VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 5th, 2015 #21
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPowers View Post

Ever heard of the saying "Time flies when you're having fun".
Unless you're a frog. Then time is fun when you're having flies.

Old May 5th, 2015 #22
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
That when you're young, a day seems to last far longer than it does when you're not young anymore? I think it has to do with Linder's theory about music: You think it was better when you were younger because YOU were better when you were younger.

Tempus fugit, eh?
Music was better back in the day because everything is better after several beers. Few more beers and even that fat girl with the friendly smile looks better.

Old May 5th, 2015 #23
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Oh jeese, Donnie, I hate to tell you this, but you're reaching the age where you should probably start having annual prostate exams. For normal guys I usually recommend finding a gook urologist with really small hands, but I won't waste time dispensing that advice to man of your racial principles. I'm sure only the most ham-handed of krauts will satisfy your criteria.

Be sure to let us know how fast time flies during your initial exam.

Tempus digit rerum, eh?
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you're also going to need your first colonoscopy before long. If you're thinking about a White gastroenterologist, fuhgeddaboudit. If your town is anything like my town, they're ALL gooks.

Looking on the bright side, you will at least have the option of sedation for this procedure. For maximization of temporal compression, I recommend the Milk of Amnesia.

If they offer you music, I recommend Flight of the Valkyries as long as you are the only one who can hear it. Nothing can be more disruptive than an rhythmically animated gook with a proctoscope in his hands.

Last edited by Jimmy Marr; May 5th, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Old May 5th, 2015 #24
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you're also going to need your first colonoscopy before long. If you're thinking about a White gastroenterologist, fuhgeddaboudit. If your town is anything like my town, they're ALL gooks.
That ain't nuthin'. Around here they use lesbians. I highly recommend sedation. And negotiate a narcotic prescription before they start. You're gonna need it afterwards.

Poor ol' Donnie! If he had any idea what the "golden years" involve he would probably take up Russian Roulette as a hobby.

Old May 5th, 2015 #25
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
And negotiate a narcotic prescription before they start. You're gonna need it afterwards.
No way, man. We're talking about Donnie in Ohio here. If there's anything he's more anal about than race, it's opiate use.

Unless I miss my guess, this Marine is going to take the whole nine yards cold turkey (at least once).

Old May 5th, 2015 #26
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
No way, man. We're talking about Donnie in Ohio here. If there's anything he's more anal about than race, it's opiate use.

Unless I miss my guess, this Marine is going to take the whole nine yards cold turkey (at least once).
You are probably correct. Donnie of Ohio will take it like a man. Simper Fi all the way. Couple of well hopped craft brews afterwards and he will be good to go. Probably even write a review about it.

Old May 5th, 2015 #27
John Adams
Banned

Quote:
You are probably correct. Donnie of Ohio will take it like a man. Simper Fi all the way. Couple of well hopped craft brews afterwards and he will be good to go. Probably even write a review about it.
Please don't encourage him, we really don't need/want a review

Old May 5th, 2015 #28
EricPowers
Banned

Quote:
Oh jeese, Donnie, I hate to tell you this, but you're reaching the age where you should probably start having annual prostate exams. For normal guys I usually recommend finding a gook urologist with really small hands, but I won't waste time dispensing that advice to man of your racial principles. I'm sure only the most ham-handed of krauts will satisfy your criteria.

Be sure to let us know how fast time flies during your initial exam.

Tempus digit rerum, eh?
The Krauts are brutal but efficient!

Though I'm not sure I'd prefer a Kraut over a Gook if it came to prostate exam.

Old May 5th, 2015 #29
John Adams
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricPowers View Post
Ever heard of the saying "Time flies when you're having fun".
Not always, making whiskey is fun, but time goes slowly while you wait for the mash to finish fermenting.

Old May 5th, 2015 #30
EricPowers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Not always, making whiskey is fun, but time goes slowly while you wait for the mash to finish fermenting.
Not if you've got the right entertainment.

Old May 5th, 2015 #31
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, the decades go by quicker and quicker too. As a kid, the 80s took forever, the 90s went by a little faster, the 00s went by really fast, and we're already in the middle of the 10s. As the world becomes less and less fun to live in, some tend to block it out and just go about daily life, making it go by faster and then wondering where the time has gone.

Old May 5th, 2015 #32
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Please don't encourage him, we really don't need/want a review
It would be World Class. Donnie don't fuck around when it comes to reviews. He tells it like it is.

Old May 5th, 2015 #33
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
It would be World Class. Donnie don't fuck around when it comes to reviews. He tells it like it is.
If anyone can adequately review Milk of Amnesia it will undoubtedly be Donnie. It's a rare feat, even among the Irish.

Old May 6th, 2015 #34
Peer Fischer

Oh well. I can console myself for the indignities of aging by watching what's left of Western Civilization burn thanks to the muds and joodenbeest. Oh, and Mad Max: Fury Road, which will be more or less a documentary of the near future.

Old May 6th, 2015 #35
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

The wife is an RN. If anyone summits my own personal Mt. Suribachi, it's going to be her. For better or worse, right? I'm a Libertarian when it comes to drugs. Long as it doesn't effect me, it's none of my business what people drug themselves with.

Old May 7th, 2015 #36
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert999 View Post
That kind of waters down your insulting him doesn't it?
He deserves the light beer of insults.

Quote:
If the entire WN movement is kook-intensive he shouldn't be all that bothered with being called a "kook".
You're probably right. I'm pretty sure Pat is used to people calling him a Kook at this point.

Old May 7th, 2015 #37
Jimmy Marr

Hey, I woke up this morning thinking about Glenn Miller who called last night, and I realized that he is an exception to the rule described in the opening post. Every time I talk to him he seems to be having the best day of his life.

Old May 7th, 2015 #38
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Hey, I woke up this morning thinking about Glenn Miller who called last night, and I realized that he is an exception to the rule described in the opening post. Every time I talk to him he seems to be having the best day of his life.
My original post is about the diminishing quantity (or perception thereof) of time, not the quality of that time. Life is good, it just seems to be going faster than it used to.

No further comments from me on Miller. It is what it is.

Old May 7th, 2015 #39
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
My original post is about the diminishing quantity (or perception thereof) of time, not the quality of that time. Life is good, it just seems to be going faster than it used to.
Yeah, good point. Glenn's example supports your observation:

The serving of time is less burdensome to him at this point in his life than it would have been at an earlier stage.

Old May 11th, 2015 #40
keifer

Quote:
That when you're young, a day seems to last far longer than it does when you're not young anymore? I think it has to do with Linder's theory about music: You think it was better when you were younger because YOU were better when you were younger.

Tempus fugit, eh?
While coming of age in the early 1970's, Dark Side of the Moon was my first real introduction into something philosophical at least in terms as a distraction to public education where I was able to refine the chip on my shoulder to diamond like precision.. Historically few things have received more attention to thought than the concept of time.
"One day you find ten years have gotten behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."
I remember very clearly the first time I heard those words, and they have followed me for over 50 years just as clear now as then.

Thread