VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 26th, 2017 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Security Warnings Etec.

Security warnings pop up today on VNN. I don't know where this comes from. I've contacted Varg, waiting on his response.

I simply don't have time or interest at this point to do more than pay the bills for this forum. I appreciate those who donate.

I need some extra technical/admin help if you want to keep this forum in decent form.

My focus is going to be on doing audiobooks, I simply am not going to administer this forum from day to day. Perhaps I will again in the future, but not now.

I had hoped someone would step forward who could use this forum to develop it further, someone I could trust to make an admin, but that has not happened. I'm don't want to push it on anyone because nothing comes from that.

There it is. I don't know what to tell you.

Too many garbage people out there in this for selfish reasons, zero accountability, zero trust.

Social media have eclipsed private forums at this point, for the news.

Email me at [email protected]. I will consider anything promising. It all starts with basic trust and loyalty.

Old January 26th, 2017 #2
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

I got the same warnings in Firefox. All it takes is some antifa faggots taking a few seconds to send in false reports.

Old January 26th, 2017 #3
varg

This was because Google recently decided to mark all sites that have a login page without using HTTPS as potentially insecure sites.

I had received this warning in my mailbox though didn't see it or know that it would take effect today:

Because we have a forum that requires users to login with a username and password and we didn't have HTTPS enabled, google decided to mark us as a bad site.

A lot of sites haven't switched over to HTTPS. Typically you would have it enabled on banking sites or sites where you make purchases, but I guess google is getting more strict about it.

I have enabled HTTPS for all pages on VNNF now, and submitted the case for review/approval by google to get rid of this warning alert.

Other browsers like Firefox would have been blocking it as well because they rely on Google's 'safe browsing' service as well.

Once this gets marked as resolved, the alert should go away.

Old January 26th, 2017 #4
notmenomore

Thumbs up

Thanks for the good info!

Old January 26th, 2017 #5
varg

You'll also notice it now has the lock icon next to our URL like you've probably seen when you browse to banking and shopping sites.

I have to wait on Jewgle to clear up the "deceptive site ahead" warning in the Chrome browser.

Old January 26th, 2017 #6
Ray Allan

I was getting similar warnings whenever I tried to access rt.com. After all, that's a Russian propaganda site.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old January 27th, 2017 #7
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
You'll also notice it now has the lock icon next to our URL like you've probably seen when you browse to banking and shopping sites.

I have to wait on Jewgle to clear up the "deceptive site ahead" warning in the Chrome browser.
Even with this done the Jewgle is still interfering. (Also on Mozilla browser.)

Thanks for your work on this!!

Thread