Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 20th, 2008 #61
Summer
WN Mother
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,469
Summer
Default

It is because everyone has their heads up their bums. Back when it was normal for women to stay at home, people would look at working mothers the same way they look at stay at home moms now. I know when I say I am a stay at home mom to anyone, 95% of responses are usually 'okay' but with that look in their eyes like they think I am lazy and weird. But then I will get responses from the other 5% who wish they could stay at home as well. When this whole entire campaign of woman's rights and kikish bs about how women are as good if not better than men, is when people started having a problem with stay at home mothers. I can even tell my father thinks I should be out working. I told him I will not until my children are in school, and if at that time I do decide to work then it will fit around my childrens schedule, where I take them to school, go to work and get off of work 30 minutes before they get out of school so I can pick them up. That is the only way I will work, outside of my house that is. People work not for money in order to buy food and things they need but to purchase that billion dollar house and 5 cars and wardrobes of shoes and clothes they don't ever wear and 5 rooms of toys for their kids, who can care less about any of them. Materialism is what screwed over the stay at home mothers.
__________________
jews do NOT deserve to have the letter 'j' capitalized, not even if it is the first word of a sentence.
 
Old December 20th, 2008 #62
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: With my awesome parents
Posts: 7,802
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbwgreez View Post
You're right about that April. My mother did feel marginalized in many ways and did not have a circle of friends (wives with families) that supported her. The church, for instance, bullied her into lots of activities because of her status. It's no wonder that women feel a need to prove themselves in the workplace - both because of the self esteem they get and the independence that the money brings.
When my mom got pregnant with my older sister, her three best friends got pregnant before she was born. Now that's what I call community support.
 
Old December 20th, 2008 #63
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: With my awesome parents
Posts: 7,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer View Post
I know when I say I am a stay at home mom to anyone, 95% of responses are usually 'okay' but with that look in their eyes like they think I am lazy and weird. But then I will get responses from the other 5% who wish they could stay at home as well.
A small minority understands and appreciates the value of homework. I'm hot for teacher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer View Post
People work not for money in order to buy food and things they need but to purchase that billion dollar house and 5 cars and wardrobes of shoes and clothes they don't ever wear and 5 rooms of toys for their kids, who can care less about any of them. Materialism is what screwed over the stay at home mothers.
Materialism is fine if you direct the desire towards materials with proper priority and allocate resources accordingly.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...637#post901637
 
Old December 20th, 2008 #64
Luis Quilico
Senior Member
 
Luis Quilico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 687
Luis Quilico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mazzone of Palatine View Post
Materialism is fine if you direct the desire towards materials with proper priority and allocate resources accordingly.
As with all things, in moderation.

A lot of good points have been raised in this thread, especially so many that reveal the fallacies of popular perception regarding motherhood. If she's doing her job properly, a dedicated wife, mother and homemaker works twice as hard as any woman in the workforce and she deserves the natural rewards that her family affords her. Laziness has nothing to do with it. What is there in the workforce? To be a wage slave, a lemming, human veal in a cubicle? Most jobs are unnatural and psychologically damaging to anyone of substantial intelligence and character. Just consider most working women: they're miserable, lonely and pathetic - fucked in the head and unable to personally interact with normal people in a functional manner. Exceptions exist among the successful, motivated self-employed of either gender, of course.

Summer and April should be proud of themselves, not only because they're upholding and instilling proper social values in their children, not only because they're a credit to their race and respective ethnicities, but because by taking a healthy traditional role, they're doing what's right for themselves. They've learned to ignore the brainless drivel fed like so much candy to kwans.
__________________
Quote:
You'll catch a liar before a cripple.
-Catalan proverb
 
Old January 2nd, 2009 #65
Anne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,760
Anne
Default

I'm sure everyone here recognizes that women are meant to be followers and easily led--that is not a bad thing, it is simply our nature. It is men who create civilization; when it crumbles, it is largely the fault of men (neglect, giving in to passions, etc.). Men are the ones who need to regain their footing and navigate society back to its proper orientation. If women were told by the community that it was best they stayed at home with their children--for all sorts of reasons--they would do so.

The challenge for women is figuring out exactly to whom we should listen. It is no accident that in Greek, Sophia, or Wisdom is feminine. Wisdom is knowing where to find the teacher or source of truth. These days, few men are teaching the truth, and women are listening to the wrong voices.
__________________
Momma tried to raise me better.
 
Old January 3rd, 2009 #66
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: With my awesome parents
Posts: 7,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I'm sure everyone here recognizes that women are meant to be followers and easily led--that is not a bad thing, it is simply our nature.
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
These days, few men are teaching the truth, and women are listening to the wrong voices.
http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=123
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.
Page generated in 0.12321 seconds.