VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 6th, 2019 #1
alex revision

Default The $120,000 Banana Wins Art Basel

The $120,000 Banana Wins Art Basel

Stampeding billionaires took over Miami Beach for the annual art fair where everybody is V.I.P.

Dec. 6, 2019

Leave it to Maurizio Cattelan.

The first flight of V.I.P. collectors had barely arrived at Art Basel Miami Beach, the art fair that some call the “Running of the Billionaires,’’ and the satirical Italian artist had already won the battle for Instagram.

All he needed was a banana and some duct tape. In a gesture straight out of the Duchamp playbook, Mr. Cattelan emerged from productive hibernation with his first sculpture created for an art fair in 15 years. The piece, titled “Comedian,’’ was the endpoint in a creative process that saw him cycling through renditions of the fruit in resin and bronze, before settling on the real thing.

Now more than ever at this fair, art dealers ship in their choicest inventory; Mr. Cattelan’s competition included Picasso, Basquiat and Georg Baselitz. Still, minutes after the gun went off for a V.I.P. preview on Wednesday morning (the fair would not open to the public for another day) collectors were already making a beeline for the Galerie Perrotin booth and Mr. Cattelan’s banana, offered in a limited edition of three with one artist’s proof, at a cost of $120,000 apiece.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/s...ami-beach.html

Old December 7th, 2019 #2
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old December 8th, 2019 #3
Hugh Akston
Banned

I prefer this kind of banana art. It's a lot cheaper and you can really "peel out" with it:

Old December 9th, 2019 #4
Stewart Meadows

This is how I prefer my banana art:

Quote:
Banana wall vandalized with Jeffrey Epstein theory at Art Basel

By Lee Brown
December 9, 2019

This is getting bananas!

The wall that featured the $120,000 duct-taped banana — before the fruit was gobbled up by a performance artist — was vandalized with the misspelled message, “Epstien didn’t kill himself.”

Rod Webber, 46, was arrested Sunday on charges of criminal mischief at Art Basel after livestreaming himself scrawling the conspiracy-theory message in red lipstick, according to the Miami Herald.

“My name is ‘Epstein didn’t kill himself’ Webber,” he told the crowd that gathered around him as he said he was “just doing a little art.”

“It wasn’t vandalism, it’s art,” he repeatedly told security as he was being kicked out, video he posted on Facebook showed. He also said the gallery “invited” such performance art by setting a “precedent” with the banana display.
https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/banana...-at-art-basel/

Read more about this subject here, folks:

The official thread about jew pedophile Jeffrey Epstein (1953-2019) and his jewish network

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=552290

Old December 10th, 2019 #6
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Some television commercials from back when I was a kid:

All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old December 10th, 2019 #7
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex revision View Post
The $120,000 Banana Wins Art Basel

Thread