VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 4th, 2007 #41
Itz_molecular
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSanguine View Post

My tongue is not smooth, it has tastebuds on it,I can feel them and they like they are very responsive. If I physically tire myself I pant more than I would sweat.... My cat has huge canines in front and then small little ones in between,like me.
Smooth , as compared to a carnivore.

YOu pant for respiration , not as a method of cooling . When have you ever seen humans panting at rest , like dogs or cats , on a hot day ?

Quote:
And I have claws, you can have them to if you let them grow out.
No , you don't have claws . Humans don't have subunguis , which is necessary to form a claw . Your nails don't form natural point , as a claw does.

Quote:
From the way you talk, I feel almost as if I am not a human, but then again... I am, as we are omniverous creatures, now aren't we......
Yes , we are omniverous , but with a very strong inclination to being a herbivore . We can eat almost anything , in dire circumstances, but it isn't the preferential or best diet .

Humans have a very long ( almost 20 ft ) small intestine , which is common to herbivores and not seen in carnivores . People do best on a mostly grain and vegetable diet with very low fat .

Old May 4th, 2007 #42
Itz_molecular
Banned

Quote:
Normally we keep or bulls seperate from the females and young, most people do around here, so they won't be shreddin up anybody or anything..... Cut'em when they're young.
Sure, that is for domestic livestock . I was speaking of cattle in their natural environment and natural instincts , which prevailed for millions of years before domestication . Domestic cattle are an unnatural breed kept in unnatural circumstances .

Old May 6th, 2007 #43
SSanguine

Default beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz_molecular View Post
Sure, that is for domestic livestock . I was speaking of cattle in their natural environment and natural instincts , which prevailed for millions of years before domestication . Domestic cattle are an unnatural breed kept in unnatural circumstances .
Being in a field, grazing all day on 50 acres and you call that unnatural ....

Natural instincts.... Example a human female on her period should NOT go around a bull, for he is liable to attack her....

Our cattle are natural. You didn't even know that cows have very coarse tongues... Even more so rough than a cat's tongue.

I suppose though that you are an expert on the domestication of cattle after their superior reign as natural grazing herbivores..... Witnessing the millions years of it and so forth.

If your body does good on grain and veggies then I am happy for you, but not everyone's bodies are the same.

Veggies I can eat loads of with no problems. Grain on the other hand will make me feel terrible if I eat too much of it. If I don't have meat, I feel less active, tired, grumpy, and a lot less intelligent.

Everyone is built differently so there is no reasoning in saying we should all eat like this because of the way our teeth are, or because we don't pant and have rough tongues.

Eat whatever makes you feel good, whether it be a 32oz Porterhouse or a 2oz Soy patty.

Old May 9th, 2007 #44
red_Sekhmet
Les Fleurs du Mal

Being a vegan is a good idea if you want to grow your food at home and don't have the land to graze animals. However, in the real world, being a vegan is expensive. It's cheaper to buy a few pounds of ground chuck than to buy fresh veggies and tofu.

"For he comes, the human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
from a world more full of weeping than you
can understand."

www.whitearyan.info

Old May 9th, 2007 #45
SSanguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_Sekhmet View Post
Being a vegan is a good idea if you want to grow your food at home and don't have the land to graze animals. However, in the real world, being a vegan is expensive. It's cheaper to buy a few pounds of ground chuck than to buy fresh veggies and tofu.
That is very true.

I find that during the winter when I am not able to grow as many veggies, and I would like to use fresh vegies instead of the canned or frozen ones - I will go to the grocery store and spend more money on vegetables and fruits than on meat. Grapes are ridiculous anymore and I love them so.... That is price comparison though, because I don't buy my meat from the grocery store.

Old May 9th, 2007 #46
red_Sekhmet
Les Fleurs du Mal

Quote:
That is very true.

I find that during the winter when I am not able to grow as many veggies, and I would like to use fresh vegies instead of the canned or frozen ones - I will go to the grocery store and spend more money on vegetables and fruits than on meat. Grapes are ridiculous anymore and I love them so.... That is price comparison though, because I don't buy my meat from the grocery store.
With the price of gas around here, the price of a head of iceburg lettuce jumped from $.99/ea to $1.87/ea. Other veggies and fruit have gone up just as much. Luckily I live in a rural area, so I can visit the farmer's market in summer.

Have you seen the price of seedless watermelon!

can understand."

www.whitearyan.info

Old May 9th, 2007 #47
SSanguine

Quote:
With the price of gas around here, the price of a head of iceburg lettuce jumped from $.99/ea to $1.87/ea. Other veggies and fruit have gone up just as much. Luckily I live in a rural area, so I can visit the farmer's market in summer.

Have you seen the price of seedless watermelon!

It's insane these prices.... I live in a rural area also, but even still I should be making a lot more money to support these prices. Guess we will all just have to quit eating!

No more herbivore, carnivore, omnivore discssions when we can all afford to only eat dirt and bugs.....

Old May 9th, 2007 #48
red_Sekhmet
Les Fleurs du Mal

Quote:
It's insane these prices.... I live in a rural area also, but even still I should be making a lot more money to support these prices. Guess we will all just have to quit eating!

No more herbivore, carnivore, omnivore discssions when we can all afford to only eat dirt and bugs.....
If you eat Japanese beetles, I'll cut a deal with you and landscape your yard for free. =)

can understand."

www.whitearyan.info

Old May 9th, 2007 #49
SSanguine

Quote:
If you eat Japanese beetles, I'll cut a deal with you and landscape your yard for free. =)

If I said yes... would that be weird? Because landscaping is pretty darn expensive these days!

Also, since I don't eat anything else Japanese, I doubt I will be chowin down on tasty jap beetles anytime soon....

I just realized my car was made in Japan, strange.

Thread