Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 29th, 2020 #1
James Radov

Lightbulb Cobra Kai

good review of the show here, one of the few things on televitz worth watching..
Johnny, a White dude in CA, a man out of time in the current year.
His life has gone to shit, his best years are way behind him and everything
he does ends up failing.
but the same character traits are also what drives him to crawl out of the sewer..
he is so Non-PC it makes him even cooler than in the original film when he beat up that dork kid [whos a bigger dork now]
its a mix of nostalgia, current trends and good deal of humor..

and the bully leader is an asian dude..

Last edited by James Radov; August 29th, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

Old August 29th, 2020 #2
Stewart Meadows

Hmm...since Cobra Kai is a series and not a movie, shouldn't this thread be in the TV subforum?

https://vnnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
good review of the show here, one of the few things on televitz worth watching..
Johnny, a White dude in CA, a man out of time in the current year.
His life has gone to shit, his best years are way behind him and everything
he does ends up failing.
but the same character traits are also what drives him to crawl out of the sewer..
he is so Non-PC it makes him even cooler than in the original film when he beat up that dork kid [whos a bigger dork now]
its a mix of nostalgia, current trends and good deal of humor..

The Drinker Recommends... Cobra Kai
I love the Karate Kid movies, so I don't want to bash this new follow-up series, but I'm not sure how you can say that it's "non-PC". I haven't seen it personally, but I do know that it was created by jews and that it contains the usual race-mixing propaganda, like the romance between Johnny's main and best student Miguel, a dark-skinned mestizo, and the (apparently) white Samantha:

Brought to you by Jonathan Benjamin Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Hurwitz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_Schlossberg

Old September 2nd, 2020 #3
James Fette

I saw this clip on YT:

Stuck in the 80s karate instructor on the telephone: "Yes. We except male and female students. Gender what?! Is this a crank call?!?"

Old September 2nd, 2020 #4
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
he is so Non-PC it makes him even cooler than in the original film
Yes, Johnny did have some non-PC lines in the video review that you posted, but it seems that that was only done for comedic effect, i.e. we're supposed to laugh at him for being a relic from the 80s and therefore out of touch with his time.

Like when that young, obese, androgynous negress wants him to teach her karate. He says no, she asks why, and he replies "Same reason there aren't women in the army: it doesn't make sense". Of course, there are women in the army, but apparently Johnny doesn't know that since he's still stuck in the 80s. (But didn't they have women in the army back then too?). And as the Shrek impersonator in the video review points out, this fat black girl becomes one of the dojo's best students.

So jew boy Hurwitz and jew boy Schlossberg aren't just promoting race-mixing in Cobra Kai, they're also promoting feminism. But hey, if there are Karate Kid fans here who want to see this series because they think the plot sounds interesting or because they want to relive old memories, then go for it. Personally though, I don't think I'll be watching it.

Thread