VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 15th, 2017 #1
England V ZOG

Default Ivan Lewis MP steps down from homeless role after harassment claims

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....lewis-13908572

MP Ivan Lewis has announced he is stepping down from a key role tackling Manchester’s rough sleeping crisis after reports he is being investigated by the Labour party following a complaint of sexual harassment.

The Bury South MP, 50, said in a statement on Wednesday night that he was stepping down from his role helping Mayor Andy Burnham deal with homelessness in the city.

The MP later released a statement to the M.E.N confirming he had stepped away from his work with the mayor.

He said: “In view of recent press stories I feel it is right that for the time being I step down from my role as the Greater Manchester Mayors joint lead for Rough Sleeping and Homelessness. Nothing should be allowed to distract from the vital work which is necessary to deliver Andy Burnham’s excellent commitments on these vital issues.

“I’m very proud of the work I have done with the many excellent frontline organisations and people with lived experience of homelessness to help put in place a plan which I believe can ensure no one should have to sleep on the streets of Greater Manchester by 2020.

According to BuzzFeed, a Labour spokesman said: “The Labour party takes all allegations of sexual harassment extremely seriously and all complaints are investigated in line with our robust procedures. Ivan Lewis is currently under investigation following the receipt of a complaint.”

Earlier this month Mr Lewis said in a statement he was sorry if his behaviour towards women he worked with had made anyone feel ‘awkward’ but denied making any ‘non-consensual sexual comments or sexual advances’.

He said: “However, I understand that a few women have claimed that my behaviour made them feel uncomfortable. I have on occasion asked women I work with out for drinks or dinner, or developed strong feelings for them, and I am genuinely sorry if this was unwelcome or inappropriate in the circumstances, and caused anyone to feel awkward.”

It is understood that the former Foreign Office minister has not been suspended by the party and continues to take the Labour whip.
NIXON: "Oh boy. So do I. I can't ever say that but I do believe it"

Old November 16th, 2017 #2
England V ZOG

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/han...n-by-the-party

Six complainants still no suspension of party whip.

Old November 23rd, 2017 #3
England V ZOG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42098762

Finally suspended. No mention of the fact there are multiple accusers.

Old November 25th, 2017 #4
England V ZOG

A Tory minister has deleted a tweet suggesting Labour suspended an MP because he's a "Jewish Blairite".

Greg Hands backtracked after making the remark about Ivan Lewis, who Labour suspended today over sexual harassment claims.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...sting-11574878

Thread