread.

Old March 20th, 2013 #3560
Bev
drinking tea

Here is an article from the "insane" man, written after he was incarcerated and after he went "insane". Donald and others have dedicated themselves to trashing his character so it's only fair he can speak for himself.
Quote:
Seeing is Disbelieving

(Revised July 21, 2011)

by Edgar J. Steele

June 18, 2011

There are things in life that defy belief. Seeing them often is enough to set one on a path toward seeing unbelievable things at every turn. Seeing is disbelieving? Hmm…
The Red Queen of Alice in Wonderland Fame remarked that she often believed in impossible things; as many as six of them, all just before lunch, too.

A great many more people now are willing to disbelieve in the inherent justice of the American Justice System. They watched a jury in Boise convict me of four Federal felonies.
Sigh. Where do I begin?
You Could Be Next

This story will take some time and require several installments. If you have yet to hear anything about it, you will not believe it. You may not believe it, anyway. I do, however. I am living it. All too easily, you could be next.
I was convicted of hatching a plot to kill my wife, for which I allegedly hired an oafish Idaho handyman as a hit man. Already, something may not sound quite right to you.

A Case in Search of a Motive

Why did I want Cyndi, my wife of 25 years dead? I never have quite heard a reason that makes sense. First, Cyndi was told by the FBI that the motive was life insurance, but then they learned that both of us cancelled our policies years ago. Then, the FBI told her that the motive was my jealousy over her (nonexistent) boyfriend. Cyndi quashed that by demanding that the FBI produce photos they said they had; of course, there were none. They had told her another of what was to become a truly incredible number of lies in their haste to put me away.

Finally, the government settled upon a case I was investigating as motive, because I had communicated with a great many young Ukrainian women (with Cyndi’s consent and even, assistance) to determine if the Russian Bride business really was a human trafficking scam. First, as part of a case I briefly handled, then simply because I found the subject fascinating and worthy of writing a book about.

Two more novel motives were presented at trial: (1) I was after our car “uninsured motorist” insurance, though I was a lawyer and would have known full well that death by pipe bomb is not “accidental,” so that no insurance ever could be paid. (2) Divorce from Cyndi would be too expensive. Yet, the prosecutor failed to tell the jury that, long before the trial, I had signed all my assets over to Cyndi. Why, if I wanted all that we own (not much actually) for myself enough to want her dead?

Cyndi was part of every aspect of my life, even my communications and research overseas to determine how the Russian Bride business really worked. The book I planned, exposing the fraud was to be entitled “Love and Other Four-Letter Words” (subtitled “The Invasion of Planet Earth by Teenage Russian Mail-Order Brides from Cyberspace”). Supposedly, I wanted Cyndi out of my way so that I could run away to be with one (of over a hundred) of my teenage Ukrainian “girlfriends.” Seriously, that apparently is just what the prosecutor sold the jury! Of course, they had those damned audio recordings, as well.

I call this a case in search of a motive because, you see, I happen to love Cyndi. I know – that just isn’t fashionable in this day of throw-away relationships, but it is true.
I often have written of how lucky I have been to have had her. About the terrific kids we have. About how my family life serves to steady my universe. All true, even now, as I write these words from a jail cell in Northern Idaho while awaiting sentencing and endeavoring, as best I can, to get a new trial.

My Love Story

Let me try, first, to tell you of my love for Cyndi. She is my mate, pal, helper, lover, buddy, partner, mother of our kids… my first and last wife… my best friend. The love of my life. She is so much better than I deserve. I could go on.

There is a reason for this paen to my blushing bride, of course. To see that the Emperor of my story has no clothes, you must first get, on a visceral level, as do my closest friends, just how ludicrous it would be for me to want my wife dead.

I recall the moment I first laid eyes on Cyndi and the spontaneous burst of surprise and pleasure that crossed her face just before she cast her eyes down and first smiled for me that impish little grin of hers that I love so much. In less than two minutes, I was swept away, though I did my manly best to seem unaffected. It was love at first sight and, 27 years later, my heart still leaps up every time I catch sight of her again.

I could, and should, go on like this for a long time, but please know that I still see Cyndi as my one and only soulmate. There is much, much more to this story, though, and I have to give you at least an overview in this first installment.

My Way

At my lawyers request, I have kept silent (though not silent enough) about my case. I have made no public statements until today and have yet to speak with anybody from any media outlet. I bit my tongue during my recent trial and, against my better judgment, agreed not to take the stand to testify in my own behalf. Fat lot of good all that has done me!

No more. I did it my lawyers’ way and now, at age 66, I face a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 years, with 70 years a very real possibility. Obviously, any sentence over 10 years is superfluous to my life expectancy, especially in view of the medical problems I have seen in recent years (yet another lengthy, though relevant, tale that I call “It Only Hurts When I Breathe,” yet another story for another day).

Now we are going to do it my way, which likely will involve a good deal of sound and fury.

All My Trials

First up: Motion for a New Trial, which Federal Judge Winmill certainly will reject in summary fashion. I will have to rely on an appeal to get that new trial. It should be a laydown appeal, though, because this judge repeatedly committed reversible error (more than one story for other days).
We wrecked a sizable legal defense fund (the thanks for which would take more future stories than you would want to read) during the first trial, so I very possibly will have to represent myself at retrial. Spare me the jokes – all lawyers are fools (else we wouldn’t even be lawyers, of course).
Lessee now, where were we? Oh, yes. What really happened? Here’s the executive summary:

The Idahun Hit Man

Larry the Idahun handyman/builder/junk hauler whose cousin’s name must be Daryl, (though I do not yet know if Daryl has one or more brothers also named Daryl), worked off and on for us for years. Larry knew we had hidey-holes here and there on the property, because he built some of them for us. Larry stumbled across one of three of our silver stashes in an outbuilding and then he searched and found two others. All told, Larry stole $45,000 in silver bullion from us at the then price of $18 per ounce (twice that amount today).
Knowing I/we would discover the theft, Larry apparently decided that I/we had to go, so he set out to kill me/us with car pipe bombs. Like Wily Coyote, Larry must shop at Acme, because neither of the two bombs that he claimed to have placed on the two cars I drive (one of which Cyndi drove about half the time) went off.

Larry says he removed the bomb attached to one car and then believed the other “fell off” when his cousin Daryl failed to see it after being told to look.
There is an alternate theory explaining the car pipe bomb as having been emplaced by either Fairfax, the FBI or perhaps, the ADL after I was arrested, but the foregoing seems the most likely scenario. At first, even the FBI suspected my wife of placing the bomb, believe it or not.

It is undisputed that Larry sold silver to three different dealers on three different occasions (remember, he stole three of our hidden stashes) – he produced receipts for those sales (totaling just a few thousand dollars) during his testimony at my trial. Larry claimed I gave the silver to him as part of my $10,000 advance payment to him for killing my precious Cyndi. Larry did finally admit on the witness stand that I hadn’t given him the silver. He took it from one of the three hidey-holes, he said.

Making a Federal Case Out of It

Why did Larry then go to the FBI and fess up to “his” part in this sordid affair? In exchange for immunity, of course, as well as the silver he had stolen from us. The feds always allow their snithes to keep whatever they are able to carry away from the scene of their crimes. He still had to get me out of the way before I discovered his theft. I was beginning to mend from the four surgeries I had had in six months and was starting to get out of the house.

Cyndi later was to be awarded only $900 in restitution from Fairfax (not yet paid) – for the over $100,000 (at today’s market value) he stole from us. Pretty good incentive for him to lie for the government on the witness stand, eh?

Larry and I had been talking a lot during those six months, because we paid him to help us out with many things, including feeding our horses twice a day whenever Cyndi was out of town, tending to her very ill mother who lives alone. I explained my difficulties with the ADL, the Russian Mafia, the FBI and others. All he needed to do was make one phone call in order to be conscripted into helping get me out of the way, which is just what he wanted.

Just a Coincidence

The ADL’s Internet site hit piece on me was quoted at length in the very first court filing by the government – coincidence? Probably just another coincidence that document subsequently was removed from the court’s files and docket. Else, we might be entitled to think of my case in terms of a conspiracy. Of course, nobody pays any attention to us conspiracy “nuts.” The FBI is alleged by us conspiracy theorists to be in bed with, if not controlled by, the ADL. Yet still more coincidence? Why did Larry go to the FBI rather than the local Sheriff or state authorities, like most of us would? Yet still more coincidence?

Larry said that he travelled nine hours to Oregon to ensure the bomb fell off the car that Cyndi then was driving, but he couldn’t be bothered to take the time to look for himself. Really? Of course, it is just coincidence that this interstate trip is the only thing that gave jurisdiction to the FBI… isn’t it? Seriously now, do you still believe in coincidence? I don’t.

Ok, you may be saying – What’s the big deal? My word against the Idahun’s, so I should be exonerated without a fight. That would be true if not for those pesky audio recordings that Larry and the FBI claim memorialize my hiring Larry the Idahun hit man. But let’s save that story for the next installment in this epic affair: “Sex, Lies and Audiotape.”

There is so much more to come: Russian Mafia intrigue, teenage beauty queens, official (and unofficial) corruption, mail-order brides, Hannibal Edgar, the Tao of Ed, private jets, Tahiti…..and more, believe it or not. Remember, seeing is disbelieving.

With a little help from my friends and my lovely Cyndi, who resolutely has stood by me throughout this ordeal, I will get this and future installments out to my list and posted on my website , as well as others. Bear with us, please.
I finally was seeing some of the mail sent to me in recent months. However, I once again am being moved and, at this moment, no one knows where. So please visit www.free-edgar-steele.com for updates on where to send mail.

-ed

Next: Tao of Ed
Copyright ©2011, Edgar J. Steele
Forward as you wish. Permission is granted to circulate this article and its related audio file among private individuals and groups, post on all Internet sites and publish in full in all not-for-profit publications. Contact author for all other rights, which are reserved.

Further comment is superfluous.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread