VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 23rd, 2009 #1
Marty Macaluso

Default Chinese man ate last wild Indochinese tiger in China

Quote:
Man jailed for eating rare tiger

A Chinese man has been jailed for 12 years for killing and eating a rare Indochinese tiger.

Kang Wannian, a villager from the southern province of Yunnan, said he had encountered the tiger while out fishing, and killed it in self-defence.

The animal may have been China's only wild Indochinese tiger, which is on the brink of extinction.

Four other men were jailed for sharing the tiger meal and covering up the incident.

Endangered species

Kang was confronted by the tiger in February while gathering freshwater clams in a nature reserve near China's border with Laos.

He said he shot the animal after dark and claimed that, at the time, he did not know it was an endangered Indochinese tiger.

According to local media, Kang was sentenced to 10 years for killing a rare animal plus two years for illegal possession of firearms.

The court in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan province, also ordered him to pay a fine of 480,000 yuan ($70,000; £44,000).

Fewer than 1,800 Indochinese tigers are thought to be living in the wild, in the forests of Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Burma.

The only known wild Indochinese tiger in China was photographed in 2007 at the same reserve that Kang visited.

The tiger has not been seen since Kang's meal, and there is speculation that Kang could have eaten the last one.
I'm surprised tigers have held out this long with so many gooks in the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8426541.stm

Old December 23rd, 2009 #2
Chris Clafton

They should just eat each other. Find a dead body on the ground and plop it into the microwave. Add some watermelon on the side Tasty lunch special

Old December 23rd, 2009 #3
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

In his defense, if it was truly the last one in the wild, then it was doomed anyways. A species cannot survive if there is only one left. At least it was killed for food and not just fur.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old December 24th, 2009 #4
Mike Parker

I thought they just eat the penis.

Old December 24th, 2009 #5
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

They do. But, they have to kill the Tigers to get their consent

Thread