VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 13th, 2019 #21
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . Yaphet Kotto has a hardcore punk band named after him.

Interesting . .

I'd rather listen to the Russian pop band named after Uma Thurman.

https://popkult.org/uma2rmah/

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 13th, 2019 #22
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I'd rather listen to the Russian pop band named after Uma Thurman.

https://popkult.org/uma2rmah/
. . . not bad , that stuff

By the way ,I even heard that here in Germany we have a band named 'Errol Flynn'. .

. . . you know , the actor famous for playing Robin Hood.

I heard that their music is some kind of 'folk-metal' , even with mandolines.

. . you know , the type of music fit for a Robin Hood filming

Last edited by ColdFire; December 13th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Old December 19th, 2019 #23
Ray Allan

I wonder how effectively the crew of the starship Enterprise would have dealt with the Alien xenomorph with their superior technology (phasers, transporters, etc.) from what the Nostromo's crew or the space marines from the sequel, Aliens, had? I'm sure a few redshirts would've still bought it. If the original Alien took place in the Star Trek universe, I would place it about the mid-22nd century, at least 100 years before Capt. Kirk's time.

Getting a little off-topic from Yaphet Kotto, I know.

Old March 16th, 2021 #24
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Yaphet Kotto, ‘Homicide’ and ‘Alien’ actor who was one of the first Black Jews on screen, dies at 81

BY PHILISSA CRAMER MARCH 16, 2021 9:14 AM

(JTA) — Yaphet Kotto was nominated for an Emmy for his performance as Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in a 1976 TV film about Entebbe, the deadly raid in which Israeli commandos freed Jewish passengers taken prisoner during a hijacking.

It was one of many notable roles for the actor, who died Sunday at 81 after a decades-long career that included starring roles in “Alien,” “Homicide: Life on the Street” and “Live and Let Die.” He was the first Black actor to portray a Black James Bond villain.

It was also one that had a direct connection to the unusual lineage he claimed.

Like Amin, Kotto had roots in Africa: His father was a Cameroonian immigrant to the United States who Kotto said was a descendant of that country’s royal family. He was also Jewish, like the passengers on the plane and the commandos who freed them.
(...)
After “Homicide” ended in 2000, Kotto appeared on screen only once more, for a small part in a 2008 movie called “Witless Protection.” Over the last two decades, he promoted a range of unusual and sometimes contradictory views, saying that he had been abducted by aliens, dismissing the danger of COVID-19 and sharing content associated with QAnon, the pervasive pro-Trump conspiracy theory. Last year, Kotto endorsed both Black Lives Matter and Donald Trump. (He had also forcefully rejected the prospect of a Black man being cast as James Bond.) On Facebook, he also suggested that he had embraced Jesus and quoted passages from the New Testament several times over the last year.

In the 2019 Inside Hook interview, Kotto had not indicated any religious change, although he said he now looked for the nearest deli rather than the local synagogue when he traveled. Instead, he said Judaism remained a lasting influence in his life.
https://www.jta.org/2021/03/16/cultu...een-dies-at-81

Old March 18th, 2021 #25
Ray Allan

Thread