VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 26th, 2019 #101
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Here's a remix of Earthbound's amazing trance song Essence Of Life:

(I'm not really sure why the guy who uploaded the video calls it "trance version" since the original version – which is even better – is also trance. Oh, well. Who cares?)

Old 1 Week Ago #105
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Eurodance/trance/techno for the win!!!

Old 1 Week Ago #107
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Tomasz Winnicki

Quote:
Golden Axe (C64) Title Theme:
Ahhh... Golden Axe... so many wasted quarters If I saved all the quarters I wasted playing Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Bubble Bobble... I'd have like 200 bucks more now... And if I invested that in a 'high interest' bank account... I would now have $220 Ah fuck! Money well spent! Time well enjoyed! Comes to think of it... programmers put in heterosexual themes in a lot of games. (We're NOT sorry all you faggots. Computer games are a STRAIGHT GUY THING.) In Golden Axe it's the sexy amazon warrior princess. In Double Dragon you rescue the girl and in Bubble Bobble the dragon/lizard guys rescue their girlfriends.

Since you brought up the C64...

This Fairlight & Prosonix & Offence - We Are All Connected - C64 Demo has the highest quality music I've ever heard coming from a C64. After all these years there are still programmers finding new ways to squeeze even more power from the machine.

Note the heterosexual themes, especially at about 8:20.

10:45 "Golden Moments"... almost brought me to tears the first time I listened to it. I thought back to my golden moments. But it wasn't moments; it was several months of my time in the sun. Although not for programming a game or a demo but for the multiple non linear undo-redo script/plugin for Lightwave 3D. I helped others make their demos. It was also the time when I gained my racial (and consequently JEW) awareness.

I only went to a few classical concerts. Most of the audience was of course elderly White men and women. What type of crowds do techno/trance/metal/... attract? If it's mostly young Whites who hate rap, maybe it could be a WN recruiting opportunity.

Old 1 Week Ago #108
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Tomasz Winnicki

My opinion on techno/trance is that most of it has weak melody (most classical is nauseating and sucky too) and the little melody that is there is overly repetitive. If it was played backwards I couldn't tell. Mostly just a lot of synth and reverb. Melodic dance techno (if that's the genre) is a little better for my ears. Whatever the genre, whether classical, pop, techno, trance, metal... AMIGA!!! I always preferred music with strong melody. And the melody can be happy, melancholic, angry, sad, upbeat, mysterious, scary... as long as it's strong. That's why I dislike most classical, jazz and blues - they're bland.

Here is the original "Moonlight Shadow".

And here is a very nicely done techno-ish remix.

Old 1 Week Ago #109
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz Winnicki View Post
Ahhh... Golden Axe... so many wasted quarters If I saved all the quarters I wasted playing Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Bubble Bobble... I'd have like 200 bucks more now... And if I invested that in a 'high interest' bank account... I would now have $220 Ah fuck! Money well spent! Time well enjoyed! Comes to think of it... programmers put in heterosexual themes in a lot of games. (We're NOT sorry all you faggots. Computer games are a STRAIGHT GUY THING.) In Golden Axe it's the sexy amazon warrior princess. In Double Dragon you rescue the girl and in Bubble Bobble the dragon/lizard guys rescue their girlfriends.

Since you brought up the C64...

This Fairlight & Prosonix & Offence - We Are All Connected - C64 Demo has the highest quality music I've ever heard coming from a C64. After all these years there are still programmers finding new ways to squeeze even more power from the machine.

Fairlight & Prosonix & Offence - We Are All Connected - C64 Demo

Note the heterosexual themes, especially at about 8:20.

10:45 "Golden Moments"... almost brought me to tears the first time I listened to it. I thought back to my golden moments. But it wasn't moments; it was several months of my time in the sun. Although not for programming a game or a demo but for the multiple non linear undo-redo script/plugin for Lightwave 3D. I helped others make their demos. It was also the time when I gained my racial (and consequently JEW) awareness.
Thank you for your interesting post, Tom.

When I was a kid in the 1980s, everyone in my school thought that the Commodore 64 was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I bought a used C64 along with hundreds of pirated games for a pretty reasonable price from an older kid that I had the fortune of knowing (when he grew up he went into the mobile phone industry and became pretty successful), so I was kinda the envy of my classmates.

Of course, most C64 games, especially the graphics, were pure crap, and we all dropped them like a bad habit when the infinitely superior Nintendo appeared on the market, but what really stood out about the C64 – and remained with me for all these years – was the excellent music. Jeroen Tel, Rob Hubbard and Chris Hülsbeck are brilliant composers, and their soundtracks for Cybernoid II, Myth, Golden Axe, Nemesis the Warlock and The Great Giana Sisters are masterpieces.

I’ll repost some of them here for our new lurkers:

To be continued…

Old 1 Week Ago #110
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
To be continued…
...and here's another example:

Quote:
I only went to a few classical concerts. Most of the audience was of course elderly White men and women. What type of crowds do techno/trance/metal/... attract? If it's mostly young Whites who hate rap, maybe it could be a WN recruiting opportunity.
Maybe White Nationalists could recruit the famous Techno Viking? He’s the future ruler of the universe, according to Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Quote:
My opinion on techno/trance is that most of it has weak melody
Really? Well, I disagree with that.

Quote:
(most classical is nauseating and sucky too) and the little melody that is there is overly repetitive. If it was played backwards I couldn't tell. Mostly just a lot of synth and reverb. Melodic dance techno (if that's the genre) is a little better for my ears. Whatever the genre, whether classical, pop, techno, trance, metal... AMIGA!!! I always preferred music with strong melody. And the melody can be happy, melancholic, angry, sad, upbeat, mysterious, scary... as long as it's strong. That's why I dislike most classical, jazz and blues - they're bland.
In my opinion, even the "worst" trance/techno tune is superior to rock, country and similar retarded shit that Americans love to listen to.

Yes, electronic music (Eurodance, trance, techno, computer music, etc.) is definitely the way to go.

Old 3 Days Ago #112
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Here's more awesome techno music:

Mortal Kombat Theme Song Original
Here are a couple of remixes of the Mortal Kombat theme song – although the original version remains unsurpassed:

Old 3 Days Ago #113
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Tomasz Winnicki

Quote:
Really? Well, I disagree with that.
That's because you have a lower IQ than I do.

In reference to music, a better phrase than "strong melody" would be "memorable melody". Catchy, easily memorizeable melodies is what distinguishes the great works from the forgettable ones. While writing this reply I kind of proved my own point on myself. When I was about 7 (or even younger) I heard Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene 4. Those first 5 key notes (25s in) captivated me immediately. I haven't listened to it for a long time and forgot which part it was. First I searched for Oxygene 5, even though youtube's (and google's) first suggestion after typing "Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene" is number "4". I erred thinking the best sounding one was # 5 and listened to it first. It wasn't that favorite. So I listened to 1, 2, 3 and then 4 - the one I wanted. There's a good reason why # 4 is suggested first. It sounds good to most people; it's the one with the most memorable melody. Try this. Play 10 seconds of Oxygene 4 to someone who hasn't heard it before (maybe someone young), 3 times max. Distract them for a minute or so and then ask them to whistle whatever they remember. Do the same for that trance song "Essence of Life" you praise so much. See which one they whistle back more closely. I'm 99% sure they will recall Oxygene 4 more closely, i.e. Oxygene 4 has stronger melody.

"Kickass Classicals" are the ones with the catchiest, most memorizeable melodies.

Bach's Toccata and Fugue - the great great great... granddaddy of all computer music. Although it has its own randomish gibberish parts I don't like.

Old 16 Hours Ago #114
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Quote:
That's because you have a lower IQ than I do.
Well, yes, your IQ is probably higher than mine, but I still recognize a great trance tune when I hear one.

Regarding your proposed experiment, virtually everyone has already heard Oxygène Part IV, so that wouldn't work. Also, I don't like having to choose between Earthbound and Jean-Michel Jarre because I like both groups/artists and both electronic subgenres. You think Jarre is talented? Great. So do I.

I really have to stress that a lot of the songs that I've posted in this thread are amazing and memorable Eurodance/trance/techno masterpieces that I and everyone else listened to throughout the 1990s, all over Europe (you could go from country to country and hear the same songs played everywhere), but for some inexplicable reason Americans didn't afford these fantastic songs and their talented composers and performers the respect and popularity that they so obviously deserved.

Old 11 Hours Ago #115
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Since we’re talking about Jean-Michel Jarre, I might as well mention that the melody in Richi M’s excellent Lovely Lily (which I posted on the first page of this thread) was taken from Jarre’s Oxygène Part II.

Here’s Oxygène Part II (fast forward to 2:03):

And here’s Lovely Lily:

Our new lurkers can listen to more Richi M songs in the following posts:

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=2256665&postcount=4

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=2256666&postcount=5

Thread