Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 9th, 2003 #1
FadeTheButcher

Default Gott's Ignorance of History

I will use this thread to document and expose Gott's historical errors. I am browsing through his articles at the moment on VNN. This will be an ongoing project.

". . . And, the Roman Empire allowed all to worship freely, which is something christianity was never able to tolerate. . . ."

-- Gott

http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/l...christnjud.htm

ROFL listen to this:

"Pliny the Elder (AD 23/24-79) seems to be the first to raise questions about the reasons for the decline of the Druids and certainly has no hesitation in attributing it to Roman repression. Yet one cannot really take seriously the claim that this was done because of Roman outrage against a religion they associated with human sacrifice when Rome itself was so used to mass sacrifices. Eminent men from nations that Rome had conquered were dragged through the streets, chained to the chariots of her victorious generals, and ritually strangled in the Tullianum at the foot of the Capitol to propitiate Mars, the Roman god of war. Vercingetorix, the famous leader of Celtic resistance to Caesar in Gaul, met his end here. It can hardly be believed that the Romans, especially during the reigns of such emperors as Caligula and Nero, could be shocked by human sacrifice. It is only the Romans, of course, who would have us believe in their sensitivity to human sacrifice. . .

. . . When Augustus excluded the Druids from Roman citizenship by forbidding Roman citizens to practice Druidic rites, when Tiberius banned the Druids by a decree of the Roman Senate and when Claudius attempted to 'wholly abolish' them in AD 54, it was not, I believe, in disapproval of 'inhuman rites' practiced by the Druids, but to wipe out an intellectual class who could, and did, organize national revolt against Rome."

Peter Berresford Ellis, A Brief History of the Druids (New York, 1994), p.17

Religious tolerance right Gott?

Thread