VNN Broadcasts

Old October 16th, 2011 #1
Jack Anonymous

Default Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia

Has anyone picked this up yet?

http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue...target=ABSB042

Quote:
Paganism: Part XVII - Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia

"Trolldom og Religion i Oldtidens Skandinavia" ("Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia") was finished in 2007, but it took some time for me to complete the English translation. Finally now it will be published – but only in English. You can get the details about how to order the book from here.

To avoid any misconceptions I will tell you a bit about the book. The distributors of the book, Plastichead, says on their homepage that the book "will be of interest not only to black metal and Burzum fans, but also to those with an interest in Norse mythology or European history and social commentators". I do not really understand what they mean by this, but I will claim that the book will only be interesting to those with an interest in Norse mythology and ancient European history. This book is exactly what the title says, a book about sorcery and religion in ancient Scandinavia. It has nothing to do with Burzum, music, politics or anything else for that matter. If you have no interest in ancient European sorcery and religion you shouldn't purchase this book. As simple as that.

If you on the other hand have an interest in ancient European sorcery and religion you definately should purchase this book. Unveiled in this book is the belief system of our forefathers, the ancient calender, the secrets of the runes and each and every high festival is described. You can read this book to learn how to practise the ancient European religion, or even the ancient sorcery tradition, or you can read this book simply to learn more about our own culture.

Now, the special thing with this book is that it is the first of its kind. You will not find the information in this book anywhere else, and you will understad that if you read the book. You might wonder how on Earth I can believe that this book is so special, compared to other books about the same subject, and you might wonder why not some less weird person has written a book like this before. Why me? Why this nutcase Norwegian sociopath? The fact is that it could only be written by a person like me; a person with no respect for general conventions whatsoever, with a very different perspective and an even more different approach. If you don't ask the right questions you will never find the right answers. Most writers think conventionally, and therefore they tend to just repeat what others have said before them. They accept the common "truths" and never question anything told them by their professors and other lecturers. They just copy and repeat – and find nothing new. I don't just copy and repeat. I never did, and that's why I have found some important answers other writers have not found before.

When I die I hope that I will be remembered as the writer of this book more than anything else. Music is my escape into my own world, and it doesn't really matter one way or the other, but this book is important to our European culture. I spent some 15 years of my life studying to be able to write this book, and I hope at least some of you will appreciate it.

Yours truly,
Vargr í véum Vikarnes
Bergen the 30th of August 2011
http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/paganism17.shtml

Old October 21st, 2011 #2
SaraT

Jack,

Thanks for posting this notice..... just ordered a copy!

Thread