VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 2nd, 2003 #1
Steve

Default 1000 Pushups

Hi Folks,

First, I'm glad the VNN Forum is back up.

Now, in the previous VNN Forum, Razor challenged us to do 1000 pushups in one day. Some wrote in saying it could not be done (or was too difficlut, took too much discipline, etc.) I wrote in to say I could do it in 1 hour! I supported my claim by noting how many dips, chins, and pushups I did in about an hour.
After a day to reflect, I expessed doubt about doing it in 1 hour but stated I could definitely do it in 2 hours.

Well, in October, I finally tried it. I did it in 68 minutes! Now I will mention that these pushups were done in pretty good form. After 45 minutes, I was falling behing schedule but I did not care. I just wanted to finish! I will never do that again!

I will add one more thing. This is a legit story, much unlike that jerk off from Stormfront, Magnus Volk, with his delusional claims of 200 pound dumbell(!) curls, and 175 CONSECUTIVE dips!!!. I will give that story in another thread. I rehash it because I got 'attacked' on Stormfront's censored, pussy Forum, and now that VNN's is up, I have a chance to respond.

Steve

Old December 3rd, 2003 #2
IrishJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Hi Folks,

First, I'm glad the VNN Forum is back up.

Now, in the previous VNN Forum, Razor challenged us to do 1000 pushups in one day. Some wrote in saying it could not be done (or was too difficlut, took too much discipline, etc.) I wrote in to say I could do it in 1 hour! I supported my claim by noting how many dips, chins, and pushups I did in about an hour.
After a day to reflect, I expessed doubt about doing it in 1 hour but stated I could definitely do it in 2 hours.

Well, in October, I finally tried it. I did it in 68 minutes! Now I will mention that these pushups were done in pretty good form. After 45 minutes, I was falling behing schedule but I did not care. I just wanted to finish! I will never do that again!

I will add one more thing. This is a legit story, much unlike that jerk off from Stormfront, Magnus Volk, with his delusional claims of 200 pound dumbell(!) curls, and 175 CONSECUTIVE dips!!!. I will give that story in another thread. I rehash it because I got 'attacked' on Stormfront's censored, pussy Forum, and now that VNN's is up, I have a chance to respond.

Steve
Like you asked Magnus, do you have any proof of this besides your word? Witnesses?

How can we be so sure you are telling the truth?

Old December 3rd, 2003 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

Back in the eighties had some time to kill one winter before studying abroad in Germany. I'd read that running back Herschel Walker had built himself up entirely without weights. He claimed to be doing 1500 pushups a day. I decided if he could I could. So I did. Over a couple months I built up to 1500, increasing 20 a day or so. At peak, it took about 1.5 hours to do it. I did sets of 20 or 30 one or two minutes apart. The most pushups I've ever done consecutively was 52. Some claim they can do many more than this, but I can't do a huge number. I think G. Gordon Liddy claimed he did 100 straight in prison. Pushups give you great triceps, have some effects on forearms, pecs and stomach. By the time I was done, my triceps was growing over my elbow, like a sheaf. Although I was playing college sports at the time, I got tired of pushups after achieving the goal. Really, it takes a lot of time, and is not fun, although it does make your upper body look sharp. Today I do pushups, but would never think of doing that many daily or every other day. Really, all you need are probably 50 or 100 every couple days to maintain a good stable physique. Same thing with situps. Then maybe a bar for your arms, and a bike for your legs.

The important thing with pushups or any exercise, I believe, is proper form.

Another good exercise is car pushing. Get your car on a slight, very slight incline and push it uphill in neutral. This rapidly exhausts your muscles and lungs. No more long walks that don't even get you going. Do this three or four times every few days. Walter Payton used to train by somewhat similar method. It is a sort of horizontal squat that is good in the sense swimming is in that you get the resistance, but it's almost completely controlled -- you can't damage yourself the way you can with weight over your head. Squats can seriously fuck you up if you aren't careful, but car pushing that can't happen.

You don't need crap on tv to work out. If you do need equipment, you can always find it for pennies on the dollar at garage sales.

Old December 3rd, 2003 #4
Steve

Alex, I'm surprised the most you ever did was 52, in light of the fact that you did 1500 in 90 minutes. But, I guess some people are good for heavy weight, some are good for high reps, and some are good for marathon endurance.

I tell people that if the goal is good, all around strength and fitness, you do not even need a set of weights, let alone all those machines. You can get in terrific shape by doing free squats, chinups, pushups, dips, etc.

Of course, if your goal is to bench 500 pounds, you'd need to bench. But, while dumbells, barbells, and the like add variety, and help you specialize on certain lifts, they are not needed for impressive health, strength, and a good physique.

Jay, what a weak, pathetic, desperate comeback.
Listen, fuckwad, when I first challenged Magnus, your 'supporting testimony' was that you two went out to all you can eat places together! Yeah, that really supports his claim to bench 315 for 60 reps! Hang it up, man!

Old December 4th, 2003 #5
thewalloonsss

Default Push up penis contest.......

Sounds like we have the grounds for some serious competition here. Any ideas as to how we can get everyone together to compete in a LEGITIMATE contest with one another? Screw the constant bitching. Have a contest!

Old December 4th, 2003 #6
Draco
Rational Realistic Racist

One thousand in a day? In the basic training days of my youth(17 years of age-Im 21 already?!?! WTF?!) my platoon must have done around 250 in the course of a day, counting PT and the many, many, many times we got dropped, and that wasnt very easy, then again, it was summer in Georgia with little sleep or food. Im stronger now, but I dont realistically see myself getting over 450, and thats going all out. 300ish is more realistic.

I think I may give it a shot next Sunday(no school or work to interrupt me), just to see what I could do in a 24 hour period.

Old December 8th, 2003 #7
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

I think Alex is pulling our leg with that car pushing crap. I'll be damned if I'm getting behind some car in neutral under a hill! Cut it out Alex some mentally deficient reader will try this shit and get squashed.

Old December 8th, 2003 #8
Steve

Antiochus, I do not think Alex was joking.
There are some people who actually do that (push cars) as part of their routine. I never tried it as an exersize in itself, but, when pushing people out of snow you learn how exhausting it can be.

Notice Alex said, '...slight, very slight, inclice, ...'. Also, I also assume he would recommend that another would be behind the wheel, just in case.

For whatever itz worth, I also think that car pushing up a SLIGHT incline would be a great movement.

Old December 11th, 2003 #9
Boondock Saint

Never done 1000 in a day, but I have done 500 in a row, with only 3 30 second breaks inbetween.

Old December 11th, 2003 #10
FIATLUX

I think that for many this thread is like some kind of pissing-contest (over who can piss the longest) .

Personally I am just very happy to see that so many guys around here realizes how important it is to strenghten ourselves and our race.

My personal experience with politics is that goverments do anything possible to strenghten dark creep and dark trouble makers - like sending dark trouble makers to a boxing club to "have it out" (as a social aid to them) while throwing whites to prison or doing other stuff to keep the whites down - thus consciously trying to make our race weak....

My way of looking at ones body is that health , performance (what you can actually do with your body in the sense of actions) , flexibility and strength is more important.

I fully recognize though the use of setting oneself goals (like a 1000 pushups) and sticking to them....
But I would like to point again that things like that easily get to be like a pissing-contests that is of no use to the individual. Not all have the same strong "sides" and being put down because one can not do what the others can do , because they are built differently , is stupid - I think.
Surely contesting can be good people should just remember to use their powers where their capabilities are and accordingly to their predisposition. Anyway being able to do a thousand pushups is no inssurance against being flatend by someone else - just depends on who that someone else is (could be a martial arts guy / whatever )

Ohh.. and by the way I can't make a thousand pushups - wish I could though

FIAT LUX

Thread