Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 2nd, 2019 #1
Crowe

Default Bought a couple shotguns this weekend.

One is a 20 gauge pump. Remmington model 870 wingmaster. Has a nice stock, with etching. Condition is very good. Paid $250 for this one. I already got offered $350 for this from a friend of mine that wants one to shoot clay pidgeons.

The other is a Remmington 12 gauge that uses Browning's patent for the action. Not a pump, it's semi automatic. Condition is very good, but it looks like it's been re-blued. This shotgun is heavier than average, and I'm told it's not popular for that reason. It's also got a compensator on the end. I got this one for $150. It's a great home defender, I think I'll keep it.

I think I got a good buy on these. I got them at a yard sale. I saw a table with gun cases, and pulled over to see what they had.

Last edited by Crowe; June 2nd, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

Old June 2nd, 2019 #2
Johan
Banned

That's great, for that price you buy a water gun in the Netherlands.
About 15 years ago I shoot with a remington, we used brenner ammunition {nine steel balls} which gave a great result.

Old June 2nd, 2019 #3
Crowe

They also had a Sako .243 rifle with Leupold 4 power sights. Made in Finland stamped on the side of it. They wanted $750 for it. Beautiful rifle, like new condition, but I didn't have the cash on hand. Someone else came and bought it, while I was trying to get the cash together. That rifle is worth at least $1200-$1400. Would have been a great flip.

For hunting in the elements, I prefer a rifle with a stainless steel barrel, and synthetic stock.

Old November 3rd, 2019 #4
Crowe

My latest purchase, a Colt Commander M1991A1 model .45. Only paid $350 for this!!

Thread