VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 20th, 2004 #1
Opus X

Default Gumball machines.

http://www.gumballs.com/gumball-machines.html

I was looking at various gumball machines and would be a long-term yet steady income. At first they might seem expensive but if you find certain spots in malls, doctors offices, lawyer firms, place extremely boring yet one of these would meet everyone's eye head on. Sure you could only cash in on these machines a few times a month, but we perhaps you could get personalized gumballs such as www.govnn.com, www.whiterevolution.com, ect. Would this be practical? Or would this be too much of an expense and not worth the risk? I was considering perhaps 6 four hundred dollar ones, and places them strategically throughout my town.

Old August 20th, 2004 #2
COTW
Overseer

COTW

I would guess that the rent for the space charged is the only handicap in the venture. I would also gather that it would likely take numerous stores to make a decent profit. Otherwise, why don't the stores themselves implement the use of them?

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old August 23rd, 2004 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus X

I was looking at various gumball machines and would be a long-term yet steady income. ..........Or would this be too much of an expense and not worth the risk? I was considering perhaps 6 four hundred dollar ones, and places them strategically throughout my town.
skip the controversial slogans. appeal to mass tastes. keep them located as close together as possible so that you spend a minimum of time restocking. dont forget to declare your income, Uncle will be able to tell what your revenues are by requisitioning your gumball purchases.

just a few idears!

Old August 25th, 2004 #4
Single White Mogul

Quote:

I was looking at various gumball machines and would be a long-term yet steady income. At first they might seem expensive but if you find certain spots in malls, doctors offices, lawyer firms, place extremely boring yet one of these would meet everyone's eye head on. Sure you could only cash in on these machines a few times a month, but we perhaps you could get personalized gumballs such as www.govnn.com, www.whiterevolution.com, ect. Would this be practical? Or would this be too much of an expense and not worth the risk? I was considering perhaps 6 four hundred dollar ones, and places them strategically throughout my town.
Great idea! By my calculations you could make back the initial investment in 2-3 months:

$639 for five machines (including costs related to shipping and stands)

$.25 per gumball in gross revenue
-$.5 per gumball in costs for materials
-$.5 per gumball to owners of retail space

$639/$.15 = 4260

At ten gumballs per day per machine, you make your money back in ~85 days
At fifteen, you earn it back in ~57 days

Again, great idea. I'm not sure about the stickers, though, as they could cause less enlightened customers to complain.

Last edited by Single White Mogul; August 25th, 2004 at 01:31 AM.

Old August 25th, 2004 #5
Sean Martin

Sean Martin

There is a show on Food Network called “unwrapped” and on one of the episodes it details the history of the Gumball machine. It tells you everything you need to know about them from where is the best place to set them up to which ones make the most money to who makes the highest quality ones.

It even tells you where you can rent the high paying machines.

Rent one that lights up, where I used to work had one and people would dump as high as $2.00 in it just so their kids could watch the lights.

Remember to put the lid back on it tight. One time the vendor didn’t and the whiggers where I worked discovered that and emptied the machine before he could get back.

Also beware that glass breaks easily and people love to steal even if it is a gumball.

My suggestion would be to rent them and take out the insurance. That way your only worry is if people buy them or not.

I have seen used ones go in auctions for as low as $30. Check your local paper and buy a couple of the papers specializing in selling used stuff.

But hey in typical DOC fashion I will take all the guess work out and hook a brother right up.

18.00 and you are in buisness

50.00 and the money comes a piling in

9.95 and this little gem is yours

The Grandaddy of Gumball machines
All Metal Tri-Vending Bulk Candy / Gumball Vending Machine

!!!Don't be FOOLED by LOW QUALITY imitations
with CHEAP COIN MECHANISMS!!!

Specifications• Item Number: TF03-RED
• Dimensions: 11" x 16.5" x 18.5"
• Base: diameter: 18" height: 24"
• Overall Height: 43.5"
• Weight: 63lbs.
• Color: Red powder coat finish
• Capacity: 12lbs. - 15lbs. per compartment
Features
• All metal construction
• Steel case
• Die-cast metal coin mechanism
• Die-cast metal chrome door
• Drop through candy compartments
• Clear and Durable plexi-glass/lexan
Heavy duty cast iron baseBarrel locks and keys included

Give them a selection and make the bucks when they cannot decide and just take one of each

You can even diversify into stickers when the big bucks come rolling in.

Why stop there for for 625.00 get your own bill changing machine.

Hey even deal in snacks

There is some money to be made in the world of coffee

137.00 a month and you can be profiting from the neighborhood thirst

http://www.vendingondemand.com/

Now who says the DOC doesn’t make constructive posts?

Last edited by Sean Martin; August 25th, 2004 at 02:26 AM.

Old August 25th, 2004 #6
chrissy

chrissy
Red face

I'd go slowly into the gumball business if I were you, my husband and I looked into it at one time. Alot of these businesses sell snacks on their counter tops - candybars, crackers,etc. They're directly competing with a better selection of products. I found out some of the grocery stores own their own vending machines.
They do have another kind of vending business that uses honor boxes (cheaper) you put in small businesses selling snacks, people are on the honor system then.

" The more immoral a people are, the easier they are to exploit."

*******America the Conquered by Pastor Peters********

Old August 25th, 2004 #7
bluedog39

bluedog39

i'm Bumping This Wonderful Gumball Thread!!

Old August 27th, 2004 #8
lorrie1488
x~JustAgirL~x

lorrie1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
There is a show on Food Network called “unwrapped” and on one of the episodes it details the history of the Gumball machine. It tells you everything you need to know about them from where is the best place to set them up to which ones make the most money to who makes the highest quality ones.

It even tells you where you can rent the high paying machines.

Rent one that lights up, where I used to work had one and people would dump as high as $2.00 in it just so their kids could watch the lights.

Remember to put the lid back on it tight. One time the vendor didn’t and the whiggers where I worked discovered that and emptied the machine before he could get back.

Also beware that glass breaks easily and people love to steal even if it is a gumball.

My suggestion would be to rent them and take out the insurance. That way your only worry is if people buy them or not.

I have seen used ones go in auctions for as low as $30. Check your local paper and buy a couple of the papers specializing in selling used stuff.

But hey in typical DOC fashion I will take all the guess work out and hook a brother right up.

18.00 and you are in buisness

50.00 and the money comes a piling in

9.95 and this little gem is yours

The Grandaddy of Gumball machines
All Metal Tri-Vending Bulk Candy / Gumball Vending Machine

!!!Don't be FOOLED by LOW QUALITY imitations
with CHEAP COIN MECHANISMS!!!

Specifications• Item Number: TF03-RED
• Dimensions: 11" x 16.5" x 18.5"
• Base: diameter: 18" height: 24"
• Overall Height: 43.5"
• Weight: 63lbs.
• Color: Red powder coat finish
• Capacity: 12lbs. - 15lbs. per compartment
Features
• All metal construction
• Steel case
• Die-cast metal coin mechanism
• Die-cast metal chrome door
• Drop through candy compartments
• Clear and Durable plexi-glass/lexan
Heavy duty cast iron baseBarrel locks and keys included

Give them a selection and make the bucks when they cannot decide and just take one of each

You can even diversify into stickers when the big bucks come rolling in.

Why stop there for for 625.00 get your own bill changing machine.

Hey even deal in snacks

There is some money to be made in the world of coffee

137.00 a month and you can be profiting from the neighborhood thirst

http://www.vendingondemand.com/

Now who says the DOC doesn’t make constructive posts?

Wow...that was amazing...that must have taken a while. Good work Doc!

Old September 5th, 2004 #9
JohnJizmTree

Quote:

Many of the best spots for siting these machines may be controlled by the local mafia - and if you site a machine on someone elses turf you/your machine may get wrecked. Why not get an honest living as a brain surgeon or something - more buck for your bang.

Thread