Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 5th, 2023 #1
Serbian

Default Playing the character of an 'evil German'

Guy Larose better known by his ring name of Hans Schmidt, was a Canadian professional wrestler famous in the 1950s and 1960s.
Larose used a background in amateur wrestling to break into the pro business after World War II, wrestling as a babyface under his own name with modest success early on.

Then in 1951 the Boston-area promoter Paul Bowser, who thought the tall, naturally balding Franco-Québécois looked like a German, renamed him Hans Schmidt. Playing the character of an 'evil German', Schmidt became one of the first great heels of televised wrestling in the 1950s, drawing the hatred of fans as he battled their American babyface heroes of the squared circle.
Schmidt wrestled Lou Thesz several times for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, and faced many other legends of the era such as Verne Gagne, Antonino Rocca and Whipper Billy Watson.

Guy Larose spent his retirement years in the Laurentians north of Montreal until his death on May 26, 2012.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old June 5th, 2023 #2
Ray Allan

The 'evil Germans' I remember were twins 'Karl and Kurt von Brauner' from San Francisco Big Time Wrestling in the early 1970s. Portrayed by at least 3 different men over the years, their first manager shown in the picture was 'Saul Weingeroff' and later 'Gerhardt Kaiser' who wore an SA-type Brownshirt uniform with a German steel helmet. Upon entering the ring, the trio would goose-step, do the Roman salute and always demanded to be paid in Deutschmarks, not US dollars. Can you imagine characters like this in pro wrestling today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Brauners

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old June 5th, 2023 #3
Serbian

Didn't Vince McMahon sell his WWE to the jews recently?

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old June 5th, 2023 #4
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Didn't Vince McMahon sell his WWE to the jews recently?
I don't know, I don't watch WWE anymore. Too many obnoxious niggers, woke bullshit and green nigger worshipping all over the place. Woke Wrestling Entertainment. Their ridiculous over-hyping of boring Samoan mudskin Roman Reigns who is neither funny or entertaining finally turned me off. Impact Wrestling and Women of Wrestling (WOW) are a lot better and funnier.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old June 5th, 2023 #5
bedford

When I saw the thread title I thought it was about actors who have played evil Germans in WW2 films. I am sure one could compile a long list of them. Ralph Fiennes is one from Schindler's List. Then there were the jews who payed the comic Germans in Hogan's Heroes, Werner Klemperer and John Banner.

Thread