VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 21st, 2009 #1
jimmy smith

Default Federal charge against Roanoke neo-Nazi Bill White dismissed on free speech grounds

Federal charge against Roanoke neo-Nazi Bill White dismissed on free speech grounds

By Laurence Hammack

A federal judge has dismissed a charge that neo-Nazi leader William A. White of Roanoke used his Web site to encourage violence.

In an opinion issued today in Chicago, U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman ruled that White’s actions were protected by the First Amendment.

White had been charged with posting the name, address and telephone number of the foreman of a Chicago jury that convicted a fellow white supremacist in 2004.

Although the post made no direct threats against the man, federal prosecutors had argued that White made the information known with the hope that it would encourage readers of his racist Web site, overthrow.com, to threaten or harm the juror.

White broke no laws in obtaining the juror’s personal information, Adelman wrote in a 35-page opinion, "and an intimidating context alone does not remove the protection of the First Amendment."

White’s attorney, Chris Shepherd of Chicago, said of the ruling: "The First Amendment is at its best when it protects unpopular speech. If the First Amendment only protected us from expressing opinions that everyone agrees with, it would become useless, because that type of speech needs no protection."

Federal prosecutors were not immediately available for comment.

White still faces additional charges in Roanoke of using his Web site to make threats against a half-dozen or so targets, including a civil rights attorney in Canada, a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist and a small-town mayor in New Jersey.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/212602

Also: http://whitereference.blogspot.com/2...ncitement.html

Old July 21st, 2009 #2
zzdiesel

This is good news. Let's hope Hal gets the same. Free speech does prevail.

Can't make anything out of a Nigger; except just another dumb Nigger!

Old July 21st, 2009 #3
Metal Warrior
Leaving a bruise

Heady stuff. The jewess judge must have choked when reading her decision.

Of course, White's not out of the woods yet.

Old July 21st, 2009 #4
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy smith View Post

White broke no laws in obtaining the juror’s personal information, Adelman wrote in a 35-page opinion, "and an intimidating context alone does not remove the protection of the First Amendment."

White’s attorney, Chris Shepherd of Chicago, said of the ruling: "The First Amendment is at its best when it protects unpopular speech. If the First Amendment only protected us from expressing opinions that everyone agrees with, it would become useless, because that type of speech needs no protection."
It took the jewess 35 pages of bs to figure out the charges against White were bogus and what was posted on his blog is clearly protected under the First Amendment?

White should never have been arrested in the first place.

Old July 21st, 2009 #5
OTPTT
Banned

While I'm not a fan of either White or Turner I'm glad to see the federal charge against White dismissed. I was thinking of Hal last night and hope he's well under the circumstances.

Old July 21st, 2009 #6
Karl Lueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
It took the jewess 35 pages of bs to figure out the charges against White were bogus and what was posted on his blog is clearly protected under the First Amendment?
Which means this case is just more reason for kikes to oy-vey as "proof"
that such protection needs to be revoked..

otherwise more goyim may use it..

Rambo, John J.

Old July 21st, 2009 #7
OTPTT
Banned

I wonder how the facts related to the free speech issue will play pertaining to the state charges.

Old July 21st, 2009 #8
Dan Allan

Quote:
It's too bad he couldn't just say, look, this guy did absolutely nothing wrong. No law of any kind was broken here. Instead he felt like he had to distance himself from White's so-called "unpopular" speech. Oh well, that's lawyerspeak for you.

Old July 21st, 2009 #9
cillian

He needs to sue them for the cost of defending himself, loss of wages, false arrest, violation of his civil rights and anything else he can think of.

Old July 21st, 2009 #10
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
He needs to sue them for the cost of defending himself, loss of wages, false arrest, violation of his civil rights and anything else he can think of.
White and Whites don't have 'civil rights.' White men have Inalienable Rights.

While I'm not a lawyer it appears that there may be a case for malicious prosecution.

Old July 21st, 2009 #11
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

White, and Turner also if his charges are likewise dropped, will be financially obliterated by legal fees and will most likely distance themselves from any WN affiliations. I wouldn't put it past either one of them to start making the rounds of schlock talk shows passing themselves off as "reformed racists" just to raise the cash needed to pay off their lawyers.

Even when the charges are dropped, it could be said that the jew has won.

Old July 21st, 2009 #12
Fred
Commie Killer

Quote:
This is great news!

I wonder if he can sue. It doesn't seem right that the people should be arrested for not breaking the law. Does anyone here know if he can sue?

Old July 21st, 2009 #13
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
White and Whites don't have 'civil rights.' White men have Inalienable Rights.

While I'm not a lawyer it appears that there may be a case for malicious prosecution.
Race, creed or color, while creed usually means religious belief it does not specifically mean religious belief, it means any set of beliefs or opinions. His arrest not only violated his first amendment rights to free speech and free press but also his 14th to hold a set of opinions.

He was specifically targeted for his opinion, and for the alleged opinion of his readers.

Last edited by cillian; July 21st, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Old July 21st, 2009 #14
Ex-Detroiter

That is terrific news!

Old July 21st, 2009 #15
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Race, creed or color, while creed usually means religious belief it does not specifically mean religious belief, it means any set of beliefs or opinions. His arrest not only violated his first amendment rights to free speech and free press but also his 14th to hold a set of opinions.

He was specifically targeted for his opinion, and for the alleged opinion of his readers.
My research leads me to the conclusion that White men had Rights (Inalienable) prior to both the Fourteenth Amendment and the establishment of organized governments.

Old July 21st, 2009 #16
cillian

Quote:
My research leads me to the conclusion that White men had Rights (Inalienable) prior to both the Fourteenth Amendment and the establishment of organized governments.
Well I don't disagree with that, I'm just talking about grounds for suing.

Old July 21st, 2009 #17
Hayden
Banned

Quote:
While I'm not a fan of either White or Turner I'm glad to see the federal charge against White dismissed. I was thinking of Hal last night and hope he's well under the circumstances.
Earl Turner? The guy crashed a plane loaded with a nuke into the Pentagon. What's not to like?

Old July 21st, 2009 #18
Malleus
Let them eat globaloney...

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Believe it or not, Adelman isn't a woman. That's actually a guy, and years back he ruled that Creativity was and is a legal, valid, bona fide religion and deserves the same legal protections as Scientology and Christianity.

http://www.rahowadirectory.com/Creat...seCourtDoc.pdf

Shocking, itz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
White should never have been arrested in the first place.
Agreed, but bear in mind there is a very strong political component to this arrest. The feds almost never drop charges, and yet they completely canceled the show here. It seems amazing until you consider that White was going to protest against Obongo's show there in Roanoke, so the feds moved quickly to squelch his display of free speech by arresting him on whatever baloney they could. The feds arrested first and then tried to let the rest of the legalese fall in behind them, and it didn't work in this case.

Bill White still has a trial in Roanoke coming up. We'll see if he dodges two bullets in a row.

Rising again soon...

Old July 21st, 2009 #19
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
The feds almost never drop charges, and yet they completely canceled the show here. It seems amazing until you consider that White was going to protest against Obongo's show there in Roanoke, so the feds moved quickly to squelch his display of free speech by arresting him on whatever baloney they could.
If memory serves me correct wasn't there some talk of him being arrested to give him street cred? This arrest and dismissal seems to fit that pattern although your theory above has legs too.

Old July 22nd, 2009 #20
Brian Stone
Supreme Allied Commander

After the incident where he basically encouraged that stupid guy to go out and accost Eli LIEsel in an elevator I came to the conclusion that White was either mentally unstable or working for one of our enemies (pick one).

It will be interesting to see what happens after this. If nothing else, the government has put a real crimp in his personal finances. Even if he gets out of this scot free, he will probably have to declare bankruptcy (if he hasn't already).

Assuming this isn't part of some convoluted plot to give him "street cred," ruining White financially may have been part of the government plan all along. They may have figured that he could probably "beat the rap, but he can't beat the ride," and in the end that is good enough.

-Brian

Do something positive for White Nationalism. Start your own business. Go to http://www.ThirtyDayChallenge.com for a basic primer.

Thread