Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old 3 Days Ago #21
Jack Dillenburger

Jack Dillenburger

I agree....our media is controlled one hundred per cent.

Last edited by Jack Dillenburger; 2 Days Ago at 12:46 PM.

Old 2 Days Ago #22
Owain Jones

Owain Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . . The English police-force was held up high . .

- - -
I'm guessing you've not read the books then?

Doyle was at times contemptuous of the police, even going so far as to work a couple of cold cases in real life, to have verdicts overturned.

The primary officer used in his writings, Lestrade, was credited as Scotland Yards finest, but was almost always reliant on the amateur Holmes to get results for him.

Old 2 Days Ago #23
ColdFire

ColdFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain Jones View Post
I'm guessing you've not read the books then?

Doyle was at times contemptuous of the police, even going so far as to work a couple of cold cases in real life, to have verdicts overturned.

The primary officer used in his writings, Lestrade, was credited as Scotland Yards finest, but was almost always reliant on the amateur Holmes to get results for him.
Holmes was a 'state-servant' . .

- me

Old 1 Day Ago #24
Owain Jones

Owain Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Holmes was a 'state-servant' . .
Holmes, like his creator, Doyle, was a Liberal unionist, & the early stories were predominately set under Conservative governments.

Holmes respected the idea of the state, but was contemptuous of the government.

You should really read the books, not because they are particularly good, they're actually quite dated, in a lot of aspects now, but because it might give you an idea of the subject you're posting about.

Old 1 Day Ago #25
ColdFire

ColdFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain Jones View Post
Holmes, like his creator, Doyle, was a Liberal unionist, & the early stories were predominately set under Conservative governments.

Holmes respected the idea of the state, but was contemptuous of the government.

You should really read the books, not because they are particularly good, they're actually quite dated, in a lot of aspects now, but because it might give you an idea of the subject you're posting about.
. . the fact is that he was in service of the British government . . As far as I know even the consultant of the London police . .

He fought 'criminals' . .

I've already said in post No. 1 that the societal shift especially in old England was harsh.

Make no mistake about it . . A detective is even higher in rank than a copper.

- - -

Furthermore . . it is proven that Arthur Conan Doyle was a freemason . . The freemasons were the 'snobs' , the 'bourgeois' of old . .

- - -

On a side note . . since we have already discussed the fictitous character of 'Holmes' . .

. . concerning 'the Batman' . . Bruce Wayne in the Batman-stories is characterized as an "extravagant millionaire in good relations with Gotham City officials , some politicians and even bankers" . . If that isn't an allusion to the life of a freemason then I don't know what is . .

- me

Thread