Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 5th, 2011 #1
varg

Default Epic Frog

Who can doubt the perseverance of the mighty frog?

Loss of habitat, acid rain, eaten by rednecks and the asshole French. But do they ever give up?

Old September 5th, 2011 #2
varg

I've had a few frogs as pets. Namely these:

The Pixie Frog:

You'll probably get one that will look like this:

A couple thousand mealworms later you'll have AG in frog form. These fat fucks know how to eat. If you search on youtube you can see them eating pinky mice when they get this size. In the beginning they'll just go through as many mealworms as you give them. They're probably the easiest to keep as a pet because they're so easy to feed.

"Just enjoying this fine summers day"

"Do I look white?"

"Down the hatch!".. Obesity was never so adorable

Old September 5th, 2011 #3
varg

Pacman frog:

I had one of these.. They're cute. Kind of camouflaged.

I found them difficult to feed. Mine was just an emotional fag and wanted to sit in the corner pondering life until it eventually starved.

"Leave me alone, no one understands me"

Old September 5th, 2011 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Pacman frog:

I found them difficult to feed. Mine was just an emotional fag and wanted to sit in the corner pondering life until it eventually starved.

Haha, that's funny. I would think I was the shit if I was colored like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I've found a similar problem with some snakes. The garter snakes and such just won't eat. The snakes that make good pets are generally the small constrictors. King snakes, for example. And they don't grow huge like all these pythons.

Old September 5th, 2011 #5
J. Kerr
Whats next?

When i was a boy, i'd spend all day catching frogs.
I once caught a huge bullfrog about 6 inches long (not with legs extended).

Ah, back when life was just fun and games.

Thanks Varg.

Old September 5th, 2011 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

They got a monstah frog in Malaysia the other day. It's wicked laaaahge.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/291626/stran...malaysia.html/

Old September 5th, 2011 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Some chink was trying to buy it for a wife, but they ate it before he could get back with the money.

Old September 5th, 2011 #8
Vijay Coomar
TNT NT-YT

Default nay for YT's frogs

these frogs are disgusting to look at. they look so slimy i want to vomit and look at their bulging eyes. yuck. i'd never want to look at one, let alone touch one like YT.

Join a gym. Get in shape. If women still hate you, well then that can't be changed, but as much as they hate you, they will still want to lay you. -Keifer

Old September 5th, 2011 #9
varg

They're not slimy vijay. You're probably slimier with all that curry seeping out of your pores.

Old September 5th, 2011 #10
Vijay Coomar
TNT NT-YT

Quote:
They're not slimy vijay. You're probably slimier with all that curry seeping out of your pores.
Since YT loves slimy so much, YT can adopt me and keep me as a pet instead of those stupid ugly frogs.

Join a gym. Get in shape. If women still hate you, well then that can't be changed, but as much as they hate you, they will still want to lay you. -Keifer

Old September 5th, 2011 #11
Hunter Morrow

You had a pacman frog that wouldn't eat? I had one for several years that seemingly never stopped eating!

I tried to re-create Argentina as faithfully as I could with plants and sphagnum moss and dirt. They do need a place to burrow and hide, I don't think an aquatic setup works as well for them.

Night crawlers, fish, all manners of insects caught and purchased from pet stores, even the occasionally pinkie and full grown mouse went down the hatch.

I've had some neat aquatic ones, too. Full sized clawed frogs and Surinam toads, Pipa Pipa, the ones that give birth the eggs that are laid in their back skin. Those things are pretty much swimming mouths as well. They'll eat just about anything.

Old September 8th, 2011 #12
Karl LaForce

Recently had this fist sized frog in the garden that was fond of climbing the side of the house and perching himself in an open second story window to catch any flying insects trying to get into the house. I thought it was great (a bio solution for a bio problem). This freakin thing had a tongue twice the length of its body.

Old November 3rd, 2011 #13
Swede
morsning korsning

Quote:
Pacman frog:

Hehehe funny

Old November 3rd, 2011 #14
Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
They got a monstah frog in Malaysia the other day. It's wicked laaaahge.
Nice job not butchering the boston accent.

Thread