Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 20th, 2011 #1
Chip Farley

Chip Farley
Default Why is There so Much Voter Apathy in U.S. Elections?

One of the consistent themes underlying U.S. politics has been voter apathy – large numbers of eligible Americans boycott participating in elections.

According to official government data, between 1960 and 2008, the percentage of eligible voters who have bothered to cast their ballots during the presidential elections have ranged from about 49 percent to 63 percent. This means that as much as half of American voters don't care enough to decide which candidate would make a good chief executive.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2163...ible.htm?cid=2

Last edited by Chip Farley; September 20th, 2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Edit Title

Old September 20th, 2011 #2
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

MikeTodd

I see this as a good thing. Great empires are desroyed when they are ignored to death.

Last edited by MikeTodd; September 20th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Old September 20th, 2011 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Mike in Denver

Post made by me in August, 2010.
---

Voting is a complete joke. It probably always was. I voted in every election that a good citizen might think important from 1966 (State governor and congressional elections) to the presidential elections of 2004. I decided to never vote again, and I have not.

I almost relented in 2008 to vote for Ralph Nader. He spoke at length about the attack on the USS Liberty and John McCain's father's part in not allowing a congressional investigation. For this reason I almost voted just out of gratitude. But, I didn't. I have gotten letters from the election weenies here in Colorado that have intensified, and now I'm told that if I don't vote this Nov. I will be removed from the voting rolls. Peel me a grape.

Even very local elections mean nothing. In the small town where I grew up, the school board wanted something and it was put to the vote. It failed. They brought about a special election, soon after. It failed. They scheduled a third special election and scheduled it only a few days later. They failed to post notice as the law required. Only about 1/10th of the normal voters even knew about the election. It passed. It was taken to the courts and a judge ruled that the election was valid. Big surprise.

Every populist referendum that passes that favors normal people gets overturned by a federal judge.

Voting is a joke.

Mike
--
I'm still getting shit from the election weenies, threatening to remove me from the voting polls. I don't think they ever really do. Too bad.

Old September 21st, 2011 #4
Chip Farley

Chip Farley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
I see this as a good thing. Great empires are desroyed when they are ignored to death.
Hopefully you are correct because I am coming around to this type of thinking.

The USSR collapsed when people stopped believing in PRAVDA and their system. Hopefully a similar event will happen here.

Old September 21st, 2011 #5
Maxfield Parrish
Banned

Speaking just for me it's like...uh...when you...I mean...what was the question again?

Old September 21st, 2011 #6
confederate

confederate

"Why is There so Much Voter Apathy in U.S. Elections?"

because it's rigged.

see mike in denver's explanation below.

Dr. William Pierce

Old October 2nd, 2011 #7
Fenria
Self imposed ban

Fenria

One recent glaring example, prop 8 here in California. Prop 8, the anti gay marriage bill, passed, was signed into law, was an actual amendment to the CA constitution, and some activist gay judge in San Francisco over ruled it on the grounds that it was discriminatory. Now, personally, I don't really give two fucks what gays do, I have bigger fish to fry, but why bother voting at all if some high level activist asshole is just going to wake up one day with a wild hair up his ass and over rule as he pleases?

Also, the media, once again, killed Ron Paul. He was in the top three of all the recent straw polls, yet no mention of him at all. Instead, we get the endless tedium of Perry vs. Romney, two candidates that most Americans couldn't give two rat fucks about, but zog has deemed them as "kosher" apparently, thus, they are paraded before us for our approval. The entire media has stonewalled Ron Paul, and while some of his positions could use some serious re-tooling, he's no more "extreme" than any of these other ponies the GOP is trotting out this time around. Why is he being consistently stonewalled, I wonder.... Could it be his stance on Israeli aid, the Fed, international bankers, and interventionism, perhaps......

The message is clear: Voting is your right, only when it doesn't conflict with the interests of jewish agenda.

Old October 2nd, 2011 #8
C. Grady Tucker

C. Grady Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenria View Post
One recent glaring example, prop 8 here in California. Prop 8, the anti gay marriage bill, passed, was signed into law, was an actual amendment to the CA constitution, and some activist gay judge in San Francisco over ruled it on the grounds that it was discriminatory. Now, personally, I don't really give two fucks what gays do, I have bigger fish to fry, but why bother voting at all if some high level activist asshole is just going to wake up one day with a wild hair up his ass and over rule as he pleases?

Also, the media, once again, killed Ron Paul. He was in the top three of all the recent straw polls, yet no mention of him at all. Instead, we get the endless tedium of Perry vs. Romney, two candidates that most Americans couldn't give two rat fucks about, but zog has deemed them as "kosher" apparently, thus, they are paraded before us for our approval. The entire media has stonewalled Ron Paul, and while some of his positions could use some serious re-tooling, he's no more "extreme" than any of these other ponies the GOP is trotting out this time around. Why is he being consistently stonewalled, I wonder.... Could it be his stance on Israeli aid, the Fed, international bankers, and interventionism, perhaps......

The message is clear: Voting is your right, only when it doesn't conflict with the interests of jewish agenda.
Don't forget Prop 187. Another example of why it's worthless to use the ballot box for anything other than sabotage.

Old October 3rd, 2011 #9
ray bateson
baппed

ray bateson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenria View Post

All this goes to why, ultimately, the only solution to the subversive jews is to kill every last one on earth.

Old October 3rd, 2011 #10
Rick Ronsavelle

Rick Ronsavelle
Default Welcome to the home of the Non-Voter!

Thank you for considering the most important political question this year.
My best recommendation is a purchase of Dissenting Electorate edited by Carl Watner with Wendy McElroy
Amazon.com: Dissenting Electorate: Those Who Refuse to Vote and the Legitimacy of Their Opposition (9780786408740): Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy: Books Amazon.com: Dissenting Electorate: Those Who Refuse to Vote and the Legitimacy of Their Opposition (9780786408740): Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy: Books
It is a collection of essays and even a cartoon!

Principled non-voting is one of the most responsible acts a free individual can perform. Voting is a violent act. It supports government which is the monopolization and unjust authorization of the use of force. Please do your part this year and stay away from the polls. Thank you.

http://www.leagueofnonvoters.org/Home_Page.html

"THE PURPOSE OF VOTING IS SO THE ROOBS WILL THINK THE GOVERNMENT IS VOLUNTARY"

Old October 8th, 2011 #11
Hunter Morrow

Hunter Morrow

The sick joke of the system complaining about low voter turnout is always worth a bitter laugh. They complain about low voter turnout in a winner-takes-all, 2 party system rigged game. They hold the most important game of 4 years (make no mistake, from the strategy to the commentary it is a game) on a Tuesday night when it always rains or snows. Get real. They want low turnout. Easy to rig excuse me, "control" and no surprises.

131 million people voted, out of the more than 231 million people 18 or older, during the 2008 presidential election. Not even 70 million out of 231 million people who could have voted cast their vote for Obama. More people just said fuck it rather than voted at all, by a pretty consider margin.

You know something? That is weird. I was told it was the most important election ever, just like 2004 was, and just like 2000 was, and just like 2 years from now will be the "most important election ever." If the eventual winner winds up even getting 1/3 of the votes possible, I'd be astonished.

This is also why it is strange to criticize the president and then get scolded. "THAT MAN IS YOUR PRESIDENT!" Doesn't really seem like he's anybody's president to me. Except the niggers. Man, did the niggers love to vote for another nigger.

Thread