Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 11th, 2008 #21
Charles Martel
Banned

Location: The origins of jewish egalitarianism lies within the precepts of christianity itself.
Smile

You know what would be good? To break out this subforum to Linux, Windows, Mac, Other subforums. Just a thought. I think that would better help us initially direct our concerns.

Old August 13th, 2008 #22
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aistulf View Post
Are you shitting me? Overpriced, laminated, ‘trendy’ Jew shit.

The only thing that makes them somewhat worthwhile is that they're customized entirely to the type of hardware they run on and that they run on a version of BSD (albeit bloated and butchered, but I heard you can also run X11), but that's really it.
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is certified by the Open Group. That technically makes it an even purer expression of UNIX than BSD is. So in what way is it "bloated and butchered?"

And yes, X11 is a mouse-click away, although I have no idea why anyone would want to use it when Apple's default windowing system is so much smoother and faster.

For the record, I run Mac OS X, but I'm not a proselytizer for Apple. I couldn't care less what operating system a person uses, I'm only against Microsoft because they are so blatantly anti-White.

Old August 13th, 2008 #23
Charles Martel
Banned

Location: The origins of jewish egalitarianism lies within the precepts of christianity itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is certified by the Open Group. That technically makes it an even purer expression of UNIX than BSD is. So in what way is it "bloated and butchered?"

And yes, X11 is a mouse-click away, although I have no idea why anyone would want to use it when Apple's default windowing system is so much smoother and faster.

For the record, I run Mac OS X, but I'm not a proselytizer for Apple. I couldn't care less what operating system a person uses, I'm only against Microsoft because they are so blatantly anti-White.
This subgroup has way too many posts that are not useful. We all know Vista is a bloated piece of crap. But you don't get Dx10 otherwise.

Linux based OS's are far more tailorable than any Darwin-based OS. A given. Suffice it to say I was staring down next years mac in a lab yesterday. So don't armchair me like I'm some 3rd rate IT guy working for the government. I see things you guys could only dream of.

Old August 14th, 2008 #24
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
This subgroup has way too many posts that are not useful. We all know Vista is a bloated piece of crap. But you don't get Dx10 otherwise.
Irrelevant. I didn't say Vista was "a bloated piece of crap." In fact, I didn't even mention Vista. The reports I've heard about it have been overwhelmingly negative, but since I've never used it I'm not in a position to comment on it.

Quote:
Linux based OS's are far more tailorable than any Darwin-based OS. A given.
Again, irrelevant. Didn't you read what I wrote earlier? I'm not out to get you to buy a Mac, and I honestly don't give a tinker's damn what operating system you're using. In fact, I've openly recommended Linux on this forum on several occasions.

Quote:
Suffice it to say I was staring down next years mac in a lab yesterday. So don't armchair me like I'm some 3rd rate IT guy working for the government.
I wasn't even addressing you, so what makes you think I'm "armchairing" you?

Old August 15th, 2008 #25
Charles Martel
Banned

Quote:
Irrelevant. I didn't say Vista was "a bloated piece of crap." In fact, I didn't even mention Vista. The reports I've heard about it have been overwhelmingly negative, but since I've never used it I'm not in a position to comment on it.

Again, irrelevant. Didn't you read what I wrote earlier? I'm not out to get you to buy a Mac, and I honestly don't give a tinker's damn what operating system you're using. In fact, I've openly recommended Linux on this forum on several occasions.

I wasn't even addressing you, so what makes you think I'm "armchairing" you?

I wasn't referring to you personally Myles. I just tried to put out some info on a new tool and a bunch of people descended on me like a pact of ravenous wolves. Like I'm some idiot that has never used a UNIX or Mac system. You know? Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you in my post.

Old August 15th, 2008 #26
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you personally Myles. I just tried to put out some info on a new tool and a bunch of people descended on me like a pact of ravenous wolves. Like I'm some idiot that has never used a UNIX or Mac system. You know? Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you in my post.
No problem my friend. Simple miscommunication, no harm done.

Hopefully Dan_O will kindly refrain from starting any more mindless OS wars in the future.

Old August 15th, 2008 #27
Charles Martel
Banned

Red face

Quote:
No problem my friend. Simple miscommunication, no harm done.

Hopefully Dan_O will kindly refrain from starting any more mindless OS wars in the future.
No prob Myles. My bad. I just get a bit frustrated when I am just trying to offer some new advice and all these idiots jump in and hack on the OS. It's a freaking OS people, get over it. You know what I'm talking about. Like we're not already aware of it's known shortcomings... Get real.

Old August 15th, 2008 #28
Mark Kerpolt

Quote:
Dream on.

Old August 15th, 2008 #29
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Quote:
Dream on.
It took you two days to post that? You did so well in my Jew quotes thread (I just noticed that this evening, thanks) that I was expecting something a little better than a two word reply and a puerile smilie.

But seriously, Aistulf, once again I politely ask you for some specific examples of how Apple "bloated and butchered" the FreeBSD kernel. You made the statement my friend. Surely you can back it up with some verifiable, irrefragable facts, right?

Another thing I'm wondering is that since Apple developers have been contributing code to the FreeBSD project, is FreeBSD now "bloated and butchered" as well?

Old August 16th, 2008 #30
Mark Kerpolt

No, it took me two two microseconds to post that. Particularly the line: “That technically makes it an even purer expression of UNIX than BSD is.” is absolute fucking bullshit. The ‘recognition’ of the Open Group is acquired almost entirely through licensing of the UNIX trademark (read about it here). It has little to nothing to do with how UNIX-like and compatible an OS is. It also makes no sense, whatsoever, that you begin by ranting that OS X is more UNIX-like than *BSD, while you know and admit its derived from *BSD; what kind of logical fallacy is that!?

In fact, Window$ NT 4's kernel was also partially ripped off from *BSD, even with a certain degree of POSIX-compliance as well. Most later Window$ versions have evolved from it ever since.

Old August 16th, 2008 #31
Ed in CT
Good Guy

You can build your own Mac and save at least 1/3 the cost. I built one about a month ago and it works fine. Not one crash or any other issues.

Go here to learn how.

The best free software available for a PC is called Rocket Dock and you can get it here

Quote:
RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock.

Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.

Old August 16th, 2008 #32
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Quote:
No, it took me two two microseconds to post that. Particularly the line: “That technically makes it an even purer expression of UNIX than BSD is.” is absolute fucking bullshit. The ‘recognition’ of the Open Group is acquired almost entirely through licensing of the UNIX trademark (read about it here). It has little to nothing to do with how UNIX-like and compatible an OS is.
Aistulf,

First of all, I didn't "rant" about anything; I've been polite and respectful with everyone I've communicated with here, which is more than can be said about your behavior. You seem to have an emotional investment in these operating system discussions. I don't.

Second, once again you're being hyperbolic as anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size knows you couldn't have possibly made your post in two microseconds.

Third, I'm well aware of the article you posted; I've seen it discussed elsewhere with contributions from various UNIX professionals (although I honestly can't remember where off the top of my head, it's been a few years). Linux.com has a commercially vested interest in downplaying the Open Group certification, basically saying it's nothing than more than paying for a license, while also admitting an OS must "meet certain requirements [and] [pass] the qualification tests."

Wikipedia provides an excellent definition of the Open Group:
"The Open Group is an industry consortium to set vendor- and technology-neutral open standards for computing infrastructure. It was formed when X/Open merged with the Open Software Foundation in 1996. The Open Group is most famous as the certifying body for the UNIX trademark, in the past the group was best known for its publication of the Single UNIX Specification paper, which extends the POSIX standards and is the official definition of UNIX. Their members include a range of IT buyers and vendors as well as government agencies, for example Capgemini, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NEC, US Department of Defense, NASA and others."

You can also read about POSIX here, and the Single UNIX Specification (SUS) paper here.

Note in the SUS article, Linus Torvalds himself openly admits he tried to make Linux "as POSIX-conforming as possible, although he coded Linux before he obtained a copy of the standards, basing its system call behaviors on man pages from existing Unix systems, but this post referred to pre-1.0 Linux in 1992." Richard Stallman, the founder creator of the GNU Project (which is what Torvalds used to build Linux) has also talked about the importance of POSIX compliance.

You'll also note that FreeBSD has "a C99 and POSIX Conformance Project which aims for full compliance with a large subset of the SUS."

Thus, there's simply no way to downplay the importance of POSIX/SUS, and the Open Group is what defines those standards. In essence, you're saying that the group that sets the official definition of UNIX "has little to nothing to do with how UNIX-like... an OS is."

And once again, I will say for the record that I think Linux and the BSD derivatives are fantastic OSes. I'm sure cost is a factor in obtaining their licenses and I certainly don't deny they're both UNIX-like. In fact, I believe it's only a matter of time before Linux becomes Open Group certified.

Quote:
It also makes no sense, whatsoever, that you begin by ranting that OS X is more UNIX-like than *BSD, while you know and admit its derived from *BSD; what kind of logical fallacy is that!?
Of course I "admitted" it, that's a known fact. I say Apple took FreeBSD and made the SUS compliant Darwin out of it. Where's the logical fallacy in that?

Which brings us to our final point: I see once again you evaded my request for you to prove your statement that Apple took FreeBSD and "bloated and butchered" it. In what specific ways was FreeBSD "bloated and butchered", Aistulf? Why won't you extend me the courtesy of answering my question, Aistulf?

Old August 16th, 2008 #33
Mark Kerpolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles
Third, I'm well aware of the article you posted; I've seen it discussed elsewhere with contributions from various UNIX professionals (although I honestly can't remember where off the top of my head, it's been a few years). Linux.com has a commercially vested interest in downplaying the Open Group certification, basically saying it's nothing than more than paying for a license, while also admitting an OS must "meet certain requirements [and] [pass] the qualification tests."
I guess we've landed in the discrediting one's source for subjective reasons stage, which usually becomes a huge (or certainly bigger) waste of time from that point on. Since I don't intend to waste any more of my time, especially not on Bolshewikipedia and ‘Googo dat shidd’ ‘professors,’ here I draw the line and withdraw from this... erm... ‘debate.’ (Sawree!)

Hey, you ‘win’ for all I care.

Old August 17th, 2008 #34
Charles Martel
Banned

Quote:
I guess we've landed in the discrediting one's source for subjective reasons stage, which usually becomes a huge (or certainly bigger) waste of time from that point on. Since I don't intend to waste any more of my time, especially not on Bolshewikipedia and ‘Googo dat shidd’ ‘professors,’ here I draw the line and withdraw from this... erm... ‘debate.’ (Sawree!)

Hey, you ‘win’ for all I care.

And yet you don't post a single thing worth a shit. Just knock everything. Ok, linux is the shit. Post something cool and new about it. Contribute. Or fuck off.

Old August 17th, 2008 #35
Mark Kerpolt

Sorry, I think itz that I'm allergic to iRabbis.

Old August 17th, 2008 #36
Charles Martel
Banned

No, you're just another tard that contributes nothing.

Old August 17th, 2008 #37
Mark Kerpolt

jewsign

Go suck your hero Steve Ballmer's cut dick.

Old August 17th, 2008 #38
Charles Martel
Banned

Quote:
Go suck your hero Steve Ballmer's cut dick.
Isn't there an anonymous idiot board you can troll? You know, one where they think highly of teenage-grade humor like yours?

Old August 18th, 2008 #39
Charles Martel
Banned

Quote:
Isn't there an anonymous idiot board you can troll? You know, one where they think highly of teenage-grade humor like yours?

Yeah, I thought not. You're a cunt that has nothing to offer but faggot snipes. Like a typical queer. Aistulf is assuredly anti. I'd bet even money on it. Spouts garbage yet gives nothing back. A cleverly disguised jew.

Old August 18th, 2008 #40
Mark Kerpolt

Said the Kikero$oft and Steve Ballmer ( ) loving ‘tough guy’ with a swarthy Hymiewood personality in his avatar image...

To conclude, here's a nice quote by your hero, to warm your heart:
Microsoft is Israeli almost as much it is American.”
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, flanked by Microsoft Israel CEO Danny Yamin and Microsoft Israel head of R&D Moshe Lichtman yesterday in Herzliya (source)

Thread