Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 1st, 2014 #41
M.N. Dalvez

Wow, I've been to all kinds of third world countries on business (not to mention some other countries with pretty low or nil food safety standards), and I've never seen a kitchen as filthy as that.

That sink is a fucking disgrace - it takes all of 30 seconds to sterilise (not just clean, sterilise) a stainless-steel sink with anti-bacterial detergent, boiling water and a steel scourer. 30 seconds. That's why industrial kitchens have stainless steel sinks; they're easy to clean.

And I have to say, salmonella and shigella (I've had both, and wouldn't recommend either) are not fun ... I almost feel sorry for anyone who ate food from that midden of a kitchen.

Quote:
People who patronise alien restaurants deserve to die agonising deaths from food poisoning.
Usually, people don't die from food poisoning nowadays. Anti-biotics and oral rehydration therapy (usually, people who die from food poisoning either dehydrate, or have strokes thanks to the electrolyte imbalance that two-week long shitting and puking bouts can induce without treatment) are pretty good now.

Quote:
for the next 24 hours never left the loo and stomach pains creased them
Only 24 hours? He probably got off lightly there.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; May 1st, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Old June 19th, 2014 #42
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Caribbean Restaurant Closed for Being Infested With Vermin

DailyStormer.com

A TOWN centre restaurant was forced to shut its kitchen for a week after inspectors found mice droppings on filthy floors.

Environmental officers issued an order to Caribbean bar and takeaway La Spatule in Bradshawgate after they uncovered a rodent infestation in its store room and kitchen during a routine inspection.

They also slapped the venue with a food hygiene rating of zero — the lowest possible — as they decided the state of the food preparation area meant it was a danger to public health.

After a follow-up visit yesterday (FRI) La Spatule has now been allowed to re-open after it was thoroughly cleaned. But the eatery will be subject to more inspections.

Cllr Nick Peel, the executive cabinet member for environmental services, said the council takes restaurant cleanliness extremely seriously.

He added: “Officers in Bolton Council’s food team are willing to work with businesses to provide advice and guidance on food safety.

“However, where there is a serious risk to food safety, appropriate enforcement action will be taken to protect the public.

“The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme allows consumers to check the food hygiene standards of places where they eat out or shop for food.”

Inspectors found the mice infestation during a routine food hygiene inspection on May 29.

After agreeing with the owners that they would close the kitchen voluntarily and clean up their act, council officers returned on June 6 and say they found evidence that food had been cooked and eaten in the restaurant despite no improvement in standards.

The authority took restaurant bosses to court and issued a hygiene emergency prohibition notice, which forced the closure.

La Spatule is the second takeaway on Bradshawgate to be close this year because of a mice infestation, after the Bolton Kebab House was shut down in January.

It has since put up signs saying it is under new management, but has yet to re-open.

Manager of La Spatule Adelaide Tatchemo said the mice infestation came through a neighbouring property.

She denied they had continued to serve food after the first visit from council officers.

Ms Tatchemo said: “When we noticed that we had mice droppings, straight away we agreed to close to carry out what needed to be done.

“Someone put up pictures on Facebook saying we had been cooking food, but they were old pictures — they couldn’t prove I had been cooking, the cooker was dry and I was not cooking.

“I’m really always careful about the food I serve, and never had any complaints before.

“I have now signed up with pest control to make sure these problems don’t happen again.”

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/uk-carib...d-with-vermin/

Old July 11th, 2014 #43
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Non-White Takeaway Restaurant Poisons 13 Victims

DailyStormer.com

After his ordeal, Bartosz Wesolowski who was poisoned by the restaurant said “I feel a lot better now but I will not be eating kebabs or takeaways any more because you don’t know if it is fresh or not. It is better to make homemade food.”

MAGISTRATES have closed a Hyson Green takeaway “until further notice” as one food poisoning victim said he spent three days in hospital with severe dehydration.

Father-of-one Bartosz Wesolowski, 29, of Green Lane, Clifton, was one of 13 people hospitalised after eating from the Khyber Pass restaurant, in Gregory Boulevard, last week.

The machine operator suffered stomach pains, chronic diarrhoea and vomiting after eating a chicken kebab with salad and chips from the takeaway on Wednesday. June 25

Talking to the Post Mr Wesolowski said: “I got to the takeaway at about 3pm on Wednesday and ordered a chicken kebab with chips, salad, mayonnaise and garlic mayonnaise.

“I’m not sure how the chicken was cooked because I didn’t see them make it.”

“I got home later that night and everything was fine, went to bed and slept fine but after breakfast the next day at around 11am I started to feel really, really bad.”

“My body was shaking – it felt like the room was minus twenty degrees.

“I kept going to the toilet with diarrhoea and vomiting.

“My head felt like it was sweating but I was so cold.”

Mr Wesolowski booked a doctor’s appointment at 5.10pm later that day and was told by the GP that he was severely dehydrated from the vomiting and diarrhoea and should drink plenty of water.

He said: “I came home at 6pm and went straight to bed. My body felt so heavy I couldn’t lift myself up.

“I was in bed from 6pm until 9pm and then my wife told me to go to the hospital.”

Mr Weslowski stayed at Nottingham’s Queen’s Medical Centre until Saturday afternoon.

He said: “I feel a lot better now but I will not be eating kebabs or takeaways any more because you don’t know if it is fresh or not. It is better to make homemade food.”

Yesterday, Nottingham City Council went to magistrates’ court to get their emergency closure endorsed, which it was.

A council spokesman confirmed that the Khyber Pass will now remain closed under a court order until the council is satisfied there are no further health risks.

The laboratory tests of the 13 victim’s stool samples are ongoing and it is expected that the type of food poisoning they contracted could be determined today.

Over the weekend the council and the Post heard from customers who felt unwell after eating at the restaurant last week.

But as far as the council is aware there have been no further instances of people needing hospital treatment.

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/uk-non-w...ns-13-victims/

Old July 12th, 2014 #44
Bev
drinking tea

I want to be sympathetic, but I can't. There have been enough tales in the news of curryhouses selling curry that, when analysed, contained an ingredient that - how shall I put this - could only have come from a man. There's been enough depictions of the kitchens of these places when they've been caught with rat droppings and whatever else. We've all had access to the MSM story about the man caught redhanded seasoning the food on sale with a spray bottle containing watered down human waste.

That's not to even mention the countless tales of horse meat in the beefburgers from major manufacturers, the Southerners giving us anecdotal tales of bush meat on sale and clandestine halal and kosher slaughtered meat all over the gaff. Yet people still opt to eat in/from takeaways.

Old July 12th, 2014 #45
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Whatever other problems they have corporate chain restaurants usually don't poison thirteen people in one week.

I only support local business if all workers and management are White.

Old July 12th, 2014 #46
Nate Richards

Quote:
selling curry that, when analysed, contained an ingredient that - how shall I put this - could only have come from a man.
lol you put that as tactfully as could be done, while still getting it across.

I don't know why anyone goes to restaurants anymore, especially the "cheap" ones. Even fast food is ridiculously expensive. You aren't saving your precious time if you're spending 4 or 5 times what the food itself is worth. Money is time.

USA is same as UK in that food service industry has been infested with non-whites and homosexuals for a long time now. I'm assuming it is same for most white countries in "the west": this industry has always had a disproportionate amount of those problems.

Quote:
“I feel a lot better now but I will not be eating kebabs or takeaways any more because you don’t know if it is fresh or not. It is better to make homemade food.”
Guy had to learn the hard way, but at least he learned. Do your own cooking and you will get better at it, you'll get faster. You'll spend a lot less and always know what you're eating.

Old August 10th, 2014 #47
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Non-White Restaurant Owner Blames Inability to Speak English for Disgusting Hygiene Practices

Daily Stormer

August 10, 2014

Immigrants enrich our sanitation standards with their delicious ethnic cuisine.

Everyone knows these people have no basic cleanliness, but I suppose they have to eat at Arab restaurants anyway to prove to themselves they’re not racist.

Magistrates have fined a takeaway boss £525 after he pleaded guilty to 12 food hygiene offences.

Wasim Raja, who runs Pizza Xpress & Balti in Paley Road, Holme Wood, blamed his inability to read and write English on not being able to educate his staff, said his solicitor Arshad Khan yesterday.

Bradford and Keighley Magistrates heard how a routine council inspection found a catalogue of contraventions from a faulty tap and no hand-washing soap to badly marked chopping boards and frozen food wrapped in dirty plastic blankets.

Light switches, hand basin taps and the food mixer were filthy, soiled food containers were kept on rusty fridge shelves and food debris was found on the tin opener.

A back door at the premises which led directly into the food room was left open with no protection against pests.

Raja of Kenley Mount, who was accompanied by an interpretor, had also failed to register himself as the boss of the business.

Inspectors visited a number of other times to get improvements made and a plan drawn up to follow food hygiene regulations, however on the final visit in December 2013 no issues were raised.

Mr Khan told the court: “You will be comforted to know he had taken active steps to improve and deal with all the issues that arose from that inspection.

“The issue he found most difficulty in was monitoring the temperatures and a plan to educate his staff because of his own inability to read and write English.

“By pleading guilty he has also lost his good name and wants to apologise to the court for the trouble caused. This has been a salutary lesson. He knows he needs to devote his time to his business and you can be sure he won’t be coming back to these courts again.”

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/non-whit...ene-practices/

Old November 15th, 2014 #48
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Hotel Sharia in London: Bacon and booze banned after new Muslim ownership

Welcome to Hotel Sharia: No more bacon or booze as trendy venue bought out by a Muslim multi-millionaire

Strict Islamic policy is imposed at London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel

Bar and grill at hotel previously run by Masterchef judge Gregg Wallace

New Middle Eastern owner wants to run it ‘in accordance with Sharia law’

Drinkers were offered only non-alcoholic beer and elderflower cordial

Diners denied dishes that used traces of alcohol such as beer-battered fish

Nearby restaurants said they saw a surge in business when customers walked out of the hotel’s grill on Tuesday

By Tom Kelly And Emily Kent Smith For The Daily Mail

Published: 23:55, 14 November 2014 |

An exclusive hotel has banned alcohol and pork after being taken over by a Middle Eastern businessman who wants to run it ‘in accordance with Sharia law’.

The strict Islamic policy was imposed without warning this week at London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel – where the bar and grill was previously run by Masterchef judge Gregg Wallace.

Staff said the new rules were swiftly implemented on Tuesday on the orders of the new Muslim owner, forcing waiters to tell disgruntled guests that much of the menu was no longer available.

London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel (pictured) has banned alcohol and pork after being taken over by a Middle Eastern businessman who wants to run it ‘in accordance with Sharia law’

Diners were denied dishes that used only traces of alcohol – such as beer-battered fish, a pudding with ‘drunken cherries’ and rum ice cream. Drinkers were offered only non-alcoholic beer and elderflower cordial.

Forced to improvise, chefs are now trying to source chicken and beef sausages instead of pork varieties for breakfast and have replaced the popular hog roast with rabbit terrine.

The £220-a-night hotel is believed to be one of the first in the country to introduce the strict Muslim policy but staff say the changes have caused business to plummet, with many reservations cancelled.

Several fear for their jobs unless the hotel – previously voted the UK’s trendiest place to stay and where Gordon Ramsay once filmed a show – is marketed for a different clientele.

An IT consultant, who has been a regular at the hotel, said: ‘A group of us were meant to be meeting in the bar and they said: “We can’t serve alcohol any more.”

‘When I contacted the manager to ask why, he told me that the new owner wanted it to be a Sharia law hotel. Under Sharia law, you can’t make a profit from alcohol.’

The guest said he would no longer book the hotel in future, adding: ‘They’ve got to be careful. It’s been quiet and this is almost the death knell.’

A sneak peak inside room at the Bermondsey Square Hotel

On community website london-se1, a poster called Drgreenmark2 said customers were ‘kicking off’, adding: ‘Who on earth believes a “dry” hotel and restaurant is going to work in central London, never mind Bermondsey square? This is not Saudi Arabia!’

Gavin Smith posted: ‘I’m a teetotaller but think the no alcohol and no pork policy is too prescriptive. What next? Are guests in the linked hotel going to be asked to provide marriage certificates if they want a double room? Are same-sex couples going to be refused entry?’

The change was so swift that the hotel’s website and menus have not yet been updated and the venue still bills itself as the place to stay for ‘party people, foodies and fashionistas’.

Menus for the GB Bar and Grill still offer full English breakfast with sweetcure streaky bacon and Cumberland sausage, and roast pork belly with black pudding.

The restaurant boasts of ‘signature British dishes’ but even the children’s option of sausage and chips will now have to be changed to meet the new policy.

The hotel website also continues to boast of champagne receptions, its ‘inviting cocktail bar’ and is illustrated with pictures of guests drinking beer.

Customers calling to make reservations are warned they will not be allowed to order beer, wine or spirits because the hotel is under ‘new management’. However, they can buy alcohol from outside and drink it in their rooms.

Several staff at the hotel did not know the new owner’s identity and had been told only that he was from the Middle East. Some were puzzled by the new policy at such short notice as the hotel does not have a significant Muslim clientele and the food is not halal.

Nearby restaurants said they saw a surge in business when customers walked out of the hotel’s grill on Tuesday.

The Village East Brasserie said it had 12 extra diners who specifically asked: ‘Do you serve alcohol because the hotel we are staying in doesn’t?’

Masterchef judge Wallace, who ran the hotel bar and grill until last year, said last night: ‘It doesn’t bother me what the owner wants to do.

‘It’s his religious point of view not to serve alcohol and pork and I respect that. I stay at the hotel and if I want to drink I go elsewhere.’

The hotel was also the setting for Channel 4’s Hotel GB in 2012 when Gordon Ramsay, Mary Portas and Gok Wan competed to run the venue for charity.

It was voted the trendiest in the UK by TripAdvisor in 2010 and rock stars are among those who have sampled its 80 designer bedrooms, which include loft rooms overlooking London’s skyline.

Robert Holland of Bespoke Hotels, which has operated the hotel since it opened in 2009, said decisions were made to change ‘some elements of the business’

‘These are in the best interests of the future of the hotel,’ he said. ‘We always have, and continue to, welcome guests of all shapes, sizes and denomination.’

read full article at source: http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/...lim-ownership/

Old November 15th, 2014 #49
Squarehead Chris

The architect who designed this place should have been thrown into prison.

Last edited by Squarehead Chris; November 15th, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Old November 17th, 2014 #50
Ian Smith son

Unhappy London Luxury Hotel Enforces Sharia Law on Guests

One of London's top luxury hotels, the Bermondsey Square Hotel, has imposed sharia law on all guests. That means a hospitality fatwa has been issued, which would ban alcohol and pork

Russia Today reports that, "London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel has suddenly banned the sale of alcohol, and reportedly pork, “in accordance with Sharia law” under the orders of its new Middle-Eastern owner."

An IT consultant, who is a regular guest at the hotel, is quoted as saying that, “When I contacted the manager to ask why, he told me that the new owner wanted it to be a Sharia law hotel. Under Sharia law, you can’t make a profit from alcohol.”

According to RT, "The Islamic rules were imposed on the hotel on Tuesday, the Daily Mail reported. It is not just alcoholic drinks which have been banned, but also any food containing alcohol. Items such as beer-battered fish or rum ice cream cannot be served in the establishment since the new rules were implemented, the report says, citing staff members." Nevertheless, the hotel's menu continues to boast of serving a bacon buffet breakfast every morning.

http://www.dallasblog.com/2014111710...on-guests.html

Old November 17th, 2014 #51
Meg Kafka

Some day a businessman, like Trump, will stand up to these goons and tell them to stay off his property.

No doubt the UN will ruin him, but if he's smart he'll have a refuge prepared that is well armed and stocked.

Old December 18th, 2014 #52
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post KFC Branch Refused to Offer Hand Wipes Lest Muslims Have Their Feeeeelings Hurt

Eli Stenson

Daily Stormer

December 18, 2014

Hurting someone’s feeeeelings due to their race or religion in this politically correct Western world, in terms of its repulsiveness, falls just short of committing another Holocaust. And in order to avoid hurt feeeelings, the Leicester branch of a halal-only KFC refused a hand wipe to a non-Muslim customer because it consisted of alcohol.

Needless to say, Graham Noakes, the customer in question, was disgusted.

The 41-year-old thought he was the victim of a wind-up by staff at the Leicester restaurant – but KFC bosses confirmed the policy was genuine.

He said: “They told me it might offend other customers. I explained that it wouldn’t affect me. In fact – I told them I like alcohol, so it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

“When they wouldn’t give me one, I was disgusted. I will never be going to KFC again.”

“Why shouldn’t I be allowed a wipe for my hands?” he added. “They use wipes in hospital, what happens when we start being told we can’t have wipes there? I just can’t understand it.”

Even Suleman Nagdi, the spokesman for the Federation of Muslim Organizations, claimed that the hand wipe policy of the Leicester KFC was absolutely ridiculous:

“Using alcohol doesn’t mean you’re consuming it. It seems like an unusual decision to be made. In fact, it sounds bizarre.”

“I’ve never come across anything like this before. KFC have made a commercial decision to do this, and now the Muslim community will face backlash,” he said.

KFC moreover released a couple of statements, with the second statement reading:

“Our alcohol-based hand wipes are approved for use in all our restaurants, including those who are part of the halal trial.

“There was a misunderstanding at the store in question, but the wipes are now being used again. We’re sorry for the customer’s experience.”

As Nagdi alluded to above, Islam forbids the consumption of alcohol; but not its general use, e.g., using rubbing alcohol or alcohol-saturated hand wipes. Whether one views this issue from a non-Muslim or a Muslim perspective, it is simply a consequence of the insanity of political correctness.

I applaud KFC for recognizing the stupidity of this policy and subsequently correcting it. But shame on that branch for allowing it to happen in the first place.

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/uk-kfc-b...eeelings-hurt/

Old April 11th, 2015 #53
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Non-white takeaway owner fined for food safety offences and takeaway is now closed for good. #UnhygienicNon-Whites

Inspectors found Pizza Plus Fried Chicken in Gillingham overrun with mice

Owner Kunaratnam Kunanatha, 36, admitted seven food safety offences

Included lack of cleaning, uncontrolled mice infestation and unfit food

Takeaway reopened a few months later but was closed after further checks

| Updated: 16:38 EST, 10 April 2015

The owner of a takeaway where pizza boxes were filled with mouse droppings and mouldy tomato puree was used as a topping has been fined nearly £15,000.

Council inspectors also found filthy food preparation areas at the mice-ridden Pizza Plus Fried Chicken business run by Kunaratnam Kunanatha, 36, in Gillingham.

Kunanathan, of Catford, London, admitted seven offences under food safety and hygiene regulations at Medway Magistrates’ Court.

They included a lack of cleaning, having an uncontrolled mice infestation and selling unfit food.

He also admitted two health and safety charges including a failure to maintain the electrical installation to prevent danger.

He was fined £14,500 and ordered to pay £2,793 in costs.

The court heard officers from Medway Council immediately closed the premises in Gillingham, Kent in January 2014 as they feared an immediate risk to public health.

The takeaway reopened several months later and further checks were carried out by the council to ensure the infestation was under control.

But it was closed down in May for good by the owner.

read full article at source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-topping.html

Old May 19th, 2015 #54
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post McDonald's in Manchester refused to serve teen who was buying a meal for a homeless man, based on new policy

McDonald’s staff refused to serve a kind teenager who was buying food for a homeless man – because it went against a ‘new policy’.

Charlotte Farrow visited a branch of the fast food chain on Oxford Road in Manchester.

But the 19-year-old claims staff at the fast food chain told her they could not serve homeless people as part of new set of store rules.

McDonald’s has since apologized for the confusion and said the company policy will be reiterated to all staff.

Charlotte – who briefly worked at a McDonald’s herself – was on her way to work last Thursday when she spotted an elderly homeless man and decided to buy him some breakfast.

“We queued up and the homeless guy tried to get some money out before I told him I was paying.”

“Then the supervisor said ‘we don’t serve homeless people’.

“He said the business manager told them they weren’t allowed to serve homeless people. They said it was a new policy.

“It was his attitude towards the guy – we were both customers so there shouldn’t be any difference.

“I think it’s absolutely awful and completely immoral.”

“We’re all human beings. I wouldn’t expect to be treated like that. If they’re refusing to serve homeless people it’s extremely judgmental.”

Charlotte has been homeless herself but currently lives with her boyfriend in Rochdale.

She said McDonald’s ‘bogus policy’ has put her off using the fast food chain again.

A McDonald’s spokesman said the customer was served at the Oxford Street restaurant but company’s policy was ‘incorrectly communicated’ by staff.

They said: “We welcome all customers through our doors and work hard to create a friendly and welcoming environment for all.”

“We can confirm that it is not McDonald’s policy to refuse to serve homeless people and apologize for any confusion caused. We will be reiterating this policy to all team members.”

The incident comes just days after landscape gardener Daniel Jackson claimed he was refused a meal at the same restaurant because he ‘looked like a homeless person’.

Daniel, 27, was wearing outdoor work clothes when he claimed a manager said the company had a ‘zero tolerance policy’ to serving homeless people.

The chain has since apologized.

read full article at source: http://www.dailyhypeonline.com/mcdon...on-new-policy/

Old June 17th, 2015 #55
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Worcester: Sex attack takeaway delivery driver banned from part of city

A takeaway restaurant worker has been banned from delivering to an area of Worcester after sexually assaulting a young woman.

Father-of-four Altaf Hussain, 47, of The Hill Avenue, Battenhall, gave the woman a lift home after work late at night because it was raining, Worcester Crown Court heard.

He parked near her home on the night of the offence, December 31, 2013, and gave her some cannabis to smoke before grabbing her breasts over her clothing, Mohammed Hafeez prosecuting, told the court.

The woman, who was far younger than him, had previously told him she had a partner.

Hussain pleaded not guilty and was cleared by a jury of another sexual assault on the same woman but they failed to reach a verdict on the second charge. After a retrial, he was found guilty.

Because of the retrial, he had now spent 18 months on bail, Ian Suggett, defending, told the court.

He said Hussain still did not admit that he had done anything wrong and if he was sent to jail, he would not be able to provide for his young family.

At a sentencing hearing, Judge Abbas Mithani QC, who presided over the retrial, said the woman had not complained at the shop because it was her first job and Hussain was a valued employee of long-standing. He had taken this as a sign to carry on.

“He first engaged in sexual banter with her then touched and groped her,” the judge said. “She told him she was repulsed because she had no interest in men.”

He assaulted her while she was vulnerable. It was late at night and she was in his car which he had parked at an isolated place he had carefully chosen.

He gave Hussain a jail sentence of six months and imposed a restraining order for three years banning him from going near the woman or her home address.

He said it would be a “no go area” for him and any future takeaway deliveries there would have to be allocated to another driver.

Hussain was also ordered to register as a sex offender for ten years.

read full article at source: http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/..._sent_to_jail/

Old June 30th, 2015 #56
john-connor
Banned

Default Illegal workers arrested at Glengormley fast food outlet

http://www.newtownabbeytoday.co.uk/n...tlet-1-6822961
Illegal workers arrested at Glengormley fast food outlet
News
News

13:01Monday 29 June 2015

A Glengormley takeaway is facing a potential fine of up to £40,000 after two illegal workers were arrested at the business during an operation by a Home Office immigration enforcement team.

The operation was carried out on Thursday, June 18, but details of the arrests were only made public this week.

Acting on intelligence, officers visited New Taste Chinese takeaway on Carnmoney Road and questioned staff to check if they had the right to be in and work in the UK.

“Two Chinese women aged 40 and 46 found working in the kitchen were arrested. Both were in the country illegally,” a Home Office spokesperson confirmed.

Both women are currently in Home Office detention while steps are taken to remove them from the country.

The business was served with a notice warning that a civil penalty of up to £20,000 per illegal worker will be imposed unless proof is provided that the correct right-to-work checks were carried out such as seeing a passport or official Home Office document.

Deputy Director Mike Golden, from the Home Office’s Northern Ireland Immigration Enforcement Team, said: “These arrests are a clear warning to those in Northern Ireland abusing our immigration laws. There will be no slowdown in our efforts to arrest, detain and remove you from the UK.

“Employers who use illegal labour are defrauding the taxpayer, undercutting genuine employers and denying legitimate job hunters work.

Old August 12th, 2015 #57
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Bradford: Food outlets with zero hygiene ratings

EIGHTEEN food businesses in the Bradford area have a hygiene rating of zero, the Telegraph & Argus can reveal.

The premises include pubs, restaurants, takeaways and cafes.

One of the businesses, Dil Passand in Duckworth Lane, had a zero rating last year and retains one today.

The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme is run by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) in partnership with local authorities.

As of yesterday, there are 11 businesses under Bradford Council's jurisdiction with a zero rating.

They are:

Amaan Foods in Leeds Old Road, Bradford;

Awami Foods in Smiddles Lane, Bradford;

Berries Bagel & Shakes in Killinghall Road, Bradford;

Dil Passand, Duckworth Lane, Bradford;

Fliirt in the Kirkgate Centre, Bradford,;

Hookahs in Hey Street, Bradford;

New Abaseen in Leeds Road, Bradford;

Regal Catering in Whetley Hill, Bradford;

The Old Bank in Market Street, Bradford.

Mohammed Hussain, manager at Dil Passand, said “plenty of improvements” had been made since the inspectors had visited. He admitted previously employing staff during a busy period who did not have food hygiene certificates. He has since installed a sink and paper towels in a food preparation room which was only used at busy times and he no longer employs people who are not qualified in food safety. Mr Hussain said a repeat inspection was taking place in the next week.

Azar Younis, of Krispy Kod, said his shop had undergone a refurbishment costing more than £20,000 since the inspectors visited on June 3.

He said: "We were closing for a refurbishment in Ramadan. The guys went a bit slack thinking we are going to be off for six weeks. We were closing two days after the inspectors came."

Mr Younis said the reasons for Krispy Kod's zero rating were a damaged worktop, a faulty light in a cold room, and a leaking freezer.

He said: "We have had a massive refurbishment which cost more than £20,000. It is a completely different place.

"You would see this place now and think how can this place have a zero rating. It looks fantastic.

"There's been a change of management, new staff, including an ex-Pizza Hut manager, and new training."

New Abaseen received a zero rating after an inspection on January 6 this year. Owner Ali Nasim said it was the first inspection, and added: "Now everything is all right. When they come back everything will be all right."

Hamid Bavaghar, owner of One and 1, Shipley, said issues raised by inspectors had been sorted out and he was confident everything was now up-to-date.

He wants inspectors to revisit and provide a fresh rating.

Problems he has resolved included failing to take temperature readings and having a counter made from plain wood. He also now uses plastic containers rather than tins. Mr Bavaghar said he was confident in the food and overall hygiene.

Asjad Saddiq, of grocery shop Awami Foods, said paperwork relating to fridge temperature readings had previously not been in order, adding: “Everything else was up to date. I have all the pape

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...atings/?ref=ar

Old August 13th, 2015 #58
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Revealed: Greater Manchester's dirtiest shop

The M.E.N. can today reveal Greater Manchester's dirtiest shop.

Iqbal Cash and Carry, on Mere Lane, in Rochdale, is the dirtiest shop in the region, according to the Foods Standards Agency after being blasted for food hygiene.

It is the only store in the region to get a zero out of five rating after an inspection on July 1. It was judged ‘bad’ for food hygiene and safety.

Rochdale council inspectors said it required ‘urgent’ improvement and they had ‘little’ confidence in management.

They found there were no temperature controls; pest control was inadequate, with flies in the building; no hot water; no cleaning materials; and ‘dirty’ conditions.

Waste meat was not properly disposed of and was attracting flies, according to a report.

The butchery department and associated chillers were voluntarily closed for a day. Improvement notices were served and there is an ongoing investigation into conditions according to council chiefs.

The M.E.N. has repeatedly attempted to contact the owner for comment, but has had no response.

More than 20 supermarkets in Greater Manchester are failing to meet basic hygiene standards.

Eleven shops in the region scored two at their latest inspection - and 11 scored one, requiring ‘major’ improvement.

Londis, on Sale Lane, in Tyldesley, Wigan, scored one, with ‘poor’ food hygiene and safety; ‘fair’ structural compliance; and ‘little’ confidence in management.Amral Patel, who runs the store, said he was given the low rating because he was caught not properly storing and keeping warm pre-cooked pies.

He said: “I got them from a bakery. I would put half in a chiller and half in a pie-warmer. They said I couldn’t do that and had to microwave them to a certain temperature then put them in the chiller.

“That was the main thing. I’ve stopped selling them now. It was more hassle than it was worth.

“They’re coming to reassess me and hopefully I’ll be okay next time.”

Kwiksave, on Manchester Road, in Castleton, Rochdale, scored two in May this year.

A spokeswoman said: “Consistency of store standards amongst the independent retailers who run the vast majority of our stores is a priority for the business.

“We want the shopping experience to be of the highest standards in all Kwiksave stores and are dedicated to working with our retailers to help them to achieve this.”

The Coop Late shop at 197 Washway Road, Sale, Trafford, scored two at an inspection in 2013.

A spokesman said: “We take our store environment and hygiene procedures very seriously. This store’s rating is nearly two years old and we are confident that it now fully meets all FSA required standards.”

Iceland, on Golden Way in Urmston, Trafford, scored two in December 2012. The chain has not responded to the M.E.N’s request for comment.

Stockport is home to six supermarkets with a hygiene score of less than three, with three scoring one and three scoring two.

All the scores listed on the Food Standards Agency site were awarded the last time the busines

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....hester-9846927

Old August 14th, 2015 #59
Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsFeed View Post

The M.E.N. can today reveal Greater Manchester's dirtiest shop.

Iqbal Cash and Carry, on Mere Lane, in Rochdale, is the dirtiest shop in the region, according to the Foods Standards Agency after being blasted for food hygiene....
Shouldn't that be Cash for Curry...

Old September 19th, 2015 #60
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Steakhouse caught serving up HORSE MEAT instead of zebra

Boss Kunal Soni was caughter after undercover Trading Standards officers visited The Steakhouse, which claimed to offer various exotic meats such as zebra, ostrich, kangaroo, wildebeest and antelope.

After they placed their orders, one for zebra and one for wildebeest, the officers looked around the kitchen, where they found tickets for their orders which read: "1 venison, chips and salad; 1 horse, chips and salad".

The officers confronted Mr Soni, who claimed the waiter had "made a mistake".

But when the meat was sent for analysis the zebra was identified as horse and the wildebeest was actually red deer.

The officers returned to the eatery in Watford, Hertfordshire and found 22kg of horse meat in the freezer.

He was handed a one-year conditional discharge and was ordered to pay £3,860 costs.

Speaking after the case, Hertford County Council cabinet member for community protection, Richard Thake, said: "The public must have confidence in the food that is put in front of them when eating out.

"Passing off food as something that it is not puts other competing businesses at a disadvantage and undermines the trust in the market."

The restaurant has now taken a ribbing on TripAdvisor from angry and bemused customers.

A former customer wrote: "Saddle up and get your nose bag on."

"Stop horsing about and gallop on down to Steakhouse while you still can. I have a feeling that it might not be around for much longer."

Another took to the restaurant's Facebook page and poked fun at a photo of a steak put up by bosses.

He wrote: "What part of horse this is?"

Customers had previously complained about the meat they were served up at the eatery, saying the zebra was "sinewy" and the llama was "tough".

A customer, who went to the restaurant in 2014, said he was appalled after ordering a zebra steak and being served up something which was "definitely not" what he ordered.

He said: "I know what zebra meat tastes like as I'd had it a lot in my time, and this definitely wasn't zebra.

"Now we all know it was horse I was given."

Another described the zebra steak as "very tough".

Following his visit in May this year, he wrote: "My friend and I plumped to share a zebra steak and crocodile tail.

"The zebra was a bit sinewy; the crocodile a bit bland.

"Everything on the menu is described as tender and delicious - perhaps they ought to offer the chef to cook them that way!"

While, one customer claimed the food was "inedible".

She said her partner ordered llama, but that it was "so tough" he couldn't eat it.

read full article at source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/606...-zebra-Watford

Tags
bon appetit, diner, food, halal, kosher, restaurant, takeaway

Thread