VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 11th, 2013 #1
littlefieldjohn

Default "Here Comes Honey Jigaboo Boo"

Quote:
Cable TV’s Oxygen channel was founded in part by Oprah Winfrey, but it appears to have finally jumped the shvartze with a proposed program called All My Babies’ Mamas.

Originally slated to appear in the spring, the one-hour special now hovers in reality-show limbo due to a torrent of protest from outraged Pundits of Color.

Their chief lament is that the show unfairly attacks, demeans, and stereotypes the black community despite the fact that it is, well, a reality show starring real black people. Really black people.

Atlanta-based rapper Shawty Lo (born Carlos Walker) is the man whose loins produced all those babies from all those mamas—eleven babies and ten mamas, to be exact.

According to Wikipedia:

When he was a teenager, he sold drugs and mugged people. By the age of 15, Carlos had fathered his first child….After a decade of selling drugs, Walker decided to turn his attention to music and began performing as Shawty Lo.

Mr. Lo is currently dating a 19-year-old girl whose womb has yet to sprout forth with the rich, humid fruit of his seed, but to be fair, she’s roughly the age of his oldest child, so give the young lady some time.

This teenage lass was scheduled to appear alongside Shawty, the babies, and the mamas—the latter of whom were tagged with wacky handles such as “Fighter Baby Mama,” “Crazy Baby Mama,” “Jealous Baby Mama,” and “Shady Baby Mama”—on this TV extravaganza which, unlike all of those mamas’ babies, may soon be aborted.

The outrage has little to do with the show being unrealistic and everything to do with it being far too realistic.”

One segment of the promotional trailer (the full version was yanked from YouTube shortly after the media blacklash occurred) shows Shawty struggling to remember all his chilluns’ names

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bavTUYRs#t=64s

In a press release
http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2...?icid=buzzlink
that was pulled from their website after the controversy erupted, Oxygen had described the show thusly:

This bold new series shows every second of the drama-filled lives surrounding a unique “modern” family unit, as they navigate their financially and emotionally connected lives. As the household grows, sometimes so does the dysfunction, leaving the man of the house to split his affection multiple ways while trying to create order…but sharing your man with several opinionated women is bound to create issues.

The resultant blacklash was even funnier than the show’s description. Boyce Watkins in the Huffington Post called the program “an insult to Black Parents Everywhere,” adding that “11 children with 10 women is like spraying your sex organs in every direction without thinking much about the target.” On the esteemed MyBrownBaby website,

Nick Chiles said the show impeded black America’s “upliftment,” predicting that “anthropologists will one day point to Shawty Lo (aka Carlos Walker) and ‘All My Babies’ Mamas’ as the cultural nadir of America, the moment when we ceased to have a functioning moral compass….” Black radio host Morris O’Kelly issued a statement that “As a respected African-American media professional I can not [sic] in good conscience allow this program to move forward.”

And the Chicago Tribune‘s Clarence Page offered up an exasperated “Lincoln freed us for this?”

As a strong, young, black, urban, empowered female George Soros fistpuppet on change.org, a certain Shericka Johnson
https://www.change.org/petitions/sha...spring-of-2013
wrote a petition that included the following passages:

We do not need another reality show that shows our people in a bad light. Our community needs to stop watching this nonsense and boycott these companies that are owned by white folks….This is not a hate petition against Shawty Lo and his “baby momma’s”. We simply will not support ignorance in any way, shape or form.

Speaking of “ignorance,” Ms. Johnson’s petition ignores the fact that without the behavior of Shawty and his Mamas, those “white folks” wouldn’t be able to show them in a “bad light.”

Another change.org petition, this one by yet another outraged-by-reality black woman named Sabrina Lamb,
http://www.change.org/petitions/oxyg...thers-and-dads

starts off with the all-caps injunction “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” Sadly, Ms. Lamb seems to mean there are too many TV shows like this rather than pondering the idea that Shawty Lo has too many children with too many women. She calls the program a “ministrel [sic] show” that “exploits and stereotypes Black children and families.”

It’s worth noting that several current reality-TV shows depict white people as something far less than paragons of virtue and restraint.

There’s the disturbingly popular Here Comes Honey Boo Boo—filmed, like All My Babies’ Mamas, in Georgia—which appears to exist merely to mock a dysgenic clan of mayonnaise-chugging lard-bottomed rural tards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0l2Jl6eRXM

There’s the unacceptably successful Jersey Shore, which recently completed a six-year run depicting East Coast Italian Americans acting like, well, East Coast Italian Americans.

Jersey Shore’s time slot was recently filled by Buck Wild, featuring a posse of unhinged and dissolute West Virginia youths.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmt3PEwPyI

Former West Virginia Governor and current US Senator Joe Manchin sent a letter to MTV in protest of Buck Wild’s alleged disparagement of Appalachian culture, but it didn’t prevent the network from launching the show last Thursday.

Apparently the media’s Powers That Be aren’t swayed by white people and their silly little anti-defamation campaigns.

And although there are other reality shows that deal with prodigious white breeders—among them Jon & Kate Plus 8, 19 Kids and Counting, and even the snow-white polygamist Utahns in Sister Wives—none of these programs seemed to strike nearly the same nerve as All My Babies’ Mamas, especially since the show hasn’t even aired yet and may forever remain stillborn.

Part of this may be due to the fact that these variants on All My White Children represent a relative cultural rarity—white women produce fewer children per capita than black women, and while only a quarter or so of white babies are born out of wedlock, the black quotient hovers somewhere around 70%. While some might attribute the latter statistic to the unpleasant legacy of slavery and Jim Crow, this doesn’t explain why the black illegitimacy rate was only around 22% in 1960. But one must never question whether the Civil Rights movements of the 1960s and the ensuing perpetual welfare state may have played a role in destroying black familial solidarity.

It’s hard to argue that All My Babies’ Mamas constitutes stereotyping since it shows actual people rather than fictional caricatures.

Yet while watching snippets from the show’s trailer, it occurred to me that these hyper-fertile real-life modern-day ghetto pigs are far more degraded and enjoy far less “upliftment” than such self-consciously shuffling black stereotypes of bygone eras such as Stepin Fetchit, Mantan Moreland, and Uncle Remus. No one needs to defame these characters because they defame themselves.

So it appears that the outrage has little to do with the show being unrealistic and everything to do with it being far too realistic.

And therefore it must never see the light of day, lest people get the wrong idea—in other words, the right idea.
http://takimag.com/article/here_come...#axzz2Hc3saRLI

Old January 11th, 2013 #2
M. Gerard

The kids in Jon and Kate have an Asian father. They are half-breeds.

Neither the mother, the father nor Alana in Honey Boo Boo appear to be retards. That's what is disturbing. They just act like retards. Alana could probably be plunked in any school in the country and get along fine. Neither do they chug mayonnaise on this show. (Though if they did, there would be nothing wrong with that. Mayo is eggs and vinegar.) I have only seen a few of these shows, but in one of them the mother had a hatred and phobia of mayonnaise. The little girl dumped out a huge jar of mayo into a bowl to torment her mother. I turned off in the middle. It was so stupid. But, I have a feeling the show biz people cooked up the mayo plot, because they have some kind of mayo hang up.

The mother in Honey Boo is shacking up with Alana's dad and she is sometimes niggerish in her voice and words.

These shows, once they make it to the living room, make retardation and niggers and degeneracy normal and lovable and acceptable.

Old January 11th, 2013 #3
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
But, I have a feeling the show biz people cooked up the mayo plot, because they have some kind of mayo hang up.
I saw jew Martin Mull on Letterman do a riff on Whites loving mayonnaise nearly 30 years ago, mockingly comparing them to sophisticated, diverse non-mayo lovers like mexcrement & kikes.

Mayo, and of course, white bread: 2 of the media kikes' most threadbare jabs at their genetic superiors.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 11th, 2013 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Is Martin Mull tribe?

Old January 11th, 2013 #5
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Is Martin Mull tribe?
I've read several times that he his. He doesn't look it, though.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 12th, 2013 #6
White Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I saw jew Martin Mull on Letterman do a riff on Whites loving mayonnaise nearly 30 years ago, mockingly comparing them to sophisticated, diverse non-mayo lovers like mexcrement & kikes.

Mayo, and of course, white bread: 2 of the media kikes' most threadbare jabs at their genetic superiors.

Ah,yes....that was a small part of Mull's totally racist series of HBO comedy specials of the '80s,The History of White People

Considering what a relentlessly,persistently,repulsively smug,smartass,know-it-all fuckwad he's always been throughout his career in mocking both Whites and the Ohio small town America of early post-WW II that he grew up in in , it hardly matters whether he's jew or a classic self-loathing/righteous White Lefty; he's always had the characteristics of both in equal measure.

Last edited by White Winger; January 12th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Old January 13th, 2013 #7
The Bobster
Banned

Quote:
The kids in Jon and Kate have an Asian father. They are half-breeds.
No, they have a half-gook father, yet they still look like Mongoloids.

Old January 24th, 2013 #8
M. Gerard

The other day Uncle Poodle, who is gay, came to visit the family.

The seven year old Honey Boo Boo said "Ain't nothing wrong with being a little gay. Everyone is a little gay." Brainwashed to the gay agenda at age seven.

The funny thing is Uncle Poodle, who would never have told his Southern family he was gay a couple of decades ago, described the family as dysfunctional rednecks, and spilled the family secrets: one of them has bugs, one of them is always picking her butt, one of them farts all the time, and I forget what else. Like gay isn't dysfunctional. He fits right in.

This little girl has turned into a loud mouthed brat over the months of filming.

The show biz people want to show her either talking about "biscuits" (vaginas), playing around with globs of messy food, or talking about poop. Lately they have sneaked in a few shots of the kid with her legs apart, showing her underpants. (They wouldn't do that to her if she was Jewish.)

Also gay, getting the whole family into costumes. What family goes out all together on Halloween, teen age girls, a seven year old and Mama and Sugar Bear (Dad)? What parents would even want their teen age girls going out trick or treating?

Thanksgiving dinner turns into a food fight. The little girl says Grace, first- "Have a good Thanksgiving, Amen". This is making a mockery of American holidays.

I think this show is very cooked up with phony activities almost every week and the family just goes along. They are also learning as the months go by to give the TV crew what they want - a lot of talk about ass-cracks, raunchy biscuits, and of course, poop.

In a way, it is like Beavis and Butthead, which was funny, but then that was only a cartoon. A step on the way down.

Old October 15th, 2014 #9
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Pictured: Honey Boo Boo star Uncle Poodle in mug shot after 'vandalising his ex-boyfriend's car'... faces trespassing charge

Old October 24th, 2014 #10
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo reality show's future in doubt after Mama June starts 'dating' convicted child sex offender who 'molested her relative'

Quote:
  • Mama June is 'dating' a man convicted of molesting a child she knows
  • Here Comes Honey Boo Boo star reportedly was romantically linked with Mark McDaniel when he was arrested and has rekindled relationship
  • McDaniel was jailed for 10 years in 2004 for aggravated child molestation
  • TLC tell MailOnline it is 'reassessing the future' of the series
  • Mama June split from long-term partner Sugar Bear just last month

Thread