Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 27th, 2009 #341
N.B. Forrest

Singing is a gift - you either can, or you can't. They don't even have to train to be able to belt out most styles of popular music (witness all the successful teen twits on Amurrican Idol). So singers are the least of musicians, but ironically, they get the vast majority of the wealth & fame, due to the fact that any boob with ears can tell whether or not a person can sing, but very few know the difference between great instrumentalists and flashy shit ones. Plus, the boobs like to fantasize that they too could just grab a mic and make a million: they know becoming a great player would involve far too much work.

Last edited by N.B. Forrest; June 27th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

Old June 27th, 2009 #342
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Singing is a gift - you either can, or you can't. They don't even have to train to be able to belt out most styles of popular music (witness all the successful teen twits on Amurrican Idol). So singers are the least of musicians, but ironically, they get the vast majority of the wealth & fame, due to the fact that any boob with ears can tell whether or not a person can sing, but very few know the difference between great instrumentalists and flashy shit ones.
True, but great instrumentation - you can get that from a sausage making machine or a player piano. I want a big piece of something I don't know about. What's it like to be a fat ugly girl from jerkwater Texas? Janis Joplin sings it. Can't get that from a machine. I want someone to show me another side, or even aspect, another speed, another element - something I can't find on my own. Like in a book, I want someone to explain why people act the way they do, and sure don't get that from psychology, I want someone who knows to let me know, and entertain me while you're teaching. If it were all about technical perfection, music has never been better. It's not.

Old June 27th, 2009 #343
Alex Linder
Administrator

I agree with E. Michael Jones. People should write and perform their own music. It doesn't matter how lousy it is. Jones can't sing but his voice works, and his songs are good - the lyrics are funny, and he borrows the melodies. His CD actually works on long drives, as it has more songs than most CDs, and all the selections are at least listenable.

Old June 27th, 2009 #344
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
True, but great instrumentation - you can get that from a sausage making machine or a player piano. I want a big piece of something I don't know about. What's it like to be a fat ugly girl from jerkwater Texas? Janis Joplin sings it. Can't get that from a machine. I want someone to show me another side, or even aspect, another speed, another element - something I can't find on my own. Like in a book, I want someone to explain why people act the way they do, and sure don't get that from psychology, I want someone who knows to let me know, and entertain me while you're teaching. If it were all about technical perfection, music has never been better. It's not.
Truly great instrumentalists use their facility as a means to the end of moving the listener as well as dazzling them: we're not talking about the equivalent of skilled typists here. Also, it takes years of hard work to master an instrument. To me that entitles those masters to a far more respect than even the finest singer - and I love great singers.

Old June 27th, 2009 #345
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Truly great instrumentalists use their facility as a means to the end of moving the listener as well as dazzling them: we're not talking about the equivalent of skilled typists here. Also, it takes years of hard work to master an instrument. To me that entitles those masters to a far more respect than even the finest singer - and I love great singers.
That may be, but I think guitar work is easier to appreciate if you've played guitar. I was in college, and heard people enthusing over Yngwie Malmsteen. I listened, and you can tell it would take great ability to finger that well, but I really don't get any emotion from it. Maybe some do. I can appreciate intellectually that a skill was acquired at great expense, but appreciating that is more of a technical matter. I want someone who can move me out of ordinary circuits to where I can make new associations - Guns 'n' Roses can do that, as can other groups. It's an interesting thing, I tried it one time, driving back from Knoxville actually, listening to tapes, writing down any new ideas I had as well as the song I was listening to. I think that area might bear fruit, I've never seen anyone do that rigorously. Music can help you feel associations before you can prove them. It's also great for teaching style, even in writing. You feel how someone prepares material, and think how you'd try to convey it yourself. People are infinitely fecund, any good artist has something new to teach, some effective way.

Old June 27th, 2009 #346
Alex Linder
Administrator

There is a hell of a lot more to be said for intuition and imagination than logic. The former are pioneers. The latter is a scrub who moves in after the territory has been opened up, maybe you call that a settler.

Old June 27th, 2009 #347
cillian

Quote:
That may be, but I think guitar work is easier to appreciate if you've played guitar. I was in college, and heard people enthusing over Yngwie Malmsteen.
Wank fest, you can tell how pleased he is with himself, does nothing for me. It's just scales and it sounds more like an exercise than a song.
This guy manages to combine the highest level of playing ability with actual songs.

Old June 27th, 2009 #348
Dan Allan

Some of Yngwie's stuff is fantastic, and some just mundane. Doesn't get much better than I Am A Viking. He's definitely got his own sound though, you know right away that it's him playing, which can't be said of every super shredder.

Old June 27th, 2009 #349
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Many people can sing on key, but very few can produce the effortless power of a Frank Sinatra or the well-like resonance of a Johnny Cash.
Sinatra always sounded like he was singing off key to me.

Old June 27th, 2009 #350
N.B. Forrest

Malmsteen is a great technician and a stylistic innovator, but he's low on emotion. For me, that all out, all the time stuff gets tiring after about half an hour.

My opinion on Batio is remarkable dexterity, nothing else.

Scotty Anderson & Bob Saxton:

Old June 27th, 2009 #351
N.B. Forrest

Tuck Andress - nigger-lover & genius:

Old June 27th, 2009 #352
cillian

Quote:
Tuck Andress - nigger-lover & genius:

YouTube - Tuck Andress Europa
As good as he is, he sounds like he is trying to play above his level of ability the result is sloppy.

This guy has talent to spare.

Old June 27th, 2009 #353
jackumup

this band is grate! better than any nigger music i've ever heard

Who the fuck says israel has a right to exist

"Name the jew" -Bud White

Old June 27th, 2009 #354
varg

Ok this is getting a bit off topic.. If you want to post youtube clips of bands you like at least post it in one of the 'what are you listening to now' threads

Old June 28th, 2009 #355
Savannah14

Quote:
If respect is due, it is White to show respect - no matter the race of the individual in question.
Around age 13 I believe.....

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Ben

Old June 28th, 2009 #356
Joe_J.
Radio active

Wow. Interesting to read Alex try to defend the indefensible and insult someone working on creative things.

The "moonwalk"? Who cares if it is difficult or not. It was his marketing tool. I, personally, don't admire it, care about it, nor do I think it made Jackson a somebody.

Music? Well, that is always subjective. I would be surprised, though, to find that Jackson wrote any of it. He wrote some lyrics (simple ones), but I would be very suprised to find that he wrote melodies at all. The comparison between his song and Beethoven might very well be a strawman itself.

Jackson's voice wasn't even that distinctive as there have been other negro singers that sounded just like him.

You are backing a losing horse here, Alex. If not giving him credit makes me a loser in your book then so be it. Record industry jews can prop up, promote, and make "successes" out of anyone and Jackson/Jackson Five were no exception. I would bet that there are street negro kids that have figured out their own dance moves that may top the moonwalk and some that may "sing" better than he did. No jew promotion means that they are nobodies out there. That's what made Jackson-jew recording industry execs. That is what makes the music industry such a joke. Many youth think they are rebellious over the years with certain music styles, but those styles are what the jews were pushing at a given time.

Hippy stuff in the 60s-full of kikes
Punk in the late 70s/80s-kikes
c'Rap-features some jew acts.

Common denominator? Promotion, marketing, playola by jew record moguls. Jackson was no exception to this at all.

Old June 28th, 2009 #357
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_J. View Post
Wow. Interesting to read Alex try to defend the indefensible and insult someone working on creative things.
VNN - Fair and Balanced.

Alex Linder - He reports, you decide.

Old June 28th, 2009 #358
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Even Michael Jackson’s legendary wealth was in sharp decline. Just a few days before he announced his 50-concert comeback at the O2 Arena, one of my sources told me Jackson had been offered £1.8million to perform at a party for a Russian billionaire on the Black Sea.
‘Is he up to it?’ I had asked.
‘He has no choice. He needs the money. His people are pushing him hard,’ said the source.
Could he even stand on a stage for an hour concert?
‘He can stand. The treatments have been successful. He can even dance once he gets in better shape. He just can’t sing,’ said the aide, adding that Jackson would have to lip-synch to get through the performance. ‘Nobody will care, as long as he shows up and moonwalks.’ [Linder can verify that]
Long article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onths-ago.html

Old June 28th, 2009 #359
White Winger

[QUOTE=jackumup;1019241]this band is grate! better than any nigger music i've ever heard

not with song titles like that. Now if any of them are titled "The Night I Knocked Out Jamie Foxx/Denzel Washington/Kanye West/Dick Gregory/Muhammad Ali/Charles Barron/Al Sharpton,etc",or "The Night My White Gang Destroyed A Whole Gang of Nigger Muslims(We had to fight as a gang,because niggers never fight fair)", now you're talking.

Old June 28th, 2009 #360
Fissile
Banned

Irrespective of Jackson's dancing ability, or his flashy stage show, I never cared for his music. Yes, it was polished and well produced, but so what? A well cared for, and polished, 74 Pinto is still a 74 Pinto.

Real music works on a higher level than just getting your toe tapping. Jackson's music was intended to appeal to 16 year old girls, or people who operated spiritually/intellectually on a 16 year old girl level.

It's possible to find new, good pop music, but it won't come from MTV or commercial radio. Part of the reason is because the jews' media pushes its agenda, the other part is that really interesting music(art) doesn't appeal to the masses, and never has. The latter is true of all art; Joe Average will always go for the velvet Elvis over the Rembrandt.

Here's an underrated(practically unknown in the US) band from the 80's. They weren't good looking, they weren't virtuosos, but they were ORIGINAL. Original tunes and provocative lyrics full of literary, biblical and art references. Really very clever. An example of substance over style and almost no one noticed.

YouTube - The Pixies : Where Is My Mind (Reunion)

Last edited by Fissile; June 28th, 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Thread