VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 5th, 2013 #21
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
Would you suggest high-fructose corn syrup laden soda instead?

I drink about 6-8 cans of diet soda a day in addition to about a half-gallon of unsweetened iced orange pekoe tea.

If I switched off of diet sodas and started drinking regular sodas, that would add an additional 1500-2000 calories a day to my intake.

No thanks, I'm fat enough already.
What are we going to do with you, Steve? Why can't you be more like your brother?

Assuming that you actually have a brother, that is.

Old January 5th, 2013 #22
M.N. Dalvez

I'm guessing it went a lot like this:

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; January 5th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old January 5th, 2013 #23
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
What are we going to do with you, Steve? Why can't you be more like your brother?

Assuming that you actually have a brother, that is.
You know I'm an only child, don't you?

Old January 5th, 2013 #24
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
I'm guessing it went a lot like this:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsK9fuO2a8"]
More like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfCRaNg5EU

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; January 5th, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Old January 5th, 2013 #25
fossilator

This is a really bad thread. It's almost embarrassing to read. Akins, you ought to nuke it.

It's a pretty good testament as to these drugs, though. Most of America is taking this shit, even infants. People way overrate happiness and have been led to believe that it is a fundamental right, and if it doesn't occur naturally, meds will provide it. BS!!! Most folks I've known on anti-depressants get lethargic, uncreative, apathetic and even nutty without knowing it. They also "flip" mood-wise through the course of a day like some tiny manic machine is churning in their brains.

There was a time people were too busy planting crops, cutting firewood, lugging water, hunting game and doing hundreds of other grueling chores just to stay alive, and they did it without little blue pills. They didn't have time to think about if they were depressed. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Lots of truth to that.

Get off your ass and DO something. Quite thinking about yourself so much and put your energy into your kids.

Bitchy assertive women didn't do this to you, you did this to you. If I'd been behind that glass and some freak threw a can of soda toward me and threatened violence, he'd have my six gun in his face before he could say "boo". Now THAT is being a real bitch.

Old January 5th, 2013 #26
M.N. Dalvez

In all seriousness, though, the only way to kill depression is to find out what's so wrong with your life and do something about it. Or, now you're on that poison, you'll be on that merry-go-round for the rest of your life.

Old January 5th, 2013 #27
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
In all seriousness, though, the only way to kill depression is to find out what's so wrong with your life and do something about it. Or, now you're on that poison, you'll be on that merry-go-round for the rest of your life.
It's mostly financial - always has been.

People who think that money doesn't buy happiness just don't know how to spend it.

Last year I gave up women and cigarettes.

This year it will be SSRIs.

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; January 5th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Old January 5th, 2013 #28
M.N. Dalvez

People who say money isn't important have enough to not have to worry about it. You can't write another plagiarised book on indigenous European religion and make a tonne that way? I thought any nit-wit could cobble together a book broadly about 'paganism' and make money nowadays.

Old January 5th, 2013 #29
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
People who say money isn't important have enough to not have to worry about it. You can't write another plagiarised book on indigenous European religion and make a tonne that way? I thought any nit-wit could cobble together a book broadly about 'paganism' and make money nowadays.
I guess you can as long as you are promoting the Jewish agenda of liberalism and social diversity, like in all those books put out by Carl Weschcke's publishing company.

Old January 5th, 2013 #30
Bev
drinking tea

.....and people get on my case when I state I'm anti-anti-depressant. This thread right here is a perfect example of why I state that anti-depressants aka STFU drugs are vastly over-prescribed and prescribed for the wrong reasons. You don't need a tablet to cope with the fact that life is shit. You need to pick yourself up and find a way round whatever it is is that makes you pissed off at the world. I know there's not much any of us can do about the state of our respective countries, or we'd have done it, but you can certainly improve your personal circumstances and make your own little corner of the world and your existence in it the best it can possibly be.

SLA, what I would do in your position right now is ride it out. Detox as well to help get rid of the shit from your system. I don't know what withdrawals are like, admittedly, but anything has got to be better than getting yourself almost lifted because you were relying on a doctor signing a prescription and he didn't. Why let someone else have that much power over you for something which you admit is really just what I call "medicalised shit happens"?

Have you ever tried the likes of St John's Wort or Bach Rescue Remedies? I've heard good reports about SJW and seeing as it doesn't play nicely with other drugs, now is the perfect time to look into it since your system is clearing. I'm a great believer in homeopathy. (and before anyone starts claiming it's hocus pocus, ever took an aspirin? Heard of digitalis? Thought so.)

Old January 5th, 2013 #31
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
.....and people get on my case when I state I'm anti-anti-depressant. This thread right here is a perfect example of why I state that anti-depressants aka STFU drugs are vastly over-prescribed and prescribed for the wrong reasons. You don't need a tablet to cope with the fact that life is shit. You need to pick yourself up and find a way round whatever it is is that makes you pissed off at the world. I know there's not much any of us can do about the state of our respective countries, or we'd have done it, but you can certainly improve your personal circumstances and make your own little corner of the world and your existence in it the best it can possibly be.

SLA, what I would do in your position right now is ride it out. Detox as well to help get rid of the shit from your system. I don't know what withdrawals are like, admittedly, but anything has got to be better than getting yourself almost lifted because you were relying on a doctor signing a prescription and he didn't. Why let someone else have that much power over you for something which you admit is really just what I call "medicalised shit happens"?

Have you ever tried the likes of St John's Wort or Bach Rescue Remedies? I've heard good reports about SJW and seeing as it doesn't play nicely with other drugs, now is the perfect time to look into it since your system is clearing. I'm a great believer in homeopathy. (and before anyone starts claiming it's hocus pocus, ever took an aspirin? Heard of digitalis? Thought so.)
The herbal capsules aren't happy pills either. St. John's Wort, and all that never had any noticeable effects for me. None of the dozen or so anti-depressants were effective as happy pills either.

Basically for most of us life is less satisfying than we want it to be. Maybe those of us who aren't happy idiots have too high expectations out of life; but the fact is, people get depressed because things aren't the way we want them to be and we all have to wake up each day and face the reality of that.

Old January 5th, 2013 #32
Solskeniskyn

Quote:

Good post. Though one should be careful with adding in other compounds, even if they are 'natural'. Like you said, SJW doesn't play nicely with other drugs, and could cause serotonin syndrome and quite serious health dangers even on its own.

Old January 5th, 2013 #33
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Aspartame, also marketed as Nutrasweet, Spoonful, Canderel and Equal as well as being a common additive in many foods and drinks (sometimes shown as the E number E951). Aspartame acts as a sugar replacement.
The EPA announced that there is an epidemic of Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus and they did not know what toxin was causing this to be rampant across the US. Scientists have now found the answer to this question - Aspartame.

ASPARTAME. In temperatures exceeding 86 degrees F. the wood alcohol in Aspartame converts to Formaldehyde, and then to Formic Acid. Patients with methanol toxicity caused by drinking 3-4 Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi per day, have been caused to have MS or Systemic Lupus symptoms. In Systemic Lupus and MS case triggers by Aspartame, the victim is unaware that Aspartame is the culprit but continued use, in the case of Lupus, can be life threatening. On stopping Aspartame these patients usually lose all or most of their symptoms. Unfortunately the disease cannot be reversed.

Symptoms of Aspartame Disease are: Fibromylagia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, cramps, vertigo, numbness in the legs, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, blindness and memory loss. Formaldehyde is classed with chemicals like Arsenic and Cyanide  DEADLY POISONS!
Kills as surely as the other two, only slower and causes all kinds of neurological problems. It changes the brain s chemistry and is a reason for severe seizures. According to the College of Physicians, the Phenylalanine in Aspartame depletes Serotonin, and causes manic depression, panic attacks, rage and violence.

Aspartame is especially deadly for Diabetics, as it makes the food sugar level go out of control causing patients to suffer severe memory loss, coma and death. The memory loss is due to the fact that Aspartic Acid and Phenylalanine are neurotoxic without the other amino acids found in protein. Thus it goes past the blood brain barrier and deteriorates the neurons of the brain. Dr Russell Blaylock, neurosurgeon, said The ingredients stimulate the neurons of the brain to death, causing brain damage of varying degrees . Aspartame disease is rampant in the US, and most probably in 90 other countries (Including the UK and most of Europe) where over 5000 products containing Aspartame are sold. Aspartame Disease could also be to blame for Gulf War Syndrome. Several thousand pallets of diet drinks were stored and consumed in the heat of 120 degrees F (remember the heat liberates the methanol at 86 degrees F) Most Gulf War Syndrome symptoms are identical to Aspartame Poisoning. Dr. H. J. Roberts, world expert on Aspartame poisoning, says it also escalates Alzheimer s
http://www.earthways.co.uk/aspartame.html

Plenty of hits for "aspartame causes depression".

Old January 5th, 2013 #34
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
The herbal capsules aren't happy pills either. St. John's Wort, and all that never had any noticeable effects for me. None of the dozen or so anti-depressants were effective as happy pills either.

Basically for most of us life is less satisfying than we want it to be. Maybe those of us who aren't happy idiots have too high expectations out of life; but the fact is, people get depressed because things aren't the way we want them to be and we all have to wake up each day and face the reality of that.
Ah - didn't know you'd tried them. I've heard good reports about them but never tried them myself. I know they're not "happy pills" as such, but I know a lot of people have found themselves more balanced. I've used Rescue Remedy successfully in a firework-phobic puppy so I know it works and I have it in my head that they make other remedies for those with serotonin problems.

I think you're right in what you say with your last paragraph, but we all have life and reality to face and many cope. I don't know why some do and some don't. I don't think anyone can claim their life is perfect in every way but some people just seem able to accept what they have and make the most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Good post. Though one should be careful with adding in other compounds, even if they are 'natural'. Like you said, SJW doesn't play nicely with other drugs, and could cause serotonin syndrome and quite serious health dangers even on its own.
Can it? I don't know too much about it - I just know that if you take it with other drugs, your liver can have trouble metabolizing them both, if I understand it correctly. I didn't know it could cause other problems.

Old January 5th, 2013 #35
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
http://www.earthways.co.uk/aspartame.html

Plenty of hits for "aspartame causes depression".
Or do depressed people tend to be the ones who drink diet sodas?

I am skeptical of health studies, not that I think asparthame is good for anyone; but it is a trade off. Either get fatter drinking regular sodas, or give up one more thing in your life by substituting it for something you don't like (plain, flavorless, water).

I actually drank nothing but water for a few years. I've even been a vegetarian.

The fact is, making personal lifestyle changes won't decrease the shittiness of the external world around you.

Old January 5th, 2013 #36
Fred
Commie Killer

For healthy people depression is a normal human emotion. In life most people will have depression sometimes. It usually means that you need to do something to change your situation.

When we look at the all the information we have coming to us and the prospects for our future it is hard not to be depressed.

When you see all that is good being perverted and dismantled and when wrong is right and so on it is normal to be depressed.

Overall our people are good. We are not the ones who are fucked up. It is the Jewification of our nations, lands, and people that is fucked up.

Unless you are truly mentally ill, I think that using drugs to make you feel happy is wrong.

Steve, maybe getting a job would make you feel better?

Old January 5th, 2013 #37
fossilator

Bev has good advise, Akins. But meanwhile:

Quote:
"At that point I feel my right arm, which was holding a half-full can of diet Dr. Pepper, rear back and throw the can as hard as I could in the direction of Miss Bitch's head, which missed and hit the back wall of the office as I yelled at her that I would come through that glass window and fucking kill her if she didn't do something to get me my meds."
That sounds bad. Bragging about threatening to kill someone and doing something violent, potentially lethal and irrational should be verboten here with no exceptions. So, what if it HAD hit her head? What do you suppose went through her mind at the time? Unless she's used to such antics from niggers, she was probably pretty stunned.

What makes you think you are owed happiness, anyway? It's overrated. It's contentment you should look for. You might find it if you went to sleep at night exhausted from a long day of hard work. You're whining. Most of us here are probably broker and less happy than we'd like to be.

Old January 5th, 2013 #38
H.B.

Quote:
This subhuman is actually correct.

Through tens of thousands of years, humans lived in harsh environments which regularly pushed our physical and often mental limitations. You never had time to get depressed because you had too much going on. You had to be constantly "firing on all cylinders." If you slowed down, you died.

In our modern world, we have a much kinder, softer, gentler existence. It is this existence which gives rise and a whole host of mental and physical maladies which normally accompany an idle lifestyle - obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, many types of cancer, heart disease, depression, anxiety, etc.

In response, we have a gigantic parasitic medical-pharmaceutical cartel which preys on those who allow themselves to physically and mentally degenerate. The best return for the stockholders is created by treating the symptoms rather than the cure because this produces a steady revenue stream.

The best return for us individuals is to get ourselves mentally and physically fit so we are never dependent upon them.

Old January 5th, 2013 #39
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Or do depressed people tend to be the ones who drink diet sodas?

I am skeptical of health studies, not that I think asparthame is good for anyone; but it is a trade off. Either get fatter drinking regular sodas, or give up one more thing in your life by substituting it for something you don't like (plain, flavorless, water).

I actually drank nothing but water for a few years. I've even been a vegetarian.

The fact is, making personal lifestyle changes won't decrease the shittiness of the external world around you.
No, nothing can change the world around you, but you keep trying different tablets in an effort to do just that. Personal lifestyle changes improve your lot just that little bit more, surely?

Why do you have to drink water? You could drink tea or coffee. You could drink - I don't know what you call it but it's a fruit concentrate that you dilute with water - squash. Pure fruit juice - there's hundreds of alternatives to chemicals. I don't really drink soda or diet soda but once in a blue moon I drink three or four energy drinks in a cuople of days and although they do the job, I feel like shit afterwards. Cramps, headaches, bad mood - you name it. I question what they do to people long term - same with E-numbers. Since I was a kid I've reacted badly to a certain E number found in red sweets and ketchups - they make me hyperactive and mouthy and if I were a kid today, I'd be on ADHD drugs and zombied out for the teachers' convenience. I'm convinced many people with depression/ADHD/migraines etc just need to make dietary and lifestyle changes.

Old January 5th, 2013 #40
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B. View Post
This subhuman is actually correct.
LOL. I think the Aussie M.N. Dalvez might regret spinning off the not so popular spick(?) N.M. Dalvez's name when choosing his username.

Tags
bullshit thread

Thread