VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 3rd, 2013 #1
Cassinelli
Fino all'ultimo

Default Apartheid Linux

This distro was made by stormfront user "Linuxer", is PCLinuxOS LXDE based and come with TOR.

Being based on PCLinuxOS, Apartheid is a rolling release. This means the OS is always changing and you will always get the latest applications without having to reinstall.

Md5sum: 8bb3ba5d6dbbc0f415ab59c1ad89c8a3 apartheid.iso

Login: guest
Password: guest
Rootpassword: root

Where to get it:

Apartheid.1.0.LXDE.i686.iso LinuxTracker

Alternate download:
Apartheid.1.0.LXDE.i686.iso (download torrent) - TPB

Alternate download: Free Files Hosting - Woofiles.com - No Registration Required (Please do not use it unless the torrent is dead!)

Why use it?
-Tor works out of the box! https://www.torproject.org/
-Rolling release (like Arch or Debian testing/sid) but still very easy to use
-A GUI for almost anything in the Control Center
-Multimedia preinstalled. No extra codecs needed to play mp3s or play movies.
-Light on resources. Makes it well suited for use as a livecd or on computers with low specs.
-Can be run from the cdrom or installed to the hard drive.
-Easy to back up your own system with mylivecd script or installing the OS to a memory stick.

Apartheid comes with just a few basic applications:

Software installed:

Bleachbit – System Cleaning Program
DeaDBeeF - Music Player
Evince – PDF viewing Client
File-Roller – Archiving Client
Firefox 4 - New generation of this Web Browser (Chromium and Opera available from software center)
flash-player-plugin – Flash Support
GIMP – Graphic Drawing Program
Gpicview – Graphic Viewing Program
Gnome Baker – CD/DVD Burning Program
kernel-2.6.33.7-pclos6.bfs-1 – BFS kernel for maximum desktop performance
leafpad – Text Editor
Lxdecc – LXDE Control Center
Liveusb – Put PCLinuxOS on USB key disk (New on LiveCD)
VLC- Video Player
Nano – Console Text Editor
PCmanFM- File Manager
Pidgin - Instant Messenger
Screenie – Screenshot Program
Searchmonkey - Desktop Search

12,000 additional programs available from Synaptic Software Manager after installation to your computer.

Hardware requirements

Processor:

Modern Intel or AMD processor.

Memory & storage:

RAM : 384 MB minimum, 1 GB recommended.
Hard disk : 3 GB minimum, 10 GB or more recommended if you plan to install additional software from our repository.

This only applies if you install Apartheid to your hard drive:

Apartheid uses the PCLinuxOS repositories, so whatever applies to PCLinuxOS, applies to Apartheid. The following is very important

If you get a question like this, "Some packages could not be retrieved" - "Continue ignoring these programs ?", NEVER EVER answer Yes! If you get this message answer NO and then click APPLY again to restart the download.

You've downloaded the Apartheid Livecd, controlled the MD5sum, burned the image slowly and verified it with your burner

All your hardware works, and you install.

Everything works sweetly and you want to keep it that way.

First, do a full update of the system. Open Synaptic, click Reload, Mark All Updates, Apply, Apply.

Wait for it to completely finish.

Now you can go to synaptic and install any applications that take your fancy.

Every few days open Synaptic, click Reload, Mark All Updates to see if there are any. If the Apply Tick remains inactive, there is none.

Only ever have ONE repository enabled. If the current repo is sluggish, uncheck that and choose another. Click Reload afterwards to get the correct package lists from that mirror.

Apartheid/PCLinuxOS is a 'meta' distro, or 'rolling release', that is, it is built in such a way that the user installs and then fully updates periodically over an indefinite period. (The last six years, users would have to reinstall only once.)

This means that a certain discipline is required of the user. It must adhere to program of fully updating from time to time and never installing outside packages in order to preserve the stability, thus reliability, of the system.

Have fun!

Source: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t786671/

Old March 4th, 2013 #2
varg

So basically it's just PCLinuxOS and it uses their repositories ?

The only difference is that they preinstalled some software for you and maybe changed the background.

If they want to transition people off Windows they should use a more "friendly" distro based on Mint (the Mint creator is already anti-israel) or ZorinOS. Those distros are the best for Windows users who want to learn more about Linux.

The problem with Linux is there are too many distributions and most are outdated crap. All one really needs to do to make their own distro is pre-package software and think up a new name. There's a difference between creating a Linux distro by actually coding one, and creating cloning one only to save people a few keystrokes of installing the bundled software themselves.

Last edited by varg; March 4th, 2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: ..

Old March 4th, 2013 #3
varg

Here I just recreated Apartheid Linux in three lines

1. Install any distribution you like, preferably one with more active development and up to date packages.

2. Open terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install tor wget lxde Bleachbit DeaDBeeF Evince File-Roller Firefox flashplugin-nonfree gnomebaker leafpad Lxdecc Liveusb VLC Nano PCmanFM Pidgin Screenie Searchmonkey
sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/wallpapers && wget http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/006/6/a/fancy_swastika_by_william_of_orange-d4lj5on.png -O /usr/share/wallpapers/swastika.png
sudo pcmanfm --set-wallpaper /usr/share/wallpapers/swastika.png
3. Think up a new name

Last edited by varg; March 4th, 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: ..

Old March 7th, 2013 #4
AJG
Holohoax Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Here I just recreated Apartheid Linux in three lines

1. Install any distribution you like, preferably one with more active development and up to date packages.

2. Open terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install tor wget lxde Bleachbit DeaDBeeF Evince File-Roller Firefox flashplugin-nonfree gnomebaker leafpad Lxdecc Liveusb VLC Nano PCmanFM Pidgin Screenie Searchmonkey
sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/wallpapers && wget http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/006/6/a/fancy_swastika_by_william_of_orange-d4lj5on.png -O /usr/share/wallpapers/swastika.png
sudo pcmanfm --set-wallpaper /usr/share/wallpapers/swastika.png
3. Think up a new name
What if I'm on gentoo?!

As for the topic, if I were looking to switch my computer use to open source, which relies heavily on community support, why would I use something that effectively marginalizes itself badly without any real benefit to either myself or people of my race?

Has the creator magically discovered a way to prevent data mining by entities like Google, ISPs and the government? Or does Apartheid Linux still allow my data to be freely transmitted to big jew?

Old March 7th, 2013 #5
Cassinelli
Fino all'ultimo

@varg: I know, Apartheid Linux is just PCLinuxOS with some extra stuff, but if you look at this way Ubuntu would be a Debian with Unity and new GUI.

@AJG: No, nothing can prevent data mining by Google (mainly) and all this bullshit, even if it can, the government would have our information, the only way to be "invisible" in the world is not being born.

Thread