Botched TikTok egg hack leaves woman with ‘poached’ face
By Ben Cost
July 13, 2021
It literally blew up in her face.
A UK woman’s attempt to poach eggs using a viral TikTok hack backfired horribly after the experiment egg-sploded in her face, leaving her with ghastly burns. Her recorded public service announcement warning other home cooks against the practice currently boasts over 120,000 views on the video platform.
“I’ve literally burned my full face and my neck off,” described Chantelle Conway in a July 4 clip detailing her experience with the time-saving TikTok shortcut, in which online epicures allegedly poach eggs to runny perfection by sticking them in the microwave for 90 seconds.